Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 7:28 PM Last edited by ChemicalCaitlin : 23rd May 2010 at 3:05 AM.
Searching for Something - Chapter 9 [Updated May 22]
Introduction

Who am I? I am Vladimir Atticus, and on the left there, that’s my love Grace. She’s lived with her father, who is not a very nice person, to say the least, since her mother died in a fire when she was just a little kid. My life is a piece of cake compared to hers. I spend every moment I can with her, and often times she ends up sneaking through my window at night, just to escape her father. But she’s strong, and hates to show it when she feels weak.

She was my first kiss,

My first love,

And the first person I’ve dreamed of being with forever.

I'm undeniably in love.
------------------------------------
Oops, sorry about the Plumbob-type things over their heads in the first kiss picture. :doh

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 4:36 AM
Chapter 1
Grace and I were 18, just out of high school. She played guitar and dreamed of making it big in a band, and me, well, I was a writer. My dreams were on a slightly smaller scale; I just wanted to get something published. Right now, we were both still living at home.

She was happy when she was playing guitar,

And I was happy when I was writing, so college never really fit into the equation for us.

I was jolted out of a day dream thinking about us and where we were headed by a strange sobbing sound.

The source of the sound was an obviously hurt and distressed Grace wearing only her underwear. I jumped out of bed and tried to comfort her, knowing instantly her father had done this to her.

I took her shaky hand and led her to the bathroom where I attempted to undue as much damage as I could.

The end result was this:

She was freezing from running to my house in not a whole lot, so I gave her some of my pajama pants and did my best to make her feel safe.
She explained what had happened in a small voice, “He was angry and drunk and he…he took it out on me.”
“Oh, babe, I’m sorry,” I consoled her, “he isn’t ever gonna hurt you again. I promise.”
“I love you,” she whispered.
“I love you, too, Grace. More than anything.”

I came up with a plan to run away. Well, not really a plan, so to speak, but an idea. I usually didn’t think things through very much, and this was no different. Grace had fallen asleep and I wanted us to just leave. I woke her gently, explaining this to her, and after a little debating, she agreed.

So, we threw a few things into a back pack, and we left.

I kept my headlights off until we were down the street, and then we were home-free.
----------
Hmm...Something tells me I may be doing my table of content wrong...Anybody know? Oh yeah, Sorry for the crappy pictures. I was rushing >.<

Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:03 AM
Oh, this is awesome!!
I love romance. I also love a good combination of drama and suspense, without too much of one or the other. This is the perfect mix, so far.
Update soon...you've got a potential reader-till-the-end here.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:54 PM
Oh my gosh i love this im such a sucker for romance stories haha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 5:43 PM
Meggie272 - Thank you so much. I was trying not to make it too romance-y or to action-y, so it's nice to here it from someone that I'm at least doing something in this story right.

Sweetsweetie85 - Ha so am I! Thanks for giving me feedback, it's very much appreciated.

I'm working on an update now, and it should be up within the next few days. Sorry it's taking so long.

*~ChemicalCaitlin~*

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 8:52 PM
oh i like! keep updating.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:48 AM
Chapter 2
We drove for what felt like hours. Well, actually it was hours. Grace fell asleep after a while and looking at her, I knew she didn’t deserve what happened to her. She looked like she was exhausted and ready to give up. No one deserved that, but especially not Grace. I wished so hard to take that pain away, to end the memories and nightmares.

After looking for a cheap motel, we finally ended up in the small town of Aberney, WV which was not a “hick town” by any means. We just happened to find the only trashy looking motel there – The Blue Bass Inn. We still decided on sleeping there, since it was only $60 a night and we were about to pass out from sleep deprivation. We took our bags, checked in, and surveyed what would be our “home” for at east the next few days.

It was definitely not anything great, but we could deal with it. There was a double bed, old TV, mini-fridge, dresser-type thing, a couch that didn’t look comfortable, and a ratty bathroom.

Grace looked concerned.
“What’s wrong?” I quietly asked, hoping she wasn’t regretting being here with me.
“I dunno… this whole idea is kind of crazy. I mean, look at where we’re staying! What if we can’t make it alone? I’m terrified of having to go back,” she said, her eyes looking over the furniture.
“I’m scared, too,” I admitted, “but there’s no way we’re going back. We’re here now, and all I care about is you, okay?”
“I know. All I care about is you, too.”

I caressed her face, trying to comfort her.

She yawned, and I knew it was time for sleep. We crawled into bed and she settled into my chest. I knew with her beside me, that we would be okay. I nestled my face into her hair and breathed in her sweet smell, contemplating what the future might hold and the ramifications of what we had done.

-------------------------------

Ughh....Once again, I know my pictures are horrible. I don't have a whole lot of patience with them, so I'm really trying to work on that. Obviously haven't been working so hard. =] I'll be putting in more later, but I really wanted to get this up, So until I can get the pictures straightened out, please try to mainly just concentrate on the story line if you'd be so kind.

#8 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:55 AM
This story is great! It's so romantic how much he loves Grace. Keep updating, I really want to see what happens to them!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:57 AM
what a twist!so romantic kinda reminds of my life. cept i left because of different things and my parents let me make a new start.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:35 AM
I just started readin this and I definitely like it! I'm a sucker for romance stories, haha. And your pics aren't bad, btw...and you have decent grammar and no misspellings that I noticed...haha I'm a stickler for those things. Keep the updates comin!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:14 PM
really enjoying this. your pics are ok, keep updating.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 11:36 PM
Thanks so much for the support everyone!! I'm going to update the pictures sometimes in the next day or two.

To avoid double posting, I'm just gonna edit this post. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm working on it, but I've been sick and my computer has been a little spazz-y. Please be patient, and as always, I love the feedback from everyone.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:32 PM
Chapter 3
This is just a short update, but what happens in this chapter will have a major affect on the story, so it does hold importance. :mute:
-----------------------------------
After a few days of motel living, we decided to go looking for a house to rent, but we had no such luck. We needed to find jobs, too, but we wanted to find a house first. Grace was feeling a bit down, so we decided to go to the Carnival to take our minds off of everything!

We rode the roller coaster,

The bumper-cars,

And even the carousel.

It was lovely to act like kids again, which as something neither of us had gotten the chance to do it a long time.

After we arrived back at the motel that night, things heated up, I suppose you could say.
“I love you,” I whispered to Grace.
“I love you, too, Vladimir. I…want you…” She trailed off.

We moved toward the bed, her breathy whisper in my ear. I kissed her forehead first, then her lips, and as one thing led to another, I believe you can assume what we did.

It was wonderful, yes, but the scene was not at all how I’d imagined. We were in a motel room , which sounded almost sleazy, and while it was not how I’d pictured this night happening, it was amazing and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Feeling Grace next to me was the closest I’d ever been to heaven, and I never wanted that to change.

----------------------------
The lovely Carnival was made by Echo, whose Mod the Sims 2 profile can be found HERE. So all creative genius for that goes to her. :bow2:

Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:55 AM
A little unexpected but great update.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:07 AM
sweetsweetie85 - I hadn't planned on making this this chapter go like this, so it actually surprised me, too! Thanks for the support! :D

Inventor
#16 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 6:30 PM
i thought, no offense, that any romance stories were going to be terrible. i was wrong. can't wait for the next update!
#17 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:07 AM
I loved it! Can't wait for next update.
Off-topic: Finally found someone on here that's also from West Virginia! I thought I was the only one!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:36 AM
Oh my! I love the update! keep it up!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:52 AM
i really like this story! He's such a nice guy, cant wait to see what happeneds to them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:36 PM
Jewaukeela - ha, I'll take that as a compliment!

Random~Boom - Yay, other West Virginians!

Kyle -Thanks very much!

Mrs.Kuma - Yeah, I tried to make him a nice guy, since I love those types.

I'm currently working on an update, should be up in the next few days! Thank you very much for all the love everyone!!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:12 PM
Chapter 4
Finally, after searching for a few more days, Grace and I found a house we like. It’s little, only 5 rooms, but it’s perfect for us.

We also managed to get jobs at a little toyshop, and find some used stuff for our house at Goodwill and yard sales. Sure, this is not at all where I’d expected to be right now, and it’s a lot harder than it looks, but I know that somehow we’ll make it. So we went to sleep on our mattress (that’s currently on the floor) feeling a lot better than we had in a long time.

The next day we spent outside playing in the snow like we were 5. We may have been borderline poor, but we weren’t gonna let that stop us from having fun.

A few weeks had passed and Grace had taken a few days off of work because she was feeling increasingly sick, though we both thought it as just the flu. I came home from work that night to a surprise. Grace was sitting on the couch, her face in her hands, almost to the point of tears.

“What’d I miss?” I asked, trying to lighten the mood, as I walked over towards her.
She looked up at me and whispered, “I’m pregnant.”
I had almost reached the couch where she was sitting at this point, and I decided to just take a seat on the ground to keep from passing out.

“You’re…pregnant?” I asked, amazed. I wasn’t sure if I should be upset or excited so I just kept my mouth shut.
“I want this, more than anything, but what are we gonna do? We can barely afford stuff for ourselves!” She said, looking heartbroken.
Grace always thinks for the future, while I think for the present.
“I dunno, we’ll just…love it.” I said. Yes, I know, such a genius answer.
“Just please don’t leave me,” she whispered.
“What? I wouldn’t do that. You know that.”
So, we talked for a long time about how we were going to do this, and decided rather quickly that there was no way we could ever give up this baby. It was ours, and we loved it already. I loved the idea of being a father, even though it was hard to wrap my head around, and I vowed to do a better job than my father, who practically drank himself to death and didn’t exactly treat me the best. On the other hand, Grace was right, we had pretty much no money right now. I knew Grace was freaking out, as was I, so tried to my best to help her, even if I was having a hard time handling myself and my damn emotions.

-------------------------------------------
Hope you like it! Please comment!!

Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 4:55 AM
Awww cool this story is getting good i can tell already. Great update.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 5:24 AM
I like the update. Keep it up. I love where this is going.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 5:11 PM
Great update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st May 2009 at 9:43 PM
Thanks for the love everyone! Just as a question, is Vladimir too nice or unrealistic, in your opinion?

By the way, I'm working on an update, but I don't know when it'll be up, since I can barely breathe because of all the stuff for school (standardized test; projects; finals & etc.) It may not be up until sometime in early June, since school gets out June 5th. =]

Page 1 of 3