Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:26 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:24 PM.
Default The Oogly Legacy Challange
Ever since I Posted my very UGLY Sims On the Oogly Sims theread I've been Bombarded with PM's asking me what is the Oogly family legacy is?

First off you need to Create a VERY ugly sim in the CAS screen or have and ugly sim.

Second fallowing the Legacy rules which can be found here http://www.legacychallenge.com/index.html

And Third you have up the Tenth Generation to breed out the ugly genes
a slight veration might be seeing how ugly you can get you sim by the Tenth Generation (which is what I'm doing)

I hope this clear things up
I'm looking forward to seeing your crazy families
Have fun
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:59 PM
hahaha this sounds hillarious! wowm i never thought of this. i will be starting this soon, maybe this weekend... i already have the perfect sim waiting for me in the pleasantview family bin... his name is Gamen Hoeler
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 12:54 PM
Meet My New Oogly Legacy Founder
Rohana Ugg
Aries
Fortune
LTW: Become a Hall of Famer

acually she didn't turn out to bad
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:38 AM
this seems like fun..... tryin
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrillianRikku
Meet My New Oogly Legacy Founder
Rohana Ugg
Aries
Fortune
LTW: Become a Hall of Famer

acually she didn't turn out to bad

She doesn't look ugly, per say, as much as she just very strongly resembles a cat.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM Last edited by CrazySimPlayer : 15th Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM.
This sounds like fun, Im definatly gonna try this!

Update: Ok, i have made my ugly sim (maybe i'll put a picture up ).
I have gone through 2 generations so far, but my kids were taken away by the social worker...So I sorta have to start over...
Banned
#7 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:52 PM.
Default Eugenics Challenge
This is a more advanced version of the Oogly Challenge.

The objective is to create a fugly couple, breed them, then marry them with attractive townies. You have until the fifth generation to breed out the fugliness.

1. Create a husband and wife in CAS to be your legacy founders. Don't pull any punches; make them as freakish and hideous as the game engine will allow. Push all the sliders to the right or all to the left. Use the bulldoggy templates or the really chiseled templates. You basically have to break off a branch from the ugly tree and beat your sims senseless with it. IMPORTANT: Do not set their aspirations to Romance or Popularity. Save that for their descendants.

2. Move them in somewhere, anywhere, it doesn't matter. Premade lots, custom lots, wherever. Set them up and buy them whatever they need. Get them jobs, make them friends, put them on career tracks, start businesses, basically let them live out their lives however you like.

3. During the course of their lives, they must have one child born in the game as a result of the "Try For Baby" interaction. Roll the pacifier or not, that's up to you. Once that child grows up, set their aspiration to whatever you like and get them to find the most good-looking townie available to hit on. Get married, pop out a kid and see how the genes have been affected.

4. Lather, rinse and repeat until the fifth generation.

Restrictions (may vary according to which EPs you have):
Your sims may not get plastic surgery, obviously. That means no using the Ug-No-More makeover chair or the Dr. Wu's Automated Cosmetic Surgery Station career reward. This challenge is about BREEDING out the fugliness.
Your sims may not use the matchmaker service.
Your sims may not use the genie. Sell the lamp in the event that you get it.
Your sims may not wear Compulsion perfume or drink Love Potion #8.5.
Your sims may not use the wishing well.

SCORE:
-2000 for every fugly sim born in your legacy
+3000 for every good-looking sim born in your legacy
+1000 for each sim to achieve their Lifetime Want
-500 for each day a sim is in red aspiration
-1000 for each legacy sim to die from anything other than old age
-500 for each time a sim is rejected for romance (ie. kiss, date, roll in the hay)
+100 for each successful romantic interaction (ie. kiss, date, roll in the hay)
-1500 for each rejected marriage proposal
+1000 for each marriage
-300 for each failed "Try For Baby" attempt

Calculate your score as a percentage. (100% = 15000 points)

In order to successfully complete the challenge, you must age the fifth generation to adult.

I'm playing this challenge at the moment, I'll keep you posted.
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:03 PM
If your original sims have more than one child, do you have to keep all the heirs going through all 5 generations?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:22 PM
I did this challenge a couple weeks ago on my own. Unfortunately I deleted the family and have no pictures, but my sims were disgusting, and I had a perfectly cute sim born in the 5th generation. It was fun (:
Banned
#10 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
If your original sims have more than one child, do you have to keep all the heirs going through all 5 generations?

Yes, you do. Hence why I said one child, because it's easier to manage. Killing off any of the extra legacy sims incurs a 1000-point penalty per sim.

EDIT: If your sims adopt any extra children, however, the adopted children don't count as part of the legacy.
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
Yes, you do. Hence why I said one child, because it's easier to manage. Killing off any of the extra legacy sims incurs a 1000-point penalty per sim.

EDIT: If your sims adopt any extra children, however, the adopted children don't count as part of the legacy.

Ooo, guess I should remove my Risky WooHoo mod then, lol.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:01 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:21 PM.
Default The Ugly Sims INVADE your hometown!
This is for all you "lookists" out there :P

Create two adult sims, a man and a woman, and make them as UGLY as you can I've made Mr./Mrs. Ugg, which I'll show pics of later. (Why doesn't any website like .bmp files!?! Gah!)

Then, create as many babies as you can (you don't have to use cheesecake to make twins) while they are both adults. Use maids and nannies, bulters aren't allowed (the bulter doesn't like Alien babies after all, and they're so cute ).

You can age them up with a hack/mod, add a challenge while they're growing up, whatever you want However, when they're adults, they MUST move a townie in and make babies with them.

You are not allowed to use anything to make the townie or the ugly spawn pretty, though if you can think of anything to make them uglier, that's awesome. Clashing outfits would be fun too! Also, you may make your own CAS sim to mate with one spawn per generation - though looks must be average.

My ultimate goal is to eventually create a child that is beautiful with those horrible genes (and laugh at the results of the ugliness!)

I will post a point system and alturnative goals tomorrow afternoon/evening, it is much too late for me to do much more and I'm going out during the day. But if you wish to start now, by all means create and post your pics of your ugly sims/spawn. The point system won't be important until toddler stage, so you can start and save when you have a toddler if you're super impatient (like I can be)

So, hopefully you guys like this challenge! Feel free to make suggestions, this is my first challenge after all!
Theorist
#13 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:10 AM
Can you define ugly in a more specific way? Since someone good-looking to me might not be good-looking to other people, I guess the term 'ugly' applies in the same way.
Or is it, like, as long as I think the Sim is ugly I don't need to care whether or not other people think he/she is ugly?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:34 PM
Maybe with giant eyes and noses? :P

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Theorist
#15 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:53 PM
Or maybe ebec should just post a picture of her Mr & Mrs Ugg, so we know what she means by ugly
Scholar
#16 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Or maybe ebec should just post a picture of her Mr & Mrs Ugg, so we know what she means by ugly

She did in the Ugly Kids thread. Look at post #49

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:12 PM
ebec17, there are already a couple other versions of this idea. The original "ugly" legacy challenge can be found here and perihelion made a more difficult version which is here. Maybe peek at those to come up with some new ideas for scoring?
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 9:04 PM
Thanks katalina522 for the links
When I'm thinking of ugly, it means that it is much uglier then what YOU personally make your sims. So if you're really a lookist, then a below average looking sim might be really ugly to you. But if you want to do something super ugly like Mr. and Mrs. Ugg, then that's fun too.

Custom eyes/hair/skin is encouraged I just can't figure that stuff out yet, but I would love to see others do that.

I'm glad somebody posted the link to Mr./Mrs. Ugg, I should have done that Oh well, posting at 1 am will do strange things to you :P

Okay, so here is the required rules. Everything else is up to you

Required rules:

Both founder sims must match your personal definition of ugly.

They must have at least three children

Each child must mate with a townie

This challenge lasts from 3-5 generations, depending on your level of patience and what the children look like

No bulter allowed, though maid and nanny are allowed

You may make your own CAS sim to mate with one child per generation - though looks must not be super attractive and no custom stuff is allowed.

You can use one motherlode at the beginning of the game (especially if you plan on having many children, but that is it for money cheats.

The expensive telescope is required Every second night, get your male adult sim to look at the telescope at least 5 times to try to get abducted.

One or both founders must have a romance asperation. If you only chose one to be romance, pick another asperiation that you do not play much or find difficult.

I can't think of anything else, I'll edit it in if I do though!

Scoring:

-10 for each cheat/mod(disable any that you have)/hack besides motherlode you use (though you are not allowed to use any other money cheats!)

+15 for each skill (logic, creativity, etc) maxed out.

+5 for each pair of twins (even when using cheesecake )

-20 for any townies that the founders move in

+10 for each toddler that learns all skills

+10 for each child's first A+

-5 each day that a child has a grade of C or lower (NO cheats allowed to get rid of homework/school, though changing it to night school will only be a -10 for using a cheat/mod/hack)

+20 for each supernatural (vampire, werewolf, witch, etc) that mates with one of the children

-15 for each affair (heavy flirtiing+) that each founder has (though children can have affairs with other TOWNIES)

+10 for owning a community lot (Am unsure if this deserves more points)

+50 for not using free will (+5 for each child you have while not using free will)

Okay, this is what I can think of right now, I'll update with more when I think of more. I hope this is okay for now

I hope a few people want to try this, I know it's not the best challenge, but I'm trying my best
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:15 PM
Sounds fun, but I have a few suggestions to make this challenge better/funner.

1. Edit your original post with the newer rules and screenshots.
2. "+50 for not using free will (+5 for each child you have while not using free will)" isn't really... hard. With free will on, sims do their own thing, but while off... the player complete controls everything. Every single person would get 55 points for doing a very easy task.
3. "+10 for owning a community lot" That should be worth around 70 - 100 points, depending on the size/net worth of the lot.

Hope this helps!
Scholar
#20 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bleasie
Sounds fun, but I have a few suggestions to make this challenge better/funner.

1. Edit your original post with the newer rules and screenshots.
2. "+50 for not using free will (+5 for each child you have while not using free will)" isn't really... hard. With free will on, sims do their own thing, but while off... the player complete controls everything. Every single person would get 55 points for doing a very easy task.
3. "+10 for owning a community lot" That should be worth around 70 - 100 points, depending on the size/net worth of the lot.

Hope this helps!
Oh, I find controlling my sims completely is tough, especially when I have a lot of them But because I'm new to Sims 2, that might be just because I'm a newbie
Thanks for the advice of the community lot
For #1, that's a good suggestion, I'll do it later today
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 7:57 PM.
New challange- Ugly to pretty!
Ok, basically go to CAS and make a really ugly sim! No cheating.

Rules in create a sim.
. Where you edit the facial features(where you change the hair) You must make you sim have a really big nose, big forehead, sticky out cheeks and massive ears. AT LEAST!
.Hair must be short, and either ginger or black(nothing against that hair colour) eye colour must be green or light blue.
.Clothes can be anything.

Rules playing the game.
-You can use cheats like normal- maxmotives and all that but you can't use the face changer( don't know the proper name) but basically you can't change anyones face!
-You can only marry Townies, not your own made sim.
- A pretty sim- means a normal shaped nose, normal ears, cheeks normal.

Points.
-What ever generation you are on gets taken of 10 points. Eg- generation 6= 4 points.
- if you have made you sim uglier at the start big lips or anything extra add ten points(for each one)
-If you have a normal looking sim in three generations- add 30 points.
- If you go over generation 10 minus 11 points.

Point reward.
47+.... A*
40-46- A
35- 39-B
30-34- c
20-29- d
0-19- e
Minus number- F
Please let me know what you think- i'm new
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 3:20 AM
By normal, you mean proportional features, right? The winning sim doesn't have to be exceptionally beautiful by any means, just acceptable (not fugly)?
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:29 AM
Yep, normal features (: because beauty is in the eye withholder, so it wouldn't be fair.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:55 AM
It would be very cool.
Instructor
#25 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:43 PM
Maybe I´ll try this. Sounds interesting and different.
Page 1 of 3