Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:39 PM
I want a meteor D: I've been playing for 3 sim weeks with Ambitions and I haven't seen one

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:56 PM
I've yet to see a meteor either actually. And I have played through most of all professions now.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:17 PM
I had my first meteor to show up yesterday. My sim was in the backyard digging with the miner and suddenly I saw couple of my neighbours in the front of the house looking up to the sky and panicking. I paused the game and saw this huge shadow near the edge of the lot (not really near my sim). It left a crater and destroyed my car, leaving lots of scrap behind. The neighbour got scorched for standing too close and two firetrucks appeared with three fire fighters to stop the fire. One of them is still permanently occupying the front yard.

Could it be that if your sim stays in a same place or spot for a long time, the possibility to get hit by a meteor is higher? After that I've been very cautious about my sims' whereabouts and I try to keep them moving and doing things when they're outside. I don't want my favourites to die randomly when I'm not looking. :I

Now I'm just waiting for another one to blast that one fire fighter off my front lawn...
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WhistleRymes
Now I'm just waiting for another one to blast that one fire fighter off my front lawn...

Maybe you can put something next to it, and detonate it with an inventor? :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glnderella
Maybe you can put something next to it, and detonate it with an inventor? :D

Will have to try, lol! I'm afraid it might be a little too close to the house but I'll have to try and check that out. I'll be definitely trying to detonate his firetruck down the road though now that you gave me the idea..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 11:33 PM
Is the firefighter stuck on your lawn? Like, a glitch? I think I was having something like that earlier, but it eventually stopped.

Sometimes when the meteors land on my lot, or in public places, they don't go away. Has anyone else noticed that? There'll just be this huge rock in the way and I can't get rid of it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:23 AM
Usually I'm the one with bad luck, I've yet to see a meteor--quite honestly I need to rofl. Though I did get a kick out of this thread.
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by always_falling
Is the firefighter stuck on your lawn? Like, a glitch? I think I was having something like that earlier, but it eventually stopped.

Yeah, I think it's a glitch. No interactions at all, he just stands there. But nice you got that solved, maybe I'll just wait and see what happens if happens. It isn't that big a nuisance really.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:52 PM
I hadn't given the disasters of Ambitions much thought, but out of the blue:

Meteor attack 1 - what is that?
Meteor attcak 2 - DO NOT WANT!
Meteor attack 3 - panicking into the brick wall, even.
Meteor attack 4 - BFVFS, anyone?
Meteor attack 5 - *coughackwheeze*
Meteor attack 6 - huge rock is huge.

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Field Researcher
#35 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:13 PM
hahahaha! They're incorporating Simcity into the Sims 3 now.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
hahahaha! They're incorporating Simcity into the Sims 3 now.

Can´t wait to see Godzilla around!!!!! :D
Instructor
#37 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:41 PM
It killed my heirs manservant (husband) while he was gardening. And then when I tried to save it wouldn't save properly and I lost that entire legacy. I hate playing legacies now, if it's not the glitches it's the "features" that mess them all to hell.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marcos_Edson
Can´t wait to see Godzilla around!!!!! :D
Or flying saucers zapping buildings! X 3
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Probably a fake, there are no meteors that destroy houses. And it's always_falling's first post. Not to mention that her meteors are always falling, so she probably only registered to tell us this story.

Screenshots or it didn't happen, as Pescado would say.

He probably means destroying all the furniture. It does do that, that happened to my house countless times, and every shop in the game (which has a viewable interior) is now filled with scrap, no furniture.

Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
I've yet to see a meteor either actually. And I have played through most of all professions now.

I'd give you all my meteorites! I don't want em! All my sims keep dying, all the furniture in the shop is now scrap to! The furniture doesn't respawn either

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 6:24 PM
Look on the bright side.

There's a reason to walk around with death flowers now. Lots and lots of death flowers (I'm assuming death flowers would allow your sim to cheat death in this instance).
Forum Resident
#41 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beer76
Look on the bright side.

There's a reason to walk around with death flowers now. Lots and lots of death flowers (I'm assuming death flowers would allow your sim to cheat death in this instance).

If you keep a Death Flower in your Sim's inventory and that Sim gets killed, he/she will autonomously give it to the Grim Reaper. Then Grim will go "Oooh, pretty flower!" and resurrect the Sim. Or so I've heard. I've never had it happen myself.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Or flying saucers zapping buildings! X 3

They did? When I played SimCity long ago I only managed to see tornados and the Godzilla-like monster... But I saw flying saucers in SimCopter... Now that´s a game I´d like to see a remake... :D
Forum Resident
#43 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marcos_Edson
They did? When I played SimCity long ago I only managed to see tornados and the Godzilla-like monster... But I saw flying saucers in SimCopter... Now that´s a game I´d like to see a remake... :D

I coulda swore in SimCity 2000 that was one of the disasters. :/ Been so long since I've played though.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:47 PM
I swear I have seen zapping flying saucers as well. Don't ask me which one tho!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:37 AM
Working on a group of tunings dealing with meteors, hopefully I'll have them ready soon! Stay alive folks, help incoming!
Alchemist
#46 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
If you keep a Death Flower in your Sim's inventory and that Sim gets killed, he/she will autonomously give it to the Grim Reaper. Then Grim will go "Oooh, pretty flower!" and resurrect the Sim. Or so I've heard. I've never had it happen myself.

that is indeed how it goes. /confirmation

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siawn
Working on a group of tunings dealing with meteors, hopefully I'll have them ready soon! Stay alive folks, help incoming!

THANK YOU! I am so tired of dealing with daily meteor hits. They really suck the fun out of the game.
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:52 AM
Meteor tunings are uploaded and posted!

Flavors included for those of you who need relief AND for those of you who just want to see one (and all in between)!

Meteor Mods

Happy simming folks! (Please refer any further posts about the mods to that thread (talking to myself here!)) <resume simsmashing discussion>
Banned
#49 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:07 PM
I had my first meteor kills. It was really sad. My sim just got married, and the party was still going on. Then, wham, both my sim and his beautiful bride were wiped out.
Eminence Grise
#50 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:00 AM
Awesome! I mean, how tragic

Still waiting for my first hit. Currently using the telescope a lot but still nada
Page 2 of 3