Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:20 AM
I'm not looking forward to the price. I can barely afford to live.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:22 AM
Hehehe Callum, same graphcs card here as well = no bumpmaps while the game remains playable...

I'm also not keen on uninstalling my hacks. I got quite a few, and I like them as they are. Some I can live without I suppose, but Insim and especially Inteen, which I do hope Jase will update once again are always a part of my game.

The BUGS! This sounds like a pretty complex EP, develop-wise, and I expect bugs to appear...gah!

More lagging in the game...

But I'm getting it anyway, hopefully I'll like it better and longer than OFB. heh

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#28 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:43 AM
Totally not looking forward to the waiting. Waaay to long to wait.. i mean 2 months!! And i can't afford it either... darn.. they bring my most wanted game out and i have the hardest time with it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
The fact that i have a Nvidia FX5200, and i want another card!
That i have to update /replace my graphicrules files,,,,so dumb, but hey, slightly better graphics.

I have the same card, and the game runs superbly on my PC.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Hehehe Callum, same graphcs card here as well = no bumpmaps while the game remains playable...

I have bumps and all graphics at the highest settings, and the game is nicely playable. What I do is to optimise the PC for playing games- I have no background tasks running, and I stripped Windows of all non-essential services. The operating system looks rubbish- no nice wallpapers, backgrounds or themes- but it plays the game far better than some superior graphics cards I've seen on other people's PCs. My friend commented that she wished her PC had such a good graphics card as mine and played so well- but in fact her PC has better specs than mine across the board! It is just full of spyware and viruses and she insists on running Messenger, Skype and about 10 other applications in the background!
#30 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 1:21 PM
The installation might become a nightmare, since I had severe problems re-installing my game with Expansions when I got OFB.I so hope I dont have to reinstall. I already feel sick thinking about that. (Had to uninstall a lot of other things and start with an "emty" computor)
Going through the hacks and downloads will be a real time-consumer, I guess.Re-downloading stuff will take a week or more after stuff is updated, and only if I skip to eat and sleep I assume.Its usually the case cause I want it over with fast.
The more I think of it, the less i like the Expansion. Or the game itself. But Im going to buy it for the pets and the new wall and diagonal roof, and the Glamour-pack for the objects, and probably play it cause I love pets and I want my self-sim to have cats just like I have. I loved the pets in Sims1.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 1:24 PM
You shouldn't need to reinstall- just back up your neighbourhoods and install the new EP. It is best to remove all downloads at first- this is because most hacks will conflict, and anyway it's always best to try out a new EP without hacks just to see what it is meant to play like!
#32 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You shouldn't need to reinstall- just back up your neighbourhoods and install the new EP. It is best to remove all downloads at first- this is because most hacks will conflict, and anyway it's always best to try out a new EP without hacks just to see what it is meant to play like!

I know. You where the one who helped me a lot with this the last time. I really hope it wont be problems like the ones I had, with this new EP. :wave:
Alchemist
#33 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

I have bumps and all graphics at the highest settings, and the game is nicely playable. What I do is to optimise the PC for playing games- I have no background tasks running, and I stripped Windows of all non-essential services. The operating system looks rubbish- no nice wallpapers, backgrounds or themes- but it plays the game far better than some superior graphics cards I've seen on other people's PCs. My friend commented that she wished her PC had such a good graphics card as mine and played so well- but in fact her PC has better specs than mine across the board! It is just full of spyware and viruses and she insists on running Messenger, Skype and about 10 other applications in the background!

I used to close all my background applications and all other programs too (I still do) all I have is a desktop background...but I got the blue loading screen every 10 minutes or so when playing with bumpmap(I even posted a thread on MTS about it, remember? lol) and not even new drivers fixed it. So, I had to disable them...I don't know what else to do. got 1 gig of RAM as well which I bought especially for the sims *sigh* but what good are nice graphics if you can't actually play the game? .. maybe I just have too much custom content :confused:

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:05 PM
Ahh, sorry to hear that, Ghanima. I found that the 84.21 drivers helped me enormously, as well as removing the older drivers. Also, I put an extra 512Mb RAM in there which helped my ageing computer a lot. I'm an old fuddy duddy, I hate buying new components when I can make the old ones work well- it is my aim to have every FX5200 user keeping the same card for Pets! It would be good if you could install more RAM- it is quite cheap if you search on the internet.
Hi sayyadina, glad I was of some use!
#35 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:09 PM
Well, I'll be honest, I'm just plain not looking forward to the pets. But... it is a new EP so I'll be a sucker and buy it
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avarici
I'm with you there Lolli, I'm gonna have to buy it, but I mught just wait until at least insim is updated. XD

I will probably do that too. But in the UK its released later, I noticed OFB insim didnt take too long..

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:59 PM
Forking over another $35.

Though I'm waiting until the patch/insim/inteen/etc. come out to get it. Hopefully by then it'll be down to $30.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:07 PM
The price. Either that, or my impatience for it to show up in the second-hand bin.
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:49 PM
I dont want to shift through all my hacks and downloads. The thing is that right now i am just starting to actually put my hacks and other things in seperate folders. I am almost afraid to look into my downloads folder now because i have so much stuff *shudders*

If people could read my mind they would go slowly insane....O__o
#40 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:37 PM
Same as above. My downloads folder is organised into the months I dl'd stuff in, which doesn't really help in the end. I'm still going to be wading through years and years of downloads...
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 7:16 AM
Your all worried about just about nothing, most downloads and hacks will work, just takes about a day or two, reorganising things.

I not looking forward to having to the many bugs theres bound to be, and waiting to install the patch, I probably wait myself until its in the bargin bin, and the patch has long been released.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 7:18 AM
I'm not looking forward to loading times, lol. Updating hacks won't be too much of a problem for me. Most of them are Squinge's. :p

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
#43 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 8:21 AM
Uhh new loading times, and getting rid of hacks! but its worth it to have pets
#44 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 5:02 AM
Ghanima Atreides&simsample: On the family computer, the FX5200 was on there, and i managed to make the bumpmaps on it, then i got my computer, and my dad took the card of it and put it on mine.
I cant get bumps, but oh well.
Also, SimPE never crashd when trying to preview meshes on the family computer, but on mine it does! It really sucks!
and ive looked for updated drivers, but there arent any
#45 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:52 AM
I don't want to sound like a naggy person. But the EP is called Pets, right? So thats why we buy it for the pets. The people NOT looking forward to the pets, well do they really need the PETS EP??

**Sorry if i offended anyone**
Instructor
#46 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:04 PM
I'm dreading the gigabyte size for this game, I already have a feeling that I may be passing on this expansion pack unless I can get myself a laptop to handle the graphics and the lag.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:15 PM
I'm least looking forward to how much space it will use on my computer. I loved the first game and I love Sims2 even more but I've always hated how it eats up most of my machine. If it follows the pattern of the first series then we've got 3-4 more EPs coming ... I wonder just how much of my machine I'll be dedicating to it. I am constantly weeding out my downloads and trying to minimize the amount of customs I have. Thankfully they are making a nice variety themselves so this helps minimize my need for customs.
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 11:58 PM
I'm looking forward to most everything, but I am really hoping for some new hairstyles & clothing. I also hope that there is a Pet Bodyshop so that I can create other species. I've already purchased the product, so regardless of what I finally decide, I am getting it lol.
#49 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 12:02 AM
I'm looking forwart to everything........except the skunks.
Inventor
#50 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 12:08 AM
I don't really look forward to the skunks or my pets dying but other then that everything sound really cool.
Page 2 of 4