Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:39 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 24th Jun 2010 at 12:55 AM.
I hope this helps:

You could also read the part on how to convert Grab screenshots to something else, then you wouldn't be stuck with a Tiff.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:44 AM
umm i looked at all and its not there. It would show up on basic help in the first place.
I really dont mean to sound rude but ugh, all this work is really tiring. Is there no other way to fix my problem?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#28 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 1:03 AM
You know what's also tiring? Asking you three times where your files are, and getting no useful answer.

Either you tell us what you're doing in your next post (and I mean *exact* paths or a screenshot – "I'm doing everything right" doesn't count), or I'm going to lock this thread. With no information, nobody will be able help you.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:01 AM
heres how it looks : (user name)----> Documents----->Electronic Arts---> Sims 3---->Mods: 4 folders [Treeag - TreasureBox.package], [readme.txt] ( the info that came with the box ) [Resource.cfg.txt] and (the folder) [Packages] Is that what you need?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#30 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexanderByte
heres how it looks : (user name)----> Documents----->Electronic Arts---> Sims 3---->Mods: 4 folders

"Packages" is supposed to be a folder, the other ones are (hopefully?) files and not folders.

Quote: Originally posted by alexanderByte
[Treeag - TreasureBox.package], [readme.txt] ( the info that came with the box ) [Resource.cfg.txt] and [Packages]

1. Rename "Resource.cfg.txt" to "Resource.cfg", otherwise the game won't read it.

2. Put "TreasureBox.package" *in* the "Packages" folder, not next to it, otherwise the game won't find it (even if could read Resource.cfg whcih right now it can't).

3. Copy and paste the contents of "Resource.cfg" so we can check whether it's the right one. (Open it in a text editor, select all, copy, close the file, paste into a post here.)

4. Next time, don't tell us you have "done everything right".

Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:16 AM
Priority 500

PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

PackedFile Packages/*.package

PackedFile Packages/*/*.package

PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package

PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Yes I did mean files, not folders ( except for [packages] ) I've moved the treasure box to [packages], made sure [Resource.cfg] was named correctly, and copied the [Resource.cfg] file.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#32 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:22 AM
Yup, that's the right one.

Does it work now?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:31 AM
No it does not I searched every thing in the sort by functions slot in buy, but it wasn't there.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#34 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:41 AM
Next step: test with a mod that's guaranteed to work in every game – I'd recommend this one: http://www.modthesims.info/d/342922

This disables the intro movie that plays when you start the game (which makes it good for testing, since you don't need to enter a neighbourhood or search anything). Please install it and let us know whether the intro movie is playing or not.

Also, please verify your game version. See the link many posts earlier .. look at the icon in your launcher.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:56 AM Last edited by alexanderByte : 24th Jun 2010 at 6:21 PM.
The Mod does not work.. I moved the downloaded folder to sims 3 folder. The folder came with its own mods folder with the resource thing in the mods folder and I moved the mod file into the packages folder.( So basically its just resource and packages folder in mods folder along with the intro mod in the packages folder ) the game version is 1.12.70.006001
In the Arena
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:51 PM
You just need the "nointro.package" file. You can ignore the rest.

Move any other .package CC or folders you have, from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/ folder, out to a temporary folder on your Desktop (or whatever the term is on a Mac) - ie cut+paste.

Ensure the "resource.cfg" file is in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/ folder.
Place the "nointro.package" file you extracted above, in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/ folder so the only contents of this folder is this single "nointro.package" file.

Delete the 4 *caches.package files in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ again if they exist.
Now, load the game ... does the video play?

<sigh...whew!>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:43 PM
unfortunately, the video still plays. I moved my other CC .package files out onto a folder on my desktop. I made sure the resource file was in the mods folder I also made sure the No intro package was in the packages folder. I had no idea what you meant by caches.packages files, so i looked through the sims 3 folder and didn't find any files named that. When that was done I started up the game, but the video played.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#38 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:27 AM
If the video plays, that means the game can't find the mod, which means that either the mod or one of the other files/folders is in the wrong place.

You keep telling us that everything is in the right place, so the only idea I have on how to move on is that you post a screenshot so we can see where you're putting your stuff.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:58 AM Last edited by alexanderByte : 25th Jun 2010 at 6:23 AM.
Edit: I have taken pictures using alternate methods.

Inside of my sims 3 folder with the mods folder
http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1108537

Inside Mods folder showing resource file and packages folder
http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1108538

Inside packages folder showing no intro file
http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1108539

please ignore the screenshots at the bottom.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#40 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 6:53 AM
Your Resource.cfg is still named Resource.cfg.txt. Rightclick > Get Info, make sure the "Hide Extension" box is unticked, and remove the ".txt".

Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM Last edited by alexanderByte : 25th Jun 2010 at 6:26 PM.
How did you see that? I had no idea! (lol)

Edit: the no intro mod works Thanks so much!!!

Edit 2: The treasure box works, but a cas slider mod i installed doesn't.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#42 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 6:38 PM
When an icon says "TXT", it's safe to assume it is a txt. It all comes down to reading what it says on your screen.

Seeing as your basic setup is working now, I'm locking this. For all issues with specific items (such as "a cas slider mod") please post in the download thread. I would recommend to read the installation instructions before you do so.

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: solved .. FAQ ftw
Page 2 of 2