Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
i think I just pissed myself laughing.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Typical
#52 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:59 AM
I pissed myself watching Benidorm...
#53 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:04 AM
E, you sound VERY dedicated...

Zim, WOW!!! Can I join the party?
Mad Poster
#54 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Benidorm...

What is this nonsense?! i demand answers!

Theorist
#55 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:22 AM
Hehe I would do all that if I am able to (can't wait) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 lalalalaskog wioalalalefio seolalallabiseh oas;lalLAL anyways............... I wanna burrrrrrrrn
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#56 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_of_Death
E, you sound VERY dedicated...

Why yes I am
#57 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:07 AM
E, I just noticed that your font in you avatar and policy is Bleeding cowboys, I LOVE IT, I USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!
#58 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM
Well crap. My laptop WILL handle it.

I'm wanting an iPod touch which costs (with tax) $330, and I was going to sell my two old cameras on ebay to have enough money, but I just found out that one doesn't work and I can't sell it (with a clean conscious), so now I'm tempted to either buy TS3, or save for the iPod.

My current iPod holds 4 Gigs. I have about 8 Gigs of media in iTunes, so I'm wanting the 16 Gig touch.

On the other hand, new pixel dollies.

Music. Pixel Dollies.

IT'S TOO HARD!!!!!!!!

EDIT: haha! It's awesome isn't it? (I took forever typing that and didn't see your post)
#59 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:56 AM
What I did is get an off brand Mp3 player, I think it was a Craig. I only paid 35 for it, but it was on sale.
Typical
#60 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
What is this nonsense?! i demand answers!

It's a comedy-ish programme... it's funny.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:29 PM
Like Saturday Night Live?

Typical
#62 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:30 PM
Not really... it's like a comedy soap... ARE YOU SWISS!!??
Mad Poster
#63 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:55 PM
this is news to you why...?

Typical
#64 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:08 PM
I was curious as to whether or not you're Swiss...
#65 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
Hey guys, just a warning, I bought the sims 3 collectors edition expecting to get the full game guide with it, instead a got a three page thing that outlines how to do the basics. I the memory stick is pretty cool but don't expect a game guide. I am very upset. On the box it says it includes the Prima game tips and hints guide. Apparently, the real one (the 100 pg one) is called the OFFICAL prima game tips and hints guide. DAMN EAXIS!
Scholar
#66 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_of_Death
Hey guys, just a warning, I bought the sims 3 collectors edition expecting to get the full game guide with it, instead a got a three page thing that outlines how to do the basics. I the memory stick is pretty cool but don't expect a game guide. I am very upset. On the box it says it includes the Prima game tips and hints guide. Apparently, the real one (the 100 pg one) is called the OFFICAL prima game tips and hints guide. DAMN EAXIS!

Thanks for the heads up...I'm going to go get the game guide and start reading up before my collector's edition arrives. That totally blows...I thought I could get out of spending the money for the game guide (I hate having to launch out of my game to look things up on the internet, I prefer to have it right in front of me so I buy the game guides).

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
#67 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:40 AM
~* My Review *~

After reading many reviews, I did decide to but it.

PROS:

Shiney Game Case
That means it HAS to be freakin' AWESOME!

No loading screens!
The only loading screens I saw were when I entered the town, and when saving/quitting.

Seamless Neighborhood
I. Love. It. If you want to send your Sim to the restaurant on the other side of town, just zoom over there and click eat here or whatever.
Also great for finding friends, and just exploring the town.

Past EP Features
The awesome things we waited YEARS for, have been included in the besegame (which better mean that expansion packs will have even better stuff that we never knew we couldn't live without)
I really didn't play too long, but we do have cars, bikes, diagonal everything, and I think ceilings. I didn't think to check. There may be other stuff, but that is all I can think of right now.

Diagonal Everything
The game includes diagonal walls, windows, and doors like in TS2. They even included diagonal roofs. Now when you rotate/move/place objects, diagonal placement is standard.

Create A Sim
Stares in awe...
Woah...
You can customize everything! I didn't play with it too long since I wanted to play, so I customized one Sim, made his wife from a pre-made template, and used the genetics for their kids.

You Can Customize The Color For Everything
Seriously, EVERYTHING I made they guy's suit an ugly dark teal color.
I had options for his pants, jacket body, jacket sleeves, and tie.

And I'd assume the same foes for objects. I did not try patterns.

There were three different color choosers. A square button (Red, blue, green, etc) a color wheel sort of thing, and I think (I didn't click on it) a hex color code option.

Grey Areas:

Objects
There were less than what came with the TS2 base game.
I had already figured this would happen since they have created the Sims Store.

But I do expect Expansion Packs, Stuff Packs, and MTS2 to provide new objects.

Hair:
Once again, I did not spend much time in bodyshop.
I only looked at hair for AM, and there weren't that many choices.

But again, I do expect more in the future.

Build Mode
New layout for that and will take some getting used too.
It'll be ok though.

CONS:

The new awesome building options we've seen.
Ya know, like the cafe/bistro, cinema, and corner grocery store?
Fake.
They're actually community objects that your Sim goes into. You cannot go inside. You can, however decorate everything else on the lot.

You can create your own lots and add these yourself.

Only One Active Family At A Time
So I look at that as being in THAT family's lot and being able to go around town.

But I don't like that if I choose another family, they loose whatever.
I wish it were like TS1/TS2 where you would click that family's lot then start playing them so that you could easily switch between familys.

And then the people you aren't playing MOVE?!
(I know this can be turned off, but it also turns off the NPC's lives)
Ugh. I can see the pros and cons of this.
Pro: Your town is constantly changing and aging.
Con: You make a special Sim (of yourself, for example) but you don't actually want to play you. But while you're playing a different family, you disappear!

Now, I heard that as long as you keep a family you create in the Sim Bin (or whatever it's called now) they will not move. Is that true?

The Neighborhood
The 'hood shipped with the game is pretty small, and only has a handful of empty lots. Personally I'd like to start from scratch. And I'm hoping that the Neighborhood creator WILL be released soon.

I have not downloaded the free neighborhood from the Sims Store.

The Reflection From The Shiney Case Is Blinding Me
LOL

That's all I can think of right now, I'll play some more and see what else I can find.

Oh, and if you're online while playing, will other people's Sims show up in your town?

I found a Sim who's name looked like a screen name with numbers.
It was kinda weird. Maybe once I register my game my TS3.com friends' Sims will show up?
Theorist
#68 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
You want an Ipod touch? have 2 you can have one but... well I'd rather not tell anyone uber duber buber guber luber tuber nuer muber cuber fuber wuber yuber ruber puber huber kuber suber quber persnal details (where I live etc.)
Mad Poster
#69 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:08 AM
Hmmm. sounds like a player's game. i'm disappointed that hp says that creation of custom patterns is so hard right off the bat. But, eventually there'll be a tool. Once there is, I'll probably move to ts3, or at least buy it and try it out.

#70 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZimZ
You want an Ipod touch? have 2 you can have one but... well I'd rather not tell anyone uber duber buber guber luber tuber nuer muber cuber fuber wuber yuber ruber puber huber kuber suber quber persnal details (where I live etc.)

lol

$90? Are you getting the special edition?
The normal version was $50.
Or are you outside the US?

Yeah, I;m hopping the tutorial is easy to figure out. Or at least written in English and not that polly-verticle-bhav language.

But eventually there will be a Sims3PE.

I also forgot to mention that you can change the default lifespan settings.
LOVE that feature. I hate Sims with long lives, I have never had a toddler make it to an elder... I've never had anything age to an elder.
Theorist
#71 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:01 AM
I live in Australia
#72 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:59 AM
haha, the $90 US this was a reply to another thread I think. :p
Theorist
#73 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:44 AM
wait if it's 90 usd.... then wtf will it be in aussie dollrs!!!
Anime Addict
#74 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:19 AM
in aussie dollars... it's $100 for normal. and $110 for the collectors addition.
Dont panic ZimZ.... lol

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Theorist
#75 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:00 AM
phew... that is still really expensive tho... oh well I'll make my parents say it's an early birthday prezzie (my bday is december 19th)

Page 3 of 4