Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 5:22 AM
I'm preparing to learn to use Rhino (www.rhino3d.com), but I'm not sure when I'll have enough experience to help out. It seems like a great program. My brother-in-law is a naval architect, and he routinely uses a plug-in for it called Rhino Marine. For more info, see the following links: http://www.proteusengineering.com and http://www.rhinomarine3d.com/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 8:02 AM
Has anyone heard of the 3D modelling software Anim8or (www.anim8or.com)? It may not be as advanced as 3DS Max or Maya, but I used it to model some objects for The Sims 1 and I actually found it pretty useful. Plus, it's completely FREE! It can export .obj files as well as 3DS Max-files and several other formats. If you'd like to have a go at 3D modelling but don't want/can't afford to spend a lot of money, I really recommend this.
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simbuilder20
I'm preparing to learn to use Rhino (www.rhino3d.com), but I'm not sure when I'll have enough experience to help out. It seems like a great program. My brother-in-law is a naval architect, and he routinely uses a plug-in for it called Rhino Marine. For more info, see the following links: http://www.proteusengineering.com and http://www.rhinomarine3d.com/

dude, I´d really try and learn a polygon-based modelling program rather than rhino. it works solely with NURBS surfaces, which create an uber extreme polycount when exported to common mesh formats.
when modelling for a game, you need to control the polycount very strictly, and NURBS are the wrong way to go IMO
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 1:04 PM
Delphy

I do want to apologize for reply to Braveheart and Delphy. :nana:

I am excited about the close beta tester. I guess being tired my fingers tend to have a mind of their own at times. But that is another story line. :smash: :howdy:

I just love your site.

Peace out :confused:
Nearly alive
#30 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Precious Diamonds
Delphy

I do want to apologize for reply to Braveheart and Delphy. :nana:

I am excited about the close beta tester. I guess being tired my fingers tend to have a mind of their own at times. But that is another story line. :smash: :howdy:

I just love your site.

Peace out :confused:

If you want to apply for the closed beta, you need to send a pm to rentechd. Then we will consider your application.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Simbuilder20 : 11th Jan 2005 at 2:27 PM. Reason: revision
Quote: Originally posted by psistorm
dude, I´d really try and learn a polygon-based modelling program rather than rhino. it works solely with NURBS surfaces, which create an uber extreme polycount when exported to common mesh formats.
when modelling for a game, you need to control the polycount very strictly, and NURBS are the wrong way to go IMO

Yeah, I realize that, but this is only my first step. I am learning Maya and a few other programs as well. Thanks for the tip just the same.
Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 6:59 PM
And to add to YesPlease, I would love to have closets..
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 7:10 PM
Hi Delphy and BraveHeart

I am sorry you have misunderstood me. I was looking for a section that had programs files to work on in beta mode since I do have photo pro 9. I just needed help in that directions. I want to do learn in different areas.

Sorry Braveheart if I said steve instead of you. I thought I was posting in the right place.

Thanks all :sink:
Field Researcher
#34 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by killerbunny
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Will this allow for new objects AND skins, or just new objects? Either way, my official response is "woot"

Any mesh, hence any 3D object in the game which means objects and skins

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 1:03 AM
Sounds great. This is finally going to fill in one big hole of all of the other holes in the game. Anyway, does anyone know what 3D program is going to use this? Gmax, 3ds Max??
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 1:03 AM
I love Anim8or. But im yet to get meshes into it even though it supports obj files.Maybe im doing something wrong.
Nearly alive
#37 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakeyboy
Sounds great. This is finally going to fill in one big hole of all of the other holes in the game. Anyway, does anyone know what 3D program is going to use this? Gmax, 3ds Max??

We currently support the OBJ file format so any 3d program which can export to that format can be used.
Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 2:07 AM
I was going through another forum, and 3Beth mentioned this site www.simpose.com
It has an animation editor for the Sims 1, and the creator says he's working one for the Sims 2. :mrpantha:
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 6:41 AM
I don't wish to be added, as I'm barely literate in SimPE, but I wanted to say:

KUDOS!!!!!! You guys are the Best!! You guys Rock!!! You Da Man!! You Rizzle my Shnizzle!!!
(did I leave anything (idioms) out?)

Anyways, you guys are admirable, astounding & unbelievable....

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#40 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:54 AM
This is gonna be so damn fun!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 10:21 AM
Ive been looking for new body meshes. My Sims dont need big breast, they need a bigger butt!
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 4:12 PM
When should we expect a public release??? also will the Beta Tester be able to release objects for the public to test?
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:21 PM
Thank you!!!
This site is the BEST! Nothing comes close. I'm itching to use this new tool when it's released and even more excited to see the creations made by everyone.

For all the hours and insanity you've done to make things happen.....Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

allsoaps
Nearly alive
#44 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Miche : 12th Jan 2005 at 6:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Drewdo
When should we expect a public release??? also will the Beta Tester be able to release objects for the public to test?

We haven`t set a date for when the beta testing will be opened up, but hope it won`t be too long. We are currently working on finding and solving any problems, and seeing what is the limit to what can be done with some types of objects, and getting some tutorials wrote.
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 10:55 PM
and what about hair meshes?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 10:16 AM
You should be able to modify any of the base meshes... hair, body, etc
Field Researcher
#47 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 11:12 AM
"Bows to the almighty modders and hackers of this great site"
:howdy:
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 2:39 PM
All of you are stars! How do you find time to play the game? Can't wait! Thanks again for all of the time and hard work y'all put into modding this game. Best of luck to you mad geniuses who will fine tune this tool. Best of luck to Steve, too. I hope someone finds him.

Cheers,
Slim
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 5:59 PM
"Few hours after that, someone released an object in which he edited the mesh"

Since when? what was edited? tell me, show me!
Nearly alive
#50 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XionValentine
"Few hours after that, someone released an object in which he edited the mesh"

Since when? what was edited? tell me, show me!

Where are you quoting this from?

Our mesh importer is currently in closed beta testing, as the first post in this forum says.
Page 2 of 3