Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 8:35 PM
It changed all of them this time without ignoring any.
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 8:44 PM
Solowren Thanks for reporting. So the filenameTooltip_log.txt file had no filenames in it then? If it had no filenames, that's good.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#28 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
New Version - 20090311 beta

* plays nice with Wardrobe Wrangler, will change files modified by WW
* tooltip can be filename, user text, or both (feature requested by Gwenke)

I can't test now, but it sounds wonderful. As for my request, may I clarify a little better? I would like the ability to add the filename to the existing tooltip, rather than set the tooltip to custom text + filename. At least that's how I understand it would currently work.
(I already have descriptive tooltips for most things, and adding filenames to that would be great, but replacing the existing tooltips with anything I have to type anew + the filename would not really be of benefit.)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:25 PM
Gwenke33 Your request is quite doable. I'll see about putting it in the next version, probably sometime next week. How about this for the UI? I could add two radio buttons below the "existing" checkbox.

checkbox: change existing tooltip
..radio button: replace
..radio button: append

The filename + user text is useful for me when filenames don't have the creator name in them. I label those filename + creatorName.

Instructor
#30 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Gwenke33 Your request is quite doable. I'll see about putting it in the next version, probably sometime next week. How about this for the UI? I could add two radio buttons below the "existing" checkbox.

checkbox: change existing tooltip
..radio button: replace
..radio button: append

The filename + user text is useful for me when filenames don't have the creator name in them. I label those filename + creatorName.

Wow, that was quick. Thank you, the radio buttons will be perfect.
As for the next version: have you looked into the ability to actually select from the final file list which files you want to process, rather than the program looking at all of them?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
As for the next version: have you looked into the ability to actually select from the final file list which files you want to process, rather than the program looking at all of them?

That feature is planned, just not sure when I'll have it. The file browser I use does support selection and removal, I just haven't put that in yet.

I also plan to have directory selection (all files in selected directory) and recursive directory selection (all files, all subdirectories, all files in subdirectories, etc.). That may be a bit harder because I'm using FLTK and FLTK may or may not let me do that, we'll see. May need to use a different UI library.

For right now though, I'm focusing on changing tooltips correctly, and only in the appropriate files. Will iron out the UI details once I'm sure tooltips are 100% correct.

Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:17 AM Last edited by Jalynna : 18th Mar 2009 at 5:35 AM.
I have been trying to organize my downloads recently. I was using Wardrobe Wrangler to modify my tool tips, but was not having great luck with that. I saw your new tool and decided to try it. I am not getting the correct tool tips in Body Shop.

Here are the steps I followed.
1. Open some hair files with your program - I had previous changed these files tool tips with WW, but they weren't displaying correctly in Body Shop.
2. Changed the tooltips with your program, used filename plus my own string and the Change Existing box was checked.
3. Received Changed message on all files.
4. Checked out the file's tool tip in SimPE and it was correct. The WW message was in the Str Desc field.
5. Opened Body Shop and still have the incorrect tool tip.
6. Checked my filenameTooltip_log.txt and there were no ignored files.

I have attached my files from before and after using the filenameTooltip.

Thanks for your help. I would love to use your program when I start sorting out all my clothes.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Hair after tooltip.rar (1.57 MB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Hair before tooltip.rar (1.57 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:59 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 18th Mar 2009 at 6:07 AM.
Jalynna Thank you for the detailed report. I'll take a look at the files, but first, can you please double check that you don't have two copies of that hair? Not saying that you do, but if you did, the problem you're seeing would occur. Easy way to check is temporarily remove that hair from Downloads, and see if it still shows up in BodyShop. If it does, then you have another copy of it floating around somewhere.

edit: Does this hair need a mesh, or is it a Maxis recolor? I'm going to check which tooltip I see in my BodyShop, but if the hair needs a mesh, I would like that please.

Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 1:31 PM
There were no other copies of the hair - my downloads folder was clean except for those 4 files. It is a Maxis recolor.

Thanks for the quick response.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 1:10 AM
Jalynna I put your "after" files in Downloads, did not make any changes to them. Here's the tooltip I see in BodyShop. Same as the STR# in the package file, has the filename of the package. Are you sure you don't have another copy of this hair, maybe in SavedSims? If you're sure you have no other copy of the hair, which EPs do you have?
Screenshots

Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 12:20 PM
I am not certain but there could have been a copy of the file in one of my organizing folders, all of those are outside of My Documents/EAGames/. I didn't realize that those files would affect the tooltip information, but I bet that was my problem. Thanks for your help and I love your program.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:13 PM
Jalynna To be sure, you can do a Windows file search, see if it turns up multiple copies. If you run into any more issues, feel free to report them.

Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 8:21 PM
I downloaded a bunch of new hairs so I could test out the newer version. No hardship, there... Anyway, all the hairs have the right tooltips; and there were no weirdnesses of any kind. Now I will go fix the grays and do the other stuff so there won't be any problems. Thanks again for this wonderful tool!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 2:46 PM
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:12 PM
HugeLunatic Thanks for that report. The Mac app was built and runs on an Intel Mac, not a PowerPC Mac. I'll see if I can find a cross-compiler that will make a PPC version. No promises though, I'm not a Mac expert.

Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 11:40 PM
Since my previous issue a few days ago(really a non-issue - just losing track of a few duplicate files) I have been testing this quite thoroughly. I have re-tooltipped several hundred clothing files and haven't had a single problem. Great work.
Instructor
#42 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 11:49 AM
CatOfEvilGenius, are you planning a next version still (with the ability to add filename to existing toltip), or do you consider the project finished? I'm not nagging, just would like to know.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:36 AM
Gwenke33 No, go ahead nag, or I'll forget! I am planning another version with the features that were requested: display existing tooltips, etc. I also need to find tools that will cross-compile for a non-Intel Mac. Next version maybe next week?

Jalynna Thank you for the report.

Instructor
#44 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 11:36 AM
I'll be looking forward to it, and keep nagging you then if needed
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#45 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:49 PM
Is it possible to only add to the existing tool tip? I'd love to have my tool tips be what the original creator wrote in AND what the file name is. That way between the two I will hopefully know who the creator was.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:00 PM
Phaenoh I can add that feature in the next version. However, the problem is many creators don't put anything useful in the tooltip. I'm going to add a feature that shows you the existing tooltip, so you can decide if you want to add on to it or just make a new one.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#47 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 7:01 PM
That sounds great! I find that sometimes creators leave their name in the tool tip (I do) or sometimes they only put their name in the file name. Unfortunately, sometimes they do neither, can't be helped then!
#48 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 7:24 PM
Will this be available for download from MTS2? I don`t like to go off-site for things.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#49 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:32 AM
Gen.O.D I don't understand your question. The link is right here on MTS2. When I finish testing this program, I'll upload the finished version to the tools section of Downloads on MTS2. Right now, the file is on a non-MTS2 server, one where I pay for web and storage space. I don't see how that's a problem.

Just FYI, everyone, I'm still working on this project but need to catch up on some RL work, so don't expect updates for a few days this week.

#50 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 7:21 PM
The link is here, but the file isn`t. I`ll keep an eye on this project; it looks interestsing.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Page 2 of 4