Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vintage 'Family Reunion' Collection

by hedgekat Posted 31st Jul 2009 at 7:48 PM

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:01 PM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:08 AM. Reason: add pic
Default Elder males
Only two outfits for elder males so far but you can mix and match. A grey check tuck-in shirt (Maxis mesh) and an untucked shirt in a navy patterned stripe on white (mesh by t2suggas can be found here.)pair with slacks in charcoal tweed and navy pinstripe. These are Maxis mesh but I use the default replacement by CatOfEvilGenius which can be found here. I love the length on these. They cover the ankles but show the shoes which was the preferred length in this vintage period. The untucked shirt is also enabled for adult males and the two untucked shirts in the adult section below are also enabled for elders.

hair by Hairfish of Mermaid Cove
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_ME_SSshirt grey check.rar (213.0 KB, 707 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_ME_untuckedshirt chain striped.rar (152.6 KB, 670 downloads)
Description: requires t2suggas_EM_LooseShirt_ShSleeve_Mesh see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_ME_slacks.rar (466.1 KB, 728 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM Last edited by hedgekat : 29th Jul 2009 at 1:06 AM. Reason: add pics
Default Adult male
For the adult male we have two short sleeved dress shirts paired with the pleated, loose-fitting trousers that were so popular in the 40's and 50's. The blue and gray striped shirt is teamed with slacks in a houndstooth pattern while the pearl grey shirt goes nicely with herringbone patterned trousers. Two untucked casual shirts are teamed with closer fitting slacks in a navy tweed. As mentioned above the untucked shirts are also enabled for elder males. See that post for credit and link.

hair by Genensims and by Janna of Sims Connections
All variations of tweed fabrics for all male sims are by Donegal Tweeds.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_MA_short sleeve shirts.rar (203.2 KB, 741 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_MA_t2suggaslooseshirt.rar (339.9 KB, 701 downloads)
Description: requires t2suggas_EM_LooseShirt_ShSleeve_Mesh see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_MA_AASvintagebottom.rar (376.8 KB, 730 downloads)
Description: mesh included
File Type: rar  hkw_MA_slimslacks navy tweed.rar (174.6 KB, 709 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:23 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM.
Default Adult Female
Here's Iris again in her dark denim jumper and plaid shirt which is identical to the teen ensemble. The plaid fabric is also done up in a shirtwaist dress with a second shirtwaist with full length buttons done in grey gingham to match Gramps shirt. Another button front dress in a slightly different style is done in a bright denim with red accents. All four of these outfits use the 1940s mesh from All About Style which is included. These dresses are also available for young adults.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_FA_AAS1940dress.rar (961.1 KB, 935 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:01 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 8:09 AM.
Default Teen females
Only two new outfits for teen girls even though their jumpers started it all. First is a navy and white print featuring moons and stars done in a shirtwaist style which uses a Maxis mesh. Next is a very feminine scoop neck style in a medium dark denim with dark red accents. This uses a mesh by All About Style which is included. The denim jumper can be found here.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_FTnavy moon&stars print.rar (230.1 KB, 806 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_FT_AASvintagedress.rar (303.8 KB, 819 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:35 AM.
Default Teen males
Three styles of shirts and two of slacks for teen boys in the same fabrics as their elders.

Two short sleeve tuck-in shirts and two slacks use Maxis meshes.
Everything else uses CatOfEvilGenius's Smooks Brothers meshes which can be found here. (You will need the creased slacks, rolled sleeve shirts and short sleeve untucked shirts. All three are in the comments section.

The slim Maxis slacks will look best with the untucked shirts. I chose the jeans mesh that didn't cover the shoes and only later realized that the belt was built-in to the mesh. I didn't want the wide belt on dress slacks but had to position the narrow belt a bit low to cover the bulge of the belt buckle. Then it still has a ridge around the waist where the top of the belt was. Best to cover it up with the shirt. The tweed fabric looks great though. Comes in navy and grey. The Smooks Brothers slacks come in navy houndstooth and two shades of navy herringbone, one lighter than the other. Use one or both. Rolled sleeve shirts are in denim and blue chambray. Tucked shirts are in the theme plaid and pale blue gingham. Untucked shirts in grey check, navy check, and a navy print like Dad's and Grandpa's.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_MT_COEG_surftop.rar (518.1 KB, 688 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_tmTopSurfUntuck_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2 see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_MT_COEGrollsleeve.rar (458.2 KB, 698 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_tmTopRolledSleeve_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2 see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_MT_COEGslacks.rar (492.5 KB, 701 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_tmBtmCreasedSlacks_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2 see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_MT_shortsleeve shirt.rar (471.7 KB, 695 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_MT_slimslacks.rar (312.6 KB, 699 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:27 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:41 AM.
Default Child males
Five shirts and four pairs of slacks for the elementary school set. Again the same fabrics.

Little boys delight in dressing like Daddy and big brothers just as much as little girls like to dress like Mommy. Solid navy and gray flannel slacks accompany the grey tweed and navy pinstripe that older family members wear. (You will need CatOfEvilGenius's Smooks Brothers pants. Find them here.)
Short sleeved tuck-in shirts are neat and dressy in checks and the theme plaid as well as a plain blue chambray. The shirts all use the Maxis mesh.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_MC_COEGslacks.rar (1.26 MB, 718 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_cmbottomslacks_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2 see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_MC_tucked shirt.rar (624.4 KB, 755 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:34 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:50 AM.
Default Child females
Little girls get a denim jumper just like Big Sis's but with a blue check shirt rather than plaid. Pink scarf and socks were an absolute must. This uses All About Style's vintage mesh as does the navy, red and white star print trimmed with rick rack. Mesh is included.

For the kindergartners a navy duck print in the Shirley Temple style and adorned with a lacy collar is smashing. This mesh is also by All ABout Style and is included. You will notice that this little girl is still wearing her hightopped white 'baby' shoes. These shoes were considered mandatory for helping children develop strong ankles and attain a proper gait and many children wore them long after babyhood. I have pictures of myself and several girl cousins wearing them as old as six or seven. Boys were lucky and got to have brown or black as they got older.

Next is a dusty cornflower blue print which is adorned with coordinating braids at waist and neckline. It uses KiaraRawks StylinLittleGirls ballgown mesh which can be found here.

Last but not least is a stylish navy check with a cummerbund adorned with nautical motifs. For this you will need bettye's girls' revised mesh found here.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_FC_AASshirleydress.rar (305.8 KB, 767 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_FC_AASvintagedrs.rar (478.8 KB, 777 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_FC_BJE navy check.rar (120.9 KB, 727 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_BJEfcDressRevised052706 see link above
File Type: rar  hkw_FC_SLGballgown dusty blue print.rar (164.4 KB, 727 downloads)
Description: requires MESH_SLGballgown1-08-06 see link above
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:37 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:52 AM.
Default Toddler females
The jumper for toddlers is paired with a pink check shirt and is adorned with a floral applique with matching appliques on the pink socks. Maxis mesh.

The pink outfit departs from the navy and gray theme and may be my favorite piece of the whole set. I love those little white rabbits with their red eyes. Navy does appear in the flower adornment and in the diaper cover. The mesh is by Snowstorm of Eclectic Sims and is included.

Hair by Nouk and Melodie9
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_FP_denim jumper.rar (50.4 KB, 778 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_FP_SSPleatedDress.rar (141.1 KB, 755 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:43 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 31st Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM.
Default Toddler males
Poor little toddler boys have fewer clothes than anyone but there will be more. Here are four cutie outfits. First the plaid shirt teamed with navy tweed short pants. Yes, he has the white baby shoes. Maxis mesh

Next for the older toddler are grey herringbone trousers paired with the grey check shirt and black shoes while a red check shirt with contrasting white collar gives those navy pinstripe trousers a really sporty air. These two outfits use Hope Baylor's mesh which is included as it is not available on her page here. (Or at least I couldn't find it.) She also has a page at Insimenator and gives permission for her meshes to be included with recolors. Check out her work at both places. She has all sorts of nifty stuff.

The last outfit has adorable little houndstooth shorts. Really short to show off those cute little chubby legs. A blue and grey striped shirt like Daddy's is worn over a white t-shirt. This little fellow can't manage to keep his t-shirt tucked in and has also learned how to unbutton his top shirt. The mesh is by Snowstorm of Eclectic Sims and is included. Again there are lots of cute clothes for toddlers at this site.

Hair by Callum and Melodie9.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  hkw_MP_HBPants&ShirtBoysMesh.rar (433.3 KB, 700 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_MP_navy shorts plaid shirt.rar (67.7 KB, 679 downloads)
File Type: rar  hkw_MP_SS_Shorts2Shirts.rar (148.9 KB, 658 downloads)
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
Awesome! I wish more people would create sets like this. I love having my Sim families coordinate. The little girl clothes are adorable.
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM
What an amazing collection, so glad you finished it! My favorite is the CF purple dress with white trim. :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
you're incredible!! thank you so much. it's a lot to download, so i'll bookmark it for later when i have some time. but thanks.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 11:07 PM
OMG!!! This is amazing. Just thinking of all the work you must have put into this makes my head hurt :LOL:
Everything looks so great! I like that you have normal looking clothes for teen males, they always seem to get stuck with weird clothes. I think my favorite is the moon and star dress for teen females.

EPs I have: All of them! OMG, Ultimate Collection!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:10 AM
This was sure lot of work, but it paid off!
And it's not the point of this thread, but I think your big family picture is quite awesome. So many sims bunched together...

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 10:50 AM
I always thought there should be like a mod to make it so you can take black and white pictures with the ingame cameras, that would go great with this set.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:13 PM
Incredible! One of THE BEST uploads I've seen yet! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:50 AM
seeing this makes me regret uninstalling sims 2 for sims 3 ((
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:42 PM
Thank you so much! I have an old-fashioned home in Riverblossom Hills and it always drove me CRAZY that all the custom dresses available were either ugly or slutty. THESE ARE AWESOME! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:15 PM
Very inspirational. Although I'm not downloading at the moment (will come back for this once I'm out of the building phase), I love this idea! Thank you for sharing this.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#21 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:20 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you for all your work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:53 AM
Aww.... Too cute.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 2:11 AM
Gee, I was sure I said thanks already. Anyway, this is perfect for my game set up (late 1930s early 1950s England). This represents a huge effort, and I and my simmies thank you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 6:59 AM
This is incredible! Thankyou!
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:51 AM
These are really nice! I never really thought of doing a vintage-themed neighborhood before, but seeing your work is making me consider it. Just one question though - do the adult ladies' outfits have pregnant morphs? If not, do you know of any good vintage maternity wear?

Thanks in advance! And once again, brilliant work!
Page 1 of 2