Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#26 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:41 PM
... medical reasons?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fobok
Look him up in Wikipedia, it's worth the read. 'Lunatic' doesn't begin to describe him.

Or better yet, Encyclopedia Dramatica. LOL
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... medical reasons?

yeah... the OP said he/she get's migraine headaches and the censor blur gives him/her pre-headache signs... i don't have that problem... i jusst find the blur annoying :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th May 2009 at 1:06 PM
I also like keeping the blur...mainly because without the blur the sims look unrealistic (being Ken and Barbie dolls basically). At least with the blur, you get the illusion that the sims actually do something when at the toilet.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th May 2009 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZachCharge
I also like keeping the blur...mainly because without the blur the sims look unrealistic (being Ken and Barbie dolls basically). At least with the blur, you get the illusion that the sims actually do something when at the toilet.

if you want realistic you can get those realistic skins
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th May 2009 at 1:55 PM
But then the males would be peeing invisible urine with no aim lol. Eh, blur for me :p
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:58 PM
Personally, I think that the blur is humorous, both in TS2 and TS3, so I probably won't move it. Unless I started doing machinima.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZachCharge
But then the males would be peeing invisible urine with no aim lol. Eh, blur for me :p

Who would want to watch Sims realistically peeing, anyway?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Who would want to watch Sims realistically peeing, anyway?

Ha ha! Agreed! But as I stated in the first post, from what I've heard, the new censor blur is HUGE, blocking more than just what is necessary. Like, when you sit on the toilet it covers from your knees to your neck or something like that, and when they take showers, it's from your calves to your chin, sometimes covering part of the face or head. Now, we all know sims sometimes autonomously streak or even get in the hottub in their bare nakeds, so if they're sitting in a hottub, talking to other sims, and the blur gets in the way of just watching them talk to each other, what fun is that?

Anyway, I'm happy the mods are fixing that because it really does bother my eyes. But it also does affect more than just "peeing" or bathing, like others have said, babies getting diapers changed, kids on potty chairs patting the chair, all sorts of other things are messed up because of it.

But all in all, they could take a shower in their bathing suit for all I care, I just don't want that pixelated mess on my screen.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:44 PM
Well there IS the Never Nude trait. The new blur does sound annoying, if it's THAT big. TS2 only covered the parts that mattered, at least. If not eliminated completely, maybe the blur can be shrunk down to a more reasonable level?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:47 PM
Yeah, one would hope so, for those who want to keep it in there. And you are absolutely right, remove the blur and just keep the Never Nude trait on your sim and you're safe . . . at least with the one you are playing . . . hee hee!
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:39 PM
Yeah I downloaded the mod from a guy that has the official game. He posted it on the snootysims forums.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#38 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:56 PM
Lol, another episode in the censor hack wars? :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol, another episode in the censor hack wars? :D

Lol! Yeah, I peeked in on you all over there at MATY and saw that! It made me laugh!
Theorist
#40 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:01 PM
Ani, that's too funny! I've always been bugged by how they sit on the toilet fully clothed too, but that doesn't bug me as badly as having four Sims in the tub or shower all at the same time causing my game to lag because the blur comes on all at once.

And I also like to be able to see all the cute animations to do with toddlers and babies when it's removed.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 26th May 2009 at 7:28 AM
They didn't remove it, and I don't think you can with out modding your game when a mod is released. What I don't understand is why they blur an animation?
Instructor
#42 Old 26th May 2009 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~*Mini*~
yeah... the OP said he/she get's migraine headaches and the censor blur gives him/her pre-headache signs...

It's called a migraine aura. I get 'em to...and now that the OP mentions it...the blurry thing is kinda like that. (My pattern is more zig-zaggy...but the same kind of geometric wonkiness.)
Eminence Grise
#43 Old 26th May 2009 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zanev
They didn't remove it, and I don't think you can with out modding your game when a mod is released. What I don't understand is why they blur an animation?

Read the thread. A mod is released. Or two mods. Or half a dozen
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 26th May 2009 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
It's called a migraine aura. I get 'em to...and now that the OP mentions it...the blurry thing is kinda like that. (My pattern is more zig-zaggy...but the same kind of geometric wonkiness.)

Yes, Cleo, if I (the OP) had to describe it as closely as possible, it would be similar to the "snow" that you get on a television screen that has no reception. Its a jumbled mess in your vision. So the pixelation reminds me of that because the way it blocks and jumbles the image. I've also gotten it in a tunnel vision sort of way, with the jumble being around the outer part of my vision and the center of my view visible. It's very painful and makes you sick to your stomach.

Sorry to hear you are a fellow migraine sufferer!
Instructor
#45 Old 26th May 2009 at 8:44 AM
*hugs momicajack*

Migraines! Bleh! Mine looks like when you press on your eyeballs too long. Funny what the human brain does, huh?
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th May 2009 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momicajack
Ah, thanks Inge!

Yeah, Angel, I don't want to look at that! I haven't seen any screenies of it yet, I just remember one of the fansites saying something about having a "HUGE censor blur" and I hadn't really thought about it until I saw that! I've gotten so used to playing my Sims 2 without one.

Where did you find the hack/mod to remove the censor blur in Sims? I've been trying to look around but I have not come across anything
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#47 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:13 PM
The guy who made it has posted a link at Simlogical.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th May 2009 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Someone has made one already.

Really?! Where? I have looked for it, but didn't find anything... I'll try again.
Instructor
#49 Old 27th May 2009 at 10:47 PM
I want one that replaces the annoying blur with a simple, honest, only-covering-what-it-needs-to censor bar.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by astrognash
I want one that replaces the annoying blur with a simple, honest, only-covering-what-it-needs-to censor bar.

Yes, one that covers only the genitals of the baby being bathed :P
Page 2 of 3