Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:40 PM
Default I Give Up
I've done what the FAQ says and none of what i've been downloading by way of skins are showing up anywhere. I'm not running the game while installing these. I can't see any of them when I go to create a sim, or when i try to buy them. So I'll just quit downloading skins then. Thanks for all that did try and help. Sorry if i sound sour but i've been downloading clothes for 2 hours and i'm unable to use ANY of them. Surely they're not all corrupted files.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:44 PM
you installed the skin right? or if they dont look the sims icon and have a file make sure you put them in your download floder located in mydocuments>egame>download...

if you dont see download floder in your mydocuments>egame>download. floder then just creat and add a floder names downloads.. and put the skins the are flies and not like the ones that you click on to install
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:46 PM
I put them in the downloads folder but still nothing showing up in the game.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:48 PM
they should ummm there should be an icon when you load your game when you creat your family it looks like > this star *...
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:50 PM
You're sure you unzipped them? Also, are you sure you have the little box in the game options ticked to enable the show of custom content? Do they show up in BodyShop?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM
Ok which little box are we talking about here? I knew there was a reason they weren't showing up. NO i don't think i have anything enabled. Will check. THANKS!!! No i've not seen them in bodyshop either.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:00 PM
okay see when you download a sims from sims2 it usally downloads on your desktop... it looks like the main sims2 icon but in dark purple icon.. double click on that and a window appears... and it says if you want to install the skin and or cancle it.. press install and it should work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:04 PM
I'm getting zar files with these. I'm not getting the application like with the Sim objects
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:06 PM
Do you mean .rar files? If so what are you using to unzip them?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:06 PM
oooooooooooh you need to download winzar umm few of the links give the link to where you can download WinRAR and then it exacts the file for you wait ill look arround for that where it says where you can d/l WinRAR or you can search it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:11 PM
Not to sound mean chilly but what do you think i've installed them with. I already have the files in the game. My question is....How do i find them in the game to have my sim wear them? That's what i've been trying to find out for the past hour now.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:13 PM
:-( im sorry i dont know how to help then ...mine work fine but sorry again
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:14 PM
Okay, gentjt, I'm assuming you used WinRAR to unzip them? Are you sure they're not in any subfolders within the downloads folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:26 PM
No i'm extracting the file directly to downloads. I go then to downloads and scan them before i run the game. They are not in any seperate folder. The objects show up and the hacks work, but none of the clothes will show up.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:28 PM
Right, are we talking about ALL of the clothes you've downloaded, or just one or two files? Are the files that you're extracting package files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:31 PM
ALL of them!! Yes they are package files. All but one bikini.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:35 PM
Well, the bikini isn't going to show up if it's not a package file.

If you're talking about numerous files not showing up it's got to be some sort of error in installation... something you've overlooked. I know how easy it is to get frustrated with this, but I find it highly unlikely that either all the files you've downloaded are flakey or that your game is the lone rebel that refuses to show downloads. I'm sure you're fed up with this by now, but why don't you try posting exactly what you're doing step by step.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:38 PM
Ok. After downloading the file, i go to where it is, open it with WinRar. I then click to highlight the file and then hit the Extract button. I extract it to MyDocuments/EA Games/Sims 2/Downloads folder. If i'm doing that wrong please tell me.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:41 PM
see i know i should stop helpping you coz i dont know what to do for yah... but this is what i do when i download the WinRAR file it downloads and opens a window where there is a file and floder in the WinRAR application... i click anddrag the file to my desktop and then place that flie in my download floder.. instead of d/ling it directly to my download floder
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:43 PM
Yes but the file is still going to my downloads folder once i extract it cause i go there and scan the file for viruses afterwards.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:46 PM
AAAAAh i give up now.. i really really dont know what to say..
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:50 PM
Are the packages in sub-directories inside the downloads directory? Because that won't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:53 PM
NO they are not in any seperate folders. Everything I've downloaded, from hacks, to objects, to clothes are all together in the downloads folder. And to let you all know they are not showing up in Body Shop either.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gentjt32
I put them in the downloads folder but still nothing showing up in the game.

Did you uncompress them from either the .zip or .rar and make sure that what was going in your /Sims2 Download folder are the files with the .package extension? If they have the sim2skin or sim2pack extension you need to double click on them to get them installed :o
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 11:58 PM
What the hell? Try putting some of the files into the SavedSims folder and see if that works..
Page 1 of 3