Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3665
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 19799 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Aug 2007, 5:14 AM DefaultWhat are all the different ways to warm up/cool down? #1
ghibli-love
Original Poster

I know for warm up there's the fireplace, and the thaw option. (I just got Seasons and haven't played Winter yet, so I'm not sure about this...)

And for cool down there's lemonade, showers, baths, getting drinks from the sink or the well and water balloon fights.

Anything else?
Old 11th Aug 2007, 2:11 PM #2
ConradThe2nd
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Having long baths instead of showers warm me up to the red, also having hot chocolate, other than that I can't think of anything else right now.

Maybe you automatically have cold showers during the summer/spring I'm the oppostive I haven't played those seasons yet.
Old 11th Aug 2007, 4:00 PM #3
iampinkstar_SC

i always thought showers heated you no matter what season you were in?? maybe im wrong!! Prima guide anyone??
Old 11th Aug 2007, 4:03 PM #4
SilentPsycho
Top Secret Researcher

5 Achievements

They do heat you up, no matter the season. I believe there's already a thread on this somewhere in here.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Old 12th Aug 2007, 3:14 AM #5
ghibli-love
Original Poster

How strange... showers always cool my sims down.

Thanks SilentPsycho, I found the other thread.

By the way, how do you make hot chocolate?
Old 12th Aug 2007, 4:09 AM #6
ConradThe2nd
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

well Realisticly showers should warm you up, well in Winter in my game it does.

And the Hot Chocolate machine is in the buy catalog, its just like a Coffee Experaso machine, except you make chocolate.
Old 12th Aug 2007, 3:07 PM #7
MissTech
Instructor

4 Achievements

Make outs and woo-hoos seems to make my sims temps rise! Not a bad way to warm up after coming in from the cold! LOL! :D
Old 12th Aug 2007, 3:28 PM #8
Mihura
Scholar

Yep a long and deep kiss can warm the sims just after a throwing snow ball battle and for me too a shower is a good way to refresh my hot sims. :p
Old 13th Aug 2007, 4:21 PM
.:MileyTiger:.
This message has been deleted by .:MileyTiger:..
Old 17th Aug 2007, 6:54 PM #9
Paradise
Field Researcher

And exercise warms you up. My sim burst into flames on the treadmill...
Old 17th Aug 2007, 7:29 PM #10
Brook_Lynn_Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise
And exercise warms you up. My sim burst into flames on the treadmill...

No way!! That can actually happen?
Old 19th Aug 2007, 12:23 AM #11
lazyviolet
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

drinking juice from the fridge cools you down.
Old 19th Aug 2007, 12:37 AM #12
Lavinne S. P. Depardieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook_Lynn_Marie
No way!! That can actually happen?

Well, one of my sims have already been frozen.. i left her in the outside without outerwear, and she got frozen.. and i think that if you leave 'em so much time under the sun, they got burnt xD that's the logic, but i'm not sure of..
Old 19th Aug 2007, 1:23 AM #13
Apannepeh
Test Subject

The juice keg from Uni cools them down. Tomato juice heats them up.
Old 17th Sep 2007, 9:49 AM #14
Annique
Field Researcher

Having water from the sink cools mine down a lot, so that really helps in summer. And I let them play and jump on couches to warm them up.
Old 17th Sep 2007, 10:28 AM #15
andru
Instructor

Maybe swimming in a pool can help cool them down? I haven't tried (I always forget my sims have a temperature!) but it'd make sense...
Old 19th Jun 2016, 12:09 PM #16
Astha123
Lab Assistant

Anything for toddlers?
Old 19th Jun 2016, 12:43 PM #17
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

If they get too hot, they can get a sunburn/red skin, and might eventually have a heatstroke (heatstrokes resolve at night and with cooler weather, or have a sim throw a glass of water on them if you don't want to wait). If they get too hot in the hot tub, they can occasionally spontaneously combust (had that happen once or twice).

Cooling sims down: They can drink lemonade from the juicer or water from a sink, go indoors, have water-balloon fights, or jump into a pool.

If they get too cold, they freeze solid and fall to the ground (they first get a blue skin overlay - if that happens you should heat them up immediately). Sims who have a close relationship to them can "thaw" them up.

Heating sims up: Swimming pool (they're heated to a comfy temperature), hot chocolate, hot tub (careful - spontaneous combustion can happen even during winter), shower (too many can make them too hot), ouerwear when outside (they get cold a little slower), tomato juice from the juicer, and going indoors. The exercise bike and exercise in general can also heat them up.

Only kids and above seem to be affected by temperature, so neglectant parents can leave out their littlest tykes buried in the snow or chasing butterflies in the sun all day as long as other needs don't drop too much. However, if every teen and above either get heatstrokes or freeze solid, kids and below can be taken by the social worker.

There's a temperature guide here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Temperature
Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2016 at 4:24 PM.
Old 19th Jun 2016, 1:28 PM #18
maxon
The Great AntiJen

27 Achievements

This thread was nine years old.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc
and my site, tflc: https://littlecarping.com/mybb/

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876
Old 19th Jun 2016, 1:38 PM #19
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Yup, nine years old, but to answer the question of the person who resurrected it... Like simmer22 said, although toddlers have temperature meters, they aren't affected by it. In other words, they won't get heatstroke or freeze and I don't think they'll be taken away by the social worker if they're too hot or too cold. (I know that children can be, but I modded out the social worker so long ago that I can't remember if toddlers can be.) So, it's not really an issue for toddlers, and I actually can't think of anything "native" to the game that they can do (or that can be done to them) to warm them up or cool them down, except bathing them to warm them up. There are some custom things that might work to cool them down, though, if they were coded to be Seasons-compatible. Like there's a CC toddler splash pool out there. I think Echo made it and it's on MTS, I believe. There's also a toddler swim tube that can be used to have toddlers floating in regular pools. I think that was made by Rebecah and is either here on MTS or on Affinity Sims. Or maybe both.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old 19th Jun 2016, 2:04 PM #20
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

I have a mod that gives you a choice of a hot or cold shower. http://modthesims.info/d/286932
Old 19th Jun 2016, 2:11 PM #21
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

I believe too hot or too cold babies and toddlers will get taken away. I know I got a pop up warning in a challenge where they had no proper house and of course they had twins.

Being inside and a bath will warm them up, and inside is it for cool down.

For kids in the challenge they played lots of water balloon fights for cool down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 19th Jun 2016, 4:03 PM #22
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Since the social worker doesn't come in my game, my toddlers will get sunburned.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 19th Jun 2016, 4:22 PM #23
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
This thread was nine years old.

Didn't even notice that
I still wonder how people manage to resurrect topics from so long ago...
Old 19th Jun 2016, 5:24 PM #24
Rguerra
Lab Assistant

6 Achievements

There are those CC air conditioners by Ray Nuss, which are functional and can be used to cool down Sims. I have used it in a custom desert neighborhood of mine, which had custom seasons (two summers and no winter) to avoid Sims fainting because of the heat.

https://rdnussimaginethat.blogspot....%20conditioning
Last edited by Rguerra : 20th Jun 2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 19th Jun 2016, 10:06 PM #25
Simonut
Meet Me In My Next Life

9 Achievements

Sometime even if a post thread is years older and come back to life by a member, it can still be helpful like today I found the "hot and cold" shower mod in post # 20 by member @ Charity. ( Thank You )
I never knew there was such a mod so thank you for bringing this post back to life. @ Simmer22

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".

Section jump: