Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine
I think a slider would be a great idea, but realistically? EA would NEVER. I think if anything, it's going to be the same as in TS2 simply because it doesn't cause controversy. If you don't want gay sims, you're not going to play with gay sims and you probably don't even realize that sims can be gay in the first place. Whereas if you want gay sims, that option is always available because of the neutrality of preference.

Honestly I don't think much will change with the whole homosexuality aspect.

Yes and while it may be fine and dandy in some ways, I still want Sims who are gay to NEVER be able to fall in love with the opposite sex. In Sims 2, they still can, hence why I have to rely on Pescado's "romance mod". If Sims 3 won't have a slider or gender preference option to actually choose, then at least make it so that it is impossible for Sims to fall for the undesired gender. But I'm still rooting for an option to choose. No more percentage. If EA can take the time and say that it is unrealistic to have to 75% pee, then it is also unrealistic to have 500 positive points toward being gay rather than just being gay period.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 5:00 AM
Yeah there should be a break-point on the preference scale, like maybe -10 to +10 (negative being gay, positive being straight) is bi, anything below -10 is strictly gay and you can't bring it back up, anything above +10 is strictly straight and you can't lower it back down. It would definitely be more realistic, although it might also inhibit some players' running storylines.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:51 AM
Besides, it's time that the game be in with the times.
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:09 AM
Um I hope you get to decide at first.. I mean a random character whos gay would be fine, but I don't want a lot. I dont even make gay sims in Sims 2, thats just awkward. And I hope the trait isn't random or able to be passed down. idk how that would work.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
All sims are bisexual as it stands right now. I don't mind that so much

They are not bisexual they are asexual. They do not have a set sexuality or preferred gender when they start (unlike, say SimCity or SimHotel which only every featured Male-Female couples).

I dont think a slider or anything like that would really add much to the game as it is not difficult to make "gay" or "straight" characters (I mean, you put "facial hair" in a guys "turn-ons" list, and chances are he will find a guy "attractive"). I actually think that sexuality is not that big a deal in The Sims - it doesn't have any impact on game play and Sims can be bisexual, gay or straight and still be happy (gay couples can adopt, have a "joint union" and publically kiss, date, etc. in The Sims and The Sims 2 which means they already have life much easier than most gays in the real world.)

However, if they want to eleaborate on that in The Sims 3, I suppose a good way of doing it would be the teen years. Maybe if they made the teenage stage a bit longer, and make more of the dating side (as, in real life, I think thats when most of us start dating and finding "our type") you could perhaps compile a series of "likes" and "dislikes" (elaborating on the 'turn on' 'turn offs' idea) that then decide, if not a sexuality per se then sexual preferences. In other words, the user makes the choice as to what the Sim fancies and whether a sim is "Gay" "Straight" or "Bisexual" as opposed to now where it is just a big fat rainbow

That way they dont run the risk of annoying the Conservative lobby, but then also dont discriminate against people who WANT to have gay/lesbian/bisexual Sims.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:22 PM
Actually, I thought about this just now... what if you get to choose "gay/bi/straight/asexual"? That way we get to have Sims that will never be able to be intimate with anyone.
Scholar
#57 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:25 PM
well latley ive been seeing sims running around swooning over the same gender, and these are sims ive never seen before. i dont know how that happened.
all the townies cant really be bi right? becuse they all have to marry and age and have kids...or is that just our sims? :s
Mad Poster
#58 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:27 PM
I've never seen generated gay townies before, but would like to.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 12:08 AM
I have only encountered two gay townies before. When one of my Romance sims were on a community lot before, a few ladies were swooning over him when I realize it was also a guy swooning over him too! The other time I think one male townie was attracted to a guy in one of my houses.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#60 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
well latley ive been seeing sims running around swooning over the same gender, and these are sims ive never seen before. i dont know how that happened.

It's in the water. ;O)
#61 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:59 AM
Haha. I just made a gay couple yesterday. Two guys. They're so adorable to play.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:37 AM
I like having all types of Sims because in reality that is how it is and so I definitely want a mixed community in Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 5:20 AM
I hope that they include some sort of way to make sims gay in the sims 3. Whether its the Sims 2 way or a new way, I really dont care lol! By the way, have any of you noticed the gay reference to the rockstar and the boy giving him googly eyes in the Sims 3 video?! :-D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyjme
I hope that they include some sort of way to make sims gay in the sims 3. Whether its the Sims 2 way or a new way, I really dont care lol! By the way, have any of you noticed the gay reference to the rockstar and the boy giving him googly eyes in the Sims 3 video?! :-D

I totally noticed the googly-eyed teen looking at the rock star... it seems like they were making eye contact too, and I thought the same thing. I thought I was the only one.

Besides sims having sexuality predetermined or forced, I really hope adoption and marriage will count for as much as it does for opposite-sex couples. I think it is less points for two gay sims to be "joined" and doesn't fulfill the "have baby/have grandchild" want when a sim adopts in TS2 which is lame.
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 6:01 AM
I personally think that 11% of Sims made should magically be gay!!
No, I'm kidding. Some people's heads would probably turn red and explode if EA did that.

I think that there should just be an extra bit in the turn ons section with a slider, and 3 sexuality defaults. That would make everything so much easier. Maybe they could also have a cheat that computer-savvy parents could put in to force Sims to all be straight too. So there aren't any angry parents with homophobic picket signs parading in front of EA games' headquarters.

Also, someone mentioned trans-gendered people, and I think that they should include that too. Just because if there are gays and bis on The Sims, why can't there be trans-gender people? I mean, they're people too. That would also make a really good reason for a hospital/plastic surgery clinic on the Sims. So you can change their faces after creating them if you feel like it (and, you know, genders... for the poor Sims who hate their genders. They could gain aspiration points for that.).

I could ramble on, but I think you guys know what I mean..... The Sims should be more like real life. Adding twists to it would only make it more fun, after all.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nova
I totally noticed the googly-eyed teen looking at the rock star... it seems like they were making eye contact too, and I thought the same thing. I thought I was the only one.

Besides sims having sexuality predetermined or forced, I really hope adoption and marriage will count for as much as it does for opposite-sex couples. I think it is less points for two gay sims to be "joined" and doesn't fulfill the "have baby/have grandchild" want when a sim adopts in TS2 which is lame.

Hehe I was so excited when I saw that in the video! It was so cute. And I never noticed that the points were not the same for union as a marriage. But your probably right there. I have noticed though that adoption doesn’t fulfill the "have baby/ have grandchild" wants... I think it would be nice if they just dropped "union" and called it all marriage. But maybe that’s just my personal feelings.
You know what would be nice in the sims 3 that I wished I could do in the sims 2 was have a female sim I choose to be a sergeant mother for my gay sims baby. Sometimes Ill just use the cheat to have a female sim that is friends with one of my gay sims and choose the "have a generic baby with.." feature in the tombstone of LD. with on of them. But then the child doest see the other male sim as its other parent and I’m to lazy to mess around with SimPE..
Mad Poster
#67 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 3:28 AM
Wow, transgendered and even crossdresser Sims would be a great addition! I know males can already wear makeup but I wish they can wear wigs and have feminine hairstyles with their real hair and wear female clothes and shoes.
#68 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:19 PM
Yes. butttt.
Some of them will flirt with my self-sim, and then my self-sim will turn gay when I'm not looking
No thank you. Neutral ftw.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:19 AM
That is not necessarily true. If your Sim is not gay he won't turn gay. We are talking about being able to choose your sexual preference. So obviously if you CHOOSE to be straight, you won't turn gay.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:36 AM
Actually, I've never had a gay character in the Sims before. Just today after I got Apartment Life and reinstalled all my stuff, as it was uninstalled since I haven't played in moths, my first character had the intention to be gay.

I think my Sim knew what was planned for him and started flirting with the male landlord. *giggle*

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Wow, transgendered and even crossdresser Sims would be a great addition!
...I think The Sims 3 might have an ESRB rating problem if that were the case. D: I think the way it is now is perfect. You choose your Sims' prefference simply based upon how you make them interact with others. The personalities/turn-ons/turn-offs system is pretty good as is. It's good enough now as it doesn't offend or annoy anyone. Homosexuals can marry, you can make bi's, you can make a polygamist community, or you can have a 100% heterosexual town.

I think it would get annoying for some people to have to select in CAS! each time or risk having a prefference you don't want. :\ There is always custom conent and hacks for anyone who wants anything inbetween.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:17 PM
Yes but I want my gay Sims to stay gay. They don't in The Sims 2 because they can still be romantic with the opposite sex. You just don't want it, and that's fine. But I and many others do and no one is forcing you to make your Sims gay either. You can make all yours straight anyway.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:30 PM
You really do have to try in order to make Sims fall in love, so I don't really see the problem - If you want your Sims to be gay, don't make them do romantic interactions with the opposite sex... Absolutely nobody is forcing you.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:08 AM
Well since in Sims 3 the romance system will be improved and your Sim won't be able to fall in love with just anyone, I hope gender preference will be included. I'm still traumatized from a bad experience a few years ago where I had a Sim who I wanted to be gay and he was raised by his elder nanny since he was a baby and when he was an adult, the nanny flirted with him autonomously and they fell in love. I was so pissed! And lately I have been noticing that Sims now flirt autonomously when they are not in love yet. This is why I am so thankful that Sims 3 will not be that way. Now the romance options won't even be available if your Sim is not interested in a certain Sim. That's a relief!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:01 PM
I really like the Sims how it's now, with everyone being bi/asexual. Some theories say that's how it is IRL anyway, just people don't realize it/show it.

Plus, if EA every included like a bar to choose your sexuality, I don't think USA would receive it to well. You saw how the Conservative Californians acted when that judge granted gay marriage rights. Something about not liking "activist judges" or something.

So, they'll probably pull some crap with "activist game companies".

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Thread that time forgot
Page 3 of 11