Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:36 AM
Default do u think the sims pets is to simple?
do u think the sims pets is to simple? i dont but some people do
Advertisement
#2 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:51 AM
....uhm...NO....I think it is hard....building up pet skills and stuff....I can't wait for the hacks Lol
#3 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:08 AM
OT-Ive never known any1 to post SO many threads in so little time.Are you posting all these to rack up your rating or something?

OnTopic-Pets is short&sweet, and sticks to the point
#4 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:12 PM
With how stunning the pets look, why anyone would suggest Maxis isn't pulling its weight is just insanity.
#5 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:55 PM
If what you mean is: Are Maxis seemingly giving us the bare minimum - possibly just to get us to shut up about pets. I kinda think so. I know everything for the cats and dogs and even the guinea pigs is brilliant. The Create A Pet is beyond brilliant. But this seems to be the simplest expansion pack.

All the others gave several things as if to ensure that every body got something they wanted. Pets just gives Pets. I mean I love it and I can't wait - but there are a lot of people who simply will not be bothered to get it and Maxis doesn't seem to care - so long as the rest of us stop nagging them
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:36 PM
I don't think its that simple -its going to add a LOT to the gameplay of the game.
I guess it doesn't have as many features as other EPs, but it does add a whole new
dimension to the game - so in ways it is more, in ways it is less.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
If what you mean is: Are Maxis seemingly giving us the bare minimum - possibly just to get us to shut up about pets.

Why would they give a toss about that? They don't have to listen to us.

I suspect the reason that Pets has the 'bare minimum' (by which I presume you mean mostly just cats and dogs) is that the bare minimum has been difficult enough to work with as it is. It might be mostly just cats and dogs but cats and dogs is a huge addition.

I think too many players practically want the moon on a stick. No, worse, they want the moon on a stick now.

If somebody doesn't want pets for their Sims, I'd recommend them not to buy an expansion pack called The Sims 2: Pets.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:50 PM
I agree with YamLin. People are extremely impatient about upcoming EP's, and so much work is going to have to go into the Pets EP such as things mentioned above including skills and training. Plus it's adding a whole new factor to the game, a new level of gameplay. As simple as it seems, it will be awesome.

Also, rumours have been flying that weather's being included. So that would make it less simple, hmm?

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#9 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:53 PM
Oh...I didn't understand at the first place...I think that just the fact that we will have new addition to a game and as SIMFREAK said, it will lead the game to whole new level, means that the game will be everything but simple...even if the game contains just cats and dogs (and it doesn't), it would be best EP by now....I am sure that this is 100% BEST of the BEST EPS EVER!
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:00 PM
People would pay money for games where you just play with a cat or dog. The Pets EP will be that and you control little virtual people as well.

I think it won't have as much other stuff as Unleashed did, but the pets will be better so it hopefully won't need filler material.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:27 PM
I think the question was about the title of the new game: 'The Sims 2: Pets"
And if that's the question: Who cares about the title? We'll have cute little puppies!
#12 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
No, worse, they want the moon on a stick now.

Don't be silly. They don't want it now.

They wanted it yesterday, and all the days before. =P

I don't think the title is too simple, and I haven't actually played the EP to decide whether or not it's too simple of an EP.
#13 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:26 PM
Maybe it seems simple to us, but have you ever wondered how much blood and sweat has maxis put up into every expansion pack? I actually think that for them this was the most complicated EP ever. I mean, dogs, cats, they are all supposed to interact with eachother, all these stuff. Plus we have been moaning and crying and begging for this one, and when they finally made pets, we are supposed to think it`s simple? It would not surprise me that if fans start ranting about this EP to be too simple, maxis will stop releasing expansions. I would.
#14 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:29 PM
I don't think they would stop production. If anything, if it gets to be too much, they just might bring down the quality of the game by a few rungs. There's plenty of people out there who have proudly proclaimed they'll buy anything that has to do with the Sims, regardless of quality. I doubt that they'll stop taking advantage of that just because of hurt feelings.
#15 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:42 PM
Building on what Dusica said, you have to sit there and think about what you're saying before you go and say this expansion is too (can we please use proper english when posting threads -__-; ) simple, or boring. When maxis sat down and made the pets for this expansion, what they were doing was adding a whole nother living, animated, needing thing, it was in effect, making a different sort of sim. It took just as much work to make these animals as it did making the actual sims in the first place, if you think about it. So of course it's not "too simple" it's plenty and we all need to be patcient and appreciative.

I'm a mac user and I won't even have OFB untill September, so I've got a long time to wait, by the way

And holy gosh...this girl just joined yesterday and she has 14 or so threads up
#16 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:08 PM
@Padlock: Well, i admit i am wrong about that one. But still, people are expecting a bit too much from the creators.

@AquaKitsune: You`re right about khia. Spam alert.
#17 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:19 PM
No I don't, at least from what I've heard and seen. Lets wait for the EP to be actually released and played before we discuss this eh?? Because who really knows everything that's going to be inside Pets apart form the Maxis team anyways??
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:21 PM
First of all, we've only seen/heard a little about the game, not until we actually have the game in our grimy little hands to play it can we decide if it's "simple" or not.

Second, I'm guessing it's going to be as "simple" as OfB. But that's just a guess.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#19 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:55 PM
What surprises me the most actually is that I recall back in a chat transcript a loooong time ago someone started hounding about a pets expansion. One of the Maxoids had said that they would not make a sole expansion based on pets, that pets would rather be an addition onto another expansion pack. That's why I was dumbfounded when they finally announced a Sims 2 Pets expansion lol
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:59 PM
I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty troublesome

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:06 PM
if they are refering to the name being simple...ya its simple but really what else would you call it?
if its the game its self...i dont see how it could be simpple just in that as many have said its a whole new simulated life form/s added to the game maxis had to have spent a long time on that just to get them to age prpperly and breed i gather anyways
but we will seen soon (well not soon enough) wont we?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#22 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:10 AM
If you've never animated (or tried to animate) 3D animals, you will never fully appreciate the amount of work that would have to have gone into this expansion. Let me tell you - they are f***ing impossible!
#23 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:46 AM
The actual ep may be a bit simple as in just being one thing - about pets, but it is one of the most requested things for the Sims 2. Also each game builds off of each other. So this may just be adding in pets, but we can do new things like have pet stores now. I'm sure there are some other things we can do to that Maxis has not let out yet.

Also they may have made this plain a simply pets to get it out of the way, there may be other actions and things in future eps, but they needed to get the pets done.

But I really think there may be things in this ep that we don't know about. I mean what fun would it be for us and Maxis if they told us everything.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 10:12 PM
Well they are adding new objects, as well as some new pet carrers, but I guess they could have added a sim carrer relating to pets too.

The way I see it, it may seem simple on paper, but I think pets are going to revitalise the game for many people. Yeah it's just pets, but the way they are implementing it is complex.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:14 PM
I'm assuming that she's talking about the title. In any case, no, I don't think it's too simple. The title is short, sweet, and to the point while the game itself is obviously not simple.
Page 1 of 2