Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 8:41 PM.
Default The “I can’t wait to be an Elder” challenge.
The “I can’t wait to be an Elder” challenge.

For most Sims the thought of becoming an elder is sad. In this challenge however its your Sims dream!
What on earth could make your Sim so desperate to enter old age you ask? The desire to stop being constantly pregnant! Thus we have the objective of our challenge!

I am aware that similar challenges exist but this differs a little. The challenge will not be playable without cheating either with boolProp or some hacked object so please be advised now!

You will create a single female adult ‘family’ Sim in CAS and then move her into any lot or home you choose (a nice large one would be better). Money cheats are welcome. Once moved into the lot your Sim MUST become pregnant straight away by either using boolProp OR a hacked object (I use the insimenator personally).

From this moment on your Sim MUST be pregnant at all times! The moment she gives birth you MUST impregnate her again until she can no longer become pregnant because old age is a couple of days away. Obviously she can never have a job. You can make the babies aliens if you wish but you may not make them plant Sims as they have totally different motives and lifespan.

So what’s the twist? Well this Sim MUST look after and raise these children all by herself! That means no Nannies or Butlers under ANY circumstances. Once a child becomes a teen they must be immediately moved to collage. If you don’t have UNI then you can kill them although this may put other Sims in your home into aspiration failure. You don’t have to physically move the Sims to college, just have them call the taxi and move out and then leave them in the Sim bin.

The reason your not allowed to have teenage Sims in the home is because they will help take care of the other children. This challenge requires your adult Sim to do this completely alone whilst being under the strain of constant pregnancy!
Once that last child ages to a teen it isn't necessary to move them to college as there are no more children left in the home.Once your Sim enters old age you can go back to the Sim bin and have her teen children move back in with her or choose to have her get married or have roommates. It’s up to you what you do from here on!

You may NOT age your Sims up when you get the notification that they will be growing up in one day. You MUST wait until they age up spontaneously. If your Sim is trying to help with a birthday and its not working (which often happens) then you can get a cake and do it manually. This also applies to the Mother Sim, she must not age up with your help but do it spontaneously on her actual bday.

RULES

- Your Sim may fall in love (if they can find the time) but may NEVER ask another Sim to move in or get married UNTIL they are an elder.
- No motive cheats or skill building cheats may be used EVER
- Maids, repairmen, and exterminators CAN be hired but Nannies and Butlers may NOT!
- Any hacks that drastically make this challenge easier should be removed.
- No cheating to unlock Smart Milk. It must be unlocked the proper way by genuine acquired aspiration points
- Elixir of Life CAN be used if you feel like you want to torture your Sim for a longer amount of time!

You wont need to worry about having any hacks to allow more then 8 Sims in your lot as all teens must move out, so normally you will always have enough room in the home for upcoming babies. As far as I k now pregnancies that come from boolProp override the 8 Sim limit anyway and your Sim can still get pregnant.

SCORING:
+20 for every life skill learned by a toddler (walking etc.)
+10 for every skill point leaned by the Mother (she won’t have too much time to learn any believe me!)
+30 for each toddler/child who ages with platinum aspiration
+20 for each toddler/child who ages with gold aspiration
+ 30 for the FIRST TIME a Sim child gets an A+ report card
+ 50 for each child that ages into a teen

-30 each time the mother passes out
- 20 each time the mother has bladder failure
- 50 Each time the Sim Shrink shows up (from aspiration failure)
-15 each time a toddler falls asleep on the floor
-20 each time a toddler/child’s aspiration falls in the red
- 30 every time a D report card is acquired

If the social worker should ever show up then you lose the challenge! You win as soon as your Sim mother dies whilst being an elder, either from old age or disaster (i.e electrocution)

TIPS

Try to gain enough aspiration points to unlock the 'energizer' object! This will be your Sims best friend. Family Sims often want to have babies so you should get plenty of aspiration points from having them.

If you have the Pets EP then it will help you to place some pet bowls and beds around the home for your toddlers. If your mother Sim is too tired or needy to feed or put her toddlers to sleep then they can eat from the pet bowls and put themselves to bed in the pet beds. Sick I know but it can help!

If you’re not into the whole ‘toddlers eating pet food’ idea then have your Sim get a few bottles from the fridge and place them on the floor. Then straight away put them all into someone’s inventory. That way if your toddler needs food whilst the mother is busy you can quickly get a bottle from the inventory and place it on the floor.

Use the first day in the home (before pregnancy kicks in) to study as much cooking as you can, your pregnant Sim will constantly be hungry and need as many good meals as possible. Try and have your mother Sim sleep whenever her toddlers are sleeping and worry about her other motives later.

If any of you do decide to take up this challenge then I would love to see pics! I have played this myself and it was hard but challenging and fun! Enjoy :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 12:46 AM
Toddlers get Fun from eating pet food too...but their Hygiene drops.

Should be called the "I wish I lived in China" challenge! LOL
Inventor
#3 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
[CENTER][B] You win as soon as your Sim mother dies whilst being an elder, either from old age or disaster (i.e electrocution)

Do you lose points if your sim mother decides to put her head in a gas oven?

I was heading for the valium cupboard just reading this challenge. hehe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I was heading for the valium cupboard just reading this challenge. hehe

LOL! yes as i said i have played this challenge and at one point my sim was fatigued and starving and i was worried she might die! my God it was a stressful challenge, and she hasnt become an elder yet, just 4 more days i think...im sure she cant wait!
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:33 PM
I tried somethign similar once, but not for that long. I made a female sim in Cas. Used a cheat to set her fundings to 2500 instead of 20k. Moved her in to the trailer pack. After paying the first rent and buying a bed and I think one chair and a phone I was mroe or less out of money. (the apartment supplies you with a full kitchen and bedroom). Then I gave myself 24 houers to find a guy, and get him to make my sims pregnant. I managed to go to work once, before my boss discovered I was pregnant. When the baby was born it took less than 24 houers again until I was prregnant. The guy did not move in, neither did he pay any child support, he did babysit once while my sim went to work after the second child was born though.

Beeing pregnant and takeing care of a baby is HARD. Not to mention I had to worry about money. 2 sets of cribs + I also had to buy the diaper changer since there was no bathtub to wash the toddlers in. Then regular beds when they turned kids.
If I remeber correctly the hardest part was to take care of a baby while beeing pregnant. Do remeber I had a cheap bed, no good sofa, no good TV to boost my fun and no good shower, so keeping my motives up was alot harder than it would be here, though she will be stuck with 2 babies/toddler + pregnant while I only had either 2 babies/toddlers or 1 baby + pregnant.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:51 AM
hilarious! As a mother of four children under 5, I feel the mother sims pain...I just have to give this one a go!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:09 AM
LOL sounds hilarious, I'll have a go at this sometime...

"Did I not just use the word 'puzzling'?"
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:58 AM
Noooo, Godfrey, Noah and Gabriel were all carted away by social services I was doing fine then I had a long phonecall, thought i had paused the game and I hadnt, come back an hour and half later and they were gone! I was really getting into it too. I think I will delete previous posts and try this one again...but its a good note for any other challengers...you have to be on the ball at all times with this one!
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:50 AM Last edited by kaylaluvzmusic : 7th Jun 2010 at 4:45 AM.
sounds like a blast! in one neighborhood i have a family with about five generations and only recently did i let the "founding parents" become elders.
i have about five elders in my neighborhood of 30+.
i have to try this challenge out. my neighborhood needs more elders. :P

**UPDATE**
i have been HOOKED on this challenge! Gracie Loosey, reference to "loosey goosey", is about to give birth to her SIXTH child. when i made Gracie, i made her mom so the kids would have a grandma. but as soon as i moved them in the house i moved the grandma, Luci, out. she has her own home and that's where the teens move when they, well, become teens. (i hope that's allowed. i don't have UNI and i couldn't bare to intentionally killing teens)
i've been taking pictures and i plan to upload the story on the sims2 website.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:15 AM
Had to try this. My sim had her first child (I used the Sim Blender) and immediately became pregnant again. She actually got a job, that lasted one day, but it gave her some aspiration points. Since money isn't a problem baby #1 isn't a problem... we'll see how long that lasts!
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:36 AM Last edited by ramblinghaggis : 5th Jun 2010 at 10:00 AM.
Right I am going to attempt this again later today now its the weekend and i have a bit more time! Its not so bad until she has 1 child, 2 toddlers and a baby :O I still need to know if them sleeping in the pet bed is scored as sleeping on the floor though!

Oh and another tip...dont use a multistorey house, I got so mad at my sim for constantly putting the toddlers upstairs and basically had to funish the upstairs with cooker etc because I lost so much time getting her to move them back down.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:29 PM
Here is my soon-to-be-mother Sim (she just got pregnant and is now studying cooking ;D)

And her home, which is already set up for many, many kids...

Oh, and she's pregnant with a ninja currently XD This will be interesting
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:47 PM
Oh boy, this challenge is a tough one. Gabrielle Octavian (her name was inspired by the octuplet mom who 'just loves kids' and has about 14 if I remember correctly) was hanging in there until she had her 3rd child - which ended up being her 3rd, 4th and 5th! Yep, triplets. Thought about re-doing the birth, but figured I'd let nature take it's course. She's up to 6 now and pregnant with number 7. Finally got the energizer and it is wonderful! I've kind of ignored it before but can really see the value now!
Inventor
#14 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM
Well done everyone else for being brave enough to try this challenge!

I think I'm gonna create a new neighbourhood just for challenges, I've been a bit complacent with my game lately, must shake things up a bit (but don't want to do it in my established hood - dread to think what would happen!)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 6th Jun 2010 at 10:27 PM.
I just started this challenge, so far she has a child, a toddler and a baby..... Not too bad so far, but it's getting trickier! :-) I hardly ever have families with more than two children, or if I do I spread them out so that the woman is never pregnant and looking after a toddler, so this is certainly different!

**UPDATE** Two children, a toddler, a baby, and pregnant with #5! The Energizer is wonderful! I'd never used it before.... Smart Milk is awesome too. So far the three eldest all got Potty Trained and learned to walk and talk. And Mummy has 15 skill points, mainly in cooking :-) Only bad thing is that she's passed out once..... I'm really enjoying this challenge! :-D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ramblinghaggis
I still need to know if them sleeping in the pet bed is scored as sleeping on the floor though!

No thats fine, i even suggested that in the tips area....sleeping on the floor literally means they pass out on the floor from exhaustion! Im glad ur enjoying the challenge...its a bummer that your first attempt failed coz u were on the phone! lol
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:25 PM
Thanks for the reply! Second time round, things are going much smoother, Bay Bee Boomer has three children at the moment, Nathaniel, Gabriel and Clarissa, expecting her fourth. She actually has a locked want to have 10 children, fits in nicely. Am enjoying this challenge much more second time round, must get some pictures.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:54 PM
i finished the challenge!! :D
well, she didn't die, but i have a thing against killing off my sims.
i got my sim to become an elder and the oldest child in the house is a teen now.

i uploaded my sims story here:http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=282981
i hope you enjoy the pictures and i had a lot of fun doing this challenge.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylaluvzmusic
i uploaded my sims story here:http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=282981

Its awesome that you finished the challenge and its even cooler that you documented it into a story...but your story isnt in order...i visited the link and it seems that the story is in reverse order...maybe you forgot to change the order of the pics before you uploaded.....either way congrats on finishing! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:08 AM
Not bad... but your story uploaded in reverse. I had to go to the end to start reading.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:59 AM
My first attempt ended in terrible failure! I gave the woman §1,000,000 so I could build her a lovely house, and used Sim blender to get her pregnant, thanks to a mod I have she gave birth to twins. At first everything was fine, then she wouldn't go to bed, or eat, or take a shower, she kept wee-ing on the floor, then whining about it instead of going to the shower. Four times she took food from the fridge but left it on the counter, she'd go to bed, but get straight back out again (both babies were sound asleep!)
the babies grew into toddlers, and the [pregnant] mother still wouldn't eat or sleep, or shower. For the umpteenth time she fell asleep on the floor, next thing the grim reaper was there...

I'm going to try again!

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylaluvzmusic

well done!! Great to see it can be done

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lobelia Overhill
well done!! Great to see it can be done

It certainly can! i did it twice! its weird how ur sim wouldn't eat or sleep....was it a glitch?
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:26 AM Last edited by kaylaluvzmusic : 13th Jun 2010 at 8:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
Its awesome that you finished the challenge and its even cooler that you documented it into a story...but your story isnt in order...i visited the link and it seems that the story is in reverse order...maybe you forgot to change the order of the pics before you uploaded.....either way congrats on finishing! :lovestruc

whoops. haha. i see it is backwards. that was my first story ever uploading on the site. i didn't realize it would be backwards. :P
well now it took a good half hour, but i reuploaded it and now it should be in the correct order. here's the link to the correct order:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...user_id=7659818
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:04 AM
yep, no wits in order! wasnt that a pain in the butt!! lol
Page 1 of 3