Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 3:04 AM
Post-Apocalypse World In Progress
Today as I was searching the web, I found a post-Apocalypse building and I knew at that moment "I'm going to make a Post-Apocalypse world."

So, thanks to my last thread, I been ("for the past 1 minute") thinking of a design on how to build this world. I been think on a few designs.

1.) I'm thinking about a mountainess world where the buildings are like outposts.

2.) My second design is a small farm town that was destoryed due to the fact the goverment killed off many sims that were rebelling.

3.) A large island that started as a beautiful tropical island, but then ended up as a post-apocalypse world.

So, what do you think?

I like to thank DaveyDaVinci for the idea. Heres where the idea came from: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396221
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:11 AM
I would like option 1, but what about a city? Destroyed by infected. :P
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd May 2010 at 1:03 PM
Okay, I know this topic hasn't had a reply for a while, but still, I love the idea of a post-apocalyptic world and I'd like to chip in a little.

I like the sound of the second option, and if you haven't already made your decision, I think you should go with that one. You could also consider an alien attack.

Here are a few ideas to make your post-apocalyptic town a little more immersive:
- Have a bunch of ghosts in town, who died of fire or starvation.
- Have some "community lots" which consist of destroyed houses and other buildings. Put goodies in them, like food, seeds and gemstones, in order to encourage players to send their sims out to raid. Alternatively, you could have them stay as residential lots with some "raiders" (as in Fallout 3, with personality traits like mean spirited, pyromaniac, kleptomaniac, hot headed and evil) inhabiting them, and encourage players to use a mod like Dexter the Bear or TS3 Magic in order to kill off the raiders and move into the lots/convert them into community lots.
- If you're not already aware of this site, try using some of the CC on it, it has tons of stuff that would be perfect for post-apocalyptic lots: http://skeletalscreams.blogspot.com/
- If you have it, make the frequent use of the tomb objects from WA, like the rubble piles and traps. Some actual tombs wouldn't be a bad idea, either, if you have the skill and the patience.

Please call me Gale.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2010 at 10:40 PM
I would love to see a kind of downtown with abandoned and damages buildings, lots of concrete, very few green, no lush lawns... I never searched thouroughly, but I wonder if there is a kind of city already made with CAW that doesn't look like a park with a few buildings in it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2010 at 8:07 AM
I still haven't decided. Anyone have more ideas?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th May 2010 at 6:43 PM
I like the island idea, but I would do it like "the last outpost" of Simkind. Maybe a former military base and with a secret science lab somewhere on the ocean ... Just on one side of the island, this could even be still intact (at least partly), the other side can be rundown, with camping lots like a refugee camp. Something like this. I would love a post-apocalypse-world - but I'm not really able to do my own. Nevertheless, I would love to help you with some ideas and/or family histories.
I hope you're still up to the idea
P.S.: I hope you understood everything - English is not my mothertongue ...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2010 at 8:26 PM
hmm... I agree with Sandranym, but at the same time with Lindley1230
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th May 2010 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Sandranym : 17th May 2010 at 5:55 PM.
Maybe you could try to combine it (it's not that I MUST see my idea realized but since you seem to like both ...). Make a big map with the former city and put the things there which Lindley1230 suggested (I think the ideas are very nice as well, especially the Do-Raids-Things) and then make a smaller island far away from the big city and put the things I suggested there. Just an idea :-)
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th May 2010 at 9:35 AM
Is it possible to make like, a zombie sim with the option of eating other sims? That would be cool =) I could get into making a destroyed raccoon city and putting a sim on an adventure to survive lol. May have inspired me to make my own destructed city after I'm done with my mountain valley world I've been playing with =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th May 2010 at 1:26 PM
@heatherbearx maybe. I don't know though.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th May 2010 at 2:07 PM
Death fish and roaches galore! Only one kind of seed/plant to harvest, because all the other crops failed. Buildings with no roofs. No roads? No rabbitholes? AwesomeMod has this great function where you can build on community lots from play mode, using the active family's funds. That way the playing family has to rebuild the whole town, it's like a proper apocalypse. And I definitely second whoever said lots of ghosts.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:12 PM
if you have world adventures then i think it would be great to make a series of tombs etc under a town ..... so like you have a main town that is destroyed and then outpost scattered around.... but give it a secret or something... a storyline of how it got that way .. i think that would really interest people into wanting it .... just a suggestion dude but hope you like it
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st May 2010 at 6:54 AM
Maybe in the tomb have a little cult or some survivers. Have A bunch of mummies prowling the surface. And Maybe Have a mummy reskin to make them look like zombies or something
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:02 AM
this idea pcdpresident, this world just screams storyline to me you could have sooo much fun making this world, well you could if the latest patch didnt kill create a world lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:05 AM
nice* sorry daft typo there lol
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:12 AM
A city would be cool or an area with mist. A large mummy apocalypse would do as well. Mummies all around on plots with foods etc which try to kill your sims.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 10:21 PM
Thank you all. The nieghborhood is starting construcion.

-*Lost in the middle of nowhere, many sims who had rebaled againest the cities where forced onto a island, far away from civ. Now, they stuggle to makes ends meet. While you're stuck on Hollow's Bastions, you lose your mind and your friendship.*-

Yes I know where I got the name. No making fun of it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 2:52 AM
Can't wait for this, wanted a post apocalyptic world for a while now I'm just not very good with the world creator =S
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:16 PM
Default World
I really like the Idea and I think you should do Lindley1230 AND Sandranym's idea
okay just hear me out you could do like a huge military wall halfway through the city and one side has military and hospitals and stuff when the other side is rundown and could have some burned down buildings and some stuff could be hidden in rubble or old destroyed buildings and some people could be hiding out there and raiders is clever It's up to you though but I saw on youtube a world that had a huge crator in the midde and im trying to find it again but I can't if any of ye can help wme It would be appreciated.
Good luck dude!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:46 PM
I'd love to see a burned out, either infected or warring city like in Fallout 3. Maybe make the suburbs the "fertile ground" where crops can be grown & harvested, but within city limits only a very select few, if any crops can be harvested (trees only?).
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 12:44 AM
I totally think there should be a city
Field Researcher
#22 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 6:33 AM
refreshing this old thread to see if anything ever came of it - if anyone took the idea and ran with it?

My hubby has been promising me an alien planet world - where my sims live in domes and travel between them via subways - but now he's busy playing Fallout New Vegas, so I've started begging for a post apocalyptic world instead... I may end up loading up CAW tool myself and giving it a shot. I'm not a very good builder, much better at landscaping, recoloring, decorating, etc. An alien environment (rocky, barren of grass, trees, etc, would make a good start for a post apocalyptic... anyone still interested in this? I downloaded some great 'grungy' textures here from DaveydaVinci's custom textures / apocalypse lots:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396221&c=1

Davey would be the perfect creator for a world - his lots are good!

Just curious if this idea ever sparked?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 12:57 PM
Well, we'd be interested to see what you come up with, Envie42! Please post some pictures when you begin, we'd like to see them!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:17 PM
I was thinking, maybe turn Riverview into a post-apocalypse world. For some reason, Riverview has always seemed like the perfect "template" for a post-apocalypse world.

--
Eduardog3000
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:50 AM
Yes. I started a few month ago to give Riverview an apocalyptic overhaul.
If you replace the the gras terrain with a gashed terrain, you will get the typical look of a waste land.

You can delete the default roads and replace them with darker textures.

I used a filter from FilterForge. You can download a trialversion, but I can upload some of my .dds files, if wanted. Or my whole world as CAW files.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2