Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th May 2008 at 4:01 AM
The plumbbob is not over a building, it is over the child's head, it just looks that way, lol.

Wow, I still am at awe when I see this pic. I wonder if the mountains are real or just for scenery or actual neighborhood objects? If it's just graphics for scenery purpose, can you imagine the ability to change it (much like the CAS screen in Sims 2) and you can have various types of surroundings.

That child is so adorable! I want to see more children! I pray that the resemblance between a child and a child turned into an adult is more realistic than Sims 2.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 25th May 2008 at 2:12 PM
I would like mountains more than scenery elements than neighborhood objects. If it's a pre-made open neighborhood these mountains are maybe already there. We will see but it's difficult to wait.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 25th May 2008 at 2:18 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to take the sim anywhere in the neighbourhood, like on top of those mountains or have a picnic under one of the neighbourhood trees. I think it would suck if they were just neighbourhood deco, I can almost picture them admiring them the way they do with the paintings.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:03 AM
I highly doubt our Sims will climb mountains, lol. In fact, I am almost positive they are just 'hood decorations. Would be nice, though! Maybe in a future EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:22 AM
If they had a nature EP, they should allow sims to climb on the mountains :D

If this is just a pic of things to come, I can't wait for the whole thing! I wonder if we're getting more neighborhood decorations.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:42 AM
I hope so! To see such beautiful decorations in the game while playing adds more spice.
#32 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:06 PM
Game looks gorgeous.
Scholar
#33 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:09 PM
I agree, it does look beautiful!
I think those two sims are walking and talking! I like this!

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
#34 Old 26th May 2008 at 7:35 PM
=) i hope that the picnic table is real
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#35 Old 26th May 2008 at 8:29 PM
Eh, looks like propoganda to me. You should all know by now to never believe pre-release pics or videos - especially after the TS2 debacle.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
#36 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:19 AM
We should all know, but it's in a similar style to what we've seen so far.. Why be jaded?
Mad Poster
#37 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:31 AM
I am sure not everything going on is propaganda. I mean, jeez, you can't assume that everything is fake. If that were the case, then EA is just wasting time showing us useless photos for absolutely no reason. The walking and talking at the same time has been confirmed several times, for example. That just seems like something that can exist because it's considered part of the advanced gameplay. I mean there has to be some sort of huge improvement, you know?
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:32 AM
I'd like to believe it's propaganda, but it's just too awesome not to believe! I mean, sure, you're not supposed to trust everything you see/hear, but not to offend, you do have a choice to believe some, right?
#39 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:29 AM
Hmm...I would love for the sims to be able to have picnics. I hope this isn't just another case of false advertising on Maxis' part...

I'm skeptical still lol.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:26 AM
im not gonna get too excited because the screenshots EA gives out always look better then the actual game.

but it still does look really nice and i like how the couple in the back seem to be able to walk across the grass instead of in a pre-designed path like in ts2
#41 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:16 PM
Well the good news is I see a beach in the first picture, so Bon Voyage type places may be coming back.
Theorist
#42 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:03 PM
After all of the promises given pre-TS2-release in everything from live chats to screenshots, there's absolutely no reason to believe anything in these screenshots is real. In my opinion, it's better for people to be jaded and cynical about the whole thing then possibly end up being pleasantly surprised by what the game does have than be pumped up about the release for eons in advance only to find when it does ship half the things promised aren't delivered (although at least some of what's promised base-game will be added to later expansion packs for which we pay through the nose), and the half that is delivered has bugs up the wazoo.

So, skeptical? You bet!

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Instructor
#43 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:14 PM
A larger version is now up at www.snootysims.com
Forum Resident
#44 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
A larger version is now up at www.snootysims.com

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

I love the top of the woman in the background. And I have high hopes that we'll have a swimmable ocean in the base game. That was the best thing about BV.
Alchemist
#45 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:20 PM
I just noticed, one of the palm trees appear to be blowing in the wind.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:29 AM
Yes, it was stated since day 1 that there will be wind that blow on trees.

Now that we see the larger version, do you guys notice the beach homes? And there are also houses on hills and higher terrain levels, even close to the mountains. Wow, this is really cool if it were true!

I know it is safer to be skeptical. I guess I just got too spoiled now with what we see and that they should be in the game. It's hard not to be hopeful.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:40 AM
I see a water tower on the hills! I wonder if sims can climb on that thing and have a view of the 'hood.

Look at the detail of that flower shirt! And the food...I think we're getting more types of food in TS3.And hopefully, grilled cheese would be back. :D

I wonder if this is a mark of how big the town really is. Just wondering, though.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:05 AM
Well, in articles it was stated that the town was indeed going to be the size of a real-life small town. And I'm sure we will be getting new foods because remember now Sims can have favorite foods so that means that they won't eat just anything like they do in Sims 2. Also Vegetarians won't eat meat either. And it would be cool to look over the town after climbing the water tower. Or maybe just have a watch tower instead.

EDIT: Grilled cheese got way too popular to be left out in Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:27 AM
An interactive lighthouse would be nice. But I don't see any pics on it, though.
Instructor
#50 Old 28th May 2008 at 4:41 AM
Page 2 of 4