Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 2:04 AM
When a toddler is playing with a toy (like the Wabbit) the parent can come to the toddler and "play with"
Clean sims always clap their hands when you give them a cleaning task
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:21 AM
Child Sims can tease toddlers. Why is the only child-toddler interaction one that makes them hate each other? ;p
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketchy
Child Sims can tease toddlers. Why is the only child-toddler interaction one that makes them hate each other? ;p

They can also play with them... it pretty much depends on how many nice points they have. They're really bratty to their sibs if they are mean little kids.
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeJaye
And I heard that dogs will mourn for their sims too.

Yeah they start howling, it's really really sad!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere before ages ago, but I just discovered that if you buy a bookshelf, have a sim study something, then sell the bookshelf while they still have the book out, you can still use the book to study without the shelf. They will just put the book down on a table or any other available space when they're done with it. Pretty cool if your sim is poor or short on space.
#56 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:22 AM
I discovered that sims can chicken out on the diving board. Don't know why, since they'll still use the ladder to get it, but it's pretty funny.

I also discovered that sims age transition with the most horrible clothes known to humans!

Thank Simmers for Custom Content.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:25 AM
I just got Pets a few days ago, and I've just discovered that the dogs drink their own pee And roll in it.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by craptastic
I just got Pets a few days ago, and I've just discovered that the dogs drink their own pee And roll in it.

Yeah, kinda disgusting LOL :P

Drink his own pee :S Jeez, that crazy stuff ^^ Wonder if dogs like the taste (Never seen mine Real Dog doing it though)
Field Researcher
#59 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 4:55 AM
Well, more yesterday than today. But I discovered that if you're planning to play your Sim's wants in numerical order, you better pray you don't get a female Family Sim with Have A Baby in Slot # 1.

I tried to fulfill for this for one such Sim. So they woo-hoo that night they move in. The next morning she's in hunger desparation. But she's already in the bathtub washing up when I notice this.

So she gets out of the tub starts to wonder if she's pregnant and promptly keels over into the fetal position. I'm caught so off-gaurd by this that I'm lucky to properly summon her husband to the bathroom. One night in the house and he already has to plead with the Grim Reaper for her life. Unfortunately, I fumble the task and accidentally cancel the action before Hubby can complete it and his bride dies. Naturally I deleted him and acted like nothing ever happened on the lot. Another couple lives there now and has no clue what happened to the prior occupants.
#60 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 7:27 AM
I learned my game is seriously mucked up... my Betty Newbie i shown as alive and well since i restarted.

Oh yeah and the coach just appears randomly even in my frat of full body skills, full fitness sims
#61 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 6:25 PM
My same sex couple had a LW of "6 pets reach top of career"
I didn't play them long enough to try to do it, just saw it when I first moved them in.
He was the wealth aspiration I think
#62 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roboevil
I discovered you can take your cat to work...
Assuming it's a glitch, my Sim was holding my kitten at the time the carpool arrived. He changed into his work clothes (still holding the kitten), walked outside (still holding the kitten), got in the car (still holding the kitten), and off he went (guess what? Still holding the kitten!)

That happened to me this weekend. Stephen Tinker was holding his puppy when the carpool came to pick him up and he took it to work with him. Somehow I don't think his boss would have liked that since Stephen was a shift manager at a fast food restaurant.
Then the next day, they were having a birthday party for their twin girls. He had brought one of them to her cake when the carpool came. He had just stood there with the baby for the longest time without age transition. Finally I cancelled out command because I didn't want him to miss his ride. Instead of putting the baby down, he took her to work with him. And the strangest thing was that all their guests that had gathered around the cake stayed there the whole time. I even tried to get Wanda,Melodie and their other two daughted to engage the guests in other activites but they stayed put. When Stephen got back from work, as soon as he got out the car the baby grew up. Then the guests started cheering. Too weird.
#63 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 11:48 AM
dogs like to knock the bin over and roll in the rubbish
Test Subject
#64 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 8:19 PM
If you are playing a severely sloppy sim, like Don Lothario or his children (at least in my game his kids are sloppy), you have the option to 'salvage' if you click on the garbage can. I've seen them make anywhere from $4 to $12. It was kind of cute (by cute, I mean, a little gross) when the kid did it. She fell all the way in the bin. Teens don't fall in.

I also noticed that sims love playing with the birds and the womrats, but don't mourn them when they die.

Nina Caliente is actually a pretty nice, if a rather single-mindedly domestic, sim. And she's very clean. Grim came to get her because she was so busy taking care of the house and feeding everyone else that she forgot to eat. Which is funny because I always thought she and her sister were skanks.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:00 PM
Kitties sing along with the stereo :lovestruc it's adorable. Kind of annoying, but adorable all the same. My sim turned on the stereo, and her kitty walked over in front of it and was going "meow meow meowwwww MEOW meow meow meow meowwwww" while bobbing her head back and forth and lifting her paws every now and again.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unsettled_76
If you are playing a severely sloppy sim, like Don Lothario or his children (at least in my game his kids are sloppy), you have the option to 'salvage' if you click on the garbage can. I've seen them make anywhere from $4 to $12. It was kind of cute (by cute, I mean, a little gross) when the kid did it. She fell all the way in the bin. Teens don't fall in.

His alien offspring aren't sloppy in my game though -- and by "aren't sloppy" I mean complete neat freaks.

What I discovered: Pet owners who randomly walk by other lots bring the pet with them. It was weird seeing Robert Kim waddling by with Gabby tagging along
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 8:34 AM
In pets, if a sim is playing the piano, the dog will sit by and 'sing' along with the piano @_@ Dogs can also lick/sniff toddlers (the licking is absolutely adorable!! ^O^).

Pets can sleep on the bay windows! New Lifetime want - have 20 pet best friends! @_@ Dear lord! Why did my sim have to have this LTW?! T_T

Transformed werewolves can't use the mirror to change appearance (too hairy, is what I got :laugh: )

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
#68 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:23 AM
cats can literally sleep anywhere. 8D besides beds and petbeds.
Site Helper
#69 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melodyway17
In pets, if a sim is playing the piano, the dog will sit by and 'sing' along with the piano @_@ Dogs can also lick/sniff toddlers (the licking is absolutely adorable!! ^O^).

Pets can sleep on the bay windows! New Lifetime want - have 20 pet best friends! @_@ Dear lord! Why did my sim have to have this LTW?! T_T

Transformed werewolves can't use the mirror to change appearance (too hairy, is what I got :laugh: )

Ok, they let vampires with no reflection use a mirror to change appearance, but they don't let a werewolf (who DOES have a reflection) use a mirror?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#70 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:22 PM
There was something, but I forget what exactly it was.
Oops...
Forum Resident
#71 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:25 AM
I discovered you can lock and unlock doors for Sims and Pets..how cool! It's funny when I find these things out! I clicked on door by accident and there it was haha!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
#72 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:45 AM
Ok I haven't seen this but my sim was stuffing his face from the fridge, drinking milk from the carton and what not. He is a neat sim also and he wasn't really hungry I guess he was doing like we all do and open the fridge when bored.
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:27 AM
If Sims don't like a deceased Sim, they can kick their gravestone. Hilarious!
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:40 AM
If you send a pregnant lady to trim the bushes, and don't realize both her hunger and energy bars are on the red, it's practically impossible to bring her back to wellness. The odd thing is, after I got her better, I sent her in to have a shower and after she came out, she curled up and died.... I still don't know why. Now she's a zombie, and her baby (born from her as a zombie) is a gorgeous toddler.
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:16 AM
That elder sims can receive a pension and have a job in a player business at the same time.
That when you kill the last sim in a house you get a messag saying that Sims is a LIFE simulation game, and wondering whether you meant to kill them all. I'm slightly surprised I've never done this before.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 3 of 619