Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Art Nouveau Open Underneath *Recolorable* Modular Stairs

by HugeLunatic Posted 12th May 2009 at 5:34 PM - Updated 14th Oct 2020 at 9:43 PM by HugeLunatic

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:25 PM
Kickassington! I loved the originals and having this option is even more spiffy. Thank you!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:36 PM
Oh, yeah!!! awesomeness! Thank you, thank you!

ClicknPsycho
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:38 PM
Huzzah! I was hoping you would do this. Thanks for making them really totally walkthroughable under all circumstances, much appreciated.

I believe the default location for the mac game files is /Applications, not /User/Applications -- it might be good to list both options, so that people don't confuse it with /User/Documents (where there is no TSData folder).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:48 PM
Damn...even better than the first go 'round! Thanks Tons!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2009 at 10:43 AM
Oh wow, another one of your astounding creations ! Great idea and fantastic work on it, thank you so much
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2009 at 7:13 PM
These are wonderful! Thank you :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2009 at 7:09 AM
Thanks Lunie for another fabulous creation from the mad scientist mind! LOL!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th May 2009 at 12:09 PM
I only can say It's wonderful your work, great! But one thing, can you make the fences that matching with the stairs? It would be great! Thank you for share it!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th May 2009 at 12:52 PM
kalimero, the matching fence is already available in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=327976

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th May 2009 at 12:53 AM
pasticbox, thank you a lot, but I mean the fences, in the thread you say there's only the black one, and I mean the others colors. Thank you so much anyway and happy simming!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2009 at 2:03 AM
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2009 at 2:31 PM
Hi HugeLunatic, first thank you for answer!. No, you made the stairs with a multicolor options, I mean the fences with that colors, cause are fantastic and look great in game. Do you think that you will make it? It would be wonderful. Thanks for your time and for answer.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th May 2009 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalimero
you made the stairs with a multicolor options

I'm pretty sure those stairs are for referencing the colorable areas when doing your own recolor. I don't think they were intended for actual play. but hey, why not. lol

ClicknPsycho
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2009 at 4:46 PM
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:34 AM
Hi. I'm new to Sims, so my apologies if my questions are dumb/irrelevant/etc.
I installed the original Recolorable Art Nouveau stairs, as well as the original mesh for the fence and gate by nihilin. I then downloaded the Open Underneath stairs here and put the script code in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt.
On to the questions, 1)I can see the open underneath stairs fine in game, but I can't get the railing that I see in the pictures here. How do I get the railings to show up? 2)Do I need to choose between the original stairs and the open underneath stairs? Can I use them both? If not, can i use the open underneath stairs, uninstall it, then use the original stairs w/o causing problems? 3)Where do I find the "recolor tool" (or is that for custom contents creators)?

Apologies again... still learning how this all works. Regardless, thank you so much for the wonderful stairs
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:41 PM
Both the recolorable and open underneath can be in the game at the same, because you *must* have the recolorable ones for the open underneath ones to work.

After placing the stairs, choose the railing icon to add railings. Stairs and railings are placed separately. Then use the recolor tool (R) to recolor, the same as any other object. The black you see is a recolor and is included in the original recolorable stairs download.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:30 PM
Nice work truly again again!!!!
where is the table from please?
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 8:28 PM
I got everything working fine, thank you HugeLunatic! (Turns out I was looking at the wrong stairs....>.< and the recolor tool is the same as the design tool....>.<)

The stairs look awesome :D
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:35 PM
thanks alot for making this great staircase ! however i cant get it to work
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:37 PM
im kind of new to this how exactly do you append the script file to where it needs to be in order for it to work ? :S i'd really appreciate it if you gave me some tips !
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:54 PM
I highly recommend using Numenors Scriptorium as it is easier to manage your custom stairs, it's listed in the overview text. However to append the script, open the file (location in original text) in Notepad, add the text in txt file to the end, and save.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:12 PM
Your stairs are Beautiful, you did a nice job. though could you please change it to "zip instead of "rar" so I can download it?
Page 1 of 2