Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 2:59 PM
Default Mei-Lin, Puppet Master.
[ author’s note: my mother language is not English, so I apologise for any possible misspellings or grammatically incorrect sentences. Apart from that, please keep in mind that this is a horror story in some way, and will contain a few transgressive things like homosexuality. Refrain from reading if such things bother you. But most of all, I hope you will enjoy the story! ]

Mei-Lin, Puppet Master.

introduction.

There was something vile and wicked in this house.
Something unbalanced, impossible.
There was something that belonged in Hell.

The walls were ringing, shaking, trembling, singing. Screaming out in ferocious hunger. The attic’s bloodied hands of misery wrapped around my neck, choking me. I was terrified yet drawn to it.

So I surrendered to my emotions. I walked and walked, until my feet could hardly move anymore.

And I found her.

Beauty amidst destruction. She was unbelievable, perfect, catering to my every desire. With her lifeless eyes and rose-touched lips, she asked me to stay with her forever.

I said yes. . . what else could I have done?

She was my guardian angel, protecting me from all that tried to harm me.

When I said yes. . . I never knew there would be a day I regretted my answer.

When I said yes. . . I signed my own death.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:01 PM
Oooo, this is cool :D
#3 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:02 PM
Excellent writing. Love the pictures. I wanna know what happens next. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:04 PM
Wow, that was fast! Thankyou, Anne and Rayline! :valentine

Your comments made me blush! I was terribly nervous posting the story! :D

Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:21 PM
Wow...those pictures are absolutely amazing. I'm a sucker for supernatural/horror stories anyway, but yours is particularly good. You just gained a reader

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#6 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:25 PM
So many Dutchies on this site. :D
#7 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:32 PM
((DUTCH ROCKS))

I hope you'll update soon.
Inventor
#8 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:43 PM
Ohhhhh, awesome start. I can't wait for more!
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:48 PM
Excellent start! Nice premise for a story. Great descriptive use of the English language!

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:01 PM
loved it, i wanna see more!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:06 PM
Very interesting! Can't wait for an update.
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 8:30 PM
Oh wow, this looks like a really great story.

Please continue

Auroraspirit :angel:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 8:37 PM
Thankyou for your sweet comments, everyone, and for taking the time to read my story. It's making me smile :valentine

I'm working hard on chapter one now, it should be finished by tomorrow or the day after, I'll do my best :D

I'm glad you like it so far.

Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 10:01 PM
This looks very very promissing! definately I'll be reading this.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:14 PM
wow, looks awesome!!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 1:29 AM
Dorka, this looks fantastic! Your pictures are beautiful, and the story is really intruiging. I can't wait to see what happens (and maybe understand what's going on!). Ooh, I wonder what the title has to do with the story...

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#17 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:59 AM
:knightOMG!! how cool more!!:dsausage:
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 7:43 AM
Ooh, my kind of story! do more soon please
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:35 AM
Wow! Gorgeous pictures, intriguing storyline, BEAUTIFUL use of words... man, this is great! Hope you manage to update soon!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:24 AM
awesome! and it contains two of my fave words, wicked and master of puppets i want to read more!
btw, where did you get the clothes in the third pic?
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:07 PM
when is the next update?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:07 PM
Wow, thank you every one! -blushes-

The pics are finished, the chapter has been written completely, but the text doesn't flow that well yet so I'm still nitpicking over it. But there will definitely be an update today!

wicked_t0y - the skirt is from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=165229
and the shirt: http://www.simsbysarhra.com/

assuming you meant that outfit?

:D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 5:30 PM
Default Chapter one
[ note: here it is, chapter one! Still not happy with it: I could not take as many pictures as I had wanted, especially at the end. I’ll keep my chapters short so I can update often though! It may be confusing and weird so far, but it will get better I promise! ]

Chapter one: through a doll's eyes.

She found me on a rainy day, with pearls of water cascading from her cranium. I remember her scared eyes — dark inkwells scanning the attic, not knowing what to expect.

She was a child, then. I am still the same.

Her name is Mei-Lin Mahler. Why does a Chinese girl like she have a German surname you ask? Because her father is German. A strong and unreligious man he is, working in the military. His career is the reason for our constant moving — Mei-Lin’s feet must have touched more continents than the average girl.

I hate him. Then again, I hate everyone.

Last week we have left for Japan, where we will probably live no more than ten months judging our past stays. This is why I must protect Mei-Lin — she never has friends nor gets to do what normal children do.

So here I stand alone in a corner, between a broom, dustpan and spare rolls of cardboard and felt paper. In the closet, staring at chairs, desks, doors and windows that pour light into the deserted classroom.

My Mei-Lin. She is my puppet, as much as I am hers. Our fingers play each other’s heartstrings like melancholic instruments. In fact, I want to pull them right now, and twirl the rivulets of her hair into rings for all my fingers.

She is my music, and she should never stop. Never leave. . . never sleep.

I do not know what I would do without her. . . oh, perhaps I do.

I am holy in her eyes. And I can do whatever I want.

Suddenly, voices echo through the room, and when I lift my chin, I see a group of curious girls has gathered around Mei-Lin.

“Hey there, homework girl. You are new, aren’t you?”

“Can you even speak Japanese?!”

“She looks Chinese. . .”

I have to keep them away from her, at all cost. They will harm her, I know.

Snobs. . .

“Leave her alone,” I hiss.

“Motoko!” my Mei-Lin says calmly.

Her melody is soothing and comforting, unlike the shrill voice boxes of tardiness that jarred me out of my daydream. Her shy expression tells me she wants me to stop. 'Motoko, won't you leave me alone for once?'

No. Never.

The girls’ eyes clamp to my face, bringing an embarrassed blush to Mei-Lin’s cheeks but not to mine. I can feel cacophonies of tittering insults bubbling up in their throats and see the disdain spreading from their pouted lips.

But it matters not, for I fear no one. I send them my foulest look, and then they’re gone. With their perfectly combed hairs, pleated skirts and gleaming shoes.

I feel green with envy. They are better than I am. . . because they are alive.

#24 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 5:34 PM
Love it :D
Alchemist
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 6:53 PM
Amazing storytelling and beautiful pictures. A posessive doll! *gets Chucky vibes* although this is so much more..ethereal.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Page 1 of 15