Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:00 AM
Default Possible New Age Group?
The article from PC Gamer magazine said 11 voice actors have signed onto the project. For TS2, there are 9, I believe-

Baby
Toddler
Child
Male Teen
Female Teen
Male Adult
Female Adult
Male Elder
Female Elder

What are the other two? Could we possibly be getting a middle age or preteen?

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:42 AM
Well ... I always thought there were more than nine for TS2, because it sounds to me at least like there are a couple different versions of the voices, at least for Adult. Well, I know that there's a deeper Female Adult voice and a lighter Female Adult voice. I can't remember if there's two Adult Male voices.

And if you count Uni, there's also YA.

There's also the possibility that one voice actor does multiple age groups.
Theorist
#3 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:44 AM
They really need to add pre-schooler, pre-teen, and middle age. It's very strange if you make a realistic story and suddenly the character jumped between age stages.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:22 PM
Furude Rika- Well I know that the people who do the voices for the teens are the sole voices for the teens and don't extend their talents to other age groups. I just assumed it was the same for the other life stages as each voice seems to stay consistent within its life stage and sound different from the rest. Also, don't young adults use the same voice clips as adults?

Besides that, I thought I counted eight or nine voice actors in the game credits awhile back... However, I'm not in my game right now, so I can't double check.

Treeag- Those are exactly what I've been hoping for, as well. It looks like they're just adding one more, though, unless they plan on hiring more actors later on or having them do multiple roles as Furude Rika suggested.

Sensitivity is strength.
#5 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:33 PM
the voices can be changed with special programs so maybe a possible preteen voice will have a bit more pitched version of the teen one or something like this
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:57 PM
Yeah, that would work, I suppose. Except that age groups tend to say things differently (use different words, tones, etc.). It would be cool to choose voice pitch overall, though, as another way of making sims more unique.

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:07 PM
I think pre teens would actually be great. I never really liked how kids just turn from child to teen. A pre teen would be really nice. Maybe with special crushes and everything.

Also pre toddler, that would also be good.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:13 PM
What I really want is gradual aging, no more stages, but I don't think that's going to happen. So my second choice would be infant, toddler, preschool, child, preteen, teen, adult, middle age, and elderly. However, since there are only 11 voice actors, my best guess is that it will be exactly the same as TS2 with a middle age thrown in.

Sensitivity is strength.
Inventor
#9 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:07 PM
Middle age would certainly be helpful! However, I'd love to be able to have different types of voices, like they did with MySims. That would be awesome!
#10 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:23 PM
I'd love them to age seamlessly, and grow by teeny amounts overnight Obviously not as slowly as humans, but instead of shooting up 2ft in a couple of seconds.. Ouch, growing pains and stretch marks, much?

Maybe they'll have teenage boys voice breaking. Like.. "Flack sham narEEEGH *squeak*". Twould amuse me.
#11 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:53 PM
I'd say middle age is a must, hopefully another pre-adult stage as well (somewhere inbetween toddler and adult)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Haylifer
I'd love them to age seamlessly, and grow by teeny amounts overnight
Maybe they'll have teenage boys voice breaking. Like.. "Flack sham narEEEGH *squeak*". Twould amuse me.

Yeah but then that wouldnt be realistic....gradual deepening is a must though..it doesnt look as though we will get gradual aging.....tsk
Scholar
#13 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrawberryKisses
I think pre teens would actually be great. I never really liked how kids just turn from child to teen. A pre teen would be really nice. Maybe with special crushes and everything.

Also pre toddler, that would also be good.

Everyone already complains that infants are boring because they don't do anything and a pre-toddler isn't going to do a lot more than a toddler does. I don't see much point for that stage at all.

Pre-teens, however, would definetly be good. It would be nice to have our 13 year old sims actually look like a 13 year old instead of like a 16-17 year old as they do now.
#14 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:43 PM
Everyone complains about infants and toddlers because they haven't given us the things we want to do with them. Although I think pre-toddler IS infant. I really hope they give us more to do with infants and toddlers. I'm hoping with a seamless neighborhood that we have to take them along when we go places. And, Infants NEED clothes! (Poor little naked babies.)

About the YA voice. I'm pretty sure YA's are the same size as adults with a teen voice.

I would like to have infant, toddler, child, preteen, teen, young adult, adult, middle aged, and elder. That's of course if the aging isn't gradual which is what I really want.
#15 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:44 PM
I think a Middle Age is needed. It's strange how our adult sims, look 25 (at most) years old and then all of a sudden are elderly. It's also weird to me to have parents with teenagers and young adult children, who don't look old enough to have physically mothered/fathered them.

And I agree with Feenkitty, infants need clothes ^.^
#16 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Feenkitty
...And, Infants NEED clothes! (Poor little naked babies.)

I second that. I also want to know why the babies are born with diapers?

Another thing sort of having to do with age. I hope that we can see sims gradually grow throughout their lives. Instead of growing up all at once after a certain amount of days.
Inventor
#17 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:51 PM
I hope it a preteen or middle age group, that would be awesome. Of course it could just be that instead of one actor per age group, Toddlers and kids have separate male/female actors...
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
I hope it a preteen or middle age group, that would be awesome. Of course it could just be that instead of one actor per age group, Toddlers and kids have separate male/female actors...

Nope, it sounds like they'll be continuing in the same tradition. The article mentioned something about a voice actor from TS2 signing onto TS3 to continue her roll as the gender-neutral kids' voice. I was actually hoping they'd assign separate actors for the genders this time around, but as we know, EA doesn't give kids much priority.

Sensitivity is strength.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM
In the Sims Bustin' Out, I seem to remember the credits saying there was a voice actor for the parrot. So, keep in mind, that a voice actor may necessarily be used for a human in-game.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#20 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 8:38 PM
I really hope there is more to do with babies and toddlers. I love them when they're small, they are adorable but soo boring right now.. and toddlers are more of a pain in game than in real life :P
I'm also really hoping that aging is gradual, but I guess they're leaving us in suspense about that for now.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:11 PM
Young Adults look like adults but they have teen voices and have a mixture of teen and adult clothing, for those of you who don't know that.

I'm sorry, guys, but preschool stage is necessary if we do get life stages in TS3. How can you guys think that there isn't a big jump between toddlers and children? Of course there is! Toddlers are at least no older than 2 to 3. Children are probably around 8. That is a big jump, so I hope preschool age will be added.

On top of that, I agree that preteen and middle-age should be added and young adults should be kept as well but not as the only ones who get to go to college, as college now should be in the base game for young adults and older.

And more interactions for babies and toddlers, please! They deserve to also go to community lots! Strollers can now be added.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:02 AM
I hope they can change the voices for toodlers, its always the same, and not good voices. And the voices of elders, don't like these voices either. Horrible. I agree we could have more "stages" - would make the game more fun.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:24 AM
I don't like the idea of middle-aged, that means, less time to be an Adult which is the best age-group of all.

As for voice actors, you got to remember the Repoman, and Miss Crumplebottom have voices of their own, and so does the Social Worker I believe, so there be much more than 9 for The Sims2, so pity that The Sims3 will only have 11.
#24 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:39 AM
I really hope the voices have a slider. =D
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
I don't like the idea of middle-aged, that means, less time to be an Adult which is the best age-group of all.

Not necessarily. They could just extend the overall lifespan. I'm hoping for longer lives, regardless. Sims age too quickly now!

And that's right, young adults have teen voices. Thanks for clarifying, Frankie! I knew they borrowed one of the pre-existing voices.

And I haven't seen any animals so far in the screenshots, so I doubt the extra voices would be for them, but I didn't realize NPC's had different voices. Hmm, now I'm really curious. Is it possible the aging system won't be improved at all? That would really suck.

Sensitivity is strength.
Page 1 of 5