Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:29 PM
here you go
there's still the issue of which visual studio to download, ie, isolated or integrated. i guess always pick the sp1 versions too
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:32 PM
Nope...so don't you get mad at me either...lol. I looked in my control panel and I have the same thing that HL has and I can't figure out where it's installed either. So this isn't the issue I suppose since you clearly have the Redistributable installed somewhere and presumably that's all you need to have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:35 PM
lol well there we go : )
i'm gonna try it now on my xp machine i'll get back with ya
In the Arena
retired moderator
#29 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:45 PM
I'm on XP x86. If it helps at all, the paths on my machine...
My VS2008 install path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ where the GUI executable is (that's from my Start menu)
The C# compiler stuff:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition with SP1 - ENU\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:51 PM
i did not have the visual c++ 2008 on xp machine but did have 2005. the program did not run at all. i installed the vc++ 2008 and all as before, reads the mlod, but does not decompile.

is the version you have of visual studio from a place other than the microsoft site? i did some programming a few years ago and got a version of visual ++ from a book.
that was another computer no longer existing though.
Alchemist
#31 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:51 PM
Ella do you think that this is the issue when you look at Canyon's picture of his control panel thing or could it be something else? If he got the right download wouldn't it automatically put itself in the right place?

Canyon, I'm hoping that you talk about the process of "dumping" as you call it. You should just be exporting as I described above...is that what you're doing or are you doing something different?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:57 PM
yes that's correct.
i can upload the file here if you all want to give it a shot. is there a copyright issue to be concerned with? would that be ok?
Alchemist
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:59 PM
I don't think there is a copyright issue involved as long as this is an EA mesh. Someone would need the game for it to do anything for them and anyone who has the game can get at this mesh themself.

Post the whole package you cloned.

And also post the MLOD you're trying to decompile.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:08 AM
okay here's the cloned package
Attached files:
File Type: zip  zhord_FenceDeckWood.zip (26.6 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:09 AM
here's one of the mlod's folder i got from that
Attached files:
File Type: zip  1.zip (10.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#36 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:14 AM
Canyon, that MLOD is decompiled. I just opened your zip, moved all the parts to a folder, and opened it up in MS:

When I tried to recompile it though I got this which I've never seen:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:18 AM
? file 1.zip IS the decompiled part? hmm. so which file is the geometry file in 1.zip?
is the s3objfile supposed to decompile the package file?
Alchemist
#38 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:19 AM
Could you restate that?...I'm not understanding you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:29 AM
let's see if i'm getting the pipeline right.
close the object with s3oc, which exports automatically the package file.
open the package in s3pe, export the mlods to file.

!!!!!
lol i am super super sorry i do get the d word error but it did decompile. i guess what i am missing is which file will i attempt to open in blender. here's where my confusion is i believe.
on recompiling i got the same line undercount error you got
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:31 AM
ah and blender wants to import scenegraph file i've seen that somewhere...
Alchemist
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:32 AM
I took the package and exported the MODL (this object has only 3 MODLs and no MLODs).

I then tried to decompile the MODL and got the same error message:

so I think this issue is a problem with this particular thing you're trying to decompile or else your problem is upstream from the ObjTool.

Which versions of the other two tools are you using? And which table was it that gave you the dword error?
Alchemist
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:39 AM
Unless you're using Ceixari's new tool you aren't going to just be able to open one of the MODL's using Blender. And right now, since you've got issues, I suggest you don't try that tool yet.

There's something wrong with this clone or something wrong with how you made it but the MODL straight outta the package file on this thing is borked.

Which tool versions are you using? Go step by step through the process you're using to make the package file itself.

Your problem isn't the ObjTool...it's upstream from the tool. It's either this clone or the way that you cloned it. What other things have you cloned? Let me see one of those other things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:39 AM
ok S3OC is this doesn't seem to have a version number S3OC Copyright (C) 2009 Peter L Jones

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see Help->Warranty.

This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see Help->Licence for details.

Front-end Distribution: 1001-02-1835
Library Distribution: 1001-02-1835 S3PE is this S3PE Copyright (C) 2009 Peter L Jones

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see Help->Warranty.

This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see Help->Licence for details.

Front-end Distribution: 1001-10-1727
Library Distribution: 1001-10-1727

huh same guy

ah 1001-02-1835 is S3OC i found in a file under install folder
1001-10-1727 is S3PE objtool is 1.0
Alchemist
#44 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken you're using an experimental version of the other two tools.

Go download the one that's for regular users.

Cloner here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362413

and S3PE here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362412

and try those on something that's easy like a table.

If things are still not working for you after that then you need to go step by step through the entire process of how you're making the clone like what Ella asked on page one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:49 AM
here's another package
Attached files:
File Type: zip  zhord_TableCoffeeClub1x1.zip (615.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
In the Arena
retired moderator
#46 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:52 AM
If you want to make meshes for sharing these are the known good working versions. Where did you download those from - sourceforge? You should always get them from the s3pi stickies. Unless you want to provide feedback on the QA versions, which are not advisable to use if you want to share your CC.

s3oc_0912-13-1531
s3pe_0912-13-1729
ObjTool latest is v1.01

So, no more issues with the MS VS C++ runtime install?
Could all your problems be attributed to always downloading the wrong stuff?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:50 AM
ok cool thanks guys
probably no more issues with the c++ i will try the new versions

Could all your problems be attributed to always downloading the wrong stuff?

lol i wish that was all my problems : )
Alchemist
#48 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:53 AM
These are brand new packages right?...they're fresh out of the cloner and you haven't done anything to them?

If that's the case then definitely I would say your issue is how you're cloning them or the tools you're using to clone them with.

I got the same dword error trying to decompile this latest one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:07 AM
okay here we go i'm using the tools from the links at #44
i clone tablediningclub with S3OC use S3PE to export to file 3mlods and one modl

use objtool to decompile and

whooo hooo no errors!

recompiled without errors too
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:10 AM
mittens and ella and Ceixari i owe you all bigtime thanks so much
Page 2 of 3