Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:50 PM
Default New Turn-Ons?
Since we know there will be werewolves, do you think it will be added as a possible Turn On/Off? It would make sense, because Vampirism is already an option.

Do you think they'll add any other Turn Ons and Turn Offs? Like if the person owns a certain kind of pet...?
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:50 PM
i sure hope so!
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:51 PM
That would be awesome. I think they'll definitely put the Werewolf option, and they might in the other options as well like...a turn on/off if the person has a cat, etc.
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:51 PM
i dont think the pet one will be there, but most likely the werewolf
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:52 PM
I hope if they're going to the trouble of adding werewolf, they add in some more as well. We're all dying for variety in turn on/offs :p
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:59 PM
Uch... i hate the current turn ons! I think eye colour would be nice, as in the maxis colours or custom, but I hope pets gives us many more turn ons!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:00 PM
It would be nice if there was an option maybe hidden for sims to be allergic to cats, or dogs, would make dating a partner with pets a bit funnier.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
#8 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
It would be nice if there was an option maybe hidden for sims to be allergic to cats, or dogs, would make dating a partner with pets a bit funnier.

lol lyric! that would be cool
#9 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM
It'd be cool if they had 'cat/dog lover' as a turn-on/ turn-off.. Or maybe if the pet doesn't like whom your sims dating, they'll bark/scratch/nip? XD That could be fun..
#10 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I hope if they're going to the trouble of adding werewolf, they add in some more as well. We're all dying for variety in turn on/offs :p

Seriously. It makes my female population like the same thing.....
#11 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:48 PM
I hope for eye color, skin color, and animal lover turn ons and offs. This whole EP looks great so far.
Banned
#12 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:10 PM
in one picture, I see a fear of a skunk or maybe it's fear of being skunked which means yay another way to terrorize townies lol
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:52 PM
Hmmm I wonder if that indicates some small non-pet animals will be roaming around now
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Hmmm I wonder if that indicates some small non-pet animals will be roaming around now

I would guess yes to that, Unleashed had a skunk that had to be romoved by a pest controller, I hated it :smash: they also had gofers and rabbits but they came with the gardens I think to make it impossiable to live off the land without a hack.

At one point I had about a hundred rabbits on one lot :wtf2: plus they used to sit in the road so the carpool couldn't leave...ROTFL...its funny now I don't play it any more..

Forgot the strays...arghh! anothr hack...
#15 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:29 PM
oi. I hated that carpool thing.

don't forget bears! They were cute XD
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:32 PM
Oh I forgot the bears!! Clair the Bear, dancing in the moonlight and messing around in my dustbins, even when I had never put anything in them...roaches alert!! LOL

Yeah I like her for some reason :nod:
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:36 PM
New turn on/offs would be lovely. I've gotten tired of using pretty much the same few over and over again. I would like to see some turn on/offs based on a sims personality. Such as a sim being attracted to another sim who is serious and being turned off by a really playful sim and vice versa and so on.
#18 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:36 PM
She was cute, with the obvious costume-like fur and the big pink bow... XD but I guess there's enough messing with my trashcans anyway. I apparently **** off a bunch of sims XD

(actually it's fun to play a new family, have the sim go downtown for the first time ever, only to find two of my promiscuous sim's conquests having a battle to the death right in front of the new sim XD word gets around quick I guess.)
#19 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by autumnwish
New turn on/offs would be lovely. I've gotten tired of using pretty much the same few over and over again. I would like to see some turn on/offs based on a sims personality. Such as a sim being attracted to another sim who is serious and being turned off by a really playful sim and vice versa and so on.

Part of attraction is already based on personality-- it's factored into the "lightning bolt" system. Also relationship.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:18 AM
A pet turn on would make sense to me (not as in pets turn them on, as in people with a certain pet turns them on - for some people, thats how it is in real life, right?)

OH, or a money turn-on! Or eye color turn ons!
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:18 AM
An eye colour turn-on would be great as long as one of them is custom eyes. If there was only the (insert the maxis eye colours here) then all future sims would have to have maxis eyes for the new turn-ons to work, yikes! Lots of my sims (especially males) are turned on by custom hair. Money turn-ons would be awesome (coughDinaCalientecough).

However, if there were any other new turn-ons and turn-offs relating to colour such as skin colour, that would be terrible because it would be too realistic. Then we would end up having racial discrimination in The Sims as well as in real life. The hair turn-ons that came with Nightlife are fine, of course there are certain people in real life who like blondes more than others, but that's not as nearly as bad as skin colour.

I think the werewolf turn-on/off is very likely to be put in though. That's not exactly bad either.
#22 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freeasabird
Forgot the strays...arghh! anothr hack...

We can make fences that animals can't go through
#23 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:39 PM
Yep heavenzdvl is right:

MaxisDon (Jul 27, 2006 3:12:47 PM)
There are strays and there is a skunk. Gates can be locked to not allow animals through.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#24 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:59 PM
I always loved the strays in sims1 - not the skunks, though :p
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:57 AM
Yeah, I can definitely imagine werewolf-ism being added as a turn-on.

Eye color, money, and pet-related turn-ons, I'm not too sure about. Eye color is more specific, for lack of a better term, than the other turn-ons. I mean, it's just not as immediately noticeable as say, hair color or vampirism. And, from what we've seen so far, turn-ons tend to be based around physical appearance, or things that one can see from just looking at a sim. Something that's not physically obvious like pets or money just wouldn't follow the pattern.
Page 1 of 2