Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 3:49 PM
thothep - Thanks for the extra sites! There's so many...it's hard to get them all together in one place. 0_0

Haku - Yup, it was you! I'm glad you did though, I wanted to start this thread back up for a while but I wasn't sure if anyone would come. 'Parently the resin kiddies are getting popular! xDD And thank you so much for your kind comments on Deej, I'm so excited for him to come. Your H. Duncan is GORGEOUS, I've always loved them and their dreamy eyes. CP (Luts) dolls tend to be the most kicky. LEGS OF DOOM.

ChocolateCake - That's the one you need then! The one that makes you cry, that's the one for you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:29 PM
I want Petsha from dream of doll sooo bad! I think I might be getting one for my birthday because my dad started to actually search the sites and check out the ones I wanted and making sure the sites were real and all that jazz.
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:31 PM
Petsha's are awesome! You should make an account at DoA and look at the arrival doll gallery, there's tons of them from Dream of Doll so you can prove to your dad that others are getting theirs.
Instructor
#54 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:35 PM
I made one last night. Good suggestion about showing him I'll do that later when he's done with work.
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:38 PM
I think I changed my mind about BJDs. I don't think I'm going to get them. They seem so huge! Like 2 feet tall. It's scary. I thought they would be smaller. And the ones that are smaller look...weird. I still kind of like them, but I think it'll be awkward to have one.
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:46 PM
Well, thothep's boy is 70cm (I think...he's on a Domuya body, correct?) which is on the larger half of the scale. An SD is 60cm, which on 5 foot 7 1/2 me is right about above my knee. MSDs are 43cm and up. Have you looked at Luts Kid Delfs? They are little and really, really cute. Same as their MSDs.
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:59 PM
I just looked at the Luts-Kid Delfs. They're the absolute perfect size for me. I think I skipped over them because I thought they would be like the one's I saw on another site that looked like just a regular doll. I love the Luts kid delfs
Original Poster
#58 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:00 PM
I love how adorable they are. I think I'm getting an Aru, Hodoo or a Bory next. And they're wicked easy to change their eyes since they have magnetic face caps.
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:03 PM
They are really cute. They're as cute as the normal sized one's but without being so huge. Plus, they're not as expensive. I could probably afford one right now. I'm in love with Cherry, An, and Ttori right now :valentine I can't decide
Original Poster
#60 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:04 PM
Did you look at their 'Fairy land' section as well? It's all their big ones little sized. All Luts MSD sizes only come in one skin tone though, Real Skin (Kid Delf Girl CHERRY DREAMING is one with it used in her photo, they used to be available in every color so that's why some are white skin)
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:07 PM
I remember looking at them before, but ignoring them because they had "mini" on them. I thought they were going to be like 2 inches tall.
#62 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:12 PM
Oh, thank goodness the thread's back. I started the other one originally, but yours is tons better, with the links and all =)

Eek, but the gorgeousness of these dolls...It's torture! I have yet to even come close to owning one, but I'm saving and have six or seven dolls planned out. A 43 cm Classic Tanning Narae (no name yet, but she's going to be the perky little girl in the family), CP El twins (Koji and Akira, for now...Their personalities and backstory are changing, though), AR Warrick (no character planned yet, and no name- I just think he's handsome with his pouty little lips), Limhwa Half-elf (name probably Luna- again, no character), a CP Bliss (for now called Ravyn) and a CP Lishe boy (younger brother of the twins, probably). It's a lot of fun to just plan, even if it does take a while before you can actually get the dolls.

So yeah. BJDs are pretty, and a total obsession =D
Field Researcher
#63 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:32 PM
Actually Tanal comes in at 63cm, on the tall end of SD size, he's just a shade taller than a Delf (my neighbour has an El). The next doll I'm getting is a 70cm one. Of course, my first reaction when I got my boy (both with the head and with the body) was "I thought it'd be bigger!" I also expected him to be heavier and nearly threw him in the air first time I picked him up.

I prefer the more mature sculpts over the Kid Delfs (and most other MSDs) primarily because I prefer more slender hands. I'll look at an MSD and like it until I see it's hands. That's why there's a MiniFee on my wishlist (and a Narin), mature sculpt in the smaller size. I really wish there were more mature sculpts at 1/12 scale. Yet at the same time, I may eventually try for a Sabik - the 80 cm doll!

ChocolateCake - It's taken me a while to get used to mini meaning the around 18in dolls and tiny meaning anything smaller, too.

Heya Shadowblade, was wondering if you'd pop by.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thothep
I prefer the more mature sculpts over the Kid Delfs (and most other MSDs) primarily because I prefer more slender hands. I'll look at an MSD and like it until I see it's hands. That's why there's a MiniFee on my wishlist (and a Narin), mature sculpt in the smaller size. I really wish there were more mature sculpts at 1/12 scale. Yet at the same time, I may eventually try for a Sabik - the 80 cm doll!

A couple newb questions:
What's MSD stand for?
And what's wrong with their hands?
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:42 PM
They don't have anything wrong with their hands, actually, its really cute. When you put their hands together it makes a heart. But you can get extra plain hands to fix that if you don't want heart hands. That's only for the Mini Fees I think though.

Just kidding, Kid Delfs just have chubby little kid hands. xDDD

(Photo by hiritai, her Kid Delf Cherry Boy, Puffin)

MSD stands for Mini Super Dollfie.
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:47 PM
Thanks, Catwalk. I don't really see anything wrong with they're hands. I'll leave you guys alone now, my newbie questions are probably bothering you
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:48 PM
Hardly, I love answering questions about them!

Here's Luts picture. If you go to optional parts and click on Hands of Delf there are all the optional hands you can get.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:51 PM
Oh, it's that easy to change their body parts? Just hooks? I thought it would be more complicated.
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:54 PM
It's hooks connected to this like...stringy stuff. Hands come off really easy. someone I know does nail work for dolls so people send her their dolls hands and she paints their nails etc. Sometimes if your doll is too loose it will need to be restrung, which sounds terrifying but I've heard is really, really simple (thothep can explain it, she's done it before I think.). Or if you get them wet (God knows what you would be doing with your doll in the tub or something...) you have to take the string out and let it dry or it will mold in your resin kid's body...yuck.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM
I would hate to have to restring one. That sounds so terrifying, as you put it.

I just died a little inside, because I saw the perfect wig I would like and it's sold out. And that it's for regular Delf. :doh Look at me, already picking out wigs...
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:22 PM
Those are all so beautiful and nice! I have a small porcelain doll collection and would love to get these, but.. they are too scary lol. They are gorgeous yes, but too realistic, if I saw them staring at me at night, I wouldn't be able to sleep :P. Still, I do want one or two.. lol.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:40 PM
Wet doll = awesome photoshoot!

Most dolls use s-hooks to hold their hands and feet to the elastic, my boy came with stupid weak hooks so his hands and feet are held on with twine. I don't even want to think of how many, many times I've restrung him trying to get the tension in the elastic right, it's at least five times. Yes, it's intimidating the first time, and it does require some strength (I have to get help now to finish the stringing), but as long as you go slowly and keep track of how the parts go together (I did put his toes on the wrong feet once) it's not hard.

I've glossed my boy's nails because his whole body is MSCed now; I blushed him. Actually, I need to run to the store and drop off the photoshoot I just took. ~^.^~

But yeah, there's nothing inherently wrong with Kid Delf/MSD/etc hands, they just don't fit my personal aesthetic.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:45 AM
Hakuryuu- I have the money, but I'm saving up for a laptop.
#74 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 3:10 AM
So, if I did choose to do self-face ups, what materials would I use?

Is there a website tutorial on this?

EDIT: I'll have a long time to learn, as I have just started saving. Looks like I'm going to learn CPR and start babysitting. Woot
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 3:25 AM
You need Mr Super Clear or Testor's Dulcote (Many think Mr Super Clear is better as Testor's has been shown to yellow eventually.) There are certain things you can't use...I think anything with oil? Maybe? Prisma pencils, pastels, and acrylic paints are what people usually use.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21

Here's the thread at DOA about Face-ups. I think everything you need to know should be there. ^^
Page 3 of 45