Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 6:31 AM
Thanks Canoodle I'm afraid to disable it as it helps with other sites but I did let it know this is a safe site so it has left me alone since

Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 6:22 PM
This will be a good change. Thank you Delphy !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#53 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 12:00 AM
Thank You. That should be really good. Just a quick question, how long will it take for us to be able to upload again? Thank you again.

From The Dragonfly (a.k.a tinydragonfly93)
Inventor
#54 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:04 AM
I think we are already able. My latest upload was after the database move to the new server.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 11:41 AM
Uploads will be re-enabled in a few days once I've completed moving the two fileservers.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:44 PM
Hmmm... Is this why pictures in some tutorials won't show up? Mainly in object recolor tutes..
Inventor
#57 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:29 PM
With this change, did you change by some chance the addon? Like flashplayer or java? I have trouble with coming here lately and am thinking I need to update one of those two. My browser has been crashing here and taking forever. Most sites are okay but there's a few others doing this also that are not here. That's what makes me think it's an addon. I do MS updates and occasionally my java will pop up saying there's an update available, when I click it says it's up to date. It's done that 3 times with no update but states there is one to never find one.

I know it's not this site, it's something here though that's also somewhere else. I was thinking flashplayer but can't tell. I'm not that suavy with pc's and internet.

I'd appreciate any help with being able to visit here more often. This problem just started over the last week or two.
Thanks!!
*Xts*

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#58 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:57 AM
Err, flash and java are things you install onto your machine - they are used by websites, but the website doesn't control you installing it

Inventor
#59 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 2:56 AM
I know they are installed. But when a site uses it and it's not updated, can't it lag or cause issues? Sometimes sites will say you need java for that site. Was trying to figure out which one is used with this website so I can update it It takes approximately 75-130 seconds to load these pages lately and sometimes will lock up and restart my browser. I'll go visit java and see if there's an update there, then flash. If you use anything else besides those two, can ya let me know so I can update it? Not sure of the add-ons I have, or whatever you call them. They list under add-ons in the browser settings.
Thanks again, sorry for buggin' ya!
Xts*

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:30 PM
I highly doubt that length of time is due to Java. For me, it takes something like 2 to 3 seconds per page, but in all cases where people have said that the site locks thier browser it's usually becuase of it trying to contact either the ads or the static content server.

See the thread in Site Issues for more information.

Inventor
#61 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:43 AM
All right, thanks Delphy! I checked Java and Flash, both were current.
I had a delay today and checked task manager, Site advisor was taking 79% of resources (cpu) so I'm thinking it's something along those lines. I'll look into it and check out your site issues thread. Appreciate it and all your hard work :D
Best to you!
*Xts*

Scholar
#62 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 2:49 AM
I just wanted to say that the site loads much faster now, thanks for all the hard work and time you put into MTS2.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 10:14 PM
hey I just saw this thread. For the past 3 or 4 days, anytime I'd go to sexysims2.com, it would say maitinence mode. Is that part of this data moving thing? I'm just curious because I havent been able to get on in quite a while
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:06 AM
Grrr... finally had a decent house to upload, but faster servers are worth a little downtime.

RSS ROOLZ!!!!!!www.youtube.com/jakepolo1
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:23 PM
How come a few items have made it thru even though uploads have been disabled for a week or something?

So it looks like I'm stuck here forever on this floating island with Sarah and Skeleton Harvester.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#66 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:40 PM
zaxis, becuase those items where upload prior to them being turned off, and where waiting in the moderation queue.

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 8:12 PM
Ah, didn't know items could be in queue that long so I got curious.

So it looks like I'm stuck here forever on this floating island with Sarah and Skeleton Harvester.
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:23 AM
I have recently joined MTS2 and might I just say how wonderful it is to have an online community as friendly and helpful as MTS2.com.

X
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 10:25 PM
So is thats whats going on with sexy sims 2 site as well? Its been down for several days now? What's up with that?
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 3:10 PM
Default question
what has happened to ssm2?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 3:35 PM
It's offline till I get the servers sorted out and do some other maintenance on it.

Inventor
#72 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:01 PM
What you did so far is really great. The current site speed is very fast now.
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 7:21 PM
Default sexy sims
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
It's offline till I get the servers sorted out and do some other maintenance on it.

My god, I was starting to think I was the only one who wondered.

Thanks for the update Delphy, you guys are rockin'
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:25 PM
I just wanted to thank you! The site and downloads are incredibly fast! I and my huge downloads folder thank you. XD
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 3:50 PM
Does this down time include Sexy Sims. There are some cutie outfits on there that I wanted, but all this week it has been down. I hoping that is the case or is there something wrong with the site itself?
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4