Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 1:34 AM
The problem is that the clothes have their own mesh already. Even if I was to make more nude clothes, and I already have quite a few, or even change the clothes to look different they would still have the mesh they were made from shaping the clothing. With the true nude, I can get that painted-on look. Is that such a hard concept for you to understand?

Hava nagila, have two nagila, have three nagila, they're pretty small.
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigiSim
The problem is that the clothes have their own mesh already. Even if I was to make more nude clothes, and I already have quite a few, or even change the clothes to look different they would still have the mesh they were made from shaping the clothing. With the true nude, I can get that painted-on look. Is that such a hard concept for you to understand?

I'm not having any problem, you are. If you apply clothing textures to Allan's "nude clothing" through BodyShop those textures will look as if they're painted on a totally naked body. How do you think he made his "Wicked Weasel" bikinis? Allan's "nude clothing" use the nude body mesh, and that's the mesh that any texture applied to his "nude clothing" will get.
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 7:17 PM
I don't care about Allan's clothes. I don't have any of his stuff and I don't want any of it. All I'm asking is Leman0 is to do with a top and the full body what he did with the bottoms and you get all up in my face.

Banned
#29 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:07 PM
I don't care about Allan's clothes. I don't have any of his stuff and I don't want any of it. All I'm asking is Leman0 is to do with a top and the full body what he did with the bottoms and you get all up in my face.

But there's no need for Leman0 to do it since it already exists!!!!!!

Why can't you get it? The nude clothing that Allan has, and which probably is available from other places too, is the exact same thing as what you're asking for. So why should Leman0 waste time doing something that we already have?
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:15 PM
Whoa, let's not get worked up here. It's just a misunderstanding. DigiSim, do you want the mesh for painted-on, body-only (i.e., no clothes) tops and full body? Or do you want them for bottoms, too? Or do you want something else.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hessianhost
Whoa, let's not get worked up here. It's just a misunderstanding. DigiSim, do you want the mesh for painted-on, body-only (i.e., no clothes) tops and full body? Or do you want them for bottoms, too? Or do you want something else.

I want the mesh but I want it to come from Leman0. I don't like Allan's work which is why I refuse to download it. Same goes for that Nanshi Nibble woman. I know I'm being recalcitrant but I have particular tastes. A pain in the ass I may be but this is the way I am when I get mad. Besides, it will be good practice for Leman0 if he decides to extract other outfits from the game.

Banned
#32 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:14 PM
I want the mesh but I want it to come from Leman0. I don't like Allan's work which is why I refuse to download it. Same goes for that Nanshi Nibble woman. I know I'm being recalcitrant but I have particular tastes. A pain in the ass I may be but this is the way I am when I get mad. Besides, it will be good practice for Leman0 if he decides to extract other outfits from the game.

Then I suggest you do it yourself. Why should someone else waste their time doing an unnecessary job for you? What makes you believe that you are that important?
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#33 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:16 PM
Sometimes it's better to figure something out on your own, regardless of whether or not someone else already did it. Besides, Kent2, wasn't it you who sharply criticized another user for using Allan's clothes on a created sim in another thread? It seems like a contradiction to me. I'd say that the most helpful thing to do here would be to stop suggesting whose this or that to use, and actually offer the help that was asked - i.e., how do I do this? The more people learn to do things on their own, the more potential artists we have, which ends up benefiting us all.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Banned
#34 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Sometimes it's better to figure something out on your own, regardless of whether or not someone else already did it. Besides, Kent2, wasn't it you who sharply criticized another user for using Allan's clothes on a created sim in another thread? It seems like a contradiction to me. I'd say that the most helpful thing to do here would be to stop suggesting whose this or that to use, and actually offer the help that was asked - i.e., how do I do this? The more people learn to do things on their own, the more potential artists we have, which ends up benefiting us all.

As I said nude clothing is available from more places than just Allan Akbar's site if he objects to using Allan's stuff on religious grounds or whatever. But demanding that someone else should do the unnecessary job of creating new nude clothing for him when it's already freely available on the Net is silly. To say the least. If he doesn't want to use what's already available he should do the job himself, not demand that someone else do it for him.

(PS. Allan has no limits for the use of the nude clothing that's available at his site, it's public domain, you're free to do whatever you want with it.)
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:31 PM Last edited by hessianhost : 24th Jan 2005 at 9:34 PM.
Well, isn't the mesh going to be the same, if it's a painted-on look? Whether or not you get a nude mesh from Leman0 or Allan Akbar, wouldn't it be the same? Considering it's nude.
http://sims2.mine.nu/genetics.html
Here's the site. I'm pretty sure that if you download his nude clothes, you can use the mesh for the painted-on top and full body. Is this what you wanted?
You don't have to use his actual clothing (i.e., textures like bikinis or nude skins) or whatnot, but honestly, his clothingless meshes are gonna be the same as everyone else's. But you can go get someone else's, if you really want to, somewhere else too.

(I'd have to agree with Faylen, though, about figuring things out. Although I can't say I'm technologically adept, she's right.)
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:39 PM
I'm afraid you're missing the point. The original question was a how-to question - DigiSim was not asking for a skin to be made for him, simply saying that he hoped that Leman0 would do it himself and learn. Leman0 was not asking where to find the skin for download, but how to make it.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Banned
#37 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hessianhost
Well, isn't the mesh going to be the same, if it's a painted-on look? Whether or not you get a nude mesh from Leman0 or Allan Akbar, wouldn't it be the same? Considering it's nude.
http://sims2.mine.nu/

It's the exact same mesh, which I've been trying to tell DigiSim for a couple of days now.
Banned
#38 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
I'm afraid you're missing the point. The original question was a how-to question - DigiSim was not asking for a skin to be made for him, simply saying that he hoped that Leman0 would do it himself and learn. Leman0 was not asking where to find the skin for download, but how to make it.

Nope. You are missing the point. DigiSim wants Leman0 to do the job for him, getting skintight meshes that already exist.

This is what DigiSim wrote just a couple of posts ago:

I want the mesh but I want it to come from Leman0

So he wants Leman0 to do the job for him instead of him using one of the "nude clothes" that already exist. It's not a question about Leman0 doing it to learn something, it's about Leman0 doing a job for DigiSim.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:51 PM
perhaps he wants skins from someone else. It is possible that he considers Allan's skins inferior and doesnt want to use them. Believe it or not there are people in this world who dont like allans skins, and therefore choose not to sew thier lips to his butt.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:52 PM Last edited by hessianhost : 24th Jan 2005 at 9:56 PM.
Oh, but I thought that Leman0 found out how to make the nude bottom mesh... and then DigiSim wanted Leman0 to do a job that Akbar had already done-- that is, to make a nude mesh for tops and full body. And kent said he should just get Akbar's... right? But DigiSim, for some reason, won't get them from Allan, so this is what they're agruing over.

I think that part of the misunderstanding is the difference bewteen a skin and a mesh. A skin, or texture, is the colouring and detailing applied to a mesh, which is the shape of the clothing/body. Akbar has tons of nude textures which are unique to him, but the meshes he carries-- the nude clothing pack-- are also carried elsewhere. So if not from Akbar, or yourself, then from someone else. But Leman already knows how to extract the meshes, and it's already been done by others, so you can get it from another person.

Whitefolks, no one is saying he has to like Akbar's stuff. We're only saying that he's asking Leman0 to do something that Allan Akbar among others have already done-- identically. His nude mesh will be the same as anyone else's, y'know?

Let's not let this get too accusatory, though. I don't think anyone originally intended to anger anyone else.
Banned
#41 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitefolks
perhaps he wants skins from someone else. It is possible that he considers Allan's skins inferior and doesnt want to use them. Believe it or not there are people in this world who dont like allans skins, and therefore choose not to sew thier lips to his butt.

This discussion is about "nude clothing", that is bare meshes. There is no way one invisible piece of texture can be of a better quality than another invisible piece of texture.

So how about reading the thread before butting in?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#42 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 10:03 PM
Everyone hush. If Leman0 wants to make packages for those nude meshes, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. What do any of us care whether Allan or 30 people have already done it? DigiSim has a right to ask, and I don't see him demanding it or threatening Leman0 if he doesn't do it. So let it go. Leman0 will make these or he won't and it's fine either way.

Edit: Kent this includes you. Drop it. Now.

RG
Banned
#43 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Edit: Kent this includes you. Drop it. Now.

Yes, I will drop it. I tried to help DigiSim and all I got for it was rude replies. That's what you get for trying to be nice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 6:44 PM
Hoo-kaay. I think some people are operating under some misconceptions.

FYI: An item of clothing which appears as nude doesn't really require any real skinning skills to create. All you need to do is to select an existing item of clothing which uses a skin-tight mesh as a base for a new piece of clothing. Then all you need to do is change the alpha channel bitmap to be completely white which will make the clothing transparent. Just export the clothing into the game and you will have a new piece of clothing which, when worn, will make your sim appear nude.

Now, taking that into consideration, you will see that the only challenge is choosing the appropriate skin-tight mesh so that you can customise the texture used with your new piece of clothing, something that until I extracted the skin-tight mesh for the female bottoms, was not possible. All I did was to create a new set of bottoms which used the skin-tight mesh. There are already clothes which use skin-tight meshes in a standard installation of The Sims 2, so there's nothing that needs to be done for you to be able to create new skins using these meshes. I hope this clears things up for everyone.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Instructor
#45 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 2:05 AM Last edited by sayyadina : 1st Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Quote: Originally posted by kent2
Then I suggest you do it yourself. Why should someone else waste their time doing an unnecessary job for you? What makes you believe that you are that important?

Now be friends or something...Im trying to read and learn something here...
Locked thread | Locked by: Faylen Reason: To prevent further necromancy.
Page 2 of 2