Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:20 PM
Default Beds and Bones

Is this the way the bones for beds are supposed to be? Aren't they upside down?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:13 AM
When I see the joints in MS that's where they show up for me I think, although yours look a little different...hmm...now I'm not sure. I posted a couple pics of how the joints looked in my game when I was learning how to deal with bed joints in the bed thread on meshing page 4. Are the ones you have the same as those?

I just looked at a bed I made in MS and the joints look like this:

which seems pretty much the same as what you have there.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:25 AM
I just did an object with two joints, one of them was "underneath the ground", and it worked fine in game (after I had realised that I need to assign it in the first place). So, dunno, I'd just try it and see what happens?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:30 AM
PB joints always need to be assigned for objects. Well, I have run into one or two that have none but, by and large, most objects do have them and, when they do, they need to be assigned.

Sorry to post that if you already knew it.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:33 AM
I've tried it already, which is why I'm asking, because it doesn't quite move like the original. I only changed the frame and assigned it the the right bone, but it doesn't look the same when the sim gets in bed. Did you have this problem OM?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:32 AM
Are you talking about the peaks in the bedding?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:39 AM
OM: i meant to point out that they were "underground" as well – that's what cmo seemed to be puzzled about. (I posted before you had posted the pic)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Are you talking about the peaks in the bedding?

Yeah,I just read your thread, same problem. So, no resolution?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:41 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 5th Feb 2010 at 1:05 AM.
eta since board is putting posts out of temporal order: this was to PB:

Oh, I was responding to this that you said, "after I had realised that I need to assign it in the first place..."

I wasn't sure what you meant and thought it was possible you meant you didn't know that joints always need assigned. I also thought it was possible that isn't what you meant...lol. So that's why I also said sorry at the same time.

I think, for some reason, the way you phrase things tends to confuse me...I apologize.
Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:42 AM
sorry for the double post...but now I'm posting to cmo.

No.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:49 AM
So far no fix for the bedding. I have the Hemnes set sitting waiting for someone with more brain power than me to know what is up the object tool. I'm not keen on trying TSRW, has anyone given that one a try? Does the bedding suffer the same fate?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:51 AM
great -tosses package in the trash

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#13 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:54 AM
I've not tried TSRW bed output but someone told me they didn't think it had the same issue. (If someone could confirm/dispute that it would be great) The several beds I have will wait until hell freezes over though as long as there's the chance the issue with this tool set is resolved.

cmo, that's what you get for not obsessively and compulsively reading every thread here Kidding...just kidding.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:08 AM
LOL Actually I do o/c read all the threads, and I remembered that thread, but I couldn't search for it.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#15 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:10 AM
I miss the search function too. Luckily I've got a little desktop text file that I store meshing notes in or else I'd be completely lost.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:19 AM
-pulls package back out of trash- I refuse to be defeated...

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:54 AM
That's the spirit. Mine are snuggled into folders waiting. I've seen no indication that waiting isn't the right course of action for people who have no interest in going the corporate route.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Alchemist
#19 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:33 AM
You are aware, I'm sure, of how much your use of the word "poke" here provocates those of us with a sense of humor?...snicker. I'm needing every ounce of restraint to refrain from any more comment.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:19 AM
OM, am I understanding correctly from your thread, that the decompile/recompile process is where the problem is occuring?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#21 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:52 AM
I get this weird thing that my message is too short.

What I want to post is :

yes

I can send you my documentation if you need it...you would not be the first to doubt my testing.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:14 AM
Oh, there's no doubt. I compared .s3ascg files from decompiled and recompiled files without me actually changing anything. Here's a snippet:

Something is changing without changes being made.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#23 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:31 AM
yes, I've seen the before and after....back when I was posting in the bed thread. I don't have the skill-set to fix it. I'm just a mesher.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#24 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:36 AM
See, I poked and at least somebody with more brain cells than I looked at something and found something. I have no idea what this something is but, eh. So are those 0, 1, 2, 3 groups?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:39 AM
More brain cells? Now that I doubt. I just noticed the differences, but I still have not a clue.. not a clue...

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 1 of 2