Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 5:51 PM
If they tried including everything that each and one of you wants, it would take at least five hundred years to finish the game. good news for those who don't want the game to be released yet. Anyway, some expect too much, hope you won't be too disappointed when the game does come out...
Advertisement
#27 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 7:29 PM
if the question is what do i want in the box, my answer would be the game dvd and the manual;
if the question is what do i want in the base game, my answer would be a 1337er(=cooler) CAS then the TS2 one(also able to change body shapes, not only face parts; in TS2 if you mess up with stretchskeleton, the animations will be crappy... i know that this means tons of programming and scripting, but would be very cool )
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 10:12 PM
This is an copy of my old sims3-wishlist that I made in December last year (but obsessive repeating have seem to payed of before;...Preaterea censeo Cartagine esse delendam...Lol) and So far at least some of my wishes going to (as it seems) come true so I stick to it and keep my fingers crossed....

" First I most say that I absolutly love the ideas Ea/Maxis has for Sims 3 so far, and here comes the wishlist:

Less sectional interface, more social awareness, less stupidness and perky sillyness (In animations, looks, objects and behaviour), more intriguing and plotting and stuff for the sims to compete abut, jobs, items, partners, business, ideology, power…

Ability to gather information, and to communicate information, experiences and things they witness and to have the option to lie about it.

Reputation good/bad, chance to be famous/notorious. Newspaper with local gossip.

"Bodyshop" editable interests that are logical connected to the rest of the sims life. And more of them.

Clothing/hair/accessories that matters ( +/- influence, attraction, fashion-sens, rich/poor…)

More body difference; hight, slim, realistic fat and fit, and for women different breast/hip sizes. Different walkstyle and voice maybe?

Better face expressions is an most. Better looking children and toddlers, less in-game born Quasimodos.

Personal economics, personal objects-ownership, banks (optional macro-economic?)

Interactive crime/law, hospital, school, politics,(religion?)

Option to cuztomice a lots atmosphere by; clientel, light, smell, sound, or/and; unique objects, information, food , behaviour.

Places to put smaller objects, like inside cabinets, drawers, bags/purses, pockets. the option to hide/search stuff.

Some good free tools fore making CC, obj, hacks, animations…so there be an compatible standard from the start. (hard to do, I guess but it would make creating and using CC so much easier)

Hmm…That was at least some off it , - Much,you say!!?
Hey, after all its christmas soon so I recon Ea/maxis realy couldent let me down, could they… Lol
/Maxi "
Mad Poster
#29 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 3:33 AM
LOL, please! Mine was much longer than that! Of course it's not much! And I liked a lot of yours, too.

-I really want for Sims to have a new "touch" system... where they can touch things and have realization of movements around objects. Don't you just hate how they dance near, say, a desk and can actually bend back and literally go through the desk? I want Sims to be smarter and more realistic to where they cannot go through objects while performing certain interactions.

-I want Sims to be so smart and unique and have better realization of things. Maybe that you could risk having a Sim enter a relationship with another Sim and not know that that Sim is a liar or a cheater and actually have your Sim's heart broken and depressed about and not just laugh or tell a joke after a breakup. I want Sims to actually make us have a real attachment and love for them. If my favorite Sim gets its heart broken by a lying jerky Sim, I want to feel like I want to kick the crap out of that bastard. TS2 relationships are also way too predictable and always the same. I want unpredictable relationships. Maybe I want my Sim to meet a few jerks before it finally finds the right Sim and fall madly in love. I want relationships to be more realistic and complex.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 4:24 AM
In The Sims3 I would want to see..............
Hair that grows & you have to get it cut & have the option to wear it up or down.
Twins to have the same starsign & for them to acknowledge that they are twins & not just regular siblings.
To have to change clothes regularly & actually do laundry & their clothes become dirty & smelly if not changed.
Furniture to age.
A big pile of pots & pans after cooking a meal & being able to have the option of doing all the dishes at once instead of filling the sink up for one plate, emptying it & doing it again for another one.
Doing household chores like changing the sheets on the beds, vacuuming & sweeping, mopping & dusting.

I wont be too dissapointed if they aren't in there though, just a wish list.
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 4:28 AM
Wow, you guys all have great suggestions! I especially like the aging - I think there needs to be pre-teens, young adults, and middle-aged adults as standard, without young adults having to go to university. Also, I think adult Sims should be allowed to study at university, too! Lots of people want a complete career and qualification change mid-life!

I'd also like ceilings. Yep! No more sky shots when looking into a room. It'd be nice to have a roof! And to also be able to do sloped cabin-style or atticky roofs (that have ceiling structure!) as well. And definitely keep the dormer windows! It'd also be cool to be able to put skylights in roofs without having to do 1603 complicated cheats and maneouvres in order to get them there!

Much, much more landscaping and building tools. If you're going to create a seamless town, you don't want every house to have the same style windows and garden plants! I want a huge selection of plants, garden borders, perhaps even retaining walls for sloped sections, Georgian style windows/doors, aluminium windows/doors, lead-light windows/doors... an insane variety to create houses and gardens as unique as their owners.

WEATHER. As part of the base game. IMHO Seasons added so much to the game, possibly more than any other expansion pack, with the changing weather. And how cute would it be to walk around in the town in a thunderstorm with all of the other Sims out and about in their raincoats?!

Domestic pets - cats, dogs, fish, birds. Most people have at least one pet. I like the other ideas listed here about a zoo/farm/carnival expansion pack that could introduce more exotic animals like horses, cows, chickens, etc. This would be especially cool if we were able to utilize someone else's idea here (can't remember who, sorry! But kudos to you) about having a town centre with shops, municipal buildings, some industry, etc., and then apartments (we NEED apartments!), stretching out to the 'burbs, and out even further to farmy rural lots. Perfect place to set up a county fair lot!

Nameable streets/avenues. If the town is that customizable, I think it would be cool to be able to put down your roads and be able to name them. Creating true cul-de-sacs would also be pretty cool.

The ability to create true split-level homes! What architectural wonders would the talented house-builders within the Sims community be able to come up with, then?!

Someone else mentioned true emotions - this is a great idea. Actually being bummed for a while when your partner cheats. But also, not being able to mysteriously sense when they're cheating inside the house when you're at the letterbox!

A Sim being able to "give birth" to true identical twins! That would be cool. And triplets!

Bicycles! If there are going to be cars in the base game, bicycles and skateboards/rollerskates would also be a cool mode of transport!

LAUNDRY stuff! I like to make super realistic houses (as do, I'm sure, many other people)... and it would be cool I think for sims to have to do a bit of laundry every now and then. Going out in stinky unwashed clothes could, and should! have consequences! Not every boss wants to give a promotion to a grubby-clothed sim, and nor does every lonesome heart want to snuggle up with a food-stained reeker!

More teen acne. It's cute but you don't get to see enough of it in TS2.

I'm sure there's heaps more stuff I would love, but these things - particularly the ceilings, seasons, and build/garden tools, are right at the top of my list.

Thanks for reading! :D
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 4:28 AM
becca022, i agree with everything on your list
also, I would love to have a proper calender! with special events and such, e.g. Christmas in December with snow in December, and regular birthdays where they can gradually age each "year"
Mad Poster
#33 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 5:06 AM
Wow, I'm loving all these other ideas!

-I also want to be able to choose a zodiac sign and still have whatever personality I desire because I'm a Gemini and I am in no way like how it is programmed in the game.

-I agree that twins need to be realized and they need to have the same zodiac sign as well because... well... hello, they are born on the same day! And no more of that "first born Sim" defect that supposedly exists in TS2 that makes all Sim children identical to each other, I forget what it's called. Also, I agree with the triplets idea as well as quads.

-Sim children to be able to cook to a certain extent, like maybe micowavable meals and limited bakeable meals. Also, children should be able to interact more with toddlers and maybe have them clean up after them via a new learning skill. Imagine having an adult Sim who becomes handicapped and your children can look after them. I'm sorry but EA seems to really underestimate children. I know they should get to be children but at least have more options for them. They are so limited!

-Female Sims to have actual periods starting with the pre-teen stage and menopause when they get older.

-Some Sims should get to be sterile and not be able to have children, therefore, making more use of the adopt option. And depending on how you take care of your Sim determines your Sim's life expectancy and future illnesses like cancer and what not.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 5:21 AM
I forgot about that actually, and PLEASE... I'm by far a sexist, I detest sexism, I was just thinking stereotypically for a moment. I will edit my post because you make a good point. Thank you for that!
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:10 AM
I was thinking about the build tools... and I think that in addition to insane amounts of door/window styles and landscaping plants/fences/borders/trees, etc., one other thing I really want from Sims 3 is different types of STAIRS!

I'd love U shaped stairs, L stairs, spiral stairs, curved stairs, zig-zaggy stairs, attic-type ladder stairs with those cool pull down things... basically an insane amount of stair possibilities to match the doors/windows possibilities.

Another thing I think would be really cool is different types/qualities of light for different times of day. Orangey/reddy/pinky sunset light (rather like Gunmod's lighting thing for TS2) in the evening, a cool amber light for dawn, deeply shadowed light for night time (would make streetlamps look very good!), and of course bright daylight-light for... well, daytime!

If there is seasons and weather in TS3 (and I do so hope that there is!), imagine how cool a thundery sky could look with the right lighting?!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:08 AM
Well, apparently there will be no need of a Seasons remake because weather and gardening are already going to be in the base game. So that is good. Open For Business may not be needed either because it was already stated in the magazine that Sims will now go to their jobs and it being an actual location. Unless there will not be the option to own our own businesses, then in that case OFB could be a remake. Nightlife is pretty much obsolete because cars, dating and downtown are already in the base game. This is great because I would much rather have room for newer EP ideas and just cram all the older ideas as much as possible in the TS3 base game. I hope University will be in the base game, too, and that Sims of different ages can go to college. And domestic animals like cats, dogs, birds, fish, etc., should be in the base game. And if so, that would be 4 and a half EP's included in the base game which leaves ample room for newer ideas. I say 4 and a half because already part of OFB ideas will be in the base game as far as following your Sims to work. And then that only leaves room for a few old EP ideas, which would be: Super Star, Makin' Magic, more in-depth OFB, Bon Voyage, and Free Time (though, I have a feeling that lots of ideas from FT will be in the TS3 base game).
#37 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Well, apparently there will be no need of a Seasons remake because weather and gardening are already going to be in the base game. So that is good.

if there won't be a seasons remake, wonder what will be the best(by public vote) expansion in TS3?
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:16 PM
Well, think about it. Why would there be a Seasons remake if all of it is going to be in the base game, same with Nightlife? I'm sorry but that's just stupid for people to want a Seasons remake when there would be no sense for one. So since Seasons was a favorite for TS2, another EP will have to be for TS3.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:20 PM

-Female Sims to have actual periods starting with the pre-teen stage and menopause when they get older.

I would HATE that....yes it would be very realistic but...maybe a bit too...personal?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:23 PM
That was just an idea but you're right... it may be a bit too personal for being rated T. I still want it, at least even if it's a tamer version.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:40 AM
the ONE thing i want most of all (and i'm sorry if its already been mentioned, in my haste i haven't read the thread, lol) for the sims 3 is the abolishment of the GRID.
GET RID OF IT!
I want to be able to place my stuff wherever the crap I want without cheats!
that would make me a very happy girl.

Free downloads by me at AweSims | www.sixty-ten.net
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by i saw drones
the ONE thing i want most of all (and i'm sorry if its already been mentioned, in my haste i haven't read the thread, lol) for the sims 3 is the abolishment of the GRID.
GET RID OF IT!
I want to be able to place my stuff wherever the crap I want without cheats!
that would make me a very happy girl.

Actually, I don't think your wish has been mentioned yet. But I agree to a certain extent. Grids make it easy so as to not place objects, say, like wall hangings inside the wall rather than on the wall. Grids serve as a way of placing things that can still be usable. Plus it's hard to perfectly align objects without a grid for those who are as anal as I am. I think it should just be an option and not a cheat. Like by default it can be by grid and there can be a button that lets you take the grid away and make objects go wherever you want. Remember, not everyone dislikes/likes the grid. It's only fair to have both options.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:54 AM
What I think should be done to the grid as a compromise is splitting the squares into smaller squares. That way, you can align say a one tile chair half way on one (Sims 2 sized) square, and half on another. Get what I'm saying? That's what I'd really like, and for it to carry over to building walls - especially diagonal walls.

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:57 AM
the grid is annoying because in real life you can place more than one thing in a square foot and I hate it when a counter space is taken up by just a phone or a tiny plant. Maybe there should be a smaller sub-grid
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:07 AM
I'm not saying the grid system is realistic because obviously it's not. It's just that it helps so much with placing certain objects and making them align evenly and perfectly together. But I agree that the grid could be smaller to make objects fit in more spots. Actually, why not make it so that objects can be placed and you can use the arrows to move them around very slightly so that they don't jump to big spots.
#46 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:08 AM
I really want to be able to attach a garage to a house without a foundation!
(without using a crap load of scary looking cheats that is)

Also more than 4 basic skin tones.
So boring!!

Sorry if these things have already been mentioned. I did not read through the first page of this post.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:09 AM
obviously for the distinction of putting things on the wall vs floor a grid is fine, but it's a different sort of grid. i hate hate hate not being able to place things wherever i want (without the use of cheats, obviously), real life isn't so structured, i like things off center, and too right i like to put more than one thing in one tile, haha.
i agree that it could be an option you turn off or on, but i really think a grid is unecessary (except, as frankie pointed out, for the people who like super order, which is fine!), especially in modern games.

a smaller subgrid may be a good alternative too, sure.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:14 AM
Actually, why not make it so that objects can be placed and you can use the arrows to move them around very slightly so that they don't jump to big spots.

not a bad idea

Mad Poster
#49 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:16 AM
I agree with you Drones, and I think it should be various options and none of them being cheats. Wall hangings can have a grid so-to-speak but so tiny that you can just have them a little off or perfectly centered. Actually, as far as grids go, we can have a very tiny one that can eventually let you place objects anywhere or maybe have a grid style but with no visible grids... if that makes sense?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:17 AM
yeah, totally!
sounds good to me

Page 2 of 7