Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 6:43 AM
I love your story! I've been following every chapter, but I also agree. Malcolm is not that well off and he's not that nice. I think your heroine may be in for a rough ride with him!!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 8:21 AM
He's stayed fairly well-behaved in my game, so there are no sprogs to watch out for just yet. As for the money issue... well, let's just say this isn't the first time I've played Malcolm...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 5:23 PM
Default Chapter 5 - Changing For The Better?

“Are you completely insane?” I cried. “We’ve only known each other a few weeks, and all of a sudden you want to move in?”

“Yes! Look, I know this seems sudden, but it just feels right to me. Don’t you agree?”

“I don’t know, Malcolm. This is a big decision for me, I need to think. I’ll call you, okay?”

“Oh, ok. Yeah, that’s fine. I’ll speak to you later.” Malcolm wandered off down the road, looking dejected. For a moment I wondered where he was going, because his house was in the other direction, but I guessed he was going into work.

After mooching around the house all day, I decided I needed to talk to someone.

“Hey, Claudia, it’s Beth. I was wondering if I could come over later? I kind of need to talk.”

“Sure you can, honey! Is everything ok? You sound really upset.”

“I’m ok, just a little confused. I’ll explain everything when I get there.”

As I walked up Claudia’s drive, an elderly woman rushed out of the front door to greet me.

“Hello, darling, you must be Beth! Claudia’s told me so much about you! I’m Patricia, Claudia’s mother. I’d love to introduce you to my husband, but I’m afraid he’s working at the moment.”

“It’s lovely to meet you, Patricia,” I smiled, though I thought to myself, who works at nine in the evening?

Claudia must have seen me talking to her mother, because before I could even get to the door to ring the bell, she came running outside and gave me a huge hug.

“Hey Beth, how are you?”

“Having difficulty breathing!” I replied, laughing.

“Sorry!” She released me from her bear hug. “You just sounded so down on the phone. Come in, I’ll just put Jamie to bed and we can have a proper chat.”

“This is Jamie.” She scooped up a beautiful little boy from the floor. He was seriously cute, with his mummy’s pale skin and dark hair.

“I’ll just take him up and get him settled, make yourself at home in the kitchen and I’ll be down in a few.”

As I walked through the house into the kitchen, I couldn’t help but notice all the expensive statues and strange looking gadgets dotted around the house, and wondered just what it was Claude’s dad did.

“So,” she said, settling down across the table from me, “What’s the matter?”

“It’s Malcolm. He wants to move in with me.”

“Wow, that’s great!” she cried, until she saw the look on my face. “Isn’t it?”

“I don’t know. I mean, I’ve never lived with a guy before, I don’t even know if I’m ready for that sort of relationship. Don’t you think it’s a bit soon?” I asked. “We’ve only been seeing each other a weeks!”

“That’s true, honey, but… well I’ve lived here for a few years and Malcolm’s been with quite a few girls, and you’re the only one he’s been with for more than a week!”

“Telling me he’s been around isn’t helping, Claude!”

“What I mean is, in the time I’ve known him, Malcolm’s never lived with ANYONE. Ever. So if he wants to live with you… well, I’d guess that was pretty serious.”

“Never? I guess he could be serious then… I just don’t know. Do you think I should do this?”

“Beth, it’s not my decision! You have to follow your heart.”

“Claude! Help me! Hypothetically, what would you do?”

“For goodness sake. Ok, fine, fine... All I’m going to say is, after Jamie’s dad died, it made me realise that you don’t get second chances in life. Sometimes, if the feelings right, you know when you have to take a risk. And, if it feels wrong, then you know that you have to hurt someone.”

“You’re right, Claude. I know you are. It’s just gonna be so hard.”

“Ok hun, call me if you need me.”

“Thanks Claudia. See you soon!”

As I left Claudia’s house, I met Patricia in the hall.

“Going home, dear?” she asked.

“Yes, I have something to do I’m afraid. I though Claudia put Jamie to bed?”

“Oh, he can’t sleep without a cuddle from his Nana!” she replied, jiggling the yawning toddler on her knee.

Poor Claudia, I thought. She can’t even look after her own baby without her parents interfering.

“Well, goodnight Patricia.”

“Night, dear.”

I couldn’t help but break into a run as I left Claudia’s house. I knew exactly what I had to do, now I just had to find the courage to do it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 5:41 PM
Default Chapter 5 - Part 2

“Hey, Malcolm, it’s me. We need to talk.”

“Ok. What’s up? Have you decided anything?”

“Yeah, I have. But I think you’d better come over to hear it.”

“Ok, sure. I’ll be over in a few.”

“See you in a minute, then. Oh, and Malcolm?”

“Yeah?”

“Bring suitcases.”

Malcolm arrived about ten minutes later, with hastily packed bags.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” he asked.

“I’ve never been surer.” I replied, and hugged him.

Malcolm smiled as he pulled her close to him. It seemed he had finally landed on his feet. He just hoped Beth never found out his little secret…
Instructor
#30 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 2:06 AM
Oh dear, I don't like secrets, what's Malcolm got up his sleeve that's smelling a bit fishy :hmm:

Good story aryxa

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 2:35 PM
oooh secrets! Now it's getting interesting
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 6:57 PM
Whoops... I'm having some picture size issues so bear with the links while I fix them!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 8:55 PM
hmm, secrets....what secrets could he have.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:03 PM
Default Chapter 6 - Refurbishments

“Hey sweetie,” Malcolm called to me from the dining room. “I heard that Belle’s Boutique has had a renovation, fancy going to check it out?”

“I’d love to hun, but it’d just make me want to buy clothes, and you know I can’t afford it.”

“Well I can,” he grinned. “The sale of my house completed today, and what better way to celebrate than to thoroughly spoil my favourite lady?”

“I don’t need spoiling,” I smiled, “but I’m sure if I see something pretty, you could persuade me to let you buy it for me…”

Belle’s looked lovely, but it seemed they hadn’t really bothered to clear out the drab clothes on the rails!

I managed to find some nice things, and even persuaded Malcolm to splash out on some new clothes.

The things some people wear! She must be freezing! She kept bugging Malcolm too, flicking her hair this way and that. Finally he shooed her away, and she swished out of the door, wiggling her bum as she went.

Back home, I fixed us some fresh fruit and bran flakes.

“Nice job they’ve done, isn’t it?” said Malcolm between mouthfuls.

“It’s lovely. I wish I could give this place a spruce.”

“Well, why don’t you?”

“I can barely afford new clothes, Malcolm! Today was the first time I’ve bought new clothes in ages, and you paid for those, and that makeup. I bought one outfit when I got here and that stretched my savings. I don’t have the money to do up the house.”

“Well why don’t I pay for it?”

“You're sweet, but don’t be ridiculous. You’re not paying to do up my house.”

“Well, I live here too, so technically it’s my house as well. And I’m happier when you’re happy, and redecorating the house would make you happy. So, we’re doing it.”

“What did I do to deserve someone like you? New clothes and decorating all in one day?”

“You must have been a very good girl in a past life.” he smiled. “And anyway, just because you live on a farm doesn’t mean you have to look like a farmer, do you?”

“Uh… I guess not.” I replied, deciding not too take the farmer comment to heart. He didn’t mean to be hurtful, it was probably just a slip of the tongue, right?

And I had to admit, it did feel nice to do my hair and put some makeup on. Everyone likes a little pampering!

That evening, Malcolm prepared a freshly caught fish, and Claudia came over for dinner.

“You know, Malcolm, it’s so nice to see you settled down at last. I mean, I don‘t know a girl in the neighbourhood who you haven‘t-”

“Watch it, Claudia!” he chuckled, “We wouldn’t want my perfect reputation smudged for poor Beth, would we?”

“I don’t know, I’d quite like to hear about your bachelor days!” I teased.

“Well, if you’re going to spread vicious, totally untrue and entirely-not-based-on-fact slander about me… I may as well go pick tomatoes!” Malcolm grinned, kissed me on the cheek, and disappeared outside, leaving Claudia and me in the kitchen.

I hope Claudia doesn’t say too much, thought Malcolm. Or, I hope all the money I'm spending on Beth makes her think I’ve changed my ways!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:16 PM
Wow, when did this get 5 stars?! Cheers!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:05 PM
Default Chapter 7 - Revelations
Some censored swearing in here guys... you have been warned!

“Hey, sweetie. Have you been waiting up for me?” Malcolm curled up on the bed next to me.

“I couldn’t sleep” I replied. “I’ve hardly seen you lately, and I’ve missed you.”

“I’m sorry darling, I’ve just been so swamped at work, training up my new manager. It’ll all be over soon, don’t worry.”

Malcolm had passed the majority of the responsibility of his business over to his new manager, who apparently needed a lot of help getting settled into the workings of the club. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too long before Malcolm could leave him in charge and spend more time with me at home.

“But enough about my boring day,” said Malcolm, pulling me down onto the bed. “Why don’t you show me just how much you’ve missed me?”

A few days later, I was on my way out, leaving Malcolm to tidy up and tend the garden.

“Malcolm?” I called up the stairs, “I’m going shopping with Claudia, I’ll see you in about three hours, ok?”

“Ok honey, have a nice time!”

As it turns out, I only spent about an hour with Claudia. I felt really tired for some reason, so I thought it would be better to call it a day, and slob out on the sofa for a while.

Bless, Malcolm had left me some flowers by the door.

To my darling, last night was amazing. I can’t wait to see you again. K x

That was weird. The delivery guy must have got the wrong address. I took the flowers into the kitchen and put them in the sink to keep fresh, then headed towards the lounge to find the phone number of the local florist.

“Malcolm, are you home?” I called. “Some idiot delivery guy left - WHAT THE-?!”

As soon as Malcolm saw me, he leapt off the sofa (or rather, leapt off the strange girl on the sofa).

“Beth! You’re home early!”

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” I yelled. “Shall I go out for another hour and give you a chance to clean up?!!”

“Malcolm, what’s going on?” said the half dressed stranger on my sofa. “Is this your maid?”

“No, I am not his f*cking maid! I’m his girlfriend!!”

“WHAT?!” screamed the girl, scooping up her clothes from the floor. “I can’t believe you, Malcolm! You told me this was your country house!”

As she ran out of the house, swearing at Malcolm and pulling her top on, I felt the anger bubbling up inside my chest.

“Get out of my house.” I said slowly, grinding my teeth.

“YOUR house? I think you’re forgetting, I paid for this house! I paid for everything in it!”

“I never asked for any of this! Just because you like to splash your money about! Yes, having a pretty house is nice, but you know what’s nicer? Having a boyfriend who doesn’t sleep around with cheap tarts!”

“Hazel is not a tart!”

“Hazel…?” My mind flicked back to the flowers in the sink.

To my darling, last night was amazing. I can’t wait to see you again. K x

“Who else have you been sleeping with, Malcolm?”

“What? No-one, I swear, it was just one mistake-”

“Malcolm, who is K?!”

“Have you been spying on me, you b*tch!”

Malcolm slapped me full across the face with all his might. It was all I could do not to fall, but I was determined not to let him see any weakness in me.

“Get out. Now.”

“I’m not leaving this house.”

“Get out, or I’ll call the police and have you arrested for assault.” I could feel the bruise spreading across my eye.

“You wouldn’t dare…” His voice sounded doubtful.

“Try me.”

Malcolm quivered.

“Baby, come on. You can’t do this to me! Where would I go?”

“I don’t care! Get a hotel, stay at one of your tart’s houses!”

“I can’t afford a hotel!”

“What?”

“I don’t have any money left, Beth. I spent it all on you, I thought if I bought you all these things you wouldn’t notice if I was late home sometimes, or if I spent a lot of time at work…”

Realization hit me hard in the chest, and I felt completely stupid. How could I not see this coming?

“If you throw me out,” Malcolm continued, “I’ll have nothing. You can’t do this to me.”
“You’re right, I can’t. I won’t leave you with nothing.”

Malcolm smiled, and moved towards me, his arms open to hug me.

“You can take your f*cking sofa with you.” I scowled.

Malcolm visibly crumpled. He knew he’d lost everything.

I watched Malcolm’s taxi leave from the lounge window. I couldn’t bring myself to speak to him, but I’d watched him pack, locked the door behind him, and seen him kick over the trash can in anger. I couldn’t even bring myself to go pick it up yet. I didn’t care if it got roaches. I didn’t care what I ate that night. I didn’t care about anything.

Half an hour later, the moving van arrived to collect the sofa. They were going to sell it and deliver the money to Malcolm at the club. I assumed that would be where he was sleeping.

Once the delivery men had left, I stood in the spot where our sofa had been, where Malcolm and I had sat and watched TV, the sofa we made out on, the sofa he’d cheated on me on, who knows how many times. In the newly emptied, cold room, I stood and cried and cried.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 1:38 PM
Awww poor Beth

That line cracked me up tho. i won't leave you with nothing “You can take your f*cking sofa with you.” LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 3:43 PM
Default Chapter 8 - A new beginning
Please ignore any furniture discrepancies in this chapter... I had some game issues!

I did my gardening at night for the next few days. I didn’t want to see anyone and have to explain why Malcolm had gone or why my left eye was now a violent shade of purple.

I began eating constantly. It was like a comfort to me. All I seemed to do was eat and sleep. I stayed in my pajamas for about four days. I started putting on weight, which I hadn’t done for years.

Every now and then I got these insane urges to clean everything. It was like I wanted every trace of Malcolm scrubbed out of my house. I was getting really chubby, my stomach nearly grazed the counter, but I didn’t care.

One morning, my doorbell rang as I was taking a nap on top of the bed after exhausting myself cleaning (I still couldn’t bring myself to get under the covers. I kept thinking about whether Malcolm had had other women in there.)

“Beth! Get down here now!” yelled Claudia from outside. “I haven’t seen or heard from you in days, come on! Open the door!”

I stuffed my head under a pillow and tried to ignore her. I knew she was just looking out for me, but I really didn’t want to see anyone.

“Fine!” she shouted, “if you’re not going to let me in, I’m just going to have to sit out here! Hm, it’s kinda dull out here. Maybe I should sing to amuse myself? Jimmy crack corn, and I don’t care, Jimmy crack corn and I don’t care…

D*mn her, she knows I hate that song! I dragged myself out of bed and went down to open the door.

I opened the door silently, and turned to go into the kitchen.

“Beth, what’s going on? I haven’t heard from you for days, I haven’t seen you since Malcolm left…”

“How did you know he left?”

“Honey, the taxis are loud enough, but he kicked your trashcan about eight times before he left. He wasn’t exactly discreet.”

I laughed bitterly, and turned to face her.

“I don’t think discreet is his style.”

“WHAT THE H*LL?! Did that pr**k do that to you?”

“Yeah…”

“I’m gonna f*cking kill him. I swear to God… where is he?!”

“Claude, calm down. He’s gone, and he’s not coming back. That’s all that matters.”

Claudia’s eyes flicked down to my podgy belly.

“Um.. Beth, when did that happen?”

“Oh, I guess I’ve not really been taking care of myself. I need to eat better.”

“Beth, how’ve you been feeling lately?”

“Apart from mad as hell? Tired, I guess, and hungry a lot. Oh, and I’m peeing all the bloody time.”

“Uh-huh. And how many times have you thrown up this week?”

“What?”

“Just answer me.” Claude replied, looking more and more worried.

“Three or four… Claude, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me now.”

“Beth… don’t you think you might be… pregnant?”

“Don’t be silly,” I replied, “I’m just a little run down… I just… sh*t.” My explanations ran out, and it dawned on me. I was pregnant!

“No, no, no… this is wrong, this is all wrong…” I wailed. I couldn’t be pregnant now, not with him!

“Ssh, it’s ok,” Claude put her arm around me, “We’ll sort this out. You’re not on your own. I’ll help you, Mum’ll help you, you know how much she loves babies… it’s going to be ok, Beth.”

I stood in Claudia’s arms, crying my eyes out. I wasn’t ready for this, but it seemed I had no other choice.

“I don’t want his baby!” I bawled.

“It’s not his baby, Beth. It’s yours. It’s a tiny person, and it belongs to you. If I know Malcolm, he won’t want anything to do with it, and I’ll tell you something - if your eye is anything to go by, it’s better like that. You need to forget about him. And I’m going to help. The first thing we have to do is get rid of everything that he bought for this house. Go upstairs and have a bath, and I’m going to bring some catalogues over. This is your fresh start, Beth. It could be the best thing that ever happened to you.”

With that, Claude ran me a bath, and as she pored over furniture magazines downstairs, I lay in the tub and ran my hands over my belly, which had changed from an inert lump of extra fat, to a living, mysterious entity. It seemed to tingle with the unknown. I laid back, hand resting over my belly button, and tried to visualise all the bad feeling floating away with the bathwater, replaced by a white light. It was hard, but eventually I began to feel more positive about this baby. I climbed out of the now lukewarm bath, pruney fingered, still apprehensive, but happier than I’d felt for days.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 5:11 PM
whoa...nice black eye!...see Malcohlm(sp) is no good, and butt ugly...*snickers*.....they always get left with a baby don't they.....lets hope it looks like her at least....good update
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 5:20 PM
I know, he has a seriously scary brow going on... I have a horrible feeling the baby's going to have the Maxis caterpillar brows, too... as long as that's all it has I don't mind!
Instructor
#41 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:28 AM
Malcolm deserves a good kick up the bum that's for sure, what a so and so :mean:

I hope Beth makes it through okay with the pregnancy :hmm:

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:16 AM
I didn't realize there was more to go when i commented , sorry about that. I really like Beth and her friend so that says a lot about your writing style I'm liking this story..casual and down to earth...like me lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 11:28 AM
Default Chapter 9 - Chloe

The next few months were a bit of a blur. I spent most of my days tidying up the house, gardening and fishing. It felt really good to get rid of all the old stuff and have something that was just mine.

It seemed like the baby was even improving my fishing! I’d never seen one that big before. I’d hang it on the wall if my pregnancy hadn’t made me so hungry all the time.

Urgh! Maybe my fishing hadn’t improved that much… how did that even get in my pond?!

Claudia called one evening late into my pregnancy.

“Hey preggers! How are you feeling?”

“Fat,” I replied, “and tired, and hungry, and I can’t stop peeing. Apparently my bladder’s in the baby’s way, so she’s decided to kick it constantly.”

“She? I thought you didn’t know the sex?”

“Well, officially, no, but I just have this feeling. So how are you?”

“Jamie said his first word today.”

“Claude, that’s great! What did he say?!”

“Dada.”

The silence hung heavy in the air.

“Oh, honey. Don’t feel bad, a lot of the books say that’s likely to be their first word. It’s easier to say, apparently…”

“I know, it’s not that. It’s just… that made me realise that one day I’m going to have to explain where Jamie’s daddy is, and I don’t think I can.”

“Honey, Jamie had a great daddy, and it’s nobody’s fault that he’s not here. When the time comes, you’ll be able to tell him everything about how wonderful his daddy was, and how much he would have loved him. It’s not easy, hon, I know it’s not. It’s going to be sad, and you’ll probably both cry, but you’re going to be able to tell him everything.”

Claude was crying on the other end of the line.

“I guess so, Beth. It’s just… no-one ever said it was going to be this hard, you know?”

I smiled bitterly. “You don’t have to tell me that, Claude.”

We chatted for another half an hour or so, until I felt my eyelids drooping.

“I’m gonna have to love you and leave you, Claude, I’m exhausted.”

“Ok, Beth, you take care of yourself.”

“You too. Do you fancy coming over tomorrow?”

“Sure. I’ll call you in the morning. Night!”

I clambered into bed in my faithful old pj’s (the only ones that fitted over my huge bump!) and climbed into bed. I swear, if I got any bigger I’d have to winch myself in and out.

I woke up at ten to five the next morning with the most unbelievable pains in my stomach. As soon as I brought myself up to a sitting position, my waters broke.

“AAAAOOOEEWW!” I screamed. There was no way I’d get to a hospital in time, let alone get downstairs to the phone. The baby was coming, now.

Two hours, a lot of pain, and a quick visit from the paramedics later, and there she was. My little girl. Chloe.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:54 PM
This is an awesome story!! I just read it the whole way through and I love it! I simply can not wait to read more Happy simsing!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:14 PM
Thanks Panda! I've just taken some shots for the next update, should be up soon!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:34 PM
uh-oh, your sim baby got the caterpillar eyebrows too lol...must say tho...like mother like daughter
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:00 PM
Those bloomin eyebrows haunt me! She grew up yesterday, and we had to have a quick surgery too... though nothing as bad as yours! I'm not putting the before shots in the story, I'm just going to pretend the kid was never an uggo ... I still don't get how the genetics can go THAT wrong!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:28 PM
'bloomin' LOL my granddad says that and mum says blimmin yes i'm from a long line of poms, they migrated here when mum was 6
the term uggo cracked me up too...i really hope you took a pic of the uggo anyway so we can check it out give us a laugh lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:42 PM
Default Chapter 10 - Growing up fast

I couldn't get over this little girl. When I think about how scared I was when I found out I was pregnant, I can hardly believe how happy I was now. She was perfect.

The only thing that was similar to Malcolm was her eyes. They both had a steely blue tint, but that was ok. Soon I'd stop seeing them as Malcolm's eyes and start seeing them as Chloe's.

Time flew by, and, even though I had less time for it, my garden had sparked an interest in the local Garden Club. They wanted to offer me a membership, and soon they were popping round every week or so to check on my progress.

They seemed really impressed with my vegetable plot, and the Chair, Tiffany Zarubin, even gave me some interesting recipies to try.

The weirdest one involved cucumbers. Picked at midnight, she said, they would produce a drink with the qualities of a love potion.

I thought it sounded a bit far-fetched, but why not give it a try? Looking after Chloe was exhausting and a fresh juice perk might help, and if my some miracle it did work, Claudia and I could go out on the town and have a laugh.

To be honest, I did't feel much different, although I swore every time I turned around I caught a floating loveheart in the corner of my eye...

Chloe was growing up fast. Before I knew it she was toddling around the house, a beautiful little girl in her terrible two's stage.

As she grew, she began to look less and less like her father, which was such a relief.

I started teaching her to walk, talk, and use a potty. She was a fast learner and never stopped smiling. I realised that my life now was soley based around my little girl; nothing else in the world meant more to me.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
'bloomin' LOL my granddad says that and mum says blimmin yes i'm from a long line of poms, they migrated here when mum was 6
the term uggo cracked me up too...i really hope you took a pic of the uggo anyway so we can check it out give us a laugh lol

Lol well I was born and raised in good ol' blighty, and seeing as I can't swear like I normally would on here... I guess bloomin' will have to do!

As requested... uggo photo! You can't tell from this shot but from the side her face was completely flat... urgh.

Page 2 of 11