Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 8:48 PM
Default changing a pre destined hobby?
Hi! I want this Sim to have his main hobby as art... Is there a way to change it to that with a cheat or bool prop that anyone knows of?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 10:21 PM
Not yet I think we're all keeping our fingers crossed for a hack!
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:03 AM
you can still have them try out/maxout other hobbies too.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Hi! I want this Sim to have his main hobby as art... Is there a way to change it to that with a cheat or bool prop that anyone knows of?

Hmm, this may seem tedious, but if boolProp works for everything, maybe for now you can go into neighborhood view, type the debug cheat, then bring the enthusiasm for the particular hobby up? I mean if it works like skills (in a way), then why shouldn't it work?

Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:58 AM
Well, boolprop doesn't work for anything...

As far as I could find, you can't use the clothing item to set Outerwear. ^_^
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:37 AM
I heard MATY's new Lot Debugger have that option.
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I heard MATY's new Lot Debugger have that option.

It does, and it works really well.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaGuin
It does, and it works really well.

It is too bad that Pescado said that you can use it only when you do not know what that sim pre-destin hobby is, but he said that in the new version you will be able to change pre-destin hobby for sims that already known theirs.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:32 AM
I am waiting for an update for the Insimenator, as I am sure this option will indeed be included.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Paladin's Place (Sim Wardrobe) just updated with Predestine Hobby Adjuster. Sorry can't post a link because this is my first post and not allowed to post any links yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM
Here's Paladin's link:

http://simwardrobe.com/

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:52 AM
Thanks for the link SilentPsycho, it's awesome
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:51 PM
Brilliant! Im getting Free Time tomorrow and I was dreading my self sim having a hobby like sports or games or something!
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:57 PM
thanks for the link it seems like every generation was getting the same predestined hobby
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotrod50s
thanks for the link it seems like every generation was getting the same predestined hobby

That is mostly likely because you're suffering 'First Born Syndrome', and hobby is dependant on personality. Do all of your siblings have the same personality? That might be why.
Alchemist
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:52 PM
thank god, half my sims got that Tinkering hobby and they don't even have the same personality! Now my pretties can get hobbies that match their character and backstory. I love Paladin's stuff!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:00 PM
Woohoo! Cool! thanks! Generally I've been happy with the predestined hobbies, though. Just FYI.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:05 PM
Brilliant. I've generally been happy with the mix of pre-destined hobbies, save the fact that about half of my sims are into Arts and Crafts. That's all well and good - I do really like that hobby. But when three entire households are Arts and Crafts sims and I haven't got a single Film and Literature or Games sim?

Not to mention the plant-sim that's interested in cuisine. The irony there was so amazing I might just have to keep that. Although now that I think about it, it's actually not so bad. She doesn't have to eat any of the produce she grows, so she can just make really awesome meals to enter in contests or sell with it.
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:44 PM
I went there and I coudn't find it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thanks so much for the link! It was a bit of a sad for me when i got FT and my self sim liked sports. the irony in the whole thing. I'm a music type of girl. sports are so not me.
I'm surprised the hack was made faster than i expected. it's awesome.
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sneakyonfoota
I went there and I coudn't find it.

It's in the objects section, Misc section I think (Could be 'others' section, can't remember the name - go look for yourself )
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 7:24 PM
I'm in the other objects section I still don't see it.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sneakyonfoota
I'm in the other objects section I still don't see it.

It's the most recent one, so it should be the vase right at the bottom.

I'm so happy I found this, all my Sims ended up with Sports, which was driving me insane.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 8:02 PM
It's the last item on Other Objects page
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 8:03 PM
The last item on the page is the visual teleporter.
Page 1 of 2