Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:44 PM
I wonder what evil plan Miss Finch-Meyer has....*shudder*
Good update and Nouk has great hair, if you're still looking for hair.
I love this story and can't wait to see what happens!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 2:19 AM
Default Chapter 9
Another New Look

‘Here she comes Miss SimCity.’ Trent sang as I came down the stairs.
He really did have such a handsome singing voice.
For the second time today, I truly felt pretty.
I tried to imitate the cool strut of a fashion model.
My Uncle stood up and cheered when he saw me.
‘Darling, you look so mature and sophisticated.’
Two words any ten year old girl loved to hear.

‘You did a smashing job on the hair and make up.’ my Uncle grinned wickedly at Trent. ‘I guess having a couple queer old uncles around can be a good thing. Lanie never has to worry about a bad hair or make up day under your watch and I’ll always see that’s she well dressed.’
Trent fixed my Uncle with a frosty look, but his expression relaxed and he laughed instead.
‘I guess we do make a good team. Maybe we could take our combined talents on the road and show the rest of the world what a difference a good haircut, proper make up technics, and a custom wardrobe can make.’
My Uncle’s grin widened as he gave it some thought.
‘There’s several Townies I see walking about that I’d love to grab and make over. I could certainly tell them what not to wear. I think it’s a fabulous concept, Darling, but I don’t think SimCity is quite ready to accept us into their homes and listen to us tell them how to dress.’

Uncle Remington gripped Trent’s hands in his.
They were normally careful not to show too much affection around me.
When I was a kid, I hated to see two adults of any gender acting mushy, now I thought it was kind of nice.
These little incidents of sentiment between my two uncles now reaffirmed for me that they were committed and made me even more reassured that they intended to grow old together.
‘Besides,’ my Uncle smiled at Trent. ‘We have the proper balance in our lives now. If I had to be with you twenty-four seven at both work and home, I’d probably strangle you.

Trent laughed again a bit ruefully.
‘I’m lucky that you even have me around at all.’
Being more of an artist, my Uncle required more personal alone time than Trent did.
I think it hurt Trent’s feelings a little that Uncle Remington also cherished their time apart.
My Uncle’s only reply was a smile, as he lightly brushed a hand across Trent’s cheek.
Trent took that hand in his and gave it a loving squeeze.
‘Are you sure you feel up to going out tonight?’

When Trent and I had come downstairs my Uncle had been lounging on the couch.
Uncle Remington had been fighting a really bad cold for the last couple of weeks. It seemed to have drained him of all energy. He’d only picked at the salad, Mrs. Hammond made for dinner.
‘I’ve been wanting to see this movie for weeks. Nothing is going to keep me home tonight.’
‘Remington, I’m worried...’
My Uncle cut him off.
‘I’m fine, Darling. It’s just that everything’s really crazy right now. I always get exhausted with every new season. I’ve got shows all over SimCity to organize, Phelps is launching my new office to evening wear line, the first lady needs her gown for the Annual Charity Ball, and Helen needs to be outfitted for the Simmie awards next week.’
My Uncle was still Helen’s clothing designer.
‘You’re spreading yourself too thin. I also wish you’d see a doctor about that cold.’

Uncle Remington changed the subject by bringing me into the spotlight instead.
‘I can’t get over how stunning you look.’ he told me. ‘You have my eye for fashion.’
I’d selected this dress out of the many Harlan Hastings, the owner of Phelps department store, had me chose from to keep for my own. I modeled children’s wear in his catalogs.
Neither Trent nor I were distracted.
‘Uncle Remington, I’ve been worried about you too.’
My Uncle had a severe heart condition. He took lots of medicine to keep it in check.
‘For the last time, I’m fine. I’m feeling better already.’

As we were on the way out to the garage, my Uncle was chattering gleefully. He truly did seem to be feeling much better.
‘I wonder how Ronald will die in this one.’
Trent scowled at the mention of Helen’s husband.
While Uncle Remington placed the blame for what happened on Newman, Trent thought that Reginald was the true mastermind behind the situation.
‘I’m looking forward to seeing that myself.’
Forum Resident
#53 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 2:51 AM
squee! Lanie looks so pretty with her new hair!

I too am looking forward to Reginald's fate in the movie (you will tell us, right? :P)
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM
Yep....as soon as I decide from two different story lines I have for this 'Airplane' movie.
Theorist
#55 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:59 AM
Hmmm... that "really bad cold" has me concerned. Perhaps it's the start of more serious matters?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
Hmmm... that "really bad cold" has me concerned. Perhaps it's the start of more serious matters?

I'm ignoring that part... 'cuz Remy and Trent absolutely HAVE to grow old together! Especially after all they've been through...
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 7:36 PM
I hope her Uncle gets better!
I love Lanie's dress by the way and also
I wonder who the mysterious blonde is?
As usual, anxiously waiting for an update!
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:40 AM
I'm a newbie here and the first story that I read was part 1 of this story... I love how your twist and your plot, hope to see some more updates. Keep up the good work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:57 AM
*hugs* IrishGrace, Dark Phoenix, RosesRRed and creamymaldita.

IrishGrace and Dark Phoenix: Can't comment on your comments, because I don't want to give anything away.
RosesRRed: The blonde makes her appearance in the coffee shop after the movie.
creamymaldita: Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
Sometimes I get discouraged that this story is taking so long to tell.
Hopefully, everyone will like some of the plot twists I have coming up soon....
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 1:17 AM
Default Chapter 10
Terror In the Sky

Uncle Remington, Trent and I were in ‘on the edge of your seat’ suspense through the entire film.
Helen played a stewardess on a luxury flight that was transporting V.I.P’s and their families from the New York to Tokyo neighborhood.
There was also a subplot about a sick little girl that needed life saving surgery.
At first it seemed this was going to be another highjacking film, but when the passengers and crew started turning into killer zombies after eating tainted Chicken Marsala, Helen, the handsome villain, and the little girl had to team up to battle zombies and land the plane.
(There was originally another stewardess and a priest that also had the vegan dish, but as my Uncle said later, he knew from the beginning they were both wearing ‘red-shirts’.)
Another obstacle was that the airline, the insurance company, and the SimCity government department that O.K.’d the bad chickens were trying to shoot the plane down into the ocean to keep the public from knowing about the massive screw up and not have to pay long term healthcare for the zombies. (The condition was irreversible.)

Helen’s husband Reginald played an obnoxious passenger that harasses Helen in the beginning of the movie.
The highlight of the entire film was when he turns into a zombie and attacks her. She tries to fight him off, but finally grabs a fire extinguisher and bludgeons him to death.

Both Uncle Remington and Trent stood up and cheered at that part.
Luckily, we weren’t thrown out.

‘I truly did hold Helen back.’ Trent admitted, when we were back in the car. ‘She’s really grown as an actress. She certainly made that steaming pile of crap believable.’
Though the government wanted to blame the hijacker for the food poisoning after he and Helen land the plane, the former villain is able to show proof of his innocence. The authorities now have bigger issues on their hands and don't have him arrested.
Helen and her hijacker had fallen in love during their ordeal and he promises to help her raise her unborn child. (Her married pilot boyfriend was one of the first killed off in the movie.) They also plan to adopt the now orphaned sick little girl. The movie ended with them getting word that her surgery had been a success.
‘So much for Newman’s relevance and reality in films.’
My Uncle didn’t reply right away. He’d sent Trent out to the car to fetch his woolen scarf during the intermission and was still shivering.
‘I don’t know why they insist on keeping movie theatres so damn cold.’ he complained.
‘I know just the place that will warm you up.’ Trent told him. ‘Let’s have dinner at the coffee shop.’
‘Sounds divine.’ my Uncle was enthusiastic about the idea. ‘I could really use a cup of coffee.’
He shuddered again.
‘Not to mention they won’t have Chicken Marsela on the menu.’
Forum Resident
#61 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM
Reginald as an obnoxious zombie... I love it! And I love the reference to "red shirts"... would this be a subtle shout-out to Star Trek? lol
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:02 AM
tee hee^_^ reginald got bashed by a fire extinguisher... love to see that...
and I'm glad that finally, Helen's role are evolving...
can't wait for the next update....
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:18 AM
IrishGrace: Ha Ha, yep! That was my favorite show growing up.
creamymaldita: I started a fire and had Helen grab a fire extinguisher, but forgot that I couldn't go into buy mode to place her in front of Reg.
Update as soon as I load my pics.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:58 AM
Default Chapter 11/1
A Familiar Face Part 1

Once we found a table at our favorite coffee shop, Trent offered to get our orders while Uncle Remington warmed up. The coffee shop was always cozy, toasty, and fragrant with all the coffee drinks.

‘I know what I want.’
Trent had a usual at every establishment that he rarely deviated from.
‘What sounds good to you?’
‘I’m not really hungry, especially after seeing such a gruesome case of food poisoning.’ my Uncle grimaced. ‘I think I’ll just have a no frills black coffee.’
Trent once again fixed him with a stern look. One that also reflected concern.
Did he suspect like I did, that my Uncle was only using the film as an excuse?
‘You have to eat something.’ Trent nagged at my Uncle. ‘The reason you get sick so often is because of all the damn dieting you do. If that cold doesn’t clear up by tomorrow night, you’re going to make an appointment to see one of your doctors.’

My Uncle held up a hand to ward off any further word from Trent.
‘Stop fussing over me. I’m fine. Just exhausted and in dire need of a strong hot coffee.’
‘Trent’s right.’ I told my Uncle. ‘You need to keep your strength up if you want to fight a cold.’
Uncle Remington never let me skip meals when I had a cold or flu.
I pointed out the sign that announced the Soup of the Day.
‘They have that Broccoli Cheese soup you like.’
‘Very well.’ my Uncle sighed resignedly. ‘That’s what I’ll have.’

‘Me too, please.’ I told Trent. ‘Only I want a Mocha Latte to go with mine. Get some extra crackers too.’
‘Will do.’ Trent said with a smile for me and another troubled look at my Uncle.
I could see that my Uncle was starting to get cranky with us. It looked like he was going to throw one of his famous temper tantrums.
‘Will you two quit looking at me like I’m going to keel over any second! I have a damned cold! Not a flu, not food poisoning that will turn me into a killer zombie from hell, but a simple everyday cold. There’s nothing to do for it, but let it run it’s course!’

My Uncle’s outbursts caused several people to look our way.
A pretty blonde, who I noticed sipping a coffee, as she read through a thick pile of papers, (like a manuscript or college term paper) also looked up.
Instead of going back to what she was doing, like everyone else did, she got up from her seat.
Trent’s face paled and he looked like he wanted to run in the other direction, but the woman all ready had him in her clutches and planted a big kiss on his cheek.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:09 AM
interesting! oh and now I'm totally craving broccoli cheese soup LOL
#66 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:56 PM
Amazing update as always, i wonder who that woman is?? (hint) lol
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 10:30 PM
AH HA!
I knew it!
Well, not really but that was awesome!
Terror In The Sky seems like a good movie!
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 3:31 AM
I got hungry after reading this update^_^ want to order coffee suddenly.
Who's that woman? Can't wait to know what's her relationship with Trent...
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM
oh that was good. i love Remington and Trent cheering for Reginalds bloody demise. i laughed so hard
whose the blonde? o god i hope its not Dagmar i cant stand her :grrr:
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:14 AM
*Turns chibi and has little hearts floating all around head*
Loving all the feedback!
Thank you IrishGrace, sugaplum, RosesRRed, creamymaldita, for keeping me motivated. Welcome to simfromal11 and thanks for commenting. *hugs*

I get hungry and crave hot coffees too when ever I use that 'coffee house' set. It's like the Starbucks of my dreams. I'm also glad some of you liked the plot line for 'Terror in the Sky'. I used bits and pieces of different airplane disaster movies and books to come up with it. Dreaming up ways to 'kill off' Reg is a lot of fun for me. HeeHee.
As for the mysterious blonde....I guess we will solve that now...as soon as I get my pics in the right order.
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:51 AM
Default Chapter 11/2
A Familiar Face Part 2

Trent’s initial horror was soon replaced by joy and a few stray tears.
He returned the pretty blonde’s hug.
My Uncle was now laughing.
I’m still wondering what the heck’s going on.

‘Helen, I barely recognised you!’ Trent exclaimed. ‘Your hair!’
‘Oh Darling, You ought to have seen Trent’s face when you first attacked him. I think for a split second, he thought you were Dagmar.’
‘I did!’ Trent admitted with a grin. ‘When you came at me so quick, I thought I was going to be hit with something or have a drink poured on me. ’
It was Helen!
I bolted from my chair to hug her too.
Now I was crying a little, while I gave her the biggest hug I had.
I missed her so much.
(I was also glad it wasn’t Trent’s bitter ex wife.)

Helen sounded choked up as well.
‘Fancy meeting you three here.’ she quipped.
‘Please, sit down and join us.’ Trent invited pulling out a chair. ‘We we’re just at the movie theatre watching your latest film.’
‘You were?’ Helen sounded thrilled.
Then she looked suddenly shy and a bit eager.
‘What did you think?’
‘I thought about what an idiot I’ve been. The storyline aside, it was a really good film. I’m so very proud of you, Hon. Dex Newman has done far more for you than I ever did.’
Helen swiped at her eyes, touched and happy by Trent’s approval.
‘I wouldn’t be anything today, if it weren’t for you and I’ll never forget that.’

‘So what’s with the hair?’ my Uncle cut in quickly, fighting his own emotions.
Of the three of us, he saw Helen the most often when she came into his studio for dress fittings.
Feeling that Helen would be more comfortable not having to deal with him, Trent always made sure to be out during Helen’s appointments.
‘I’m filming Helena of Troy.’ she told us excitedly. ‘I had to go blonde for the role.’
I’d learned about the ancient neighborhood of Troy and the beautiful princess who inadvertently started a war in my history class. I was really looking forward to seeing the movie version.
‘Is it really any more fun to be a blonde?’ Trent teased her.
‘I know it’s easier to sneak away and blend into the public.’ Helen confided. ‘It’s been ages since I could go anywhere just to grab a bite and not have flashbulbs going off in my face.’
‘That’s one of the unfortunate costs of fame.’ Trent told her from rueful experience. ‘No privacy.’
‘So where are your two guard dogs?’ my Uncle asked, referring to Dex Newman and Helen’s husband Reginald.
‘I kind of slipped away from them as well.’ Helen admitted.
For a split second, I saw something dark and troubling in her look.

‘Is everything all right between you and Rene?’ my Uncle never minded being nosey. ‘You certainly looked like you enjoyed beating him to death with that fire extinguisher.’
I couldn’t help but giggle. My Uncle still pretended to forget Reginald’s name. Rene was the funniest one he came up with beside Renfield.
Helen’s smile was a bit grim.
‘Shooting that scene was a lot of fun.’

Trent could barely contain the delighted gleam in his eyes. He’d always felt that Helen’s husband was bad news. His disapproval of Reginald was part of the contention between him and Helen.
‘You didn’t answer Remington’s question.’ he gently pointed out. ‘Are things all right between you and Harris?’
‘Sure.’ Helen spoke up quickly. ‘Just fine.’
‘Has Ronnie submitted anything to a publisher yet?’
‘No.’ Helen didn’t bother to hide her annoyance anymore. ‘He’s been much too busy to work on his writing.’
Trent made some sort of scoffing sound, but pretended he was merely clearing his throat when Helen looked up at him sharply.
‘We’ve both been busy.’
‘I better go put in our order.’ Trent hurriedly excused himself.

‘It seems to me that Newman isn’t giving either of you kids a break. You go right from one project to the next.’ my Uncle criticized his hated former brother-in-law. ‘You’re nothing but skin and bones. The last time I ran into Raymond he looked like he hadn’t eaten or slept in weeks.’
‘We’re both fine.’ Helen repeated firmly. ‘Remington, I know it’s hard for you to believe, but Dex isn’t the devil. I’ve really gotten to know him and though he has done bad things in the past, he’s totally turned his life around. His fondest wish is for you two to bury the hatchet and become family again.’
My Uncle looked appalled.
‘That will happen when hell freezes over.’
‘There hasn’t been a Christmas since I started working for Dex, that he hasn’t shown me his old photo albums.’ Helen told him. ‘They’re from back when he was married to your sister and his prized possessions. I believe him when he tells me that Mary was the one true love of his life. He has so many pictures of you too. Dex doesn’t lie about the mistakes he's made.’
My Uncle’s expression remained hard and disgusted.
‘I don’t care what he says. Dex Newman is a snake in the grass. I know you’re bound to him for another few years, but after that, you manage your own career. Don’t you and Ronald let your guard down for a minute. Don’t let him divide you either.’
‘Dex isn’t the one doing the dividing.’ Helen slipped out.

So there was trouble going on between Helen and Reginald!
As much as I hated Helen’s hotheaded jerk of a husband, I hated Dex Newman more.
If he was stirring trouble between them, I suddenly wanted Helen and Reg to work it out.
My Uncle had often predicted that once Dex had control of Helen’s career, he’d want Helen herself, as well.
‘I’ll come to the studio a little early if you can fit me in.’ Helen told him. ‘I can really use a shoulder to cry on.’

‘That’s what I’m for.’
Dex Newman was suddenly towering over us.
The expression on his face was a combination of worry, annoyance, and jealousy.
‘Helen you had me worried sick. I’ve been looking every where for you!’
Forum Resident
#72 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 6:40 AM
*faints* HELEN! I knew that face looked familiar LOL

No comment on Dex. If I comment on him, I'll say something really really bad :P
Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:07 PM
Helen DOES look a little tired, and not very happy at all. She got what she wanted ... better film roles, more recognition ... she ought to be ecstatic.

The first thing I thought when I saw her was that Lanie's mother was a blonde, too. I know, I know, Helen dyed her hair for a film role. But I hope that Dex ISN'T trying to ... well ... I wouldn't put it past him. And if Helen gets too tired, I would be VERY concerned how Dex would solve the problem.

Great update!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:42 AM
*kicks Newman in the balls* :taekwondo
Poor Helen. Does NEwman have someone keeping track of her or something? Ah! i think if i give my real opinion of him that i might get thrown off the s2c for bad language lol. :banned:
But trent showed maturity admiting he was wrong. Go Trent!
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:02 AM
great update^_^ love Helen's new look... maybe gazania's right about Helen's looks though, poor Helen if Newman is trying to mold her to be as a replacement for Lanie's mom.

And how nice that with all the fame, Helen still stays grounded^_^

Love to see more updates^_^
Page 3 of 11