Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th May 2009 at 12:41 AM
We must pay homage to TS2! A...Grilled Cheese Lover trait! XD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th May 2009 at 6:13 PM
Yes. I definitely hope that Grilled Cheese will make a rebound.

*Conjures grilled cheese snack
Forum Resident
#28 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:38 PM
Remember that cardboard cutout of a grilled cheese the Sim would pull out when their Aspiration was really low? So funny--almost makes you want to torture your Sims into depression.

And wow...it's really actually hard to think of many new traits to add...I think I have one and then I check the list and it turns out to be synonymous with something already there.
#29 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:54 AM
Pessimist: Negative moodlets have less effect, and broken promises aren't as devastating. (because they're expecting bad things to happen, mind).
Optimist: Positive moodlets have greater effect, and kept promises have greater effect.

I know someone already posted those two, but I think my versions make more sense. I'd almost want to make positive moodlets for optimists less, but it's gotta be attractive to the player in some way.
#30 Old 11th May 2009 at 2:31 AM
One-upper: Your sim wants to take other sims' (both good and bad) achievements and interactions to the next level.

i.e. One sim steals candy from a baby, your sim steals the baby from the candy.

Leader/Follower: I see this as a way to more easily appoint someone as head of the household. If we get influence back, someone who delegates tasks and favors a career in politics, law enforcement etc. A follower would be more subservient and do socially acceptable stuff, would favor group activities. Would be harder to get a promotion with, but can more easily gain career rewards for that level.
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Homo Electus
Pessimist: Negative moodlets have less effect, and broken promises aren't as devastating. (because they're expecting bad things to happen, mind).
Optimist: Positive moodlets have greater effect, and kept promises have greater effect.

I know someone already posted those two, but I think my versions make more sense. I'd almost want to make positive moodlets for optimists less, but it's gotta be attractive to the player in some way.

Good idea! However I think it should be the reversed: Optimistic Sims receive less of a penalty for negative moodlets, and Pessimistic Sims receive less of a bonus from Positive moodlets. The reasoning is that an optimistic Sim, for example, copes with negative things better because they believe it will turn out good in the end anyway...so therefore any negative things that happens effect them less. I wasn't aware that promises were penalized if broken?
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
One-upper: Your sim wants to take other sims' (both good and bad) achievements and interactions to the next level.

Leader/Follower: I see this as a way to more easily appoint someone as head of the household. If we get influence back, someone who delegates tasks and favors a career in politics, law enforcement etc. A follower would be more subservient and do socially acceptable stuff, would favor group activities. Would be harder to get a promotion with, but can more easily gain career rewards for that level.

Bahaha, steal the baby from the candy? ROFL! Is that a typo? If not, that;'s hilarious. Imagine that.

Not sure if Leader/Follower would work?

Ooh what about a Sleazy trait? With it's opposing trait being Conservative? Sleazy Sims are more likely to accept romantic interactions, but are less successful at getting other Sims to accept their romantic advancements. They also check Sims out more often, and have some special romantic interactions (such as...dare I say it...grope? Or maybe, 'lingering hug'? etc.) Conservative Sims are not likely to accept romantic interactions, especially in public, and get a negative moodlet if seen naked by others or if seen in their swimmers/pajamas by Sims they aren't in love with. They also have special interactions, such as 'Secret Kiss' (The Sims looks if anyone is watching and then lightly peck the Sim on the lips, using their hand to cover like they are telling a secret), 'Modesty Slap' (A Slap used when Sims are doing romantic interactions in front of them, the Sims gains relationship points from this but the Sim who receives the slap loses them) etc.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus

I would use that way too much just to watch it

I was think a Collector trait: sim must collect all of something... bugs? I dont know how it could work but it might be interesting.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:31 AM
Oh, oh! There's gonna be pets in the game, right?

Allergic to Pets: Sim will be highly reluctant to visit another Sim who owns a pet. Does not perform social interactions with animals. Does not like to talk about them. If absolutely forced to be around a pet, their moods drop a little and they have a greater chance of becoming sick.

On the reverse side:

Pet Lover: Absolutely adores pets. Always wants to have them around, always willing to initiate an interaction with them, loves to talk about them to other Sims. If they visit someone with a pet, their moods get a small boost and they're easier to interact with.

EDIT: Whoops, just checked back and saw someone else already mentioned a pet-related trait on the first page. :err:
Theorist
#35 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:43 PM
Whenever weather and seasons are brought back there could be some new ones:

Loves thunderstorms: Whenever a thunderstorm happens, sims with these traits get a boost in their fun meter. They will get really excited and watch from the window, or if combined with the insane trait they will actually go outside and run around regardless of the risk of being struck by lightning.

Loves snow: Sims with these traits will get a very positive moodlet whenever a big snowfall comes and will always want to be the first to make snowmen and snow angels. Perfect for neighborhoods that are mostly winter.

Hates cold: Sims with these traits will have a bigger mood drop whenever they get the "it's cold" moodlet, and a similar moodlet would happen whenever they get out of the pool. Warm weather will boost their mood a little.

Also, if apartments are brought back there can be a claustrophobic trait.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Whenever weather and seasons are brought back there could be some new ones:

Loves thunderstorms: Whenever a thunderstorm happens, sims with these traits get a boost in their fun meter. They will get really excited and watch from the window, or if combined with the insane trait they will actually go outside and run around regardless of the risk of being struck by lightning.

Loves snow: Sims with these traits will get a very positive moodlet whenever a big snowfall comes and will always want to be the first to make snowmen and snow angels. Perfect for neighborhoods that are mostly winter.

Hates cold: Sims with these traits will have a bigger mood drop whenever they get the "it's cold" moodlet, and a similar moodlet would happen whenever they get out of the pool. Warm weather will boost their mood a little.

There could also be stuff like,

"Hates Heat" - prefers it when when it's cold, has a negative moodlet when it's warm.

'Hates Thunderstorms' - Opposite of your description. Sims will try to hide whenever there's a thunderstorm occuring.

'Loves/Hates Rain' - Likes/Dislikes rain. Gets Happy/Depressed when it rain.

'Likes/Dislikes Wind' - You don't really need me to describe this by now, do you?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:34 PM
Haha, such a great trait ideas here. I would love to have Hypochondriac sims.

I would like to have

Healthy nut - loves jogging, yoga.. don't want to eat junk food, salad makes them very happy etc.
Philosopher - loves to think, always confusing other sims with their thoughts
Perved - :D
Anti-perved (what would be the word for that?) - something close to Miss Crumblebottom
#38 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:40 PM
I think the trait for the anti-perved could be Straight Laced - as in *uptight*

Personally I'd like *weak stomach* - lots of throwing up and nervous farting :P
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:47 PM
Some of these - likes cats, likes dogs, likes rain, etc. - I think would be more suited to the favorites tab with food/color/music. Add a dislikes tab as well, and you have some pretty interesting possibilities for actions (covering ears when a disliked music style is on, negative moodlet after being made to eat broccoli, things like that).
Theorist
#40 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
> Never uses mobile phone
> Never uses vehicles

For me, these are the two most important ones.
Its the only feasible way (that I can think of) that allows us to make towns in any time period.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th May 2011 at 12:46 AM
I want a "Nudist" trait: They have Never Nude after all!

I'd also think it'd be interesting to see a "Hyperactive" trait, where the Sims are always ready to GO, don't get tired as quickly and always has a desire to do stuff.
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
I want a "Nudist" trait: They have Never Nude after all!

I'd also think it'd be interesting to see a "Hyperactive" trait, where the Sims are always ready to GO, don't get tired as quickly and always has a desire to do stuff.

I believe EA intended for there to be a trait in the base game, called "Nude", but they removed it due to fear about getting a higher rating (like in the ESRB, it would go from T to M)
Scholar
#43 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:12 AM
At one point, I THOUGHT I saw a stupid trait in the game, but I never saw it again 0_o I really would like that trait, I'm tired of having all genius families!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:33 AM
ebec17, you probably had awesome mod at some point because that mod adds the stupid trait.

Yes, the Nudist trait would be awesome.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th May 2011 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I think the closest we have to a Stupid trait is the Absent-Minded trait. The description for that trait is that they'll often forget what they're doing and may easily wander off. Not necessarily dumb, but it's kinda close.

Uhhh. I have a stupid trait in my game, I have the BG patched all the way and I have it. Its a picture of a guy wearing a dunce cap.

Whoops, nevermind read the post right before mine after I posted
Instructor
#46 Old 5th May 2011 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
At one point, I THOUGHT I saw a stupid trait in the game, but I never saw it again 0_o I really would like that trait, I'm tired of having all genius families!

Yes the stupid trait If i'm not mistaken the mod is Awesomemod I can't live without it even if I almost never use it.

I think I there are simply too many traits I would want I think the more traits avilible the better I just want to make more of a variety of sims. Also the traits need to be practical to use. I would be happy with any traits that fit the criteria.
Theorist
#47 Old 5th May 2011 at 3:42 AM
WE NEED A SPIRITUAL TRAIT! It would be a fun trait and there's no alternative in the game. They would be interested in ghosts and all different creatures, and they would have an easier time becoming friends with creatures.

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 20th May 2011 at 7:40 PM
Yes, spiritual sounds good.

I also would love to have curious trait. Curious sims would be asking questions and always cramming their hands in weird places just to find if there were something. They would love to be in catacombs etc. and sometimes they would get in trouble or just having a nasty surprise. But those kind of things would not stop them.

Stubborn sims might be interesting too.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
WE NEED A SPIRITUAL TRAIT! It would be a fun trait and there's no alternative in the game. They would be interested in ghosts and all different creatures, and they would have an easier time becoming friends with creatures.

That sounds more like superstitious than spiritual to me, and so you could also have the opposite.. a rational trait - that'd be sims who can't see ghosts or don't believe that vampires are what they are etc. (I think someone's already said this, sorry.)

But spiritual sounds like it'd be a sort of combination of good, loves the outdoors, maybe family oriented.. idk.

I'd really love a nonchalant/apathetic trait as a balance to excitable, grumpy, hot-head, over-emotional.. Would be pretty boring to play, but it'd be a nice filler trait. Maybe if they called it "Cool" so like everything would be OK for them.

A wanna-be trait would be nice, with actions like being able to dress-up and pretend, stalk celebrities and vampires and whatever else comes.

Go suck an elf...
Alchemist
#50 Old 21st May 2011 at 11:47 AM
i want something of an "insomniac" trait, where the sim doesnt really need to sleep, and/or only needs to sleep for 3-4hrs before theyre ready to be up for a long while again. seems like my sims waste so much productive time on just...laying there. and me, on waiting for them to get up again.

and i may or may not be an insomniac in the real world *cough* so its a bit also on the realistic side to include it. maybe an "opposite" trait, too, like "sleepyhead"? :P
i know of some people who can sleep, and WILL sleep, forever...if you let them be.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Page 2 of 3