Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 2:15 AM
hello??? anyone else there???
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmough
Is it just me or is Buck really gay?
he wanted to be a pet stylist which i find very odd
or he could just want to unleash his creativity and he's fond of taking care of pets.
I mean there are many straight guys that are fashion stylist and i have a friend who's uncle is a pet stylist, but he's straight because he's married (TO A WOMAN).
could it just be me?

I think EAxis actually set up certain characters in Strangetown to be gay, or at least bi-sexual, Buck and Nervous Subject in particular. Yes, Buck being a pet stylist does make it seem that way, and if you let Nervous Subject loose in the Curious house, he tends to flirt with Pascal autonomously.

I like what you've done with your Strangetown, and you too, Figgi, Oceanborn and Zora! Very interesting adventures, I only hope I can do as much credit to Strangetown as you all have. I'm still working on a Strangetown movie series but debating if it's too violent. Anyone want to beta-watch it??

Anyway, thanks for great read, everyone! Keep posting more of your Strangetown stories!
#53 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 10:03 AM
I've started on a new custom hood called Aridia (desert town) and I'm taking a break from Strangetown. I've only done for 3 days and I hope my break won't last long. I'm starting to wonder how I can spice up my Strangetown.
I love it!
So damn much......
But the problem with the maxis hoods are that maxis made the characters so interesting that I won't let them die. Not the Strangetowners. Not the Curious brothers!
But one day they have to die. Sometimes the first generation gets so much more interesting than the second.

I think the kids in Strangetown are really interesting but I'm wondering if I've already done too much already. Maybe I've had too many kids, maybe I don't vary enough, maybe I have got too many families there???

Joe Mulcahy, I would love to see more of your Strangetown movie!
And for the gay thing.....
In my game Nervous, Buck and Pascal are gay. No one are bi. Most of my "bi" sims are the romance sims who fall for anyone.
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
But the problem with the maxis hoods are that maxis made the characters so interesting that I won't let them die. Not the Strangetowners. Not the Curious brothers!

Same here, it's hard to let go...

But one day they have to die. Sometimes the first generation gets so much more interesting than the second.

Yeah. Everyone ha to go sooner or later, no one lives forever...
#55 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:41 PM

I think the kids in Strangetown are really interesting but I'm wondering if I've already done too much already. Maybe I've had too many kids, maybe I don't vary enough, maybe I have got too many families there???

Joe Mulcahy, I would love to see more of your Strangetown movie!
And for the gay thing.....
In my game Nervous, Buck and Pascal are gay. No one are bi. Most of my "bi" sims are the romance sims who fall for anyone.
I have no problem with letting Maxis sims die, because ultimately I know I can always spawn a new Strangetown and start all over if I want to. Plus, no matter how much I love a sim that's about to die, there's always somebody in the next generation who I can pour my affections out on. :D

You can see the last updated Strangetown pictures (of ALL the kids) here. It's just way too much to repost. I'm halfway through playing the next round.

In my current generation of adults, Pascal is gay, Nervous is bi and Buck is...confused Of the children in the link I posted, some have already grown into teenagers, and one is gay and another is bi. But I won't say who. :P
#56 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 10:01 PM
Another annoying thing. Buzz and Lyla's daughter Yvonne seems to look exactly like a female clone of the General. I did resurrect Lyla but I thought she had functioning recessive genes. It seems like Yvonne looks exactly like Buzz. Can you see that she looks like Lyla? Or is she (like I think) a clone of Buzz???

I'm very tempted to make a new start with a new Strangetown and do everything anew. Maybe make a journal about what's happening in my Strangetown.
Should I? Or should I go from where I am now?
I do love my current sims but I wonder if I've gone too far..... I've built a downtown for my Strangetown, populated it with unnecessary sims etc.
Maybe I should do some deletings?
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 6:01 AM
Another annoying thing. Buzz and Lyla's daughter Yvonne seems to look exactly like a female clone of the General. I did resurrect Lyla but I thought she had functioning recessive genes. It seems like Yvonne looks exactly like Buzz. Can you see that she looks like Lyla? Or is she (like I think) a clone of Buzz???

I'm very tempted to make a new start with a new Strangetown and do everything anew. Maybe make a journal about what's happening in my Strangetown.
Should I? Or should I go from where I am now?
I do love my current sims but I wonder if I've gone too far..... I've built a downtown for my Strangetown, populated it with unnecessary sims etc.
Maybe I should do some deletings?

Looking in SIMpe, Lyla has the genes for the same dark blue eyes as General Buzz, but that the hair colour will be blonde. She's missing DNA for skintone though. As for features that she'll pass down, it's the nose and cheekbones.

As for General Buzz, wow! This is confusing. He carries DNA for brown hair, the lightest colour skin (but missing a line for his own skintone) and ... GREY EYES, both in genotype and phenotype? Wha-at? As for what features he'll pass down, it's the eyes and jaw (since the eyes are powerful features, that might be why their daughter looks like General Buzz. Noses and cheekbones aren't that salient usually).

I never thought to resurrenct Lyla and never had Buzz breed with anyone(scary to think of him treating another child like he treats Ripp and Buck), so I never bothered fixing his genetics. If I ever start Strangetown again, the first thing I'll do is repair the DNA of everyone that lives there.

If you do elect to restart your Strangetown and make a journal of it, I will be one of your faithful readers, for I love to read Strangetown stories. I had to restart Strangetown once, and that was because after three generations, the gene pool of the town was so limited that I couldn't avoid marrying relatives to one another.
Scholar
#58 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=oceanborn]

Olive had a fight with Loki Beaker because he had captured her son for so many years. They became enemies....

QUOTE]

Nervous wasn't captured, he was actually taken away by the social worker - if you check Olive's memories you'll see. I tried to get Olive to adopt and the social worker turned her down because Nervous was taken away.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#59 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joe_mulcahy
Looking in SIMpe, Lyla has the genes for the same dark blue eyes as General Buzz, but that the hair colour will be blonde. She's missing DNA for skintone though. As for features that she'll pass down, it's the nose and cheekbones.

As for General Buzz, wow! This is confusing. He carries DNA for brown hair, the lightest colour skin (but missing a line for his own skintone) and ... GREY EYES, both in genotype and phenotype? Wha-at? As for what features he'll pass down, it's the eyes and jaw (since the eyes are powerful features, that might be why their daughter looks like General Buzz. Noses and cheekbones aren't that salient usually).

I never thought to resurrenct Lyla and never had Buzz breed with anyone(scary to think of him treating another child like he treats Ripp and Buck), so I never bothered fixing his genetics. If I ever start Strangetown again, the first thing I'll do is repair the DNA of everyone that lives there.

If you do elect to restart your Strangetown and make a journal of it, I will be one of your faithful readers, for I love to read Strangetown stories. I had to restart Strangetown once, and that was because after three generations, the gene pool of the town was so limited that I couldn't avoid marrying relatives to one another.

I was so confused for a second, because in my game General Buzz has his gray eyes! But then I remembered before I started playing I corrected his genetics in Sim PE, lol.

In my game General Buzz has two more kids, twins. He treats the boy like Tank (loves him) and treats the girl like Buck (could care less!). When Ripp died, everybody ran in the room crying, but he felt like making a TV dinner He also has one granddaughter through Tank who he doesn't like, and he HATES his daughter-in-law. He's such a grump! But I like playing non-perfect family relationships. :smash:

I've never had any interest in resurrecting Lyla, though I have often considered bringing back Ophelia's parents. That will have to wait though, because I want to play this Strangetown for a couple more generations, and then I want to get my hands on Pleasantview...I've never played it before.
Scholar
#60 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 2:43 PM
I haven't played Strangetown for a while, I find it less gripping than the Pleasantview storyline. Although to be fair I do like Johnny and Ophelia - I find they're a cute couple. And I also like Jill and Tank - they have cute children.

#61 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zora
I was so confused for a second, because in my game General Buzz has his gray eyes! But then I remembered before I started playing I corrected his genetics in Sim PE, lol.

In my game General Buzz has two more kids, twins. He treats the boy like Tank (loves him) and treats the girl like Buck (could care less!). When Ripp died, everybody ran in the room crying, but he felt like making a TV dinner He also has one granddaughter through Tank who he doesn't like, and he HATES his daughter-in-law. He's such a grump! But I like playing non-perfect family relationships. :smash:

I've never had any interest in resurrecting Lyla, though I have often considered bringing back Ophelia's parents. That will have to wait though, because I want to play this Strangetown for a couple more generations, and then I want to get my hands on Pleasantview...I've never played it before.

General Buzz has grey eyes in my game too. I never really fixed the genes of anyone. I've never had any problems with any of them breeding and Vidcund and Circe had their daughter Ruby some days ago and it went fantastic!

And this is what happened to Loki Beaker
He and Circe broke up and Circe went and married Vidcund. Loki moved into a small starter home and he was pissed and had a low aspiration level. I changed his ambition to fortune..... well....... grilled cheese at first...... and then he wanted to marry a rich sim. I had him capture Olive Specter before she died and she was so angry in him for keeping her son locked into his basement all the years. He managed to calm down Olive and married her. He moved into her house and she was so old. She only had one day left. But she managed to kill him (like all her other hubbys) before she died. In the end she was so sure that he was only after her money.
And then she died......
And Ophelia was left alone. She had a relationship to Ripp Grunt and she still has and she got engaged to Johnny (but she still loves Ripp too). Ophelia and Johnny moved out of the "haunted" house and tooks all the tombs with them. They moved into a small castle which looks a bit like the Beaker house and they still live there.

And Joe.....
For the genepool becoming too limited..... I feel the same!
Maybe I'll have to marry my sims to townies? I don't want to make many custom families I will never play anyway.
But for how many generations will the sims show family members and distant relatives on the family tree?
I think I'll graduate the Fiesta Tech students and move them into Strangetown. I love them. Especially Almeric Davis and Stella Terrano.
#62 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:12 PM
General Buzz has grey eyes in my game too. I never really fixed the genes of anyone. I've never had any problems with any of them breeding and Vidcund and Circe had their daughter Ruby some days ago and it went fantastic!
I like what you did with Loki! I've never considered hooking anybody up with Olive again. I'll have to think about it. She's still very much alive in my game. Vid and Circe have a daughter in my game too. She's a teenager named Dharma and she's really pretty! :valentine You can see here here.

For the genepool becoming too limited..... I feel the same! Maybe I'll have to marry my sims to townies? I don't want to make many custom families I will never play anyway.
I don't think the genepool is too small...look at Veronaville. Only three families! Strangetown has six: Curious/Smith (+Chloe & Lola Singles), Grunt, Loner, Loste (Kristen Singles) Nigmos, and Beaker (+Erin Singles). And there's nothing wrong with throwing in some townies into the mix. :P
Field Researcher
#63 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 10:11 PM
(i have the dutch game so i only guess what names are for the right caracter)

i made a bueatiful girl Ember and she is a teenmom living with her widowed mom and her boyfrriend, who had moved out already as a teen, ripp grunt.(rex grom in dutch)
pascal is married to a beautiful girl Virginnia or V for friends, he has 3 kids, his alien daughter Rihanna, and his twins Leki and ciara.
lazlo married to a girl called Londen and had 2 sets of kids, Serene and sanne and cory and topanga
the last curious brother, the blond one(vincent in dutch) married to a guy called Darren
and the gu with last naem subject(nerveus in dutch) married to a girl called aprid, and has a daughter cloë
#64 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leenetje
(i have the dutch game so i only guess what names are for the right caracter)

i made a bueatiful girl Ember and she is a teenmom living with her widowed mom and her boyfrriend, who had moved out already as a teen, ripp grunt.(rex grom in dutch)
pascal is married to a beautiful girl Virginnia or V for friends, he has 3 kids, his alien daughter Rihanna, and his twins Leki and ciara.
lazlo married to a girl called Londen and had 2 sets of kids, Serene and sanne and cory and topanga
the last curious brother, the blond one(vincent in dutch) married to a guy called Darren
and the gu with last naem subject(nerveus in dutch) married to a girl called aprid, and has a daughter cloë

Cool. You made Vidcund gay. In my game Pascal is always the gay guy. And he is married to Nervous Subject.
Scholar
#65 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 5:53 PM
I don't have any gay guys in Strangetown at the moment. I might make Buck gay, when he grows up. At the moment Johnny is married to Ophelia with several ugly-looking green kids, Ripp is in college and engaged to a woman called Allison or something, and Buck is still at home with his still single dad.

Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 6:04 PM
Last time I played Strangetown I had Loki and Circe divorce and Circe move out. Loki gets very sick and is nursed back to health by Nervous who he later begins a passionate secret affair with. Loki evfentually proposes to Nervous but on the day of their wedding Nervous gets..well...nervous...and runs off, moving in with his long lost mother Olive.

Circe restarted her affair with Vidcund but Vidcund eventually realised that Circe was just using him for one thing, and also for a place to stay. Vidcund broke it off with Circe and was last remaining single, although letting out a room to a blue alien from Xyliriax. He spent his time looking after his alien spawn (reluctantly). Pascal married a countessa and Lazlo married Crystal Vu, but their marriage broke up after she discovered that he cheated on her with another married woman (A CAS Sim) and got her pregnant. I last had Lazlo marry his true love after she left her husband and they raised their daughter Paige together.

I can't remember what I did with the others. I think I made Rip turn emo and had Jill become a teen mother...

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Forum Resident
#67 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 7:23 PM
Well, Ophelia and Johnny are recently out of college, married, and doing quite well in working up the career ladders. Ophelia took everything not nailed down when she left for college, so they are financially doing quite well. Johnny wants to be a general and Ophelia wants a golden anniversary. She's on the medical career track because I like the career reward.

Tank just got back from college and his girlfriend, Zoe, is living with him in his family home. She brought a musical instrument with her (can't remember which one) . She gets along with the entire family. Ripp is in college and woo-hooing a way. Wants to be a slacker and hasn't spoken to his father since he left home. Buck is still a teen and has three lightening bolts with Jill Smith. Because I don't have Pets, he cannot achieve what he wanted in his bio. So he's going into showbusiness himself and will get his golden anniversary - which is exactly what Jill wants too. They'll get the Smith house. Buzz has never found love, but has his family and friends and seems happy.

Loki and Circe are working on their non-scientist lifetime wants, but not doing so well. Their son, Prometheus (it seemed so arrogant - I couldn't resist), has just turned toddler.

Pascal had a son, Orion, who has just become a teen (and has to get into private school a second time now). After Vidcund and Lazlo moved out, Pascal found love with his gardener, and they are now married and expecting. Vidcund also has a son, Jacob. Vidcund has just become engaged to Klara from La Fiesta. They will have a child together, but not for some time. Lazlo got Crystal and they're happily married. She just got this snazzy yellow helmet and is thinking of finding a new direction in life, when the opportunity presents itself. All boys now realize Chloe and Lola are their sisters.

Nervous moved in with Olive. When she died, he got everything. Moved into a little place of his own shortly thereafter. Married Monica Bratford. She wants to max all skills, so she stays at home and works on that while he works his way up the law enforcement track.

Pollination Tech is dead and Jenny is an elder. Perma-plat from her golden anniversary. Finally had to sell several bushes because no one could get to them to trim, no matter how they were rotated, even though they were on flat ground. Her daughter is a teen and lives with her.

Chloe is still single and living it up. Only 14 more loves to go. She'll probably have a baby eventually, to keep green skin in this town, but not for a while yet.

Lola is trying like anything to earn that 100,000 simoleons. She's also expecting her first child. She married a professor. He's a family sim (and an elder) so he'll quit his job when the baby comes.

Kristen married Ajay Loner and they're all about money. She's on the athletic career track and they're thinking about having a child. They'll have to move, though, since they're in a one-bedroom house.

Erin made a very poor choice in husband - he's a romance sim. He's a lot younger than her, but I don't think he'll outlive her by far. They're expecting their first child.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 10:12 AM
Strangetown is also my all time favorite neighborhood. Someday I hope to make next generation version of it that I will distribute around the web. As for now, I have played several Strangetowns, and lost confidence with the most, except the latest one, which seems promising.
1st Strangetown:
Totally ludicrous. I still have it in my old desktop, since it was the first neighborhood I played when I first got the Sims 2. I filled up with a bunch of stupid families that I had credited with ugly orange skin tones and last names that were me being crazy with the Alt-numeric symbols from the character map. It's mostly used for mod experimentation now.

2nd StrangeTown:
A started over copy of the original that is also on my desktop computer. I had to reinstall my entire game after the fiasco where my mom got my the base game + holiday theme, rather than the holiday theme stand-alone, so I saved all my originals and had access to maxis originals. I copied the StrangeTown, renaming every single file prefix from N002 to N00? (I can't even remember), which was incredibly tedious.
I tried this one differently, not adding any CAS families and playing out the first couple of days of each house as adviced in the base game Prima Guide, then basing gameplay off their wants.
As usual, I got over zealous with the mods, brought back the dead, Pascal had non-alien triplet girls, etc, and eventually that one went to dust as I moved on to PleasantView. I still have the original though, and I might pick it up again.

Any, I'm on to the 3rd try at this wonderful neighborhood, now on my tablet PC. (Incidently, playing the Sims 2 on a tablet has been quite an interesting experience.)
Anyway, this one is looking hopeful. I'm still following the system of playing out the neighborhood as prescribed by the guide, then improvising after that. I've had a few strange things happening, but I'm not done with the first chapter yet.
Each chapter is 15 days long, which means that every sim in a household is played until they're fifteen days older, even if I move them out of their original starting house.
I keep a cycle going, and when the loop is complete with the chapter, I cycle back and play through them in the same order again. This helps prevent a lot of "memory overload", in which sims get a lot of useless memories from distant relatives that they should hardly even care about. Unfortunately, it can't be completely destroyed, and if I ever do decide to distribute the next gen StrangeTown to the community, I'll have to do some major memory editing using SimPE.

Now, moving on to what everyone has been saying. There are too many different posts to all quote and keep track, so I'll just respond and hopefully people will figure who I'm responding too.

First off, I'm going to try to have gay sims eventually, but they'll mostly be aliens.

Buck, to me, is a metrosexual, not a homosexual, and his life will play out as such.

I've never noticed the attraction between Nervous Subject and Pascal Curious before, but I'll have to look into it and maybe I'll be able to fit it in with my plans for the story.

As for the limited gene pool, there are several solutions if you don't like townies, downtownies, NPCs, or CAS sims:
--College Sims from La Fiesta Tech, which seems to be meant for StrangeTown Specifically
--Olive Specter has an awesome maxis-made gene pool buried in her back yard, with cool names to boot! All you need is a resurrect-o-nomitron and you're golden. I should have one by the end of my 2nd chapter, hopefully.

And finally, I absolutely love the homonym names that appear in StrangeTown, and I never knew that the maxoids were clever enough to put them into the other languages of the game too! Wow! There are homonym names on the grave stones outside Disneyland's Haunted Mansion ride, and if I ever do decide to include CAS sims in this version of StrangeTown, those will be the names I use first:

C.U. Later
Dustin T. Dust
Asher T. Ashes
M.T. Tomb
Hale N. Hardy
I. M. Ready
Love U. Trudy
I. Trudy Dew
Rusty Gates
Pearl E. Gates
Rustin Peece
Hal Lusinashun
Bea Witch
Hap A. Rition
Manny Festation
Metta Fisiks
Clare Voince
Wee G. Bord
I. Emma Spook
Paul Tergyst

All these homonym names are so amusing--perfect for sims! Well, when I finish with the first chapter, I'll post what's happened so far, so stay tuned to this thread.

-Chaos Mage X
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
The interesting event is, that Jill, after I marry her to some sim, always have an alien baby, although she has a human look.

That's called genetics... in biology...
Instructor
#70 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:18 PM
My Strangetown (taking a break from Pleasantview) is currently having a huge baby boom. Almost all of my births are TWINS (mostly from cheesecake), and around 1/4 of the population (and growing) are green.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 2:25 AM
I took Ajay from Strangetown and made him his very own neighborhood! I later went back and took Ophelia and married her to Ajay's Grandson, Xavier. They had 6 kids, including a natural set of twins! And tonight their oldest daughter, Isabelle, made them grandparents!! finally!!

Oh, and after i took Ophelia, i deleted Strangetown....

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Scholar
#72 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 12:12 PM
Hmm... Ophelia and Johnny got married, and had kids - Kalila, Cosmo, and Gabrielle. They moved into Veronaville after getting married, (before I learnt that thats bad) and then I stupidly moved them back again. So Ophelia and Johnny live with Gabrielle in Strangetown, Gabby is still a baby and Johnny and Ophelia are getting on in years now. Kalila got married and had a daughter, Venus, but her husband left her but I think she might be engaged or remarried now, but she raised Venus from baby to child by herself. Cosmo is a single guy who looks like a good guy but likes wearing 'tough' clothes (more for my own amusement, he looks funny lol), I think hes still single cause hes very boring.

Nervous got married to one of the Singles girls, and they have a kid I think. Can't remember anything else about him other than he has a good job, and they're slowly building and extending their family home.

Loki and Circe have a baby boy called Bjorn (named after one of their ancestors).

Olive Specter died, but not before Ajay moved in with her as a tenant and a friend (strictly friends). So Ajay became the 'surprise heir', as Nervous and Ophelia had their own families and their own (much nicer) houses. His girlfriend, the maid called Genesis Lam, moved in with him and she got impregnanted by aliens, and had a baby. I can't remember what the baby is called, but I think its a girl. Ajay is helping to raise her and is too scared to ask Genesis to marry him, so I think she'll ask him.

My most beautiful sim I ever made (except perhaps Neva Luna who is in my display picture) lives here, Takara, and got married to Lycidas (the alien one of the Curious brothers was impregnanted with). However, she wanted more good-looking children so Takara dumped Lycidas and got married to a handsome NPC Sim - the mailman. She also wanted a baby girl, so was disappointed when she had 6 male kids with her new hubby. Haha to her :P.

So now, Lycidas is a single parent trying to cope with about 3 kids aged from baby to child, helped out occasionally by his father - who is married to Bella Goth and has twin girls by her.

One of the Curious brothers got married to the gf he had at the beginning, Crystal, who is very ugly. But the children aren't that bad looking, and are also sadly neglected. The other Curious brother is probably married too.

The Grunt family are also very neglected, but Ripp is doing good - he went to Uni unlike Tank and did very well, and may be married also. I haven't played Strangetown for a while.

Tank got married to Johnny's little sister, and they have a kid too.

Gosh. My Strangetown is soon going to be very crowded, considoring the amount of kids everyone is having. O_O

Instructor
#73 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 4:27 PM
I actually don't like srangetown XD

I can't stand the desert terrain and thus Strangetown is no good to me XD I did however extract Ajay Loner and have big plans for him.
#74 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:04 AM
I gave everyone plastic surgery and a makeover! XD Nervous is actually the most attractive sim in Strangetown now. :D
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 7:15 AM
I love Nervous. I did the typical Nervous + Pascal, Pascal gave birth to his alien girl. I called her Corinthia or something weird like that. For some reason I wanted to put Vidcund and Circe back together so I just married them right now. Loki is wallowing in that big old house right now. I haven't played anyone else yet but I just reinstalled the game. I can't remember what I did before since I haven't played Strangetown in a long time but it was always my favourite.
Page 3 of 11