Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Team Plumb-bob versus Team Llama

by fakepeeps7 Posted 20th Dec 2008 at 12:23 AM - Updated 16th Sep 2012 at 7:03 PM by fakepeeps7

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:24 AM
These are friggin adorable!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 5:27 AM
Now my tots can have athleticwear!
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 9:31 AM
Lol, these are so adorable!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 11:17 AM
Very cute!
Thank you :D

Merry Christmas ;3
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 3:35 PM
oh, these are soo cute! :lovestruc
also a funny idea with the both teams^^ thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 5:43 PM
These are really cute. And I love the detail that they even have the mascot on their shoes!
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 8:34 AM
I hate to report that on my computer (with it's sweet graphics card) the red is pixellated. Sorry.
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:29 AM
These are so cute, now my football mad sims can dress their toddlers to match. Pretty realistic, the first outfit my uncle brought his baby daughter was a football outfit for when she was a toddler lol.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I hate to report that on my computer (with it's sweet graphics card) the red is pixellated. Sorry.

I wondered about that. I don't know how to fix it, though. It must be something to do with the contrast between red and green in the game. It looks fine in Photoshop.
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:10 PM
Take your original photoshop file and edit the package file with SimPE, Build DXT. You are being screwed over by BodyShop compression.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:46 PM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:54 PM.
Thanks. I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit:

It didn't work. The file looks sharp in Photoshop, but after importing with Build DXT in SimPE, it looks pixellated... same as before. Even with DXT5Format.
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 10:13 PM
If you don't mind, I could take a stab at it if you send me the photoshop file. Maybe it would work on my comp.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:50 PM
Okay. Here's the texture and alpha. Let me know how it looks on your computer.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  redplumbbobfiles.zip (89.4 KB, 11 downloads)
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:25 AM
Well, I'm stumped too. The files you just provided look crisp and clear, but I can't get them into SimPE without it getting pixely. I tried everything I can think of. Maybe you should post in Bodyshop Recoloring about it. There are smarter people than me in there that might have seen this before.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:44 AM
Thanks for having a look. I posted in the Recolouring forum. Maybe someone has some ideas...
Not actually evil.
#17 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:55 AM
Damn, how do you always get such nice yellows?

*CatOfEvilGenius peers over fp7's shoulder to see how she does it...*

By the way, who's winning in the llama vs. plumbob tourney? I cheer for team llama.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Damn, how do you always get such nice yellows?

*CatOfEvilGenius peers over fp7's shoulder to see how she does it...*

By the way, who's winning in the llama vs. plumbob tourney? I cheer for team llama.

Nice yellows are difficult. I think the trick is to make sure your bottom layer is light enough so that it doesn't muddy your colour... but not so light that you lose all the detail. It's a fine balance.

According to the number of downloads, Team Llama is winning.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 7:52 AM
Doing 2 different teams is a great idea ! So cute ! Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 6:35 PM
Great outfits! Thank you!

I just noticed one little problem. As you can see by the attached pic, the sleeves don't match the mesh. I figured I missed downloading the mesh so I came here and found there isn't a mesh to download. I looked at your screenshots and they look great and I don't see the same problem there. I also noticed that on yours the collars are up and they are flat on mine... hhmm.. I don't know why there is a difference. I have bump mapping enabled, and I checked that it is indeed working, so I don't think that is the problem. Do you know why there could be such a difference?

Thank you
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzy9
Great outfits! Thank you!

I just noticed one little problem. As you can see by the attached pic, the sleeves don't match the mesh. I figured I missed downloading the mesh so I came here and found there isn't a mesh to download. I looked at your screenshots and they look great and I don't see the same problem there. I also noticed that on yours the collars are up and they are flat on mine... hhmm.. I don't know why there is a difference. I have bump mapping enabled, and I checked that it is indeed working, so I don't think that is the problem. Do you know why there could be such a difference?

Thank you

These outfits use a base game mesh. If the shape is showing up differently, then there's probably a mesh in your Downloads folder that's overwriting the original mesh (like a default).
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:29 PM
ok.. that would make sense.. let me check.. yup.. the maxis boys coveralls.. i see it now.. ugh.. so now i have to figure out where i ended up with that default change.

ty for your help.. i'm off on a wild goose chase.. lol
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:36 PM
hi fp7

I started looking through my toddler outfits to try to narrow down other cc that used that mesh.. and I noticed the outfit in the attached pic. I'm sure you recognize that it's from your Toddlers' Swimwear Collection. If you compare the 2 screenshots I've submitted they seem identical in shape. I hope I'm wrong, but is it possible that this mesh is somehow overwriting the default? please let me know what you think.

Thank you
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzy9
hi fp7

I started looking through my toddler outfits to try to narrow down other cc that used that mesh.. and I noticed the outfit in the attached pic. I'm sure you recognize that it's from your Toddlers' Swimwear Collection. If you compare the 2 screenshots I've submitted they seem identical in shape. I hope I'm wrong, but is it possible that this mesh is somehow overwriting the default? please let me know what you think.

Thank you

You're right. I forgot to "Fix Integrity" when I made that mesh, so it's overriding the default. D'oh!

I'm going to have to ask someone how to fix this.

Thanks for letting me know. It's amazing nobody's pointed this out until now...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:56 AM
ok.. phew.. glad we figured that out.
now hopefully it can get fixed. I'll be checking back. I like your work.. you've done some great stuff for my simkids. :lovestruc

Thank you very much!
Page 1 of 2