Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#51 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
i want something of an "insomniac" trait, where the sim doesnt really need to sleep, and/or only needs to sleep for 3-4hrs before theyre ready to be up for a long while again.
That trait sort of already exists in the game, as an earned reward trait.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 21st May 2011 at 6:44 PM
I would love to have a chocoholic trait. Where the sim would want to eat a desert, even thou they shouldn't.
Space Pony
#53 Old 21st May 2011 at 6:57 PM
Shopoholic trait! They buy buy buy everything in sight.
Nectar Fanatic! The sims love all Nectar, making nectar, and especially drinking nectar.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 21st May 2011 at 7:51 PM
Procrastinator trait... kind of like absent-minded, but instead of removing the action from their queue and forgetting about it they just put other things in front of the action (if work or stress based) that are procrastinat-y things like "Watch TV" "play computer games" "read book" "daydream" etc.

Some sort of all-rounder trait (for annoying sims, clearly) that would include athletic, genius, virtuoso, charismatic, but obviously not quite matching the ability of sims that have that stand-alone trait.

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:30 PM
How about "Over Eater"? The sim would constantly want to snack on food. They would constantly get wishes to "Eat Chips" or "Eat Ice Cream"..
I also really want a Nerd/Geeky trait. Maybe they would play more video games & use the computer more often.. And if I am REALLY wishing they could ad in a table top game like Dungeons & Dragons... (Tombs & Llamas?)
Alchemist
#56 Old 21st May 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
That trait sort of already exists in the game, as an earned reward trait.

meditative sleep and insomnia are not quite on the same level.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Forum Resident
#57 Old 29th May 2011 at 7:45 PM
Ignorant (with a dash of prejudice) - That'd give actions like "accuse of being self-righteous" to police officers and politicians or sims with the good or genius traits, "accuse of being evil" to vampires and whatever other evil kind of occult comes in the future, "Blag about..." something they don't know to impress someone.. yanno.

Go suck an elf...
#58 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:29 PM
After a lot of thought - I have finally decided that we need Liars. Sims who lie like cheap wristwatches! Sims who lie about their career, (flirt: I'm A firefighter!, when they really work at the diner) they should lie about their relationships, their favourite colours, everything. Maybe Liars is too strong, Delusional might be better ...
#59 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Ignorant (with a dash of prejudice) - That'd give actions like "accuse of being self-righteous" to police officers and politicians or sims with the good or genius traits, "accuse of being evil" to vampires and whatever other evil kind of occult comes in the future, "Blag about..." something they don't know to impress someone.. yanno.

Ooh I agree - they could even be prejudice against certain hair colour or people in certain careers.
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
After a lot of thought - I have finally decided that we need Liars. Sims who lie like cheap wristwatches! Sims who lie about their career, (flirt: I'm A firefighter!, when they really work at the diner) they should lie about their relationships, their favourite colours, everything. Maybe Liars is too strong, Delusional might be better ...

I love this idea!
Liar/delusional sims seem like alot of fun to play.

Personally, I'd really like to see a stubborn trait.
Why? Well partly because I'm stubborn myself but also because sims are unrealistically forgiving of other sims who have upset them and even cheated on them!
Stubborn sims would be much harder to win round once upset and would find it hard to apologize themselves or accept other sims apologies.
Ok, so it isn't a major trait but sims are far too wishy-washy for my liking. I want to see them have stronger opinions/feelings, not just a negative moodlet that's gone the next day.
Instructor
#61 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:01 PM
I agree with the shy trait. I'm shy but I wouldn't call myself a "loner" I don't like being on my own I just sometimes find it hard to talk to new people.
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart
I agree with the shy trait. I'm shy but I wouldn't call myself a "loner" I don't like being on my own I just sometimes find it hard to talk to new people.

There is a shy trait that comes with the Late Night expansion however it's really badly done in my opinion. It mainly involves a negative moodlet from being around acquaintances/strangers and a positive moodlet from being around friends. But it doest really have much of an impact otherwise.
One example is my supposedly shy sim who has five romantic interests, all of whom she actually approached herself! And she has publically woohooed with two of them (but when it comes to the thought of skinny dipping, she's horrified ). She even gets the 'shy' moodlet from the mail girl delivering her paper...yet she regularly rolls wants to 'meet someone new' and befriend people etc.
As a shy person myself I really don't find the shy trait to be very realistic, unless maybe combined with loner and unflirty traits but if you do that then you're sims going to be pretty pathetic and lonely...
#63 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claire the Bear
There is a shy trait that comes with the Late Night expansion however it's really badly done in my opinion. It mainly involves a negative moodlet from being around acquaintances/strangers and a positive moodlet from being around friends. But it doest really have much of an impact otherwise.
One example is my supposedly shy sim who has five romantic interests, all of whom she actually approached herself! And she has publically woohooed with two of them (but when it comes to the thought of skinny dipping, she's horrified ). She even gets the 'shy' moodlet from the mail girl delivering her paper...yet she regularly rolls wants to 'meet someone new' and befriend people etc.
As a shy person myself I really don't find the shy trait to be very realistic, unless maybe combined with loner and unflirty traits but if you do that then you're sims going to be pretty pathetic and lonely...

Maybe your sim is only shy around girls? lol!

But I have to agree, I am a solitary soul myself and can't really relate to the Sims version of 'shy'.
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Maybe your sim is only shy around girls? lol!

But I have to agree, I am a solitary soul myself and can't really relate to the Sims version of 'shy'.

Ahaha! This is quite possible...
She's so busy moving onto her next romantic conquest that she doesn't have one single female friend. Well apart from her daughter who she's best friends with. That's pretty pathetic really isn't it?
But yes, the Shy trait is a good idea but one that's been badly implemented.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:38 PM
I think that we should have a cocky trait - where the Sim thinks they're amazing and nobody else is as amazing as them
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:04 AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but...

Have any modders added any of these traits to the game?
Alchemist
#67 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:13 PM
We already had one necro'ed thread about trait, why bother resurrecting another? Pescado did, but making one would be really handful and require a core mod. It's nearly impossible for casual modders.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 9:12 PM
I don't know. A long while back I experimented with making a "glutton" trait. Really all I did was edit ITUNs on the buffet table, the fridge, the diner and so on that looked for the hidden pizza lover trait... it seemed to work ok. Simple trait tweaks like that would work without core mods.
Instructor
#69 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:18 PM
I love the Spiritual idea.

I also would love to see a Faithful trait. It differs from the Spiritual trait in the aspect it essentially revolves around your relationship and relationship only. No matter how hard other people try to flirt with you, you back them off.

You are a devoted spouse and speak about your husband/wife a lot and will never succumb to the flirtations of others.

I know you get the Eternally Faithful buff for a while when you get older with your spouse and haven't cheated, but I was looking for something from the get go. It would be cute if Buster and Bessie Clavell had this, they're so adorable, but my one sim managed to break them up in seconds - as he wound up doing with every married sim in the game.

What? I was bored.

As it is, given enough time you can flirt and sleep with anyone in the game - married or not. It would just be nice to see and have some stability built in.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 12:57 PM
A 'Woohoo Mad' trait would be interesting.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 1:40 PM
For me I would like to have a 'Video game-aholic' trait or a 'Gamer' trait

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 3 of 3