Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd May 2010 at 9:56 PM
Default Nine and Arkin- Hold
Arkin didn't hear any more arguments from the others, so he figured they were doing something productive. Or they were being quiet, which was more than enough to help with his aching head. It was quite strange, Saverians, even several generations removed ones like him, tended to need a lot to get them to feel ill.

So the only logical conclusions were that there was something different over there where Almidi had woken up, some chemical that was closely related to the few that his species couldn't handle, or there was a great deal more of the original gas. He suspected the latter, most of the chemicals that could knock out Saverians exploded on contact with oxygen.

He glided past the few gurneys that still had unconscious people, he'd given Nine the rest of his supplies, and, for the most part, the people here were young enough to probably not be badly damaged by inhaling too much of the compound. He hoped so at least, recognizing, on a purely intellectual level, that he wasn't thinking clearly. Finally he got to the opposite wall of the hold from where he'd woken up, and where he could even see a slight yellowish tinge on the walls, hopefully residue from the gas and not a hallucination.

He followed the residue with his eyes, it was thicker in some places, all leading right along the wall to... He took a few steps along the slowly thickening path, and then stumbled. He unselfconsciously pulled his shirt over his nose and mouth, not embarassed that he was starting to succumb to whatever was over here. He heard Nine's silvery voice echo loudly through the hold, "Arkin, are you sure you are alright? I would be awfully lost without you." He didn't turn, just waved vaguely in her general direction. He suspected he'd be done in a second, and he would never order anyone else to do this.

Finally he found it, where the residue was nearly a third of a finger joint deep. A ventilation shaft, which was too small for him, but someone else could get through. A small smile wreathed his features, there was a way out of here, they could get out of whatever nastiness was planned. He cautiously lowered his shirt off his face and found he could barely breathe. So they had a way out for someone who was more immune to the gas's effects than he was. Darnit.

He turned around to find one of the higher-ups and make his report and walked quickly towards where the air was much clearer. A mere fifteen or twenty paces was enough to almost completely clear his head, and he glanced wistfully at the antidote that Nine was still administering, but decided against a second dose. There were plenty of nasty things in there, and the combination was, unfortunately, untested.

He flagged down a cadet that looked to be in desperate need of something to do, and told him to go tell the higher-ups that there was a ventilation shaft through which they could escape. The cadet informed him about a disabled transporter, and a locked door, and Arkin nodded perfunctorily.

He walked over to Nine and stood, hopefully out of her range of sight for a moment, before walking up and silently taking some of the remaining antidote and giving it to the crew member on the gurney nearest where she was. He quickly surveyed the slowly wakening people and told her sincerely, "Excellent work."

((OOC: Hope that was okay with you Zela?
And for people's reference, your characters have no way of knowing what a safe time or a danger time is, and in broader gameplay terms, it just means that there is a higher probability that your actions have negative consequences before the change in situation.))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:38 AM
Default Almidi with Zulu
Zulu. And as its already been stated, I'm part, as humans put it, rodent."

Almidi was slightly perplexed by Zulu’s description of herself. She couldn’t understand why someone would refer to themselves as “part” of the type of animal they had evolved from if it brought forth such anger. She felt that it would be similar to describing herself as part bird, or a human saying they were part ape, and she knew that neither of those were likely to happen.

Though she was curious, she doubted that questions would be welcome and knew that it wasn’t the time for them anyway; a fact that was further punctuated by Zulu’s curt, "Lets just get this over with."

Almidi gave a heavy sigh as she watched her data pad being taken apart. She understood and accepted the necessity of it, but she couldn’t help but regret the loss of information. “How may I be of assistance?” she asked in a resigned voice.

I’m not weird…
I’m slightly unusual by societal standards.
Test Subject
#53 Old 24th May 2010 at 10:48 AM
Default Kisara and Magda
Kisara was a little lost. What to do next? Getting out semed to be more problematic than she had hoped.
Breaking the door would be hard and certainly would alarm, who ever was keeping them captive.

Kisara turned to Magda to ask if she had enny ideas, as someone called across the room: "Sir!"
Kisara turned and saw a young man comming towards them. She recognized him as a new cadet - this had been his first trip aboard the Edelfrak. But he didn't seem to shoked by the siduation.
"Sir, permission to speak?" "Go ahead." Kisara said firmly. "Sir, the Chief Medic have some impordant information. He wants you to come quikly." "Arkin..!" Kisara couldn't hide a little smile. Ofcours he was buissy getting new info. She didn't like him as a person, but he was a good officer.
"Sir..?" Kisara was dragged out of her thoughts. "Oh..." She cleared her throat "Dismissed!" The cadet looked a little confused as he turned away.

Kisara again turned to Magda "If he has new information, I would like you to come as well, it must be impordant!"
Field Researcher
#54 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:11 PM
“How may I be of assistance?”

Zulu glanced up to show she was actually listening. "You could really help me out by not speaking at this moment" Zulu said quickly, taking a small laser like objects out of her pocket. She cut a few wires, wincing as the data pad gave out electronic shocks. Quickly she fused different wires to together. Quickly sticking the data pad back together and fusing the two pieces together with the small laser, she quickly tapped a few buttons. "C***..." Zulu muttered, the screen simply flickering. Quickly she broke it in two again, and fused different wires together quickly. Putting it all back together again, not fusing it this time, Zulu tapped a few more buttons. Frowning, she opened it up again, and then took a whole wire out. "There" She said brightly. She'd fused it all together again, and the screen had actually flickered to life. Small green dots appeared on the screen. The screen flicked often, some times blacking out. "It'll have to do. It isn't perfect, but you'll be able to detect life, well, before the energy capsule runs out." Zulu said, triumphantly handing Almidi her data pad.

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Inventor
#55 Old 24th May 2010 at 6:22 PM
((OCC:Sorry for the wait for my post. It should be up by tomorrow; Wednesday at the latest. I've been swamped with work. Sorry.))

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#56 Old 24th May 2010 at 8:11 PM
((OOC: I'm really sorry, but I think I'm going to bow out of this RP. I can't keep up and I have things on my mind that are keeping me from writing anything, let alone focussing on this RP. Sorry for letting you down Panda and everyone else, too.))
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th May 2010 at 2:48 AM
Default Magda with Kisara
Magda was feeling uneasy; most of the crew and the ambassadors were crowding around the door. She decided to put a few guards by the door. "Don't let anyone get too close to the door. Who knows what might happen when our captors come back." She turned around and walked towards Kisara, all the while thinking that if someone did come in through those doors violently, those guards would be the first targets.

She arrived at Kisara's side. Kisara seemed like she was about to say something, but instead....
"Sir!"
It was a young cadet, new to the crew. Magda looked away from him as he neared. She couldn't stand the thought of these young cadets losing their lives if things turned out for the worse.

"Sir, permission to speak?"
"Go ahead." Kisara said firmly.
"Sir, the Chief Medic has some important information. He wants you to come quickly."
"Sir..?"
"Oh...Dismissed!"

Magda stared at the cadet as he walked away, but turned back to face Kisara as she started to speak again.

"If he has new information, I would like you to come as well, it must be important!"
"Yes, of course," Magda replied and tried to push all thoughts of concern away. After all, everyone knew what they had signed up for and she had been in other dangerous situations before and came out fine. But no matter what she tried, she couldn't shake this feeling of sadness away...and for some reason, thoughts of her fiancee kept creeping up on her.

"Get a hold of yourself, girl," she said to herself as she followed Kisara towards Arkin.

((OOC: Sorry I haven't written. I am having trouble coming up with anything and interacting with other characters. Even this isn't very good, so if I can't get any better, I might leave too, but I'll do it in a way that goes along with the story. For now, let me know if this was ok or any other suggestions. thanks!))
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th May 2010 at 9:06 PM
((OOC: I'm going to wait for Zela to post before I put up my post, if any of you were waiting for mine, feel free to have your characters walk and talk a little if you'd like. I'm on vacation til the second, so expect a post from me then either way.

kiwisun- I would highly recommend forming a storyline with other players. In my experience, having characters meet each other, or deal with each other in an ambivalent, business like way is dull to RP and hard to interact with them. But if you work out with the other people that their character and your character were in school together and lost a freindship over a love interest or ideological conflict, it adds a new depth to both characters that is very entertaining to explore. And your posts are fine, really, you haven't GMed, you can string together a coherent English sentence, and what story there is is advanced by your posts. What more could one ask of an RP post?))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:36 AM
Default Almidi with Zulu in the Hold
“You could really help by not speaking at this moment.” Zulu’s blunt response caught Almidi off guard, so she quietly muttered an apology as Zulu turned her attention back to the data pad.

As Zulu worked, Almidi began to mull over the information that had been on the data pad. If the ship and that asteroid field have the same material composition, then they are obviously using the asteroid field to conceal themselves. The question then becomes are they confined to this region of space, or are they able to move the asteroid field with them? That thought caused her to pause as she marveled at the logistics that would be involved with such a feat.

Almidi, thank goodness you’re ok!” Turning toward the voice, she saw Cera, one of her friends, approaching so she indicated for her to keep her voice down so they wouldn’t distract Zulu. After briefly discussing the battle, Almidi explained what was being done with her data pad, and Cera explained about the discoveries of the door, tunnel, and transporter. After that, Cera promised to check back with Almidi later, and went to search for another friend.

"There, it'll have to do. It isn't perfect, but you'll be able to detect life, well, before the energy capsule runs out." Zulu said, triumphantly handing Almidi her data pad.

“Thank you,” Almidi said, and then motioning in the direction of the locked door, she continued, “I think this would be most useful to those guarding the door. Since this ship is eight times larger than the Edelfrak, we could easily be outnumbered eight to one. This is perfect to deprive them of the element of surprise.”

“The ventilation tunnel which piped in the gas is along that wall,” she said as waved her hand to the area they had recently left. “However, since the gas affected every crew member, I do not know if the tunnel could be a viable means of escape. A disabled transporter has been located as well…” She paused for a moment to consider some options, and then said, “I do not mean to doubt your skill, but with the lack of tools and equipment, do you think it possible to repair the transporter? If it is possible to repair it, would we have enough control to be able to safely beam out? Depending upon where we are on this ship– Zmeg!”

A sudden thought hit her like a bolt, and turning quickly, her eyes scanned the wall opposite of the door. “What if we are in an exterior hold?” She gave a shudder at the thought of everyone being swept out into the vacuum of space, and turned back to Zulu. “We need to get out of here…by whatever means possible.”
((OOC – kiwisun, I agree with FurryPanda, your posts are fine. If you’re open to a friendly suggestion, I’d say stick with us a little longer. The beginnings of RPs often seem to be awkward as everyone is trying to get a feel not only for their own characters but the other players’ characters as well.

refox and I haven’t planned anything with where our characters are going, so I’d say we’re approachable. If you’d like, feel free to have Magda overhear some, or all, of Almidi’s ramblings, and join in with her reaction…))

I’m not weird…
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:04 AM
Kisara's mind started wandering as she walked across the hold. What new info was awaiting them? Maybe Arkin had found a way out! She looked around on all the people in the hold. She knew most of them. Diplomats, Soldiers, Technicians... As the commander she felt a strong responsibility for all of them. She glanced to Magda who was walking by her side. A strong person, a good friend.
Magda was engaged, Kisara had met her fiance ones. A good man, for an earthling. She wanted to say something to Magda but she didn't know what.

They had reached the end of the hold were Arkin was waiting. Kisara took a deep breath, then said: "You have impordant information - Report!" It was a little stif, but not impolite. She looked Arkin in the eyes and awaited hes answer.

She had to look up to meet his gaze - she hadet that!

((Kiwisun: i really hope that you will find insperation and stay in the RP - i like your character and would be sorry to se you go!! ))

Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have wings?
Inventor
#61 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:20 AM
"Excellent work."

Nine looked up, at Arkin with a grin on her face.
"Thanks. If you ever need any help... well, feel free to ask me. It wouldn't be a problem. Well, not for me." She didn't want Arkin to get the wrong impression. She didn't want to get in the way or be a nuisance. She did, however, enjoy helping out. Espiecially in the company of Arkin, who was an amazing doctor. "Any news of a means out this place? I noticed people are becoming more active around here. Have they discovered something?"
Nine didn't want to bombard Arkin with questions, but really wanted to stay in the loop of what was going on. If she could be help at all, then maybe she should go report to Magda. If not, then maybe she could continue to assist Arkin.

((OCC: Sorry it's short. ))

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#62 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:34 PM
“Thank you,”
“I think this would be most useful to those guarding the door. Since this ship is eight times larger than the Edelfrak, we could easily be outnumbered eight to one. This is perfect to deprive them of the element of surprise.”
“The ventilation tunnel which piped in the gas is along that wall,”
“However, since the gas affected every crew member, I do not know if the tunnel could be a viable means of escape. A disabled transporter has been located as well…”
“I do not mean to doubt your skill, but with the lack of tools and equipment, do you think it possible to repair the transporter? If it is possible to repair it, would we have enough control to be able to safely beam out? Depending upon where we are on this ship– Zmeg!”
“What if we are in an exterior hold?”
“We need to get out of here…by whatever means possible.”

Zulu had been listen with interest to Almidi's opinions, but she frowned at this. "I don't think we are. Why would you put ventilation systems in a air lock? But I have to agree, the sooner we get out of here, the sooner I can kill who ever beamed us aboard." Zulu said, her tail swishing angrily. "I'm going to check out the Transporter room" the rat woman said, quickly standing up and disappearing.

Zulu pushed her way towards the transporter door, and frowned at it. Didn't look like any one did really any thing to it. "Will you move" Zulu snapped at a ambassador, before turning towards the door, and kicked the glass. "Juna's grave!" She screeched, holding her now bleeding foot. The glass on the door was badly cracked, but compared, she'd done more to her foot then the door.

((kiwisun I can understand who it's frustrating to keep up, etc etc, but please stay! Your posts are fine! I've actually seen much worse!))

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:41 AM
Default Nine and Arkin and Kisara- Hold
Nine's reaction did a lot to make him feel better about the whole situation. Even if the only respect he was getting in this situation was from an underling of the lowest order, and a female, whom he expected most of the time couldn't get past his appearance, at times like these, he would take what he could get.

"Thanks. If you ever need any help... well, feel free to ask me." He grinned, both in response to her own little smile and the fact that she should know him well enough that he would ask if he needed anything. "It wouldn't be a problem. Well, not for me."

He was about to reassure her that he would keep that in mind, that he appreciated it, when she asked, "Any news of a means out this place?" His grin widened imperceptibly into an actual smile, which probably wasn't appropriate given the circumstances. He'd always felt slightly fatherly towards Nine and couldn't resist a tiny spark of pride that she had noticed his finding something over in the heavier area. "I noticed people are becoming more active around here. Have they discovered something?"

Or that she'd noticed something that he hadn't? In a different situation, he'd be slightly embarassed to have been outclassed by an underling. But now wasn't the time for prideful games like that, especially when whatever resources he could devote to such things would likely be consumed by the approaching Kisara.

Or maybe she was actually going to focus on doing her job. "You have impordant information - Report!" The thought made him wonder if he was going to start panicking the moment it seemed safe to do so. He didn't feel like it now, and he rather hoped not, he'd never live it down, but if that was what was motivating Kisara, coupled with her usual dislike, it did explain some things.

"There's a ventilation shaft leading out of here, though there's still lots of residue from the knockout gas. The tunnel is big enough for someone to get through, no problem, but there's definitely enough gas there to knock someone without equipment out." He broke eye contact and glanced over at the flurry of activity near the transporter someone else had found.

"I would say the ventilation shaft isn't really viable, though it probably would be least likely to alert our captors." he concluded, his voice trailing off as he glanced at Nine hoping that he could brief her on the rest of the situation later, and that she wouldn't mind the delay. He really shouldn't care, it was the correct protocol to deal with his commanding officer first, but it didn't feel completely right.

((OOC: Sorry for the wait, hope it was okay with all involved))

Test Subject
#64 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM
Default Almidi... All over the place ;)
"I don't think we are. Why would you put ventilation systems in a air lock? But I have to agree, the sooner we get out of here, the sooner I can kill who ever beamed us aboard." Zulu said, her tail swishing angrily. "I'm going to check out the Transporter room" the rat woman said, quickly standing up and disappearing.

Almidi’s concerns weren’t relieved by Zulu’s response. They had no way of knowing if they were in a cargo hold that would be loaded and unloaded using transporters only, or if they were a cargo bay that had an opening to allow smaller ships to dock. She felt certain that a ship this size must certainly have at least one such bay, and that thought gave her a small glimmer of hope.

In her mind, it wouldn’t make sense to hijack a ship’s crew and not search the ship, which meant that the Edelfrak was most probably in one of this ship’s cargo bays. All we have to do, she thought as she made her way to the door, is escape this hold, evade our captors, find the Edelfrak, figure out how to get it off this ship, and get away…without being destroyed or beamed back into the hold… “Simple,” she muttered sarcastically as her spirits dropped again. “Zmeg.”

Once at the door, Almidi was initially told to stay back, but then she explained that she had a scanner and was allowed to approach. Standing next to the door, she was a little puzzled to see that the scanner showed no life on the outside of the hold. Adjusting the controls, she was able to expand the field to about a 15 foot radius, and it still revealed no life forms on the other side of the door.

Almidi and a guard then proceeded to walk about 15 feet along the wall on each side of the door, and still nothing blipped on the screen. She was slightly surprised by the lack of a guard at the door, but then she figured that their captors must have believed them to be bound and unconscious, so a guard would have seemed unnecessary.

Leaving the scanner with the guard, she went to report the findings to Kisara. She found the Commander with Arkin, Magda and Nine. “Definitely enough gas there to knock someone without equipment out,” Arkin was saying as she approached. “I would say the ventilation shaft isn't really viable, though it probably would be least likely to alert our captors."

Almidi was a little apprehensive about barging in on their conversation without permission, but she knew that in order to make an informed decision, Kisara would need all available information. “Pardon me for interrupting Sir, but I have a report,” she started tentatively, “The data pad was modified to scan for life signs, and it indicates that there are no guards posted outside this hold.”

“If I may… the lack of guards could imply that they are not paying too close attention to us. If the transporter is able to be repaired, we may be able to beam one person to just outside the hold, and that person could then open the door. I admit that using the transporter or opening the door may alert our captors, as has Arkin said, but the fact that no one is nearby may buy us some time…”
_____
((OOC - I hope no one minds her barging in on the conversation... If anything needs altering, just let me know.
By the by, "Zmeg" is the Kinthran equivalent of s**t. ))

I’m not weird…
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:29 AM
Kisara Watched Arkin closely as he delivered a report that was very disappointing.

"I would say the ventilation shaft isn't really viable, though it probably would be least likely to alert our captors."
Kisara was about to answer when Almidi showed up.
“Pardon me for interrupting Sir, but I have a report,” - New info... Hopefully better that what Arkin had found.
Kisara stood by and listened as Almidi explaned her plan. It was envolved with a big risk, but sins the ventilation-shaft had been ruled out, it semed like their best shoot.

"Thank you," Kisara started out, as she quikly whent through all the details, in her head. "Using the transporter on such confined space is problematic though... But i guess there is no safer way." Kisara looked at Arkin even though she hadet the thought, she would be needing hes assistans. Hes brain was fast and he was respected by the crew.

"Arkin, will you go chech on people at the door. Try clering some space - and make sure that the civillians are calm." She made eye contacte with him. This wasn't the time to be defiant of her authority, and she hoped that he was aware of that.

Kisara then turned to Almidi "Will you escort me to the transporter, i'm sure you'r knowledge will be of great help to me."
"And Magda please help Arkin." She said as she met her eyes.

(( Argh... I had no idea what to wride. I'm sorry if its bad.))

Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have wings?
Inventor
#66 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:45 PM
Nine looked from Kisara to Arkin, a frown on her face.
“Ummm, Arkin, can I be of any assistance? I don’t just want to be hanging around, useless…” Her voice trailed off as she looked down at her clenched hands. This was an utter catastrophe. She knew joining the Confederation would be dangerous. She also managed to handle danger, but never the homesickness. It ate into her, missing the smell of home, and feeling of somewhere familiar. However, Nine never let any one see that. If she did, people would look down at her. Being a guard meant you had to be strong and reliable. Nine was strong, smart and able to fit into tight spaces due to being flexible. Really, she was any captain’s dream guard, until they noticed her lack of experience. “Please, Arkin, I need to do something otherwise I’ll be driven mad.”

((OCC: Sorry it is short, I'm hoping to be more active lately but I need a short but essential post to do so. Hope it alright with everyone.))

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:29 AM Last edited by refox_14 : 16th Jun 2010 at 4:48 AM.
EDIT: This post has been edited, as I didn't think it fit my characters character.
((Sorry for not posting sooner, my computer was down for repairs. I'm feeling a bit intimidated, your all so much better at this! >_<))

Zulu, after pushing aside the panicking ambassador, walked over to where the others were. "Excuse me, but do we have any shred of a plan? Its either that, or I start murdering every one" Zulu said, stepping right in to the conversation. "I think the transporter is our best guess, as there's no risk of someone getting stuck in a ventilationg shaft," I wonder, how hard would it be to push Arkin though that thing? It'd be pretty easy to shove something over the opening.... "And if none of us have any weapons, I think that door over there is staying shut." Zulu said, gesturing over to the door Almidi was poking about at. "And besides, once we're out of here, Nine and Arkin can go find a room, and we can all get back to our own jobs." Zulu said as she pulled her hair back with a boot strap. Her tail was lazily wrapped around her feet, while her whiskers continued to constantly twitch.

((May I just say that I'm enjoying this Role Play just a bit to much? ))

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM
((OOC: I lost all track of time. The situation is scheduled to change the day after tomorrow (Saturday, June 19th). Does anyone want a delay? I am inclined to give one until the characters agree on a plan, assuming that that happened in a timely manner.))

Test Subject
#69 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:09 AM
((OOC - I vote for waiting until we have a plan. ))

I’m not weird…
Field Researcher
#70 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:58 AM
((I think it'd be better if our characters have a plan))

Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:41 PM
((OOC: Me to - Let's get a plan!!))

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:20 AM Last edited by FurryPanda : 27th Jun 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Default Arkin and everyone- hold
Arkin preferred for briefings to go like this- listening quietly to everyone's say, mulling things over, and, when he could get away with it, not even speaking as someone else came to what he thought was the correct conclusion. It let the few occasions he did take an active role in the discussion have more meaning, and it helped maintain his appearance as a very intelligent person, since if he didn't say anything, he didn't say anything too mind bogglingly idiotic.

“Pardon me for interrupting Sir." Then there were members of the crew that did speak up more, and that did still maintain quite an appearance of intelligence and control. Doubtless part of Almidi's Kinthran heritage made her seem a lot more... useful, without trying, but Arkin had no problems with being underestimated outside his field of expertise.

She told them about how they modified a data pad to scan for life signs, which startled Arkin a little, he hadn't actually thought they'd be able to manage it, but then again, Confederation engineers were the best. She then proposed a rather audacious plan, one that Arkin couldn't help admiring- it was so ridiculously complex, and yet so simple and intuitive at the same time. He'd never have thought of it.

Kisara did seem to be much calmer than she had been before, it was probably just the stress. "Thank you," she said, in a well-placed display of politeness towards Almidi that he found somewhat reassuring as well. The previous display was just a well deserved stressful reaction, and she was perfectly able to be in charge. "Using the transporter on such confined space is problematic though... But I guess there is no safer way."

He was no engineer, and he hadn't heard of a case of transporter shock or dismemberment in ages, but if the engineers thought that such things were more likely in confined spaces, he wouldn't argue with them. Kisara glanced at Arkin and he inclined his head slightly, condoning her plan as much as he was willing to.

"Arkin, will you go chech on people at the door. Try clering some space - and make sure that the civillians are calm." He nodded briefly and stepped out of the small circle of the commanding officers to head towards the doors. He had his orders, they weren't imprudent, and he was more than happy to fulfill them.

Most of the civilians and crew were not impolite enough to eavesdrop on such a conversation, but when he stepped out, Nine was at his side almost immediately. He gave her a look which wondered whether she'd been eavesdropping, but it disappeared almost immediately when he saw the frown marring her usually cheerful visage, and the slight tremor in her voice when she asked, “Ummm, Arkin, can I be of any assistance? I don’t just want to be hanging around, useless… Please, Arkin, I need to do something otherwise I’ll be driven mad.”

He was about to reassure her that even having her around was helpful, for moral support, and she could help him calm down the civilians, keep them busy with something, maybe inventorying what they had, when Zulu's deeply unwelcome voice cut through... well, everything except the hull.

She was talking to the others, and sounded about as thrilled at the situation as he was. He at least had the self discipline to not show it to every eavesdropping civilian and crewman. He was succeeding fairly well in his quest to ignore her when he heard, in the middle of some other rant he heard, "Nine and Arkin can go find a room, and we can all get back to our own jobs."

He didn't display any reaction, mainly because he didn't mind that sort of comment at all. He had made plenty of beds, and was perfectly willing to lie in them, to butcher an old earth expression. He was about to continue talking to Nine as if nothing had happened, but he saw that same distinctly unappealing frown, and her usual classy good looks- too young for him, but still- and she really didn't need comments like that. Then again, he didn't need to be a doctor to know that. A little repartee' wouldn't waste any time, and if Zulu's hide wasn't as puncture proof as his own, he'd eat his boots. He winked at Nine before turning to face Zulu and the others.

"Zulu, you are absolutely right that we should be planning, rather than speculating on other crew members' love lives. Excepting yours of course, since we know nothing's happening there."

He regretted his statement almost immediately, it was a low blow, but though the engineer's lack of respect for the chain of command was tolerable when things were going well, here it was not, and he was not above a low blow when someone needed to get their head out of their ass.

((OOC: I am so sorry for how long that took, I have been having a brain drain of epic proportions.
I had a thought about how to have them come to a plan in a more timely manner, it will take me a day or few to work the kinks out, hopefully I will have information up on it within the week
refox- I'm really glad you're enjoying yourself))

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:44 AM
Default To expedite things
In order to expedite things a bit
...we're not going to RP the making of the decision of what should be done next, since, after doing a little research and thinking, I realized that could take all year. I have no problems with a slow paced RP, and I doubt anyone else does either, but there's a difference between slow and glacial.

So we are going to vote. Please PM me your character's vote on what course of action should be taken (details below). If you, or your character has any additional thoughts on the matter, then say so in the PM. Please note they are NOT necessary. If you just want to vote, and that's all, then that's fine.

If you do not specify otherwise in your PM, it is assumed you want an NPC to take care of whatever would be done. You may nominate another character or volunteer your own character. If there is a clear majority (more than half) then that character will be god modded through the action, with the player's permission. If there isn't, then an NPC will do it.

I will leave the voting open until Wednesday, June 30, and that will only be extended if multiple people specifically request more time. If you don't vote in time, then its assumed your character had no opinion.

Please title your PMs "Nerot Action Vote 1" and have the first word in the message reflect your vote, as described below (the words are random, it helps with my filing system):
Tunic- They try to send someone through the ventilation shaft
Pantaloons- They try to beam someone directly outside of the door using the transporter
Boots- They try to force the door open
Cardigan- They attempt to beam someone farther out with the transporter

You are welcome to continue RPing in the meantime.

Test Subject
#74 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 8:54 AM
Default Almidi
"Will you escort me to the transporter, i'm sure you'r knowledge will be of great help to me."

Almidi acknowledged the order with a nod, but before they were able to make their way to the transporter, Zulu burst through the nearby people and began a tirade that certainly didn’t help the situation. Almidi was both shocked by Zulu’s blatant insubordination, and irked by her continued jabs at Arkin and Nine.

Despite being less than pleased, Almidi held her tongue and chose to defer to Kisara’s authority. However, upon hearing Arkin’s equally inappropriate retort, she found herself unable to remain silent any longer.

“I do believe that is quite enough from both of you!” Almidi snapped. “Your bickering will accomplish nothing but add to the chaos and lead to more panicking which, in turn, could get us all killed.” Then keeping her tone as matter-of-fact as possible she turned to each in turn and said, “Arkin, as a senior officer, precisely what kind of example are you attempting to set? Zulu, I understand that this is a trying situation, but showing a little patience would be highly advised. We were just about to see if you had made any progress in repairing the transporter.”

Then realizing that she may have gone too far, she turned back to Kisara and said, “I apologize, Commander, if I have overstepped my authority... However, if I may make another suggestion… As it has been discussed, activating the transporter could alert our captors to the fact that we are no longer restrained, and they may decide to administer another round of the knock out gas. Thus, I feel it would be advisable to block off the ventilation shaft.” She briefly glanced to Nine with a slight smile as she continued, “Perhaps Nine could enlist the assistance of anyone not otherwise occupied, and begin removing the fabric from the gurneys while a crewmember with a sturdy constitution removes the cover to the shaft. With that much material in the way, we should be safe from further exposure to the gas.”
_______
((OOC - I'm going to be out of town until Friday... I should have internet access, so I'll be able to check in on the voting, but I don't know that I'll have much time for writing.))

I’m not weird…
Field Researcher
#75 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM
"Zulu, you are absolutely right that we should be planning, rather than speculating on other crew members' love lives. Excepting yours of course, since we know nothing's happening there."

Zulu's fists clenched, and she gritted her teeth angrily. Her tail wrapped tightly around her legs, and her claws dug in to the floor. Her whiskers twitched furiously, and her eyes blazed as she glared at Arkin.

“I do believe that is quite enough from both of you!”

“Your bickering will accomplish nothing but add to the chaos and lead to more panicking which, in turn, could get us all killed.”

Arkin, as a senior officer, precisely what kind of example are you attempting to set? Zulu, I understand that this is a trying situation, but showing a little patience would be highly advised. We were just about to see if you had made any progress in repairing the transporter.”

“I apologize, Commander, if I have overstepped my authority... However, if I may make another suggestion… As it has been discussed, activating the transporter could alert our captors to the fact that we are no longer restrained, and they may decide to administer another round of the knock out gas. Thus, I feel it would be advisable to block off the ventilation shaft.”

“Perhaps Nine could enlist the assistance of anyone not otherwise occupied, and begin removing the fabric from the gurneys while a crewmember with a sturdy constitution removes the cover to the shaft. With that much material in the way, we should be safe from further exposure to the gas.”

Zulu barely paid any attention to what Almidi was saying, and continued to glare at Arkin. "Wonderful idea Almidi, but one thing first." Zulu said, lightening her voice. "Hey Arkin, want a present?" Zulu smiled, and then punched the doctor straight in the face.

((I hope that was alright...))

Page 3 of 6