Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 8:08 PM
I hope you continue please I read this story a while ago sadly I didn't have the chance to comment, a great story, hope to see an update soon

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:19 PM
Default chapter 1 part 2
The next morning......

So when I moved in I broke the one very valuable object I had in my house, and I have very little and that was my COFFEEMAKER!....lucky for me there was a starbucks right down the street, told you this was a great neighborhood...

Double macchiato please...

I needed a good jumpstart for the day, I really had to find a job, with only 500 simoleans, I was kinda screwed if I didn't start making some income quickly!

I was very lucky that my parents had paid for my college, some people don't get off that easy....so I really only had to worry about my mortgage and utilities, etc....

Pleasantview Tributary
Immediate opening
Natural Scientist
position available- Clam Wrangler, no experience necessary
starting pay $672.00 per day

holy cow!!! what luck, screw the resume, I called the number listed right away..

After a 20 minute phone interview about my education and whatnot I got the job....unfortunatley I really don't know what a clam wrangler is....but I start tomorrow..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:32 PM
Default chapter 1 part 3
I decided to have a little celebration and make my self a sandwich, I didn't say it would be fancy , so yes, I have mustard yellow walls and ham and cheese sandwiches...he-he

I decided thats not cutting it, maybe getting out I will meet someone and get a better meal....So I headed over to the Pleasantview Diner, also several blocks from my house.....nice considering I don't own a car...yet...

So I ordered a nice chef salad, and the waiter, who must have been taken away by my charm....spilled the whole meal all over me...

okay, my mood was starting to sour......
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:53 PM
Default chapter 1 part 4
So get this...I really don't know what got into me, but I got into a fight at the phonebooth!..this punk practically pushed me out of the way racing to the phone, very surprising considering everyone and their dogs have a cell phone these days.....I had left mine at home....

I am really a nice, gentle person but after the salad all over me and probably some fatigue I got a little ornery...But hey, thats okay, because I start making money tomorrow!......

As I slipped into a nice hot bath, I felt pretty optimistic about my future here in Pleasantview.....

#30 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:11 PM
Loving this story. It sounds like Rev Runs house at the end with the bubble bath!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:17 PM
Default chapter 2
I started my new job, the company had sent over my new "uniform" or whatever it was......what is with the yellow!...I offically hate the color yellow and now I have to wear it.......

Okay off to work..............

Well that wasn't so bad, today I spent the day signing papers and getting tours of the facility, not much work involved, so I really don't know completely what my job entails....

I did another impulsive thing, after I had gone inside I was shutting the door and this hottie was walking by!....

I think I was starting to get a bit lonely, and I am not big on the whole bar/club scene.....so I casually acted like I was checking my mail..............

His name is Marco....

and he stayed for dinner.....I managed to throw together a simple pasta dish....it was really nice to have dinner and conversation.....

As much as I found him attractive and I was very physically attracted to him, we just didn't have anything in common, and he was kinda into himself, caught him looking at himself in the mirror a few times....and he was also against marriage and family etc.....I guess there is no harm there but he wasn't someone I was going to hangout with long term....but he could probably meet my needs in other ways....he-he, woops, did I say that outloud...!
#32 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:27 PM
ahmmm... Love the update!!! Can't wait for more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:02 PM
Default chapter 2 part 2
By the end of the week I was getting better at my cooking skills, and enjoying it actually, never spent much time cooking, my mom was big into that...

and I was done with the yellow so I mananged to put a coat of white on the walls, actually 2 coats...lol..but it was easier to live in now....oh, and I installed wood floors!..so much better.....

here is an overview, sorry for the night shot....

The job was going okay, not completely happy with it and I spend alot of time trying to get promoted....

and.......remember when I first moved in and I met Felix?..well we have been getting to know one another, he lives right next door, well a couple of houses down....and we just really hit it off...

he has been a great companion the last couple weeks and we really get along....

he is soo sweet and fun and .....

oh my freaking god!.......Felix!

Lana- Felix , you're married!...how could you...............
Felix- whats the big deal, we are having fun, right babe?
Lana- I have never seen that ring before! and where is your wife????
Felix- oh, she's out of town on business, hey man, I get lonely............
Lana- What you have done is horrible, what you have done to me and, and your wife...how could you do this to your wife????
Felix- hey calm down, she dosen't need to know....................
Instructor
#34 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:06 PM
OH MY FREAKING GOD is right, Lana! That two-faced *rants*! I HOPE HE GETS EATEN BY A COWPLANT.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:08 AM
Default chapter 2 part 3
Well I spent the week avoiding Felix and his area of the neighborhood, hoping to not run into his wife, I really don't want to be the dirty mistress, thats not me, and I won't be the reason for their marriage ending, which would serve him right ....The week was tough enough with trying to get promoted, which was not happening...so I went to dinner..

and wouldn't you know it...

okay, I am a tad uncomfortable, maybe if I ask to move to another table, no, too obvious....okay, I will just pretend to not notice her, Felix's wife....oh god, she must know....
#36 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:46 AM
Muahahaha!! Great! I want more! This story is GOOD!
#37 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:25 AM
FELIX IS A TWO TIMER?! OMG! I hope he gets eaten by the cowplant too! MWHAHAHA!

Great update, Jenny!
#38 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 4:00 PM
Love the story so far! I can't believe Felix! >:[
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 4:08 PM
uhoh i sense trouble.....

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:02 PM
oh wow, thanks for the FB guys, I really appreciate it!...
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:03 PM
felix is sick now that he's a 2 timer!

can't wait for updates!
#42 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:37 PM
Where is our update, missy?

I am not leaving this thread until I see that it says (updated 11/21). :mob
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:08 PM
Default chapter 3
Well I survived the diner episode.....talk about uncomfortable....I actually feel very bad for her, her husband is such a dog, well actually worse, dogs may go around sniffing everyone's butts but they are faithful!...anyway, that week I made a decision to quite my job...

it just wasn't going anywhere, I had been busting my butt trying to get promoted and I wasn't, I didn't spend 5 years in the advance science program and graduating at the top of my class for this!....maybe I would try to do something else with my life, like open my own business or something......I could eat peanut butter and jelly for awhile I guess.......

But, on the bright side, I got a new neighbor.....

I haven't seen much of him, I think he works alot, but he comes home for lunch just about every day, he has a black lab named Daisy.....but damn, he is hot!.....so being the cheeseball that I am I spend quality time outside pruning my bushes at about noon everyday trying to get his attention.....

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:20 PM
I'm also working on my cooking skills a bit, its actually quite fun, so I spend alot of time reading cookbooks,I wonder what it would be like to own my own bakery or cafe..(I didn't center the writing this time, the words were off center....)

I finally figured out what was missing from my life....other than a man, was a baby! so I made a decision

and I am sooooo excited!

the officer brought him by that afternoon

my baby kitty!..........you didn't think I would get a real baby, did you?..not ready for that...but Bonkers is so precious, thats what they have been calling him at the shelter

I renamed him Oliver, seems fitting....he looks so scared right now, could be the size of his bed, he is probably overwhelmed

he is sooo small...and we bonded immediately :lovestruc

(sorry for the bad pic quality on that one)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:36 PM
Default chapter 3 part 2
I headed to the pet store that afternoon to get Oliver a collar...

oh..my..gosh, its James, my neighbor...I am feeling pretty elated from getting Oliver, I wonder if I should go introduce myself..

before I knew what was happeing I was walking right up to him..and he turned around....

oh my....
#46 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:46 PM
Wooo! James is hot! lol! Nice update!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:54 PM
Default chapter 3 part 3

Lana- Hi, I'm Lana, your neighbor
James- oh, hey, good to meet you.....uhm, your bushes are so neatly trimmed
Lana- what?....oh, yeah, I have had some free time on my hands
James- are you here to buy a pet?
Lana- I just adopted a kitten and I need a collar...and you
James- oh, me, pet stores are great places to pick up chicks... just kidding, Daisy, my lab, needs a new collar as well
Lana- I have seen her running around, she is a cutie

James- Yeah, I come home from work everyday to let her out and get lunch
Lana- So...may, I ask what you do..for a living?
James- I'm a doctor at Pleasantview Community hospital, I specialize in Cardiac, Thorasics...
Lana- (thinking to herself, JACKPOT, handsome and a doctor)..oh, uhm, wow, thats really interesting..
James-yeah, hey see ya around, back to work for me...maybe we can have dinner some night, seeing that we are neighbors?
Lana- yes, that would be great!

Oh, happy day!...I was so excited, I almost forgot Oliver's collar....

having troubles with the centering tool, thanks for reading, more to come..
#48 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:18 PM
Yaay! I love this story!!!! Your pics look awesome! What graphics card? :D
#49 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:25 PM
Yay! I loved the updated, girl. Don't be surprised if this gets featured.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:25 PM
thanks for your comments!...my graphics card is pretty basic, its a NVIDIA Geforce i want to say 56oo, but could be wrong, its a good one but not the best....I just have all my settings on high and my computer specs on high as well.
Page 2 of 57