Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AL Separated Bottoms Set - everyday for EF

by tamo Posted 13th Feb 2009 at 7:48 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2009 at 3:09 PM by tamo

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:10 PM
thank you so much. these are so great and useful!
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:17 PM
Hurray, more elder separates!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:13 PM
Very nice
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:42 PM
Amazing! Thank you so much!
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:46 AM
Much appreciated! Thanks!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Inventor
#7 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 3:18 PM
Yeah, the skirts are here!! Thank you so much for making these, and also for the nice small downloads!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 2:05 AM
These are great. ^_^ I love that you're doing these. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:04 AM
Thank you, everyone! Hope you'll like it.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:07 PM
Can you tell me what this is? ~~"texture referencing files" version for AL users.
I have AL
so I shouldn't download the base game files?

Thank you for your patience
(and these wonderful goodies, I just love those sensible shoes lol)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:59 PM
funkeymonkey22003,
"Texture referencing files" not contains any texture files, it just contains a referencing information. So, "texture referencing files" reference a original texture in the game, and share it. Therefore it's much smaller size than normal files. Very economic.

And you have AL, it can be used. enjoy!
(Of course, you can use normal BaseGame versions too. No problem.)

FYI, There is a good detailed explanation here.
Phaenoh's download http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=276659
Cocomama's download http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=316844
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:54 PM
Just beautiful, I have the hardest time with my elders and now they can be lovely and stylish. You have a talent and I thank you for sharing it.

~Vanilla~
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 6:41 AM
Tamo, many thanks for these, they're desperately needed!
Pickles

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:10 PM
Hi, I downloaded these skirts and your AL separated tops for granny, but they show up in Body Shop and CAS as "invisible body part" thumbnails, and when I click on them the relevant section of the sim disappears (e.g. if I click on the tops the sim becomes invisible from the neck to the waist). I tried increasing the display quality to the highest in the game, but that had no effect. I have the base game only.

Um... help, please? I really like these clothes that you made and want them to work! >_<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:31 PM
Pastbyer
OK, have you downloaded "BaseGame" version files?
I think maybe you have downloaded wrong files. You don't have a Apartment Life EP. So, you have to use "BaseGame" version files.
Please, re-download files named "BaseGame" at the end, not "AL_TextureReferencing". Hope it goes well.

About "TextureReferencing" files, please read post #11. That is why "AL_TextureReferencing" version files need AL EP.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tamo
Pastbyer
OK, have you downloaded "BaseGame" version files?
I think maybe you have downloaded wrong files. You don't have a Apartment Life EP. So, you have to use "BaseGame" version files.
Please, re-download files named "BaseGame" at the end, not "AL_TextureReferencing". Hope it goes well.

About "TextureReferencing" files, please read post #11. That is why "AL_TextureReferencing" version files need AL EP.

Yes, I did download the base game versions to start with. I also tried to redownload just in case. They don't work.
Inventor
#17 Old 7th May 2009 at 5:35 PM
Pastbyer, please try this, take the files out of any subfolder and put the files in your Downloadsfolder. Basegame only does not like clothing placed in subfolders. If that does not work, try to put the files (without subfolder) in your Savedsims folder.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Pastbyer : 10th May 2009 at 8:22 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
Pastbyer, please try this, take the files out of any subfolder and put the files in your Downloadsfolder. Basegame only does not like clothing placed in subfolders. If that does not work, try to put the files (without subfolder) in your Savedsims folder.

I normally put clothing downloads under the Downloads folder without subfolders anyway, since otherwise they don't show up at all. However I tried again today both in Downloads and Savedsims and it was the same - invisible clothing/body parts.

Thanks for trying... I really don't know what else to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:04 AM
Pastbyer : Sorry I don't know why. Um....I have no idea.
I'll let you know as soon as I find out something.

Cocomama : Thank you for your advice!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM
Likr I've often said, there aren't much for Grandma. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 5:08 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 5:40 PM
Ooh, thank you! I love it when my elders get new clothing. And a special thanks for making base-game versions because I'm a Mac-simmer and can't have AL.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:54 PM
Oh, these are just adorable! That makes it even worse for me - I have exactly the same problem as pastbyer - I have base game and downloaded the right files(even repeatedly, to be sure), put them in both folders to try out and the result is just the same - the top or bottom(since I downloaded both your collections) of the sim disappears like there was no mesh in the downloads folder