Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 12:22 PM
My Sim, The Moron (Chapter 6, final chapter, now up)
Okay, so I've finally worked up the courage to post a story here. Now this is my first story & it's rather short (I don't think there'll be more than one or two more chapters), so I hope that doesn't bother too many people. Additionally, my graphics card at the moment bites (& the motherboard too), so I apologize in advance for the awful pictures, but until I can afford to upgrade, they're all I have.
So here is my story:

My Sim, The Moron
Chapter One

Hello there. My name is Pathos, and I am a cat. You idiotic humans & sims are completely unaware of this, but you guys do not own us. We own YOU! Now, my sim is Lynn Adams, who is particularly stupid, even for a sim, but I love her and she is MY sim.

I share Lynn with two other cats, Logos (a tomcat *shudder*) and Ethos (another female *purr*). I put up with Logos because Ethos is my friend, & she has been going on & on about how she's in love with him & wants to have his kittens. Ugh. Why on earth would any cat want to have kittens? I mean we have a serious problem with overpopulation already, no thanks to the sims & humans. Besides, kittens are so annoying & needy... kind of like dogs. Ew.
I have digressed too far from the point of my story, however: Lynn is a moron.

*author's note: kudos to you who know where I got the cats' names*

Now you may be asking (in all your inferior intelligence) exactly what makes Lynn so stupid. Well, dummies, that's what I'll be explaining to you very soon, so keep your seats. Now for the back story, which is important, as all cats know, in our superior intelligence. When Ethos, Logos, Lynn & I moved to Pleasantview, we were pretty happy, but Lynn (that dummy) had to go and mess everything up. Well, at least she feeds & cuddles us, but she subscribes to this ridiculous notion of loving "all" animals. Yeah... except roaches. Phaw! I have never understood sims' & humans' moronic attitude towards canines. They're even less intelligent than you! Why would you want to associate with such a creature, when it doesn't even feed you? Needless to say, (well, I do need to say it, or you stupid humans will never understand) Lynn began allowing canines into our small condo. They destroyed the couch. Idiots. At least Lynn was smart enough to replace the thing after they demolished it.

The "normal" canines, however, I could put up with, but what does this idiotic sim do, but let a WOLF into the house. I mean, the wolves are least a bit more intelligent than other canines, but they're DANGEROUS! Only the dumbest of the dumb would let one in.
Well that's my Lynn - the dumbest of the dumb.

Now, now. I know what you stupid people are thinking. Well, maybe you're not. Who knows what goes on inside your tiny minds? Either way, this crazy wolf did NOT turn Lynn into a werewolf. In this one case, her luck (which probably rubbed off on her from Ethos, Logos & I) managed to outweigh her stupidity.

*Coming Soon: Chapter Two!
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 2:50 PM
Not sure what I think of this story. On the one hand, I think Pathos may be the wrong choice of narrator. She's entirely misnamed and possesses an ego far too large for her feline body. However, her assessment of her owner's intelligence may not be that far off if Lynn's wearing that purple bustier top with so many animals about.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:00 PM
Now cappyboy - don't be mean!

Pathos may or may not be misnamed (after all, Pathos is a term original developed by Aristotle to describe argument through creating emotion - and Pathos does speak very emotively; you can feel her anger, annoyance, etc.). Besides, how can you blame the cat? Her Sim, the moron, named her.

Anyway kristal, I think its definitely inventive and a different perspective. I wonder if the other 2 will be narrating at any point? The story doesn't quite seem to have much meat to it yet, but its just the introductory chapter so early days.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:03 PM
Well its an interesting perspective, a story from a cats view. And cats do seem to give off this strange superior impression (or is it just me? I have two cats...) Lets see how it develops.

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:07 PM
To be honest, Pathos was based off of a real cat, who belonged to myself & my ex-husband. Perhaps misnamed. I added Ethos & Logos because their names were complimentary to hers. Thank you for the feedback.

Um, about the purple top... lol I hadn't thought about that, but it's funny, which works. I chose Pathos as the narrator (after a lot of thought on it) because I thought it would be more humorous that way, rather than having Lynn narrate, or go with 3rd person. (It's not meant to be a serious work.)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:09 PM
Who's being mean? I was just giving an honest reaction. Mean would be just be attacking stuff at random and possibly include getting personal. Things that are not in my nature. I can't stand purposefully mean people. Granted, this is just a beginning and things may shape up once they get going in earnest. Still, this doesn't feel like the hook it could be to me. Just gonna have to look back and see how things shape up I guess.
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:57 PM
A more in-depth reply, this time:

cappyboy - I didn't think you were being mean. It was good constructive criticism. It would just be strange, I think, to change narrators in the middle of the story. I might, but I just think perhaps no one is "getting" the sense of humor I'm trying to use in this story. Oh well... *sigh* I figured if I posted a story it would be crap. Others suggested I shouldn't feel that way, but perhaps my first instinct was right.

skylark - I wasn't intending to have the other two narrate, but now you've given me an idea to chew on, since cappyboy suggested Pathos was not the best choice of narrator. Having the cat narrate was certainly intended to be something different, which is part of why I chose to do so. Well, that and the idea of what a cat would think of all this was what really got me giggling to myself when I was coming up with this story. I thought it would be less interesting from Lynn's perspective.

Lollipop Girl - Yes, cats give off a superior impression, which is why Pathos' attitude is such. Actually, the real cat she was based off of seemed to have the typical cat's superior attitude times 100. lol

To all of you: I'm glad you read it & responded. I hope the next chapters will not disappoint.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:21 PM
Thank you, Kristal. It did seem that Skylark's reprimand was a mite harsh. Glad you understand where I'm coming from. And I'm not knocking the idea of using of one of the cats as narrator. Just personally I'd have liked hearing more from Ethos than Pathos. Although since Skylark brought it up, having each of the cats give their input on their owner could be fun. With the snotty attitude Pathos has, I can see an all-out narrator brawl happening at some point.
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:35 PM
Default Cats rule
kristalshyt I'm really glad that you put this story up. It's really kind of scary at first, but you'll be glad you did. Great concept! I'm hooked and can't wait to see what happens next.
P.S. I'm owned by two felines, Boss and Brusier.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 6:08 PM
I have a thought. Perhaps one of the less egotistic cats could narrate! Maybe not Logos, but maybes Ethos? That way she could talk about Pathos's attitude and joke about it etc. . . there might be some more story. how she's torn between an alley cat and Pathos *insert mini violin* or something . . . .ladadadada you get the picture! Just a suggestion!
<33
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 6:22 PM
cool, a cat narrating a story.. this is something i definitely have to read.. and i find quite HUMUROUS the way that tiny cat speaks with such ego... i like the story, waiting for chap 2
wicked
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:45 PM
Haha, you've written Pathos just perfectly, very... cat. I like it, it's a good start! It might be interesting, as others have suggested, to have all three cats taking it in turns to narrate or something, but it's really up to you - it'll be good either way.
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 10:46 PM
Aw... thank you all for your comments. :D

cappyboy - To be honest, I haven't developed Ethos or Logos as main characters, just secondary ones, so that would delay updates, but I'll think about it.

Montridge - Thank you. I think cats are a way of reminding us humans that we are not the gods we think we are. lol

ooshinaynay - Hmmmm.... What makes you think either of the other two cats would be less egotistical? lol Again, I haven't really developed them, but this is definitely something to chew on before I put up another chapter.

wicked_t0y - Thank you for your kind words. :D

Loco - I will be mulling over that idea for the rest of the day. I'm trying to figure out how to develop the characters of the other two cats, as I really only focused on Pathos to begin with.
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:42 AM
My Sim, The Moron; Chapter Two
My Sim, The Moron
Chapter Two

Oh no. I see Pathos has started telling you about Lynn. Well, I am Ethos, and I'm here to give you a better perspective. First I need to change the title:

Our Sim Is Misguided

There! Much better. Now Lynn, you see, may not be blessed with the amount of intelligence that cats have, but Pathos has completely misrepresented her. You see, in her mind, there was nothing wrong with bringing wolves & dogs into the house, as they did no harm to her. Although, they did rip the couch to shreds. *sniffle* I loved that couch. Logos & I used to sit on it all the time.

Well, I think perhaps I should actually pick up where Pathos left off, since she got most of the facts right. I just disagree with her opinion about Lynn.

Well eventually Lynn finally took a break from letting the canine neighbors in, and started trying to get to know the sim neighbors. She met this rather interesting fellow named Ed Hoobajoob. What an interesting name - Hoobajoob...

They ate some really odd smelling food in these strange white boxes, and talked about sports (not an interest I particularly understand, but to each his/her own). Then a couple of days later she met Mr. Smith. This sim just SMELLED WRONG. Now normally I disagree with Pathos on her opinion of sims, but this guy just wasn't right. He seemed like a possible threat to Lynn's safety. I tried to warn Lynn, but since we don't speak the same language it didn't work quite so well. She came to consider him her "best friend."

One day, while Lynn was off visiting Mr, Smith, Logos & I asked Pathos to give us some alone time in the pet house. She wasn't very happy about that, and replied with "Ew... gross... Just keep the kittens AWAY from me!" *sigh*

Oh, my, I've strayed off the subject. Sorry for that. Lynn went to visit Mr. Smith... and apparently he attacked her while she was there! No wonder he smelled so strange. Unfortunately, even with our sense of smell, we cats were unable to understand what the true extent of all this was.

*Author's note- I hope you all liked it. I'm still deciding if I should go on to Chapter 3 for the next update or have Pathos revise this chapter the way SHE would want to write it. Any suggestions?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:00 AM
Ooooh - interesting update. I like how Ethos's mind wanders a little bit - very cute, reminds me of my cat. . I'm sure that whatever you do it will be good for you and your story - do what you feel comfortable with.

cappyboy - I'm sorry that that sounded harsh! I hate how you cannot get tone of voice across on forums, and unlike people who know me you won't realise that I only use that phrasing for a gentle jab! Perhaps a would have helped?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 6:06 PM
lol, nice update, its good to be another cat's erspective of things...wonder whats the deal with the guy.. that guy.. hmm Mr Smith.. tho, will Pathos ever narrate again? i just love when she does..
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 6:50 PM
Thanks, skylark & wicked_t0y! :yippee:
I was actually hoping for a little more help from you all, the readers, on whether to go on to chapter 3 with Pathos as narrator, or do a "part 2" to Chapter 2, with Pathos' version (either way Pathos will be coming back). Opinions on whether or not you'd like to see a "part 2" or just skip on to Chapter 3 would be greatly appreciated, from everyone. :D

I'm so happy! I can't believe that people are actually enjoying my story. :jaw:

I thought for sure it'd be a total flop & I'd be booed off the site or something. lol

*hugs for all of you*
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 8:24 PM
Heehee, I love it - their personalities are very different, but still both very 'cat'. Hm... I'd like to hear from Logos (tis only fair!), but I'd like to hear from Pathos again too... maybe you could do chapter 3 as Pathos, but she could quickly recap on her version of the last chapter? Or something, I'm terrible at decision making...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylark
Ooooh - interesting update. I like how Ethos's mind wanders a little bit - very cute, reminds me of my cat. . I'm sure that whatever you do it will be good for you and your story - do what you feel comfortable with.

Agreed. I like Ethos too. Despite the wandering mind, she seems like a more rounded personality than Pathos. I like how she agrees with Pathos on some things and totally shreds her perspective on others. Hearing from Ethos has made me looking forward to hearing from Pathos again. I'd love to hear her take on Ethos' editorializing.

Quote: Originally posted by skylark
cappyboy - I'm sorry that that sounded harsh! I hate how you cannot get tone of voice across on forums, and unlike people who know me you won't realise that I only use that phrasing for a gentle jab! Perhaps a would have helped?

Not to worry. It's casual. I've often made the same lament on how inflection and tone of voice are so hard to put into text. Usually what I do in IM's about this is to post the smiley after the fact. And then start griping about the smiley's sense of punctuality. People seem to like this approach.
#20 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:06 AM
Well, in my opinion, we still have another cat to hear from... *smile* Good story so far. Can't wait to read more!
#21 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:37 AM
that is very funny
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:13 PM
No worries, all. We will eventually hear from Logos, but I need more time to figure out his character.

Thank you all SO much for the feedback. :yippee:

Hopefully I'll have an update for you all by the end of the day. :D
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:22 PM
My Sim, The Moron
Chapter Three

Oh no, Ethos has had a go at MY story. Well, she's too nice to you stupid humans & sims. I'll just leave it at that, but at least she got the basics of the story right. So, anyhow, after Lynn returned from creepy old Mr. Smith's place, she was furious at him for attacking her, and rightly so. What kind of psycho just attacks his "best friend" for no reason? That's even more stupid than Lynn! Well things seemed normal after that, and Lynn went to bed, but the next night Ethos & I were treated to a most horrifying sight!

That creepy old man was a WEREWOLF! No wonder he smelled wrong! And what's worse yet, he turned my precious, yet idiotic, Lynn into a werewolf too! Well, I was outraged! But, Lynn showed that she could still give love & food to me, Ethos & Logos, even as a werewolf, and that's all that matters... even if she does stink a lot worse now. Go figure, being a werewolf still didn't do much for her lack of hair. Hehehe...

So, how could my moronic sim possibly make things worse for herself, you might ask. Well trust me, she did, but I will leave that for another chapter. For now let's just leave it at this: she continued hanging out with wolves and she forgave that stinky... creature... that made her look & smell like him. Ugh, what a moron.

*Coming soon: Chapter 4 (Wow! This is going on longer than I thought it would. lol)
#24 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:04 PM
Hee hee... a cats world view. They are usually known to believe themselves superior than us. I give you kudos for doing something new. I love how their attitudes shine through.
Instructor
#25 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:16 PM
Heehee, I love seeing different their personalities. A werewolf with cats, that could be interesting... werewolves rock, though. Nice update!
Page 1 of 3