Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simtopia: Community Set #2 (2 Fire Stations and 2 Police Stations)

by StephSim Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 4:25 AM - Updated 13th Nov 2009 at 2:07 PM by StephSim : Clarifications Made

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:12 AM
very elaborated, great work! I can't find the original thread of the fireman's pole, does it work like a real one?

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 12:26 PM Last edited by nixnivis : 27th Oct 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Just when I've picked up my jaw, you go and make it drop again! This is just... wow! Now my Simtopia 'hood will be filled with firemen (firesims?) and police officers.

The upcoming Police Academy sounds great - I'm really looking forward to that! And hey, nothing says "you have the right to remain silent" like a well-aimed axe throw...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 3:13 PM
This is just what I needed for a story! Thank you very much for all your awesome work
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 5:25 PM Last edited by StephSim : 29th Oct 2009 at 4:21 PM.
PsychoSim
Thanks for the compliment. Sophie-David (David) hasn't uploaded the fireman's pole YET. At present, it is not animated. David is tinkering with it though as he wants it to be more functional than decorative. But in the least, he will eventually upload it either as a decorative item/column or as a functional pole if all works out.

As for the pole's use in the Simtopia Fire Stations, I combined David's Fireman's pole with Targa's invisible 1 tile Ascension Stairs (which works much like an elevator) and with Frillen's invisible floor tile (which puts the hole in the floor). So, while the pole is not animated, it works enough that your sims can use it to teleport downstairs.

Of course, they can also teleport "UP" the pole as well. Imagine that animated! A fireman sliding up a pole.

nixnivis
Pick up your jaw! Thanks for the praise!

I remember when the thought of creating an entire Simtopia community made me cringe because of the scope of my desires. I have a bit of time to kill right now, so Simtopia is born. The Police Academy is really nice. It's all "formal" looking. It has classrooms and lounges and a training yard in the back (using the obstacle course). For now, the "firing range" is an "ax-throwing range" as it is a functional commercial lot. I guess this is perfect for Simtopia...what better way to deter criminal behavior than training your officers to throw axes at the bad guys? It takes being stabbed in the back to a new level.

Simgaroop
I like to control the flow of my Sim neighborhood at times, so my police and fire stations are residentials. With Fresh-Prince's driveable police car and fire truck, I thought these lots would be great for Sim story telling or for writers who use the Sims to spark their writing. So, I'm glad you find these lots useful! Enjoy!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 6:07 PM
Wow! Just wow! I bet these would be fantastic when combined with Inge's institution living mods and used as residential lots. (duh, it is residential, I can't read) Would need BastDawn's(?) NPC career mod too, so they could work as firefighters. The lots look absolutely beatiful, very detailed and realistically laid out. Can't wait for the upcoming sets.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:40 PM
Thank you! These are perfect! And I love the palm trees as my simmies live in a tropical climate (I'm from the islands muhself).

After playing the same Maxi hood for five years, I've finally decided to play a new hood, built from scratch, so your project is perfectly timed. Looking forward to all of your lots, if these are an indication of what's in store for us.

And thank you for your loyality to we TS2-faithfuls!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:51 PM Last edited by StephSim : 27th Oct 2009 at 11:14 PM.
CatofEvilGenius,
Thanks.

BTW...I get a kick out of your name. Of course you say that you are not really "evil". Does that mean you are truly a genuis by default?

I've never even seen Inge's institution mods before! Just got a look at Simological. Neat things there! And no I haven't been under a rock, just in my own world I guess.

I'm not sure about BastDawn, but I did find TashaFaun's mods. The things you miss when you can't see the forrest for trees! Well...perhaps now that I have a bit of time to smell the roses, I can attend to all the small things I tend to overlook.

Thanks again.

ilikefishfood:
Timing is indeed everything. I'm glad it's working out for you. Oh...Be sure to download the "Simtopia" neighborhood maps and Community Set #1 if you haven't. You are most welcomed about my "loyalty", but there is a bit of selfish endeavor involved too because "I" also need a complete hood to play in as well! Take care!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 8:28 AM
Yes, it's TashaFaun, not BastDawn, my bad.

I'm neither evil nor a genius. You know how in 70's spy movies the villain has a cat? And MAD cat from Inspector Gadget? That's me.

I may just have to make a whole new hood rather than plop your lots into existing ones. Would give me a chance to use those clean 'hood templates at MATY, maybe make my own townies and such. Now you've given me ideas for huge projects, darn it! Too many projects, too little time.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 4:31 PM
Tsk...Tsk...Tsk...

You are "supposed to" use the Simtopia neighborhoods I created.

On the serious side... I think it's more practical to use the Simtopia hoods because I design the lots in them so they will fit properly and often have streets on 3 to four sides of the lot, which looks better when playing the game with neighborhood visibility on.

But, you can do what you will.

What is this about more projects for you? Ha ha ha!

It's all part of my diabolical plan to keep Simming alive!

Take care.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 9:42 PM
These lots look wonderful! Sadly I can't use it...do I actually need all the expansions/stuff packs that you have for your game to use it? When I tried to install it the game tells me I can't =(
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 3:10 AM
I'd say it's best to have all the EPs and Stuff Packs. Luckily the game let's you know!

Sorry.

I know that there are many people who don't have everything, but for this particular project, I am purposefully designing it so I can finally enjoy all of my games (which basically were sitting collecting dust).

There will be a Base Game collection later, but not for quite some time. Not until I complete this Simtopia Project and my Gwrych Project.

Maybe with the Sims 2 stuff being sold in sets now, you can collect them over time! It took me a few years to get all of my packs, but eventually it happened!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 10:15 PM
WOW!!!

These are AMAZING!!! You ROCK girl!!!!!!!
But where are the links to these towns and other sites? Am I blind and just not seeing it?! Better get to my doc!!! ;P

Seriously, these are great!!! And very time consuming!!! BTW, how long did it take you to make these, anyway?

I can't wait to see what else you lay before us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks! JB
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 1:20 PM
Fabulous work; I am so grateful that all of you very talented share.
Thanks again for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 7:22 PM
jbeach
Simtopia was just born.

I've only created 5 neighborhood maps for it - found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373905

I created a City Hall and 3 multipurpose (but all different) City Squares for it - found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373927

And of course these police and fire stations!

Originally, I wanted to create and upload a complete neighborhood, but this neighborhood promises to be so massive that doing so would require Simmers to wait months (or a little more than a year even) before I complete the hood in its entirety. So, I decided to release it as I go along. The neighborhood maps, the community lots, then the residential lots and last the specialty lots.

The community lots will have 30 to 35 sets. I am only on set 3, but it's an ongoing process. Each set takes anywhere from a few days (when I'm not busy or ill) to a week (or a little more than a week) to complete and then a few days to upload.

Right now, I'm adding the final touches to the Airport lots (4 separate lots to form one sizeable airport) - which are "really" nice. They are turning out better than anticipated. So that is what you have to look forward to.

Granna
Thank you for the compliment and you are most welcomed! Please do enjoy the lots.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 8:41 PM
Steph,
Thank you for the links. But I was just 'joshin' when I said I couldn't find 'em. I've already DL'ed 'em! Like I said yesterday, AMAZING WORK! Thank you for sharing your talent!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the next set!!!
Wiki Wizard
#17 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 5:18 PM
these all look really realistic, the sims shall be very safe in simtopia

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 5:35 AM
Simtopia is "perfection"...at least unless you break the law. Then the cops will throw axes at you!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#19 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 5:24 PM
Suddenly i don't want to live there anymore haha

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 11:05 PM
Well DD. Until someone can turn the ax throwing object into a shooting range (perhaps with paint ball guns if "real" type guns aren't allowed), the policemen (and women) of Simtopia will continue to practice their ax-throwing skills!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:53 AM
is having/not having most of the stuff packs a big deal with these?
i have maybe two of them and all of the expansions but i would fucking love the police stations so im just curious if it will be that big a problem

lol i probably sound like an idiot for asking this but WHATEVS MOM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM
Lieutenant,

Not idiotic at all. To be safe I'll just talk like the universal idealistic MOM..."Sweetie, I think it's best to have all EP and STUFF Packs."

I used quite a few Maxis rewards, etc and while the Custom Content List isn't long, some of it may require specific EPs to work properly. Some people try with luck when they actually have all of the EPs...Of course I treat Mansions and Gardens like an EP as well. It may work. I don't think it will "harm" your computer...but I'd back-up my files just in case. The most I've had happen with lots is they won't load at all.

I decided to do 3 sets...1 that used all EPs and Tons of CC (Gwyrch), one that uses all EPs/Stuff Packs and minimal CC (Simtopia) and one that uses minimal EPs, No Stuff Packs and NO CC (Eden). I'm finishing up with Gwrych now...Next year Simtopia and the year after that Eden. Unfortunately, Eden is a long way from being a reality.

If you try it...let me know how it works for you. I'm curious!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:03 AM
i know the EPs are important, with construction features and all that. mansions and gardens was one of the few stuff packs that looked p neat to me so i'll probably end up getting that sometime.

i'm going to repeat my earlier sentiment of WHATEVZ, MOOOM and go for it. i'll grab the first police station and see how it works out. lol i just checked and the only stuff pack i have on this computer is celebration stuff THIS WILL BE FUN
Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 2:46 AM
awesome thanks for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 7:00 PM
Lieutenant,
I'm thinking all must have went well. Best of game play to you!

ranabluu,
You are most welcomed.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 2