Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:47 AM
I'm a fangirl (not the Sims), although. I do love the sims and spend a lot of hours playing it.

We all do.

Else we wouldn't be here.
Advertisement
#27 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:49 AM
I missed OFB's release entirely... I finally got off my *** and preordered Pets (which I shouldn't have done, spending money now means I'll be hungery and broke come december but hey, that's months away and I have a fiancee... ~_^) and so now I'm excited
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:55 AM
I don't love the Sims (I do LIKE it--it's a good game to play) and I usually don't play it for hours on end. That's a rarity for me. I clock more hours in my RPGs and Animal Crossing than I do on the Sims. Yet I'm still here. And this is the only forum I'm actually active on. I visit other forums, but I'm a lurker.

So I suppose I'm the exception to the rule that everyone here is a huge fan of the Sims.

I don't preorder anything. I pick it up whenever it's in the stores. If it's out of stock by the time I get to it, I can always catch it later, probably at a cheaper price.
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:05 AM
Pad, are you saying in all the time you've had it, you haven't spent a combined several hours playing it???
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:16 AM
I have to admit, I'm slightly crazy about Pets in the way that I've stopped myself from playing certain houses because I want to add pets to them before I carry on. Plus, I've also started planning stuff like Dina Goth's going to breed little lap dogs that the rich tend to have. I also try to keep up to date on all the news and screenshots.

However, I'm not crying about the fact that I don't have it now. I'm excited, as Unleashed was my favourite Sims 1 expansion pack, but I'm willing to wait patiently.

Plus it gives me time to plan Sim World Domination through my Pet-related scheme.:evil laugh:

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#31 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:09 AM
Total time COMBINED, yes, I do have plenty of hours clocked in. However, I was referring to the fact that I don't sit in front of the computer playing the game for hours ON END, meaning without break or getting up off my butt.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 9:34 PM
I'm looking forward to it, I WILL get it as soon as it's out... but I'm not like "OMG OMG PETSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or anything.
Alchemist
#33 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:02 PM
Same as Nikisa, really. I am looking forward to it, yes, because I need something to liven up the game for me (which, believe it or not, it's becoming a bit boring right now) and to add new, exciting features which will spark my interest again (hopefully longer than OFB did)

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:04 PM
I'm getting it the DAY it comes out...
I just hope to God it's not gone.

I'll....well, I'll look at all the screenies you nice people will post of it, but then I'll be sad later!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:02 PM
I'm not that excited actually. When I first heard about Pets I did look forward to it for a while, but I'm currently rather bored with the sims to be honest. :] Just like Padlock, I'm not addicted at all.

When OFB came out I waited a couple of months before I bought it as well.. and I don't buy all EP's anymore anyway. Not enough money, and there's always the risk of my computer crashing again. It's uber slow already.. so mrh. We'll see.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Alchemist
#36 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:10 PM
Well, it appears this is the most anticipated EP yet...a lot of people have high hopes for it. I just hope we won't all be disappointed, that's all. (not trying to be negative here, but yeah).

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 10:39 PM
I want The Sims 2 Pets so bad, but my computer only has 512MB RAM and I need at least 1GB before I can even play OFB (it is insanely laggy right now, despite reinstalling).
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 8:29 AM
I am looking forward to it not only for the pet portion, but I am excited for the new interactions there will be.... I think it is going to be a lot of fun and a lot of surprises...hey they have a werewolf... that alone is worth the purchase for me ;o)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 9:10 AM
i'm looking forward to pets. Finally my sims will have a few dogs. I think I will be waiting in front of the shop, when it oppens - So I'm certain I still have copy.

The first thing I will try is what will happen when a vampire is trying to bite a sim who already is a werewolf?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 10:40 AM
Im really excited bout this EP, but Im afraid that it might all be hype, and the game might not be that good.
But I think it will be a great game
Im preparing my Sim family for when I re-create my dead hamster, dog and my alive cat and dog, and have 2 fish tanks.
Wow, the house will be filled with animals.
hehe

Support BOB and his lil' bro. Visit http://bigball.atspace.com for more info!

http://totalsims2.awardspace.com - For all your sims houses!

Visit my website - http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?...stevengodofevil. Don't forget to join!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sstteevveenn232
Im really excited bout this EP, but Im afraid that it might all be hype, and the game might not be that good.
But I think it will be a great game
Im preparing my Sim family for when I re-create my dead hamster, dog and my alive cat and dog, and have 2 fish tanks.
Wow, the house will be filled with animals.
hehe

I don't think it is hype... I was worried about that too... but if you read the reviews they all have good things to say... this review is from Game Spy and it gives a lot of great information. Check it out ;o)
#42 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:39 PM
Well, I am excited, though I don't have panic attacks....I can't wait, that's for sure, because I have a dog, in real life, and I can't wait to have it in my fav. game too
#43 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:47 AM
I'm the same as most - extremely impatient, but not licking wallpaper.
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 7:48 PM
Well, would you believe that I'm drawing concept pics for the pets I'm making for this EP? Yeah, crazy much.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 3:17 AM
I don't play sims alot- I'm still on my first generation families and JUST sent my first teenagers to college. I'm not sure when I got to the point that I've played it more then I've downloaded it( I'm a cronic downloader but have gotten MUCH BETTER) But that said I've stopped playing MOST of my primary houses because they all have toddlers and kids. After seeing the video with the toddler playing with the Kitten- I went to the game store and deposited another $10 on the Pets.... because I want Pets in my house asap.

I'm planning a few hours the day before pets comes out making sure that the sims are all home...Because the day it comes out I plan on installing Pets and hoping that I can make myself play with the create options long enough to create some interesting pets before I have my sims adopting pets left and right.

So on the one hand I don't think I'm CRAZY as Pets doesn't consume more thoughts then some of my other hobbies( and I am still playing the college sims and a couple of other houses) but on the other hand- I'd like Pets to be out tomorrow if possible ;-) as I want all my sim kids to have dogs and cats
( and I really want a modder to find a way 3 days after Pets comes out of making a cape so I can have Super Dog and Super Cat ;-) )
#46 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:53 PM
Excited as in, I have a countdown running on my desktop. But that's one of several. I even got one for the date that I have to return my library books xD

I'm excited for pets, somewhat counting down. But like CeJay said, "I'm not going to sacrifice a poodle to get the came come out earlier."

Besides, the longer the wait, the more excited you get, the more fun it will be :D
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:11 PM
I wasn't all that excited until I saw today's screenshots. Darnit...I want kittens and a retro bedroom NOW. XD
Page 2 of 2