Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Corner unit for Dahlen Bookcase

by moune999 Posted 8th Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 9:12 PM
I've wanted something like this forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 9:51 PM
Absolutely genious!
How did nobody think of this before?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
I've wanted something like this forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've always been looking for something like this, thanks, oh, btw, how does this thing work, and how do you place it on the game tiles in game?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
Very useful, thanks!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:50 PM
Thank you so much! I've been wanting to make one myself, but I'm not very good at meshing..or creating..or any of that. My libraries from this day forth shall not look awkward! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:35 AM
This looks very nice. I have thought about making a library, though admittedly mostly those thoughts where of a real life one, but why not a sim one? That could be very awesome to give my sims something I want. Surely some of them of bookaholics like me. Thanks.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:34 AM
THANK YOU for this!! I can't believe nobody thought of this before - and I'm very glad you did! Now my bookworm Sims finally can have proper-looking libraries!
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 2:07 AM
I have run into this issue myself before. Thank you for making this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:38 AM
You're all very welcome. I'm just happy it can be useful for others too.

Train_guy, it basically works like any other bookcase. You place it in a corner and use '.' or ',' to turn it around until it sits the way you want it to.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Scholar
#11 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 9:49 AM
Great! My library always looked strange without corner bookcase! Thanks!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Forum Resident
#12 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 10:17 AM
OOOOOOOH! now I can make my Shrina mansion. from FF7 thank ya

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 2:18 PM
Once again, you rock! Thank you so much. This makes things so much easier.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 3:37 PM
This is brilliant, thank you so very much for sharing it with the community!

I think, therefore you are.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:31 PM
Oh yay. I've been mashing two bookcases together in all the libraries I've been building. This looks much better. Thank you, I'll be using it a lot.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 2:13 AM
Awesome! I always hate placing two bookcases together. This will be much used in my game. Thank you so much!
Scholar
#17 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 4:33 PM
This fills one big hole of forgotten Maxis items. Thank you so much for this creation!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:33 AM
This is awesome, I've always wanted something like this, it's always looked so awkward placing two maxis bookshelves.

Somethings not right, I'm sorry, I'm literally retarded, Slim Shady, I think that's my name.

Hi my name is Marshall Mathers I'm an alcoholic, I've got a disease and they don't know what to call it, you better hide your wallet beacause I'm coming to strip yo cash!

JUST LOSE IT AAAARRGH!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:46 AM
Merci Beaucoups!

centime
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moune999
You're all very welcome. I'm just happy it can be useful for others too.

Train_guy, it basically works like any other bookcase. You place it in a corner and use '.' or ',' to turn it around until it sits the way you want it to.

Thanks for the info!

Oh, btw, can you also make a door that works like a secret passage and that looks like the maxis-made bookcase that comes with university?
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM
Really nice idea, and classy. Thanks!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 11:47 AM
these a great i been needing something like this thanks realy it makes it esier to build a libuary for my sims
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 7:12 PM
Oh my gosh! I've always wanted to make my libraries run round the corner where the walls intersect, but I could never make them look right. Thanks for this! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 1:46 PM
An amazing upload--I really appreciate it! I was so tired of always overlapping the bookshelves in the corner and having sims shout that they couldn't use them. Blech. Out of curiosity ... any possibility of a convex corner unit in the future?

Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:07 PM
Can you do this again for the Sims 3?
Page 1 of 2