Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacements: Default Wall with scale and Floor Edge grey

by Psychosim Posted 2nd Apr 2010 at 1:06 AM - Updated 14th May 2019 at 3:17 PM by Psychosim : new link to Shasta's version

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 1:21 AM
*hearts appear* I love you. So much. This is GENIUS!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:03 AM
Very, very handy--thank you!
Banned
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:44 AM
Thanks so much! Glad you got something out of my tutorial. Hope to see more default replacements from you soon.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 3:46 AM Last edited by lolligirl320 : 2nd Apr 2010 at 3:47 AM. Reason: posting fail
Wonderful! I think you might be the first one to do this, and I'm glad you did. The brown/gold annoyed the crap out of me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:03 AM
Often, the simplest ideas are the nest ones. Thanks for making this available!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:40 AM
That gray edge is GENIUS! I loathed the stupid gold color but I didn't think it could be changed. Win!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:59 AM
Grey edge is fantastic!! Thanks very much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:14 AM
That is one of the best downloads ever!
Thanks for this, great idea.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:32 PM
I can't believe it's taken someone so long to do the tile edging! Thankyou!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:39 PM
Two brilliant ideas! I can't wait to play around with the cfe cheat using your walls. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:46 PM
can you explain to me how this works (the floor and the wall)? I use the CFE cheat a lot...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 2:50 PM
that's pretty interesting! i don't believe anyone has done this before for the sims 2. excellent work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 4:17 PM
You have TOTALLY just made my day! I've finally been getting the hang of the cfe cheat but it was such a pain in the butt!!
THIS, will make things so much easier.
Thank you Thank you Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 4:20 PM
Genius! That wall will solve so many of my problems, and gray floor edge will make my lots look so much better!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 4:22 PM Last edited by psychosim0 : 19th Apr 2010 at 8:44 PM. Reason: typos
GothicGyrl, you simply put the files in your Downloads folder like any other CC, you don't have to do anything else. With these files in your Downloads all yellow/brown floor edges will automatically appear grey now, and the next time you build a wall it will have the scale on it untill you put a different paint onto it.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 6:36 PM
Magnificent! When I first saw the download on the front page I did think whats the point of changing the building wall but then I read it and know it will be something I will use! Genius!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 7:24 PM
Yay, finally! Thank you so much!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:03 PM
Awesome! I don't use CFE all that often because I'm lazy and just like to do simple, quick building, really. But when I do decide to do something complex using CFE, the remembering how many times to click thing annoys the heck outta me. Now, I don't have to remember. This is great.

And yeah, the grey edge is MUCH better, too. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:51 PM
Thank you SO much for making the floor edge gray! It annoyed me so much when making balcony's etc., a few days ago I was looking for something like this and was disappointed because I couldn't find anything.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:12 PM
Wonderful idea! I especially like the scales on the walls. It will make building much easier. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 6:10 AM
Thanks, psychosim0 - didn't even know I needed this grey wall edge until I saw it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 7:32 AM
This is an awesome idea. Thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 8:07 AM
Thank you so much! Building will be a lot easier for amateurs like me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 11:08 AM
I've always been annoyed with the floor edging but I never even thought of doing an edit. Thankyou very much!
Page 1 of 3