Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
shiny!
retired moderator
#26 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:33 AM
Yeah you have stuff you need to fix. Run hijack this again and put a check next to the following boxes:

O20 - Winlogon Notify: MCD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\uuandlg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\jon\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4...302/Coupons.cab

Then click to fix.

Quote:
Scanners, like AVG and all the spyware you told me to in the steps you gave? No i didn't run them again after i posted this log yesterday i didn't know i was supposed to.

But you ran them before hijack this right? Went through the steps? Did they find anything? Ideally you want to run them until they find nothing.. but I hadn't gotten there yet. Just wanted to get through all that first. If you went through all those steps then you did fine.

Quote:
Running TS2 is safe. But I recommend you letting me help you clean up your computer some..

Here’s a list of processes that are not directly related to your operating system needing to run:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony TV Tuner Library\SMceMan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony TV Tuner Library\RM_SV.exe
C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe

You can go to task manager and kill ANY of them. My best guess is that one of those processes may be causing the pop up. AOL is my bet.. it did that a lot on this other computer I had to fix..but I can’t know that for sure..That’s just a guess in the dark over a program that I know has done it in the past.

You can go into start  Run -> type

msconfig

Go to the ‘startup’ tab. Expand the box, screencap and post back here. We need to disable some startup services on that poor computer.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Yeah you have stuff you need to fix. Run hijack this again and put a check next to the following boxes:

O20 - Winlogon Notify: MCD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\uuandlg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\jon\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4...302/Coupons.cab

Then click to fix.

Ok i removed everything you said to click "fix" i hope i selected all the right ones.

But you ran them before hijack this right? Went through the steps? Did they find anything? Ideally you want to run them until they find nothing.. but I hadn't gotten there yet. Just wanted to get through all that first. If you went through all those steps then you did fine

Yeah i did, they found nothing if i remember correctly.

Edit: i just got the blank bar again...gah

Quote:
You can go into start  Run -> type

msconfig

Go to the ‘startup’ tab. Expand the box, screencap and post back here. We need to disable some startup services on that poor computer.

I just tried doing this, i cant expand the box?
shiny!
retired moderator
#28 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 4:37 AM
Quote:
Yeah i did, they found nothing if i remember correctly.

Edit: i just got the blank bar again...gah

Okay then the good news is we've ruled out any kind of spyware/viruses causing it. So it's got to be one of those running legit processes causing it.

Quote:
I just tried doing this, i cant expand the box?

If there is that many that you can see all at once (and this doesn't surprise me from your running processes list) then can you just screencap multiple times until I can see everything that's there? There's no harm disabling all of it. They're all add-on processes but some stuff you're going to want to keep.. like your antivirus and what not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 4:39 AM
Okay then the good news is we've ruled out any kind of spyware/viruses causing it. So it's got to be one of those running legit processes causing it.

If there is that many that you can see all at once (and this doesn't surprise me from your running processes list) then can you just screencap multiple times until I can see everything that's there? There's no harm disabling all of it. They're all add-on processes but some stuff you're going to want to keep.. like your antivirus and what not.

Yeah, ok i got a picture of each one (took 4 screenshots) Here they are!

Also what about what i posted from post #20

Quote:
Edit: I noticed something after i did all these steps, why is my I.E working odd? Ex: At this forum i had to log on this morning when i visited the site, yet i had the option "remember me" it is doing this to all the forums i visit as well as any websites where i have a email and password to log in. Why is it doing this when i turn off my computer for the night and the next day when i turn it on and log to my account and visit forums this happens.

It is like I.E is automatically deleting all ym browsing history without me knowing. Is this from one of the steps we did? Also is it safe for me to be on my computer until this problem is fixed (the blank bar) i played some games yesterday and surfed the web, i can't wait all day for someone to respond.

Note: It did the same thing for FireFox
shiny!
retired moderator
#30 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:00 AM
Quote:
Edit: I noticed something after i did all these steps, why is my I.E working odd? Ex: At this forum i had to log on this morning when i visited the site, yet i had the option "remember me" it is doing this to all the forums i visit as well as any websites where i have a email and password to log in. Why is it doing this when i turn off my computer for the night and the next day when i turn it on and log to my account and visit forums this happens.

It is like I.E is automatically deleting all ym browsing history without me knowing. Is this from one of the steps we did? Also is it safe for me to be on my computer until this problem is fixed (the blank bar) i played some games yesterday and surfed the web, i can't wait all day for someone to respond.

CCleaner did that. Don't worry about it. It's good to do cleanup every now and again. Don't worry it won't keep clearing it. Everything you save from now on will stay until you do another cleanup. I don't see any reason for you to not be on the computer. You don't have any spyware or viruses. You've just got an annoying program.

Oookay it would be easier to tell you what to keep..

KEEP:

MSASCui – windows defender
sHotKey – something that allows for extra buttons on your keyboard to work
avgcc – avg antivirus
avgas – avg again
SpySweeper –webroot spysweeper obviously
Search Protection – yahoo antispyware crap
TeaTimer – spybot’s antispyware protection
Weather – weather bug.. prob make your parents mad to see it gone if they installed it

everything else uncheck, click, apply, ok, and then click to restart on exit. Now just keep in mind this is going to disable some programs from automatically starting with windows. It will not remove anything from your computer and all of those programs can be started manually whenever you feel like it. The only other way to go about this is to start killing processes one by one and waiting to see if the bar goes away.. This can be very tedious and time consuming. Hopefully we can just take care of this in one quick step while at the same time speeding up your computer.

You know I should also mention you have insane amount of redundancy when it comes to malware/antivirus protection. You have MANY different programs running at the same time. If it were up to me I’d uninstall Windows Defender, Yahoo Search Protection, Spybot Search and Destroy (you can put it back on without the tea timer..). And that still leaves you AVG antivirus and Webroot Spysweeper. Up to you though, and I know it is a shared computer. But you should know that running a bunch of programs designed to do the same thing can cause instabilities if they conflict with one another.. which is really common.
Theorist
#31 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:10 AM
I always wondered what is those blank entries in the start up tab in msconfig. I had some, and I see sim simmer has some too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:10 AM
CCleaner did that. Don't worry about it. It's good to do cleanup every now and again. Don't worry it won't keep clearing it. Everything you save from now on will stay until you do another cleanup. I don't see any reason for you to not be on the computer. You don't have any spyware or viruses. You've just got an annoying program.

Oookay it would be easier to tell you what to keep..

KEEP:

MSASCui – windows defender
sHotKey – something that allows for extra buttons on your keyboard to work
avgcc – avg antivirus
avgas – avg again
SpySweeper –webroot spysweeper obviously
Search Protection – yahoo antispyware crap
TeaTimer – spybot’s antispyware protection
Weather – weather bug.. prob make your parents mad to see it gone if they installed it

everything else uncheck, click, apply, ok, and then click to restart on exit. Now just keep in mind this is going to disable some programs from automatically starting with windows. It will not remove anything from your computer and all of those programs can be started manually whenever you feel like it. The only other way to go about this is to start killing processes one by one and waiting to see if the bar goes away.. This can be very tedious and time consuming. Hopefully we can just take care of this in one quick step while at the same time speeding up your computer.

You know I should also mention you have insane amount of redundancy when it comes to malware/antivirus protection. You have MANY different programs running at the same time. If it were up to me I’d uninstall Windows Defender, Yahoo Search Protection, Spybot Search and Destroy (you can put it back on without the tea timer..). And that still leaves you AVG antivirus and Webroot Spysweeper. Up to you though, and I know it is a shared computer. But you should know that running a bunch of programs designed to do the same thing can cause instabilities if they conflict with one another.. which is really common.

Alright thanks for all your help and patience with me! :yippee: I'll keep and check the items you suggested.

Edit: (I did this today) Search protection came up twice so i kept both checked. I did what you said but when it restarted my computer, logged on to my account, the following message came up, after that message the system utility came up.

So i am guessing this will keep popping up, and i should just hit "don't show this message again" correct? <----Edit 2: I logged off just now and it indeed came up and i just checked the box to not show this again. Also i think the blank bar has gone away! I think we actually solved my problem!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! :cdance: :grouphug:

By the way should i go back and turn these back to what they were before i did what the steps below show? (see quote below)

Quote:
1)Open My docs. Go to tools -> folder options. Click the ‘view’ tab. Click “show hidden files and folders”. And “Display the contents of system folders” Click apply. Click ok.

2)Right click on “My computer”. Click properties. Click on the “system restore” tab. Click the box which says “turn off system restore”. Say okay to any warnings. Click apply. Click ok.
shiny!
retired moderator
#33 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 10:28 PM
Yeah I would click to don't show the message when windows starts. I'm glad to hear that the bar hasn't come back yet.. I hope it stays away!! :D

Yes I would backtrack on those #1 and #2 options and rehide the files and enable system restore.

Page 2 of 2