Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Little Hoodlums Collection for Toddlers

by fakepeeps7 Posted 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:59 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 1:38 AM by fakepeeps7

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:09 AM
These are just sooo cute!!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:11 AM
These are so adorable! I love the kid hoodies- now the babies can match! Yay!
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:36 AM
Wow these are really cute!

Thank youl.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:36 AM
Ohh, so cute! And they're Maxis Matchy too. Thanks again, FP!
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 5:02 AM
wow !!amazing job, just love them. Thank you , thank you.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 5:39 AM
Love these! They look amazing! Now my simmie toddlers can join my daughter and I with my hoodie obsession!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 10:19 AM
These are just adorable! They all look so cute, I really like clover green, bubblebee pink and kitten green.
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 11:06 AM
I luuurrrve this They look so adorable! Now my sim tots can dress like their daddies
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 11:37 AM
These are SO gorjus!! I'll download the ones with the long pants for sure. Is it possible for you to make a version with the skirts but with tights and shoes instead of sandals?

Thanks for your wonderful work
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:08 PM
ooh, these are totally cute :lovestruc i especially like the skirt outfit!
thanks very much
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 5:56 PM
Awww, adorable! The hoodies look so cute on little ones
I also second vr795's request/question about the version with tights and boots - this would make a perfect autumn/spring outfit.

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 7:16 PM
Adorable! Thank you so much.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 7:51 PM
Ah, These are cool! Fantastic work! Thanks!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 10:34 PM
woah! hoodies for toddlers! great idea and very, very cute! thanks!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 11:06 PM
...weird..
I was on sims yesterday, going through my Children clothes, and I suddenly thought "I should ask Fakepeeps to make that outfit for todlers"
lol weird :P

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#17 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 7:26 AM
These are cute, but they look a little wide at the bottom. Almost like a baby has a floaty or a ring of fat hiding under their jackets!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
These are cute, but they look a little wide at the bottom. Almost like a baby has a floaty or a ring of fat hiding under their jackets!

That part is the same as the kids' hoodies, the bottoms of which are based on a Maxis mesh. In a smaller size, with thick sweatshirt fabric, the bottoms would stand out from the Sims' bodies.

You don't have to download them if you don't like them.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 8:05 AM

I downloaded them precisely BECAUSE they look 'wide at the bottom'
That they look 'oversized and comfy' is what I luv about these outfits LOL!

Winter clothing on my sims, especially my kid sims, that fits like a second skin drives me totally batty! I never download sweaters and jackets that are skin-tight. They look so 'un-natural'

Winterwear is supposed to look bulky, loose-fitting, warm and cosy!
Fit sims look anorexic as it is, in my opinion. (I can't stand my male adult sims in short shorts with those skinny chicken legs they all have! eeww!)
I just adore tods & kids clothes that make them look like they have some meat on those scrawney bones. So PLEASE....bring on more baggy, oversized stuff, and me shall download!!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
That part is the same as the kids' hoodies, the bottoms of which are based on a Maxis mesh. In a smaller size, with thick sweatshirt fabric, the bottoms would stand out from the Sims' bodies.

Completely agreed. I have Tons of Hoodie's, And they all go out a bit at the end, It's the way Hoodie's are made!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7

A sweatshirt like that would usually bunch up in several different places, not in one big ring on the bottom. I don't think it would puff out so much either unless the fabric was really thick, and it looks like the inner edge of the bottom doesn't even touch the Sim so there'd be no resistance to cause the shirt to bunch up at all. The kids version seems more properly scaled so it looks more natural. I'd love to download these if the mesh behaved a little more realistically; as I said before, I think they're really cute.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 8:08 PM
A sweatshirt like that would usually bunch up in several different places, not in one big ring on the bottom. I don't think it would puff out so much either unless the fabric was really thick, and it looks like the inner edge of the bottom doesn't even touch the Sim so there'd be no resistance to cause the shirt to bunch up at all. The kids version seems more properly scaled so it looks more natural. I'd love to download these if the mesh behaved a little more realistically; as I said before, I think they're really cute.

If you'd like a better mesh, you're welcome to try making your own. I won't be changing this one.

In my first attempts, this mesh did bunch in other places. Unfortunately, the poor little Sim ended up looking like Quasimodo (hunchback) with alien arms (the bunching around the elbows looked really weird). Sometimes when you make a mesh, you have to just accept that you can't get it to look exactly the way you want it to. There are limitations because of the way the Sims animate.

Could I have made the fabric less lumpy around the waist? Sure. But I wanted a hoodie that was similar to the kids' one. And as far as the fabric goes, I've had hoodies that were so stiff that they puffed out at the bottom... and that was in in an adult size! I don't think it's that much of a stretch to believe they'd do that in a toddler size.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:29 AM
Taste is taste... some like it, some don't... that's what make the world interesting ! I simply fell in love with your hoodies at first sight ! And I love the way you presented your work, your toddlers are so cute; and I'm aware that only making the picture was a great deal of work. Congratulations these have a very good chance for winning the challenge. Please keep on doing so sweet things and thank you for sharing. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 10:58 PM
I think these hoodies are very cute. And about them being too lumpy? or being realistic.. Well I think they are realistc enough, I like them. Hoodies for children are better, but these are still very, very nice. Thank you for sharing!!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 1:02 AM
awesome!!!!! thanks!!
Page 1 of 2