Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kimonos for Elder Female

by dustfinger Posted 11th Nov 2008 at 2:43 AM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:52 AM
Thanks, I've been waiting for these so I can put them on my Takemizu elders.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:59 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for this. It's not fun making themed sims when you can't at least dress them similarly all the way through their life. Keep up the great work!

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:36 AM
these are yukata.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:47 AM
Doesn't really matter foodstamps, the point is that now the set is complete. Good job dustfinger, still waiting for those FT homemaker dresses...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 6:48 AM
I still can't figure out why EAxis left the elders out of the BV tourist/local themed wardrobes...thanks for converting these! On that note, I'm looking forward to the male versions as well...

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:22 AM
Great! Thank you very much for this!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:36 AM
thanks, dustfinger! these will be great for my japanese hood!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:06 AM
Thanks for these! Your conversions are endlessly useful in my aging neighbourhood.

ps. I know it's cheeky to ask, but I was wondering if you were planning to convert the teen kimonos for AFs too?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:34 AM
Thank you for all your great conversion. My elders appreciate having more clothes! Keep up the awesome work!
Zombie Socks
#11 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 7:20 PM
Elder don't have kimonos? *blink* What the HECK?! *searches bodyshop* They really don't! I can't believe I never noticed that! And me a BV fan! Well, in other words, thank you so MUCH for these! *mutters* No elder kimonos... WHAT was Maxis THINKING?

Suppose you'll make elder male ones as well? *hopeful look*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 8:26 PM
Thank you dustfinger this beats the heck outa enabling the adult ones for elders (which is how I've been getting by so far!) Cant wait for the Males' turn!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:53 PM
yay thanks

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Doesn't really matter foodstamps, the point is that now the set is complete. Good job dustfinger, still waiting for those FT homemaker dresses...

FOODSTAMPS is right...they are Yukata. I think EA called them Kimono too though...which makes me think they are very ignorant. So it is not DUSTFINGER'S fault for naming them incorrectly. Sorry...but, I think it dose mater a bit when you have the wrong information about someone elses culture.

konnichiwa, come on by my堀口まり - DUNE SEA VENDOR.
Also come on & get a 堀口まり - Gotta get a GETAGIRL Sim...for more Sims2 cc by ME.
NOW I am Prisnexus6 resident creator @ LOST UTOPIA.
* Though you better watch it! I have the death sentance on 12 systems*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by getagirl4
FOODSTAMPS is right...they are Yukata. I think EA called them Kimono too though...which makes me think they are very ignorant. So it is not DUSTFINGER'S fault for naming them incorrectly. Sorry...but, I think it dose mater a bit when you have the wrong information about someone elses culture.

yeah, i have to say i know very less about asian culture though i find it very interesting. and because maxis said "kimono" i also called these kimonos... i can call the male ones yukata - but so most europeans/americans and so on will not know what i mean i suppose...

however, thank you for the comments
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 7:39 PM
Thank you sooo much!
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:58 PM
these are lovely! thanks to you for sharing.

No man is a master who is not a master of himself.
Scholar
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 2:41 PM
Takemizu was waiting for these outfits for sooooo long! Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 6:52 PM
Don't you mean kimono? not kimonos? one kimono, two kimono ...

There is no spoon
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by getagirl4

ouais, I agree with the last bit. Everyone's steryotpyed in the sims 2.

There is no spoon
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 5:38 AM
Wow these are very nice, kudos! Hope to see more of your work
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:01 PM
thank u so much... it's honestly been buggin me since i installed the game. Maxis always leaves some group of sims out of all the fun stuff. thanx 4 fixin it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 4:04 AM
Pshhah, I want to be this cool when im old. Yeah!

xD Lucky for me, my grandma is japanese so she used to wear Yukatas alot. *drools* Now my Granny Sims can be all cool and uhhh- Japanese-ish too <3
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:46 PM
Thanks so much for these. I have an adult Japanese character in my story, who has been waiting to grow up to the next stage of her life, now thanks to you, she can.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 6:38 PM
Thanks. ^^ The red and white teen kimono looks identical to an anime character I want to make a sim of's clothing. One question though. Can you please make the teen kimonos for adult ages as well because I want to make her an adult so I can pair her with another sim from the series that someone made as an adult even though are both teens in the series?
Page 1 of 2