Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS! Screen Switcher -v1.5 21.DEC.2023-

by NickM406 Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:58 AM - Updated 29th Dec 2023 at 7:45 PM by NickM406

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Banned
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:18 AM
Oh wow I really love this. Very useful to everyone. Maybe this tool will give people new interest in custom CAS screens. This is also extremely useful to CAS screen creators!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:10 AM
Please make it Mac compatible???
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:30 AM
Cool! I was getting bored with the one i got but couldnt be bothered to search my downloads for it. I know I still gotta find it now, but that soon wont be a problem, correct?

Very cool thanks
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:09 PM
Oh cool! Very good for switching CAS screens. And thanks for adding the default screen, my backup default disappeared after I used a custom screen.

Thanks again!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:39 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:36 PM. Reason: no feature this please
Wow, this is great! Now this can make people changing the CAS screen easier rather than replacing the whole file. :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:59 PM
:dddd
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
This will be great for CAS creators who want to preview their screens without having to load the game a million times! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 9:05 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

I was just telling my daughter that there are so many really nice CAS screens but it is such a hassle to find one in my DLs to replace it with a new one! And then I find this!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:32 PM
Great ! one more tool to not mess up program files folders for the game ! I'll give this a try, because I was always bothered of needing to remove the original CAS! package to get a custom one. And that's why I never used custom CAS screens. Now I guess I can without being scared of having something messed up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeeTaisho
Please make it Mac compatible???

I promise when I start to learn how to program on a Mac, this will be my first project!

Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
...without having to load the game a million times!...

Sorry, but you actually cannot switch the file in-game. All of the files are locked by the game when it is running. I will try to make it so it can be switched in-game in a later version

And thank you everyone for all your awesome comments
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 4:43 PM
Hi NickM406,

I just wanted to thank you for this program! I pretty much stopped playing The Sims 2 soon after writing my CAS! switching program (got into MMORPGs, heh), but am now playing again. So it was a very nice surprise to find your program when I got back on here today, and that it is tested and working on Vista and Win7, which I don't have. I've updated the info on my program to point here and hopefully anyone that hasn't already switched to your program will see that. I'll be switching to your program as well.

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. Confucius

Check out my latest Sims 2 stuff at my Grafx3D blog.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zithsim
Hi NickM406,

I just wanted to thank you for this program! I pretty much stopped playing The Sims 2 soon after writing my CAS! switching program (got into MMORPGs, heh), but am now playing again. So it was a very nice surprise to find your program when I got back on here today, and that it is tested and working on Vista and Win7, which I don't have. I've updated the info on my program to point here and hopefully anyone that hasn't already switched to your program will see that. I'll be switching to your program as well.

Hello Zithsim!
Thank you so much! It's great to hear that you are getting back to Simming. I tried to contact you to ask permission to use your idea, but there were no available options. All well, I gave you original credits
Thanks again
Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
Quick question for you: How do you get the pictures of the various CAS to display in the changer so we know which one we want? I had to pull the various CAS packages out of their folders and rename them so that they would show up on the display (hopefully that doesn't borq anything!) and I made sure the included pics were in jpeg format, but they're not showing up when I click on a CAS item.

And thanks again for this wonderful program!

Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 2:45 AM
Great!!!
Now I'm getting an error message when I try to change to my custom CAS screens!

Here's an image of my error:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/...1382530jpg0.jpg

In changing the names of the packages, did I break 'em or something?

Thanks for any help...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 2:28 PM Last edited by NickM406 : 9th Jul 2010 at 2:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
...How do you get the pictures of the various CAS to display in the changer so we know which one we want?...

You must rename the images also. So, if your CAS screen FILE NAME is called "Sims.package" then the images MUST be "SimsA.package" and SimsB.package".

...getting an error message when I try to change to my custom CAS screens!

Here's an image of my error:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/...1382530jpg0.jpg

In changing the names of the packages, did I break 'em or something?

Thanks for any help...

Where did you install the program?
You must have it installed in your 'My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\' folder. Plus, you may need to create a "Downloads" folder if you do not have one yet.
Hope this helps!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 10:55 PM
OK. I now have the pictures working! Thank you!!!
And I had to create another DL folder under \The Sims 2\ which is new since I DL'ed your switcher! My original game is the Double Deluxe and when I 1st started simming (young and dumb!) I also got the store edition! What effect will this have on my game having 3 different sims folders under my \The Sims 2\ folder?

attached pic: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/...7242916jpg0.jpg

Thank you! I haven't gone into the game yet to make sure that it works, but I did get a pop-up saying that it was successful!

Again, I thank you for this mod!!! I have seen so many great CAS screens but left then alone...til now!!!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:02 PM
...My original game is the Double Deluxe and when I 1st started simming (young and dumb!) I also got the store edition! What effect will this have on my game having 3 different sims folders under my \The Sims 2\ folder?

Oh, that changes what I said earlier! It will not work if you have created a new folder. I didn't think that Double Deluxe and the Store Edition had different folders. Which one do you place your downloads in? Double Deluxe\Downloads or Store Edition\Downloads? Which ever folder you put your downloads in, the application needs to be one folder above that. (does this make sense? )
:D
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NickM406
...Which ever folder you put your downloads in, the application needs to be one folder above that. (does this make sense? )
:D

NO! ???

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:11 AM
NO! ???

Where do you put your downloads for your game?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:29 AM
In my DL folder under Double Deluxe. Since getting the pop-up saying that it was successful, I've gone into the game and had an empty CAS screen (just had the window and mirror of the original-no pictures or anything else).
I tried putting the packages in my normal DL folder (DD), but then upon trying to change the screen, I got the same error message again...???
Sorry to be such a hassle! And thank you for all your help!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:55 AM
In my DL folder under Double Deluxe. Since getting the pop-up saying that it was successful, I've gone into the game and had an empty CAS screen (just had the window and mirror of the original-no pictures or anything else).
I tried putting the packages in my normal DL folder (DD), but then upon trying to change the screen, I got the same error message again...???
Sorry to be such a hassle! And thank you for all your help!

Install the program here:
My Documents\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:39 PM
Please help

I have downloaded a problem of some sort, i downloaded your program yesterday and since then all my sims keep dying in CAS. The problem is that i downloaded quite a few things yesterday so I don't really know what is causing it and since i got a new computer i (Like an idiot) haven't been saving a backup before i install more CC. I was just wondering if you have heard of the problem happening before?
Basicly what happens is that the sim acts like it is cold, then goes stiff and falls over. they get up and do it over and over and one time when i cancelled a sim it went to the family page with a dog (Which i didn't create) running around at crazy speeds n goin nuts. If you have any suggestions please help! i cant think what the best opption would be.
Thank you for any thoughts you might have.
P.S-I have seasons but have never seen this before
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leviticusmonkey
Please help

I have downloaded a problem of some sort, i downloaded your program yesterday and since then all my sims keep dying in CAS. The problem is that i downloaded quite a few things yesterday so I don't really know what is causing it and since i got a new computer i (Like an idiot) haven't been saving a backup before i install more CC. I was just wondering if you have heard of the problem happening before?
Basicly what happens is that the sim acts like it is cold, then goes stiff and falls over. they get up and do it over and over and one time when i cancelled a sim it went to the family page with a dog (Which i didn't create) running around at crazy speeds n goin nuts. If you have any suggestions please help! i cant think what the best opption would be.
Thank you for any thoughts you might have.
P.S-I have seasons but have never seen this before

The problem you are experiencing is your CAS! screen itself, not the program. Who ever created the CAS! screen you currently have enabled, they had seasons installed. It's a common mistake with CAS! screens.
Also, the dog(s) appear because who ever created that CAS! screen also had pets installed.
Try a different CAS! screen. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
Thank you Nick!
your answer really helped! I have both seasons and pets and i created the CAS screen myself!
CAS screens are the only things i have actually created yet because the tute i found made it sound easy! I just made a new one the other day cos when I deleted some CC it changed the colours of a few things on my old one but when i made the old one i didn't have seasons yet. I guess i dont really know enough about bugs in the game to create things yet! I haven't uploaded any of my screens mostly because they have so much CC it would fill a page to give all the links to downloads but also because i don't want to break anyones games and don't know how to test CC.
Is there a way to fix or re-do the CAS without un-installing seasons? maybe i should leave CC to the experts!
Thank you again!
Page 1 of 5