Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:09 PM Last edited by cory_g : 29th May 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Starting a new life: Epilogue
Inspired by the wonderful stories I’ve been reading on this board, I decided to start one myself. It was a spontaneous decision and I hope it will go on well! If you guys like it I will continue it!

Disclaimer: Grandma Gypsy is not my sim, she is shuldig_seiben's, who was nice enough to send her to me some time before Shadee's actually part hers :D

You can find the granparents' house here "The Sims Society" in the acrchive section. It is called "Chrystal White"

Starting a new life - Shadee's story

Intro

Hello! My name is Shadee, Shadee Evans. I’ve had a wonderful life until two weeks ago. That’s when I lost everything dear to me: my family. There was a fire at my house and I was the only one that survived it. My mother, my father and my three older siblings perished.

I now live with my grandparents in their huge house. It the place I now have to call home…but it feels so strange. It’s nice and big, I have my very own room on the second floor but it’s not the place where I grew up and my family no longer exists.

Grandma Gypsy and grandpa Menas are really nice and supportive. They miss Adril, my father and their first son, very much and they understand my feelings too.

When I moved in, Grandpa made a swing for me on the front lawn. I’m no longer a kid, but it proved to be a place where I can spend my time. I feel very lonely and deserted. I have no friends…

Every time I remember the happy times I cannot stop the flow of tears. My favorite place seems to be the backyard graveyard. Crying helps for the moment, but afterwards I feel even worse.

I am afraid of what is about to come. I am afraid of the end of the summer holidays. I’m afraid of highschool and all the new people I am going to meet. I am afraid…

This is just the intro, but I will update if anyone wants me to! :P
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:25 PM
It sounds good!
I feel so bad for her.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:32 PM
Thanks so much JayBleu! *huggle* Feels good to know that someone actually takes their time to read it :P
#4 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:35 PM
WOOO! SHadee :D
It's sad but it's really good! :D
I say update :p
#5 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:35 PM
This looks promising! Can't wait to see more!
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:39 PM
Cory... Omg I TOTALLY took the time to read it. And let me tell you something, ok? This story is the BOMB!!! *giggles* Seriously though, I love love love the beginning, the house is so awesome to look at and the grandparents are DIFFERENT for a change I totally heart this story. I for one will be looking forward to all your updates. And I know already that Ill be sad once this story comes to an end.
:doh Its only the intro, bP...

boolPropped

Formerly known as boolPropped
#7 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:44 PM
You're right. That is an amazing house.
It's like...whoo!
I never had the patience to make a house like that. Wish I did.
#8 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:48 PM
Aww! Poor Shadee!

Cute story, Cory! I'll keep reading.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:03 PM
Aww..thanks so much guys, you're all awsome! I'm now redecorating Shadee's room. I didn't build the house...I dled it from somewhere..wish I remembered where from though...

And a little side note information: Shadee was born ingame and I was a bout to kill her off with her whole family...but after aging her up to a teenager, I thought she was too pretty so I spared her life and moved her in with her grandparents. She's got A LOT of relatives around the 'hood
#10 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:03 PM
I really like this story! I wish my graphics and my comp would handle houses that big.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:25 PM
It's a beautiful intro. I'm surprised to hear that you wanted to kill her, but you didn't just because she is pretty? That's a bit shallowI love the house!
Please update your story, it's nice to look at your crystal clear pics
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:40 PM
I dont think its all that shallow... I keep the pretty ones sometimes if I hate the rest of the family or I need to widdle my population down :shrug:

I do love reading stories tho with awesome pictures. Not only is your graphics card AWESOME, but all the pics are close up - You can really see whats going on Great update again!

boolPropped

Formerly known as boolPropped
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:45 PM
Hey, I like the pictures you took a lot, and it's a promising start Keep it up!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:03 PM
Oh, definitely keep writing! I've always admired your sims (gorgeous sims and fantastic graphics! What could be better? ), so I'll definitely be watching for updates.

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:04 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! Wow, this is amazing...I never thought there would be so many people to check this out! I'll try to post the first chappie as soon as possible!
#16 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:15 PM
Nice start!
I rated your story...
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:27 PM
Thanks so much...you cannot even imagine how happy this makes me!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:49 PM
I love the beginning, its sad but it looks like it will be a great story! I am always reading the stories on this board and would love to do one but feel I am not talented enough...so thats great you took that step to post one, I look forward to updates:D
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 6:55 AM
Very good so far. I like the part about the swing. ^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 1:40 PM
Default Chapter 1
Chapter One

I had a pretty restless night. I started thinking over everything that had happened in the past month, everything that had changed in a blink of an eye. Had I ever expected to end up like this? There were moments when I wished I had died in that fire too. I hated myself for surviving when the rest of my family didn’t stand a chance.
Sleep eluded me. Slowly I threw off the blanket covering me and changed into something a little longer.

Slowly and as silent as I could, not to wake up my grandparents, I went down the stairs and then out on the front lawn where my dear swing was swaying slightly in the night breeze. It was quite cool outside, but I didn’t care. The day coming was the last one I was going to spend in the protective shell of my grandparents’ house. My first day of highschool was only one day away. Gulp!

I just stood out there for some time, I think about two hours passed, then went back to bed. I really felt better.

I opened my eyes slowly against the bright morning light as I heard grandma shout from downstairs. My breakfast was ready. Yawn! Oh my! It’s already 12…I scrambled out of bed and went in the bathroom for the morning routine, then changed into my everyday outfit. Suddenly, without a sign, I began to cry, almost howl. This used to happen quite often…starting to cry so suddenly. But this was due to my memories. I had just noticed a blouse that used to belong to my mom on the clothing hamper. It hurt so badly! I could almost feel the smell of her perfume drift towards me. She was gone…

Grandma awoke me from my “trance” as her voice drifted impatiently from downstairs again.
‘Come, dear! Your eggs are getting cold!’
I clenched my fists and swallowed hard against the tears. No one has to know I had been crying again. I have to show everyone I am strong…I will get over this! I just rubbed my eyes and wiped the tears from my face, tried to smile and get myself in a more cheerful mood then went down for breakfast.

There could be no doubt about it: grandma Gypsy sure knows how to cook! Her eggs with bacon are the best I have ever eaten in my life. Still I would give everything I have to eat the burnt toaster pastries mom used to cook for breakfast.

After I had eaten, grandma called me to the living room. It was really sweet of her: she told me she loved me very much and she knows what I’m going through and we both began to cry. I think this made us bond more than we had done when I was a kid. She then asked me whether I wanted to go shopping for some clothing today…why not? It seemed I hadn’t done that in ages.I felt I needed to change something in my life in order to get over the past events.

So we all took a taxi to a nice shopping district. I looked around the clothing racks and immediately doubted grandma’s fashion taste. This wasn’t actually something I would wear! Ever!

Finally I found something suitable for my age: a cute dress with flowers on it. I tried it on and gran was also pleased. Maybe we did have something in common after all…

Before going home, we had lunch at a nearby diner. The shopping day had been quite a nice distraction, the first time I had been into town after the death of my parents and siblings. I still didn’t completely comprehend…it felt like a nightmare from which I would awake any moment. But even though I was still hoping and waiting, the moment seemed delayed…

For the rest of the day I decided to just relax and confront the fears of changes that were about to happen. I love looking at the sky…it makes me feel I’m not alone and I know it’s the one thing that is the same everywhere.

As the day drew to an end, I got back in the house and slouched on my bed with a book. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies!

But it got dark really soon and I had to prepare my stuff for the next day. I had a really weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was going to highschool! But where were mom and dad when I needed them so much?

Here ends the 1st chapter. Tell me what you think of it please! :D
Alchemist
#21 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:00 PM
Aww. Poor thing...

It's a sad yet a bit hopeful chapter. Maybe she'll find highschool not as bad as she thinks Grandma Gypsy is cool! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:07 PM
Thank you for the feedback, Ghanima! In the next chapters she is going to face the hardships of going to highschool, which is also gonna take a toll on her I've already made a few of her new classmates and I've also found a nice, already done highschool on MTS2...this is gonna be fun! :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:32 PM
Nice chapter! But I just have to ask: where did you get the floor and wall from Shadee's room?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 3:44 PM
Great chapter! Aw, I feel so awful for her...I agree with Ghanima, hopefully high school will make life better for her... Wait, what? Face the hardships of high school? Oh great. So much for her being happier... :P

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:48 PM
Thanks Kay & HP! The floor I used for Shadee's room is Maxis...it's somewhere at the end and the wall covering is from www.4eversimfantasy.net I didn't mean hardship in a bad way (is there a good meaning to hardship? ), it's just teeny angst and drama! Hope you'll like the characters I've made!
Page 1 of 71