Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 2:25 PM
I'm particularly interested in the child support bit of this one, that's for sure. Make it happen, please.
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
I'm particularly interested in the child support bit of this one, that's for sure. Make it happen, please.
It will probably happen at some time, but I really can't give a time-frame. I will have to rewrite the complete UI of the banking stuff. Right now, I'm ripping out and rewriting the BuyableUpgrades and WorkOvertime code to include them in another mod I'm working on.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#28 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 6:29 PM
I'm just posting to show my interest in this mod as well. It sounds awesome and extremely useful for people who want to build some kind of integrated economy for their Sims 3 towns. I'm not going to demand that you hurry along with it, though, as you sound plenty busy already, and I'm not the demanding sort. :-p
Field Researcher
#29 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:27 AM
What I would love (lol) are taxes. One sim (the governor, the king?) should be able to get taxes from the other sims.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:59 PM
This mod is exactly what I have been looking for - I can't wait!
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 10:31 AM
could you please upload this :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:10 PM
I don't know if you are planning on posting this one, but it would be awesome if you did. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 2:33 AM
You can note me down as another who's very interested, just didn't know about it because I tend to only wander into modding forum when TRULY bored as I know nothing of modding and can never be of any help.

Was curious, since you say it'd be Sims who get the loan individually if you ever get back to this mod, does that mean that a Sim could get a realistic loan before moving out of a household to go off on their own and keep that loan amount?
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
Was curious, since you say it'd be Sims who get the loan individually if you ever get back to this mod, does that mean that a Sim could get a realistic loan before moving out of a household to go off on their own and keep that loan amount?
Yes, that's exactly how it works. I'm very busy with procrastinating right now, though, so I still can't give a time-frame.

Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 9:11 PM
This will be an AWESOME mod...award worthy..CAN'T WAIT!!! ^_^
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 3:32 AM
Will this mod ever be updated/uploaded?
Original Poster
#37 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChelseaO
Will this mod ever be updated/uploaded?
Maybe. Actually, I will never release this mod, but I plan to write a new banking mod from scratch. I'm currently working on two other mods (one of them includes stuff from this mod) and I want to get these "finished" before I start anything new. I'm not sure if that one mod ever gets finished, though. It just keeps growing.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:00 PM Last edited by lion : 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:57 PM.
Hi Buzzler,

As I said in the "Moar Interactions" thread, many serious simmers that I know of want realistic money management and economy. They were in love with the money computer in the Sims 2 (and Pescado's bill payment, etc.) and fascinated with the ways some simmers ran an integrated economy with various mods or workarounds. So I hope you are still interested in this project, but of course it's up to you and your priority. But I'm certain that if this comes out, it will become another mega hit just like your "Moar Interactions" did.

Obviously you have given this a lot of thought, and you are probably adding more even if it's in the back burner right now. I love all your features, the transfer money between sims, loans, child support, and of course the ones you released to Moar Interactions.

I have the following thoughts.
(1) Individual money account, to keep track of money earned, and personal spending such as training costs, eat out, massages, etc., excluding home improvement and furnishing expenses. I have in mind scenarios of several singles live in an apartment building before they start a family, or a landlord renting some rooms out, or a military bunker with a bunch of soldiers. The lockable doors keep them apart, but we need individual money account to make it really work. I don't know if this is even doable. I sure hope it is.
(2) As was mentioned, a tax system will be in great demand. The king or the governor/mayor in the neighborhood can collect tax, and ideally it can be kept separate from the mayor's household funds.
(3) Twallan's SP already has:
- Child support. It's working fine I imagine, because I haven't played (again) the game long enough to have the second generation yet. I'm using his SP right now, but it's such a big lump that I'm having second thought about it. Too much is happening and too many stories to click close. I'll see. But in the mean time, your providing the child support function in a standalone economy/banking mod will definitely be welcome. I don't want to HAVE TO use his SP in order to have the child support (as well as money transfer and tax) function.
- Money transfer. But it's only recurring, I believe, and can't be paid on the spot and in a simple manner. A recurring money transfer is useful if you want such a thing, like a tenant paying the landlord the, or parents giving a teen who lives alone stipends, for example. But it's not enough. A simple "Pay..." to anybody on the lot or even just in the world will meet more needs. [Edited: I just learned that there's a one time money transfer in there, so that's very good.]
- Tax. But I don't see where the tax it collects goes, probably the same way as the bills goes, the void.
- Debt. It's working fine, except the creditor is the void.

I think, eventually, a lot of the integrated-economy players want all the money accounted for. If there is a debt or loan, there's a creditor in the world (a rich sim, the government/the tax fund). But as you said before, such a giant system needs a lot of planning. But to get it started, I think individual money account (if doable) and a versatile money transfer capability will make many things possible, including the tax system. In my hood, I plan to have a treasurer (lives alone, will never marry or have children, never have a job, never move, never die) and have all the other households transfer money to him as tax, and his household funds will act as the world/government fund.
Original Poster
#39 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lion
(1) Individual money account, to keep track of money earned, and personal spending such as training costs, eat out, massages, etc., excluding home improvement and furnishing expenses.
Probably not gonna happen. Unless it becomes possible to have multiple households living on the same lot, there's just not that much of a point.

Quote:
I have in mind scenarios of several singles live in an apartment building before they start a family, or a landlord renting some rooms out, or a military bunker with a bunch of soldiers.
That would be nice, yes, but the problem is that all these sims would still be part of the same household. The game wouldn't play the other sims for you, you'd have to play them yourself.

Quote:
(2) As was mentioned, a tax system will be in great demand. The king or the governor/mayor in the neighborhood can collect tax, and ideally it can be kept separate from the mayor's household funds.
I have buried the idea of an economy system. TS3 economy doesn't work without the void, i.e. the void's expenses and earnings being disconnected.

Quote:
I think, eventually, a lot of the integrated-economy players want all the money accounted for.
That is a vain wish. TS3 economy doesn't work without pumping lots of money into it from the outside. You could come up with something for the business/journalism company, like their business going on outside of the player's scope. Police, Fire Department and Military are funded by the government of course. But what about diner, bistro, bookstore, spa, theatre? They just can't work from the actual income they generate and you can't possibly argue that they have any other income.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Probably not gonna happen. Unless it becomes possible to have multiple households living on the same lot, there's just not that much of a point.

By what EA provides, no, as in the half-assed apartment system we see in LN. But we the players make it happen, as it always has been since the Sims 2 days, with lockable doors, and money transfer capabilities to change the funds as we see fit. The only thing missing now is to track individual money, or at least earning, account. But I see your point, or no point rather.

That would be nice, yes, but the problem is that all these sims would still be part of the same household. The game wouldn't play the other sims for you, you'd have to play them yourself.

I play hands-off anyway, not with missions, similar to ISBI. I like to see them get on their own lives. But that's just me.

I have buried the idea of an economy system. TS3 economy doesn't work without the void, i.e. the void's expenses and earnings being disconnected.

That is a vain wish. TS3 economy doesn't work without pumping lots of money into it from the outside. You could come up with something for the business/journalism company, like their business going on outside of the player's scope. Police, Fire Department and Military are funded by the government of course. But what about diner, bistro, bookstore, spa, theatre? They just can't work from the actual income they generate and you can't possibly argue that they have any other income.

You are right, it can not be done strictly. But simulatively, I think/hope so. That's what other people want/like about a tax, mortgage, and loan system too, since the Sims 2 days. People miss Inge's mortgage shrubs and landlord system, the (standalone) child support mod, the checkbook, etc. But I understand if you have lost interest in a banking mod. That happens. Interest is the only thing that keeps us all going. Cheers.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:17 PM
I don't know why, but having an bank system/slash economy is so fun to me. I think this mod would be perfect to feel that thriving community void that the Sims 3 is having. Like Buzzler said before, a lot of the money in the Sims 3 is being pumped in from absolutely nowhere. This is why it irks me that OFB was not brought into TS3. I feel like it represented the basic core of an economy: buying and selling goods. The consignment shop just doesn't cut it. It would be awesome if you could finish the mod, but with a monetary backbone just plain not available in TS3, I understand if you don't.
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
I don't know why, but having an bank system/slash economy is so fun to me. {...} It would be awesome if you could finish the mod, but with a monetary backbone just plain not available in TS3, I understand if you don't.
I still do plan to make a banking mod, not this one, but a new one. I have no plans to make an economy mod, though.

Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 5:50 PM
Is there a place this can be downloaded. This is exactly what i was looking for!
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 6:23 PM
There is no such place as this mod has never been officially released. It is now on indefinite halt.

Test Subject
#45 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 9:44 PM
Hey, are you still working on this?
Because it looks great!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 3:58 PM
Buzzler, WHERE ARE YOU?
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 11:53 PM
I want a bank!
Page 2 of 2