Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:04 PM
Default Sims Top Design Cycle 2- !!Scores Posted!! !!Winners Announced!!

We am inviting designers from around Sim land to join this competition and BECOME the next Top Designer
Have you ever seen the show Top Design on T.V when we aired last time? Well this contest is going to be run like the show did. Do you have what it takes to have the top design?
Each round will have its own room to design that you will have to build. A picture of the floor plan will be posted and then you will have a certain time period to design the room.

1.Follow all forum rules
2.No rudeness. Please remember that people as young as 13 use this forums.
3.Please do not just drop out without saying anything. Please PM me if possible.
4.Extensions may be given but not by more then 24 hours.
5.You may sharpen and add borders to your pictures but no other Photo editing is allowed.
6.Please remember that the Sim designer that you make has to be your own creation.
7.Please post your Sim name, your username, and round # in the title bar of the post or 2 points will be deducted.
8.If I have forgotten anything please don’t hesitate to ask.

This contest will run for a period of 30 days with each round being 4 days and the application being 6. Judging will be 1 day long. This will allow for 1 or 2 small extentions. If an extension will not be needed then we may have a 5th round.
Round dates will be added after the contest is approved.

Cinamun and I will be hosting this together. Cinamun’s Sim won last cycle and now she will be co- hosting with me. Any questions may be answered by her when I am not here which may be a bit more then usual.

There are 4 judges needed and 2 emergency judges. Please PM me to judge.
Judge 1: readysetgo88
Judge 2: Heilena
Judge 3: Cinamun
Judge 4: DirectorsCheese
Emergency Judge 1: annay49
Emergency Judge 2:

1. Gerbera- Gwyneth Hobbes- Application Round 1Round 2 Round 3 Eliminated

2.Chrstyfarie07- Kendra Anderson - Appliaction Round 1 Eliminated

3. pieridae- Plum Pendragon- Application Round 1 Round 2 Dropped Out

4. sawcarn- Diana Svenson- Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Drop Out

5.porcelainWhisper-Viola Ravenscry - Application Round 1Dropped Out

6.eedgan-Chiara Frederico- Application Round 1 round 2 Round 3 Round 4

7. romyhorse- Chris Cusiter - Application Round 1Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

8. redwing- K.C. Stevens- Application Round 1Round 2 Round 3 Eliminated

9.cassieandra - Shohei Lao’ghuy- Application Round 1Eliminated

10. Daltonism- Dean Alanso - application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Eliminated

11. bekpek- Salma Telfer- Application Round 1Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

12. SimsArtThat- Christopher Arden - Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

13. Chelleypie- Lila Thomas - Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Eliminated

14. IceAngel12891-Deliliah Core-Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

15. dannyboi888- Elisa Langley - Application Round 1 Dropped Out

16. bR0Oke_lynn- Alexa Daniels -
Application Round 1Eliminated

At the end of each round everyone will meet here and find out who has the top design for the round and who is getting eliminated.

Application:
For this round please introduce us to your designer.
Name:
Profession:
Design Style:
Picture of your Sim:
One picture of your designs that you have made for a house: Please show the finished results.

Other Rounds

Any donations will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 3:22 AM
Approved 7.18.07
Ends 8.18.07

***Do NOT post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.***

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 3:22 AM
I'm here. Lets get thoses applications rolling in.
#4 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:26 AM
Looks like a fun contest, I'm going to apply!
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:06 AM
In Italy that TV program doesn't exist so I haven't understood what we have to do in this contest. Could you please add an exempla???
#6 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:44 AM
annay (or Cin lol) when you say:

"One picture of your designs that you have made for a house: Please show the finished results."

Do you mean a room or a whole house? I'm guessing you mean a room, but I'm not sure. Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsArtThat
annay (or Cin lol) when you say:

"One picture of your designs that you have made for a house: Please show the finished results."

Do you mean a room or a whole house? I'm guessing you mean a room, but I'm not sure. Thanks

I just knew that would confuse someone. It confused me at first too. (I wrote this out very late at night) Well I do just mean one room as in this contest you will never be designing a whole house.

Vaalyah- well I can't give you an very good example but I can try to explain better. Each round you will be given one room and some details about the room. You may be given descriptions of people and their styles. I hope this makes more sence.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:42 PM
I am unfamiliar with the show too, but maybe this will help: Top Design website
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:00 PM
I am definately going to enter this this time. Last round I was unable to because of school, but its summer break now, so I can definately join :] Now I just have to get my designer and find the best room I've made..lol.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:30 PM
bring on the entries guys! Cant wait to see those rooms!
#11 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:55 PM
All right! Another design contest... I am definitely entering.
#12 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 7:54 PM
I am very stupid :D, but what does Profession mean? And Design style does it mean like classic, modern, ect.
Scholar
#13 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChrstyFarie07
I am very stupid :D, but what does Profession mean? And Design style does it mean like classic, modern, ect.

Profession is like what your sim does for a living, what their job is etc.

And design style is right!
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:47 PM
Default application
Ok, I'll start and hope many others will follow :P

---

Name: Gwyneth Hobbes
Short Bio: Gwyneth is the daughter of an architect and a teacher. She has always been quite a shy girl, only when she was drawing or singing something she was more outgoing. In school her favorite - and best - school subject had always been arts so she decided to study this at college as well.
Profession: student (major: arts)
Design Style: sleek and modern, but not hyper-modern, more cozy, with lots of wood
Picture of your Sim:

One picture of your designs that you have made for a house:

#15 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Profession is like what your sim does for a living, what their job is etc.

And design style is right!

Oh ok! Thank you!
#16 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:53 PM
I'm seriously considering this. Thanks for the clarification, annay, that's what I figured lol

I looked, but I didn't see an app deadline...may I ask when it is?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsArtThat
I'm seriously considering this. Thanks for the clarification, annay, that's what I figured lol

I looked, but I didn't see an app deadline...may I ask when it is?

I think the 23rd at midnight (-5 GMT) or longer depending on how soon we get 12 applicants. But it will not close before then.
#18 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 11:03 PM
Kendra Anderson- Chrstyfarie07- Application Round
Name: Kendra Anderson
Short Bio: I been designing houses since I was in college. At times I would be stuck in designing but sooner or later I will finish. I also have a partner who is also my husband, but he agrees not join the contest with me. I work 3 days a week and well I love it, even though it get tough sometimes.
Profession: Part Time Interior Designer
Design Style: Modern, "Beachy", and a sprinkle of Kendra
Picture of your Sim:

One picture of your designs that you have made for a house:

Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 1:30 AM
Default Plum Pendragon, pieridae, APPLICATION
Name: Plum Pendragon

Bio: Plum is ready to step out from the shadow of her older sister, model and owner of NV Design, Petunia Pendragon. Plum has always lingered in the background while Petunia built her career into a design empire, but now Plum is going to show the world what she's got in the Top Design competition! She considers herself just an average girl with a great eye for bold and funky designs.

Profession: Interior Designer

Design Style: Modern -- bold and fresh

Here is my first real design job: My own home office! I wanted a bright and colorful showcase to illustrate my own tastes and abilities.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 3:40 PM
Default Diana Svenson, sawcarn, application round
Name: Diana Svenson
Short Bio: My name is Diana, and I'm 34 years old. I'm a single mother to my lovely daughter Bethany. I've always loved decorating rooms and have done it for friends since I was a teen. This would be the step further for my designing skills.
Profession: Weightriss
Design Style: A mix'n'match of old and new, and striking to fit peoples personality.

#21 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:19 PM
Default Viola Ravenscry - (PorcelainWhisper) - Application Round

Name: Viola Ravenscry
Short Bio: I have recently relocated from my home town, New Orleans, and find myself in the amazingly beautiful state of Kentucky. I have been designing for about 6 years and have learned so much from my recent internship in Frankfort.
Profession: Interior Design
Design Style: Whatever my client has requested. My own home is a nice blend of boho, moroccan, and japanese.

Newest Room:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:31 PM
Great applications everyone. Sorry I have not been here as much as I've wanted to. I have been working on my website (maybe a little to much) But I'll make a contestant list right now.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:54 PM
ooOOooo...Porcelain...I love that blue brick with the yellow/ blue drapes...gorgeous!
#24 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM
I edited my application :D. I hope I did everything right
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 12:44 AM
Yep its fine. Just for future rounds please remember that no text is allowed in the pictures. But since there is no judging on Applications then your ok. Also for future refrence please post your sims name, your username, and round number in the title bar or 2 points will be deducted from judging. Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 16